• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

FyreWulff

wwm0nkey said:
But what if the new Forge is just a map maker like Far Cry 2?

Then they better have a foliage brush for the outsides of maps.

Truefax: I bought Far Cry 2 on PC solely to play with the editor. I think I've played like 10 minutes of the single player and have yet to actually play an actual multiplayer match.

I wonder if anyone has done Highlands in it's editor yet..

Steelyuhas said:
I've lost all my H2 DLC to the 360's wrath. :/

It sucks, because you never see it coming. It'll just randomly decide "Fuck your OXbox files" and corrupt them.

I know it will happen eventually. It already did it to my Burnout 3 100% save. Best part is I couldn't delete the corrupted profile...

MrBig

FyreWulff said:
Then they better have a foliage brush for the outsides of maps.

Truefax: I bought Far Cry 2 on PC solely to play with the editor. I think I've played like 10 minutes of the single player and have yet to actually play an actual multiplayer match.

I wonder if anyone has done Highlands in it's editor yet..
Might as well have just downloaded UDK. It's just a basic height map editor.

FyreWulff

MrBig said:
Might as well have just downloaded UDK. It's just a basic height map editor.

Nah, I like FC2's live testing ability. And the giant collection of scenery objects. And smart foliage brush. Everything you see in this video can be done on the 360 version, the PC version just has higher limits on all of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8qa-naczjg

I just don't want to go online because I assume everyone on the multiplayer's been playing for years and I'm going to get violated.

FyreWulff said:
I just don't want to go online because I assume everyone on the multiplayer's been playing for years and I'm going to get violated.
Alternatively you might not find anyone because the multiplayer is terrible. Single player's great though if you're willing to concede to some questionable game design for a unique experience.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Karl2177 said:
I'm not here to play Street Fighter.
Judderman said:
Moist towelette.
Warm towelette.

Also Frankie saved us yesterday:

10.gif

Different Frankie.

FyreWulff said:
I fear the day my 360 will corrupt my Halo 2 DLC and steal my Blastacular .maps :(
You dont even have to worry about that.

Cause we're going to get a full Halo 2 HD remake in 2014. Using a sabre interactive overlay. Right Frankie? Right David? Right 343?

AnEternalEnigma said:
That's weird, because I went to play last night. I downloaded the update and when I clicked into the TU Beta playlist, it said, "You do not have the required content for this playlist" or something.

omg.kittens said:
I made the same mistake for months.

Yea, that decision to persistantly harrass those DLC-less folk looks even worse than on paper when you consider the amount of players who actually think they're excluded from a playlist when they're not.

Louis Wu said:
I usually don't mind this stuff...

lovethattrueskill.png

The only reason I died as much as I did is because even though the other team (mostly) sucked... they knew enough to team up on me. I had four people teamshotting me at almost all times.

I have NO clue how that game selection was made. :(

I feel your pain Wu. 'Matches' like that are unfathomable.

feel

Dax01 said:
Is Bungie the dumpster? I don't get it.
Reach is the dumpster. Doesn't matter if the eclair landed on top of a magazine, you're still eating garbage. Me saying complete garbage was of course an exageration because obviously there's tons of good lines of code in there (like the ones that dictate the FOV angle), but you know what I meant.

unrelated-
No disrespect meant towards any big forger here, but Forge maps in matchmaking need to fuck off. I want to play colorful maps that are pleasant to look at in unique misterious locations, and properly lit. And besides the aesthetic aspects, I also HATE having to learn the layouts of new random maps all the time.

Tawpgun

Zeouterlimits said:
I may have mentioned it at the time, but my girlfriend and I have no idea how the winner won and yours didn't.
People respond better to humor. Rooster Teeth also believe this and they were the judges apparently.

The winners video was pretty good, a little drawn out, but good.

A27 Tawpgun said:
People respond better to humor. Rooster Teeth also believe this and they were the judges apparently.

The winners video was pretty good, a little drawn out, but good.
Felt like a very poor RvB re-thread to me.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
Not this shit again...
If we stop right now this'll be the end of it, I will not look for you, I will not pm you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will continue this meme.

kylej

Banned
Dani said:
Playing other games and decided to hop on Reach to cool down.

5454154154545454545.jpg

Yeah, thanks. =/

You can't even begin to understand the sophistication of the matchmaking algorithms. Shit is crazy. Give the system time.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well, played about twenty games today, only won half, but finally got the weekly. NO THANKS TO YOU GUYS.

kylej said:
You can't even begin to understand the sophistication of the matchmaking algorithms. Shit is crazy. Give the system time.
lol.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just pre-ordered Skyrim with release day delivery. And then CEA four days later. Awww yeahhh.

PNut said:
The Arena is dead. Can't find a match searching in a full group anymore. It takes for ever to find a game.

And that's what you get for very strict party and trueskill requirements. People are always complaining about how trueskill is fucking them out of good teammates, but if you make it very strict then you might not be able to find a game to play in at all.

Just showing the other side of the coin, I'd love to not play against a TO4 when I'm searching solo.

Steelyuhas said:
And that's what you get for very strict party and trueskill requirements. People are always complaining about how trueskill is fucking them out of good teammates, but if you make it very strict then you might not be able to find a game to play in at all.

Just showing the other side of the coin, I'd love to not play against a TO4 when I'm searching solo.

Population size problem as well. How many current players Pnut?

After playing Crysis for a good 4 or 5 hours today, I decided to play some Reach to finally try out the TU Beta playlist. One thing I noticed was the insanely small FOV! I never really noticed it before, but now it's kinda bothering me.

-Yeti said:
After playing Crysis for a good 4 or 5 hours today, I decided to play some Reach to finally try out the TU Beta playlist. Once thing I noticed was the insanely small FOV! I never really noticed it before, but now it's kinda bothering me.

Well Reach's FOV is significantly wider than Halo 2 and 3's, if you can believe that.

Tunavi

Banned
-Yeti said:
After playing Crysis for a good 4 or 5 hours today, I decided to play some Reach to finally try out the TU Beta playlist. One thing I noticed was the insanely small FOV! I never really noticed it before, but now it's kinda bothering me.
How is Crysis console? I want it...

GTP_Daverytimes said:
I actually like halo, it just boggled my mind how it amassed such a huge thread. 6 official threads is really something, combined that's around 116,000 posts or so.

Have you seen AlienShogun post? He was into Halo for like 2 months and has NinetyEight percent of the posts in the H3 and Reach thread. At one point I swear he had a 3 page conversation about Halo with himself.

(Love you you crazy bastard)

feel

Tunavi said:
How is Crysis console? I want it...
Visuals are really good but the base movement speed makes you wish you had Reach's instead.. yeah it's that bad. You're ether walking around very slowly or going really fast when you activate sprint, with no normal speed in between to do some comfortable exploration/sightseeing in. It wasn't like that on pc, I wish I could have a refund, I can't enjoy it like that.

Tunavi

Banned
Ah well. I still want it. I've never played it before.

I think I've narrowed down my 2011 holiday shopping list
Portal 2 - $15 just snagged it last week on sale
CEA - 10 Stocked up amazon credit
Shadow Complex – 600 Space allards, on sale tomorrow and I have the points
Crysis - 20
BF3 - 40 Not sure about this one
Skyrim - 40 I want to explore
Saints row 3 - 40 I want to fuck shit up
the last 3 are based on the assumption that they come with $20 amazon credit.
Grand Total will be about 125 - 165.

343rd post

Ken

Tunavi said:
Ah well. I still want it. I've never played it before.

I think I've narrowed down my 2011 holiday shopping list
Portal 2 - $15 just snagged it last week on sale
CEA - 10 Stocked up amazon credit
Shadow Complex – 600 Space allards, on sale tomorrow and I have the points
Crysis - 20
BF3 - 40 Not sure about this one
Skyrim - 40 I want to explore
Saints row 3 - 40 I want to fuck shit up
the last 3 are based on the assumption that they come with $20 amazon credit.
Grand Total will be about 125 - 165.

343rd post
No Arkham City?

Top Bottom