• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Homeboyd said:
Yeah but...

[ig]http://www.freeimagesarchive.com/data/media/25/11_snooki.jpg[/img]

=

[ig]http://madeira.hccanet.org/project2/salzmannp2/Pictures/www.the-junkyard.net_images_characters_halo2_grunt.jpg_SPLASH.jpg[/img]

?
Could work.
We are quickly approaching dangerous territory of Flood-Phallus proportions.

Dax01 said:
I don't get it. Who is that guy?
We don't go to Jersey Shore..

ElRenoRaven

Dax01 said:
I've heard of Jersey Shore but I've never seen it.

Thank god you haven't. I once in a blue moon let a marathon of that shit play when there isn't shit on. Ironically it's usually around the holidays too. My brain hates myself after that too.

In fact they had one a couple of weeks ago around Labor day and you had one of the dumbshits actually head butting a fucking wall instead of actually beating the shit out of the dumbass wanting to fight him which resulted in him going to the emergency room or something.

PsychoRaven said:
Thank god you haven't. I once in a blue moon let a marathon of that shit play when there isn't shit on. Ironically it's usually around the holidays too. My brain hates myself after that too.

In fact they had one a couple of weeks ago around Labor day and you had one of the dumbshits actually head butting a fucking wall instead of actually beating the shit out of the dumbass wanting to fight him which resulted in him going to the emergency room or something.

Did you just admit to watching jersey shore...?

feel

PsychoRaven said:

You just don't get it. But that's alright, someday it will click for you and you'll be all "OH SHIT!!" and run out to buy the collection's edition bluray of the complete run of the show.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A27_StarWolf said:
Did you just admit to watching jersey shore...?
You see this?

M40sA.gif

Deeper than The Wire.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Plywood said:
Fucking hell, why are teammates like 10x more useless in the TU?

i was asking myself this earlier when i kept playing with guys in ZB using the needler.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dax01 said:
Cause Tashi is a noob. You didn't know? I've known ever since I beat him in that 1v1 game.
Pro status.
op_ivy said:
i was asking myself this earlier when i kept playing with guys in ZB using the needler.
The default speed and jump height also do no favors on maps like Asylum and Boardwalk. Very frustrating getting triple teamed and not even being able to sprint away in time.

I always assumed before reach came out we would get Double credit weekend playlists or something similar, its a shame that didnt happen.

In other news, im eating grapes and making the Dragonball Z ultimate tenkaichi OT.

GhaleonEB i have a new found respect for you.

MrBig

StalkerUKCG said:
I always assumed before reach came out we would get Double credit weekend playlists or something similar, its a shame that didnt happen.
I wonder what jackpots are supposed to be then...

GhaleonEB

Let's say, hypothetically, that you were working on an OT for Halo Anniversary. And you want to include a timeline/archive of notable Halo 1 stuff. What to include?

I'm thinking:

Original MacWorld announcement trailer
Randall Glass' Warthog Jump video
Evolution of Halo video
Boll's flash Warthog jump game

That kind of stuff. I've got a list going. No need to dig up links, unless you want to. I'll do the heavy lifting.
StalkerUKCG said:

In other news, im eating grapes and making the Dragonball Z ultimate tenkaichi OT.

GhaleonEB i have a new found respect for you.
Crazy how much time they take, isn't it?

MrBig said:
I wonder what jackpots are supposed to be then...
I suppose they kinda fill the roll, and recently we have been getting them more frequent but a playlist that doubles everything you earn for example.

Game Complete 1000
Performance Bonus 250
Commendations 300
Slot Machine 600
Playlist Modifier X2

Total 4300

GhaleonEB said:
Let's say, hypothetically, that you were working on an OT for Halo Anniversary. And you want to include a timeline/archive of notable Halo 1 stuff. What to include?

I'm thinking:

Evolution of Halo video

That kind of stuff. I've got a list going. No need to dig up links, unless you want to. I'll do the heavy lifting.

Tower 2 Tower should be on, really i cant see many other things to go on it. Maybe some of the awards it got ?

GhaleonEB said:

Im still on the photoshop Segments :|. Out of interest what do you use to format it, Notepad, word or GAF itself?

Havok

GhaleonEB said:

I'm thinking:

Evolution of Halo video

The completed Tower to Tower stunt is incredibly impressive, and shows how long a life the Halo 1 tricking community has had.

Edit: beaten with a pillowcase filled with batteries.

Edit 2: Halo CE completed in 1:16:43 - to showcase the depth of tricks in the game.

GhaleonEB

StalkerUKCG said:
Im still on the photoshop Segments :|. Out of interest what do you use to format it, Notepad, word or GAF itself?
I build out a list of content in Notepad, then paste it into GAF for formatting. After each working session I save the GAF text into Notepad, and keep a rolling backup there for all drafts. That way when I want to start work on it, I can just paste it into a post, hit Preview, and see what I want to work on.

I'm going to try for a lighter text approach this time around. Some of the OT's lately have really done a great job with compact, visually nice layouts of content that I'm going try and emulate.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
I'm going to try for a lighter text approach this time around. Some of the OT's lately have really done a great job with compact, visually nice layouts of content that I'm going try and emulate.
Hit me up for any help you might need.

I was planning on doing two new pieces in celebration of the 10th anniversary but did not expect the workload that my current art classes would have so nothing from me :(

GhaleonEB

MrBig said:
Hit me up for any help you might need.

I was planning on doing two new pieces in celebration of the 10th anniversary but did not expect the workload that my current art classes would have so nothing from me :(
Will do. I learned some image making basics (using GIMP) for the Reach OT, but I'll need to learn a lot more to keep the CEA up to snuff, so I might need a hand. Thanks for the offer.

GhaleonEB said:
Will do. I learned some image making basics (using GIMP) for the Reach OT, but I'll need to learn a lot more to keep the CEA up to snuff, so I might need a hand. Thanks for the offer.
Ill volunteer aswell, Just in case MrBig is busy.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
senador said:
Wow I have some catching up to do. I just saw this on reddit:

Head-crotch-shot
Haha, that's awesome.

heckfu said:
Weekly finished and went Onyx in Jack of All Trades my last match. Eh hmm...I must retire to my nerdery now.
I'm close to getting Jack of All Trades to onyx. It's gonna be my first competitive onyx commendation, awwww yeahhh.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
ncsuDuncan said:
No list of Halo CE videos is complete without Maptacular by insidi0us.

Couldn't find an "official" youtube link, but here is the HBO news post if that helps.

Nostalgia bomb'd. Amazing video.

I wonder if Halo:CE on GoD will work with XBConnect/XLink Kai.

heckfu

Banned
Schmitty said:
How did you get 200 multi so quick? Zombies?
Got off work at noon today and played 17 games of grifball. Lucky I had host it seemed a lot of games (especially that killionaire I got with the bomb I posted earlier
Humble brag
)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
heckfu said:
Got off work at noon today and played 17 games of grifball. Lucky I had host it seemed a lot of games (especially that killionaire I got with the bomb I posted earlier
Humble brag
)
Just saw that. I woulda been laughing my ass off, haha.

biosnake20 said:
Is there any no bloom gametypes in the playlist?
Yeah, any gametype that's prefaced with ZB is Zero Bloom.

GhaleonEB said:

I'm thinking:

Evolution of Halo video

Maybe the Gamestrock 2001 footage of Halo?

Dax01 said:
Why Saturday?
NYCC? Halo Anniversary Campaign Discussion?

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:

I'm thinking:

Evolution of Halo video

Yup without a doubt the Evolution of Halo video. A lot of people still have never seen that. It's just amazing to see how much the game changed.

Top Bottom