• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

feel

Syracuse022 said:
The popcorn Flood costume is hilarious:
Flood.png
f2lvv5.jpg

thezerofire said:
lol if you're going to use a LMG it better be the AUG.

I kinda miss mw2.
The AUG used to be my baby. That beaut is practically a 63-round sniper with the grip.

On paper, MW2 sounds like a colossal failure. Why would you give the team that's doing well an even larger advantage with killstreaks? In reality, the game rewards the players who are doing well, which is a godsend when I'm matched up with The World's Worst Randoms.

Domino Theory said:
Finally sucked it up and read 50 more pages of Cryptum last night. Only 100 left and I'm done with my second book ever.

So I guess with the (big Cryptum spoiler)
description of Forerunners being able to go through mutations to become a different, stronger class of Warriors, that sets it up nicely for the variety of enemies we may face in the Reclaimer Trilogy.
I don't see the connection. Elaborate?

Tha Robbertster said:
I think he means fighting different classes of forerunners that have undergone different mutations in Halo 4
That's what I thought, but
I don't see how we'll be fighting Forerunners under any circumstances

MrBig

Dax01 said:
Why rule out the possibility?
It is a shield world and absolutely anything can be in there, cut off from whatever happened. Could be flood. Could be forerunner descendants. Could be some other race that was saved before the rings went off.

Dax01 said:

I see a possibilty for forerunners as enemies but certainly not as the main enemy. A warrior class forerunner could be in a boss-fight perhaps

Hitmonchan107 said:
The AUG used to be my baby. That beaut is practically a 63-round sniper with the grip.

On paper, MW2 sounds like a colossal failure. Why would you give the team that's doing well an even larger advantage with killstreaks? In reality, the game rewards the players who are doing well, which is a godsend when I'm matched up with The World's Worst Randoms.
I would never use it. It was too easy. It was all about famas, scar, tar, ump, mp5, vector, and intervention. spas on shotguns.

Dax01 said:
Cortana: But the Forerunners themselves were gone forever. This destruction, this conflagration, was their gift to you, and their sacrifice. They left you to reclaim your world, to rebuild it with your own hands. By sacrificing themselves. Eternally.

A Forerunner is seen sealing away its armour.

-

Cortana: Some secrets should remain untouched. Secrets can tempt your primal instinct, and lead you again into war. The Halos were one such secret.

ElRenoRaven

Syracuse022 said:
Bro. It's gold. Go play Assault on the Control Room until you get to the end of the first bridge please. Christ.

The popcorn Flood costume is hilarious:
http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets/en-us/blog/News/HaloAvatarCollectionOctober/Flood.png[img][/QUOTE]

Yes because gold elites are all over the fucking game. You see more red and blue then you do gold. Not to mention the gold just looks like shit on an avatar. And for your information I have beaten the first damn game on legendary like I have 3, Reach, and ODST so I've seen that section thank you very fucking much.

Tha Robbertster said:
before I want the precursors as enemy, I want to know what they are. If ther're just the flood/gravemind, then I'd be disapointed
Why do you want to know what they are? It's one of these new big mysterious.
Tbh. I guess I'm the only one who wants to that unveil in Halo 4. The
Precursors
will hopefully play a big role in the Reclaimer trilogy. Give me the answers in the game.

MrBig said:
Why rule out the possibility?
It is a shield world and absolutely anything can be in there, cut off from whatever happened. Could be flood. Could be forerunner descendants. Could be some other race that was saved before the rings went off.
Because all indications point to
the Foreunners not being anywhere. That's one of the current mysteries about them. Despite their contingency plans, something happened to them. There's no indication that they're there if you're going off Halo Wars or GoO. Of course Halo 4 is gonna be different in that there are going to be more than just sentinels in this Shield World. Plus, Forerunners are physically similar to humans (Cryptum dances around this aspect, and hopefully this will be addressed in Primordium), so I don't think it'll be happening for that reason too. You know, shooting humans. You shoot aliens in Halo.
Blue Ninja said:
I'm still thinking we'll be facing Precursors, not Forerunners.
I think it's possible our main antagonist, aside from Cortana going rampant, will be the Prisoner in Cryptum (and presumably Primordium and its sequel), but I don't think we'll be facing Precursors either. The Prisoner kind of loses his significance if there are more Precursor's running around, and Cryptum does imply that he's the last one when the Forerunners rose up against the Precursors.

I know I'm basing this off a lot of implied material, but after everything I've read released by 343, that's the feeling I have.

And all of this could change post Glasslands.

Devolution said:
Vidya talk still goin? BF pre-ordered Skyrim. My finals are fucked. =)
Devo? Devo?! What happened to your face?

Okay guys. I'm leaking the Halo 4 ending right now. Serious stuff. So don't read it.
Master Chief moves into a giant building. Very spooky. You know spooky like Dead Space. Chief looks slowly around. Really spooky. I'm peeing in my pants right now. Chief is in the middle of the room. He hears a voice. "You seek her. I shall give you answer" A giant creature appears. Halo 4 logo. Credits. Game is over.

And the legendary ending. The same but the credits are different. Every 343i employee tries to make the troll smiley with their faces. And in the end GS appears and delivers you the message: Halo 5 comes out in 2016.

Sorry. Microsoft is starting a law suit against me now. Even if you know the end, please still buy the game. I want to leak Halo 5 ending again.

Kibbles

wwm0nkey said:
I just want the numbers to stop really. I think 4 can get away with it but just barley.

I know some people where wishing for Halo 4 to be called Halo: Forerunner after the Halo 3 ending lol
I don't know, "Halo 4" sounds exciting, like this is the next big actual Halo game. Not a ODST or Reach. Halo 5 and 6 does sound weird though. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Pre-ordered Anniversary off Amazon. $10 credit ftw, haha. Too many great games coming out. I was planning to save for a master-race PC to experience Battlefield 3 in all it's glory but I just decided to get the 360 version instead and save my money for other things and more games. So disappointed in 24 players though...

Hitmonchan107 said:
On paper, MW2 sounds like a colossal failure, and in practice, it's pretty much still a colossal failure.

Fixed that for you bro.

MW2 is my least favorite MP COD by far. It's a mess.

PsychoRaven said:
Yes because gold elites are all over the fucking game. You see more red and blue then you do gold. Not to mention the gold just looks like shit on an avatar. And for your information I have beaten the first damn game on legendary like I have 3, Reach, and ODST so I've seen that section thank you very fucking much.
I'm just saying, red and blue elites are a dime a dozen - gold elite encounters are memorable experiences. I understand where you're coming from, but if I could choose one to represent my Halo memories, I'd choose gold.

feel

heckfu said:
I know it's Grifball so call me a scrub or whatever...but getting a Killionaire with a bomb in any gametype is enough to make me a happy Heckfu. Will someone render this for me?

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=24152353&player=Heckfu
Pressed the wrong button and rendered it in HD using up all my remaining points, now I can't render anything else this month. Dammit what if I do something awesome in online Halo this month?? Wait, it's still October, nevermind.

Letters said:
Pressed the wrong button and rendered it in HD using up all my remaining points, now I can't render anything else this month. Dammit what if I do something awesome in online Halo this month?? Wait, it's still October, nevermind.

I still have 20 render minutes. PM me if you need anything.

Offer is open to any of HaloGAF.

Homeboyd

Letters said:
You did it on purpose you big softy, you!

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar and I honor you!

Dax01 said:
I think it's possible our main antagonist, aside from Cortana going rampant, will be the Prisoner in Cryptum (and presumably Primordium and its sequel), but I don't think we'll be facing Precursors either. The Prisoner kind of loses his significance if there are more Precursor's running around, and Cryptum does imply that he's the last one when the Forerunners rose up against the Precursors.

I know I'm basing this off a lot of implied material, but after everything I've read released by 343, that's the feeling I have.

And all of this could change post Glasslands.
I'll rephrase. I'm thinking
we'll encounter our friend the Prisoner again, and the enemies we'll be facing will probably be some kind of synthetic minions of his. Maybe ones that can morph into different shapes.

Or I could be dead wrong, and we're fighting ponies. Flood-infested ponies.

heckfu

Banned
Letters said:

thanks so much! sorry about the mix up though... :(

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
GhaleonEB said:
Halo book, or book?

The latter. :p

First book was Shit My Dad Says.

Dax01 said:

Eh?
It's in the beginning of the book that says Forerunners were at war with humans and won which let Forerunners start harvesting their land and resources (similar to Reapers from Mass Effect, but not as cruel). It's not crazy to think we could fight them again.

And I shouldn't have read MrBig's spoiler tag. Fuck. :(

Top Bottom