• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Judderman

drawer by drawer
FyreWulff said:

bwYn5.gif

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Alright ZB is awesome. It's fast it's awesome, you die and kill so fast.

Are you guys still playing customs? I wanna try it without armor lock and jetpack on some good maps.

FyreWulff said:
Probably due to the betrayal bug when you infect someone

Yea but how often does that happen?

Cause I just played 12 games of it to get the Put Your Quarter Up challenge and that glitch didn't happen once. I did get betrayed A LOT though. Plus if you were teaming (scheming) with another player you could have infinite fresh pistol ammo just betray your buddy then have him betray you for fresh ammo supplies (which is totally breaking the game since limited ammo is such a key to Zombies)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
PsychoRaven said:
Yup without a doubt the Evolution of Halo video. A lot of people still have never seen that. It's just amazing to see how much the game changed.
And yet, you didnt link it!

feel

Never saw that T2T video, so amazing! Even to pull off the preparation parts of the stunt they had to do some pretty wild tricks that took the community years to figure out. Halo CE is the best videogame ever.

NOKYARD

Deputy Moonman said:
The one thing I got from this video was that Melodious wasn't very good lol.
Melodious was insidi0us's girlfriend. She was not a Halo player so he had to teach her how to do her parts. Yes, they stayed together after completing the video.

insidi0us was one of High Speed Halo's top runners and is credited with some of the most impressive Halo Ce speed runs. His Legendary Silent Cartographer & Two Betrayals runs stand as the current records. He also started HSH's 77 thread (our version of Waiting for Godot) in 2005, which is still going strong today.

ElzarTheBam said:
If you read one thing today, then read this!

article said:
So if we took something like iron-sights and just said “alright, now Halo has iron-sights” that would be a pretty dramatic change and whether or not that would be for better or for worse would require a lot of testing and a lot of user-research to figure out.
Keep that dogshit out of Halo. There, I just saved you a ton of research. ;-)

...not that I think for a second that iron sights would ever see the light of day in a Halo game, but still...

squidhands said:

...not that I think for a second that iron sights would ever see the light of day in a Halo game, but still...
I don't like Iron sight either. This will sound crazy to some of you guys, but nearly every shooter has Iron sight now, it makes in some sort Halo special. lol.

squidhands said:

Exactly. Fuck iron sights.

ElzarTheBam said:
If you read one thing today, then read this!
That was a good interview, but the iron sights question was pretty dumb.
Hypertrooper said:
I don't like Iron sight either. This will sound crazy to some of you guys, but nearly every shooter has Iron sight now, it makes in some sort Halo special. lol.
Not Half-Life. <3
half_life_2_episode_two.jpg

Louis Wu

Just for its historical value - the very first Halo music video was Aaron Suhr's BungieLOVE. Original newspost was here (lol at the 'we don't have the bandwidth for a 15 mb file'), video link is here.

Tawpgun

As far as anniversary OT, make sure to include some details on Halo PC as well.

Definitely include Red vs Blue Episode 1

Comparison screens

The Waypoint Sound Effect videos.
--------------------------------------------

Also, ADS in Halo. lol.

I've had people outright, no trolling, for srs, say that Halo is out-dated because it didn't have sprint (fuck you, Reach.) and Aim Down Sights. I don't think they could grasp how HORRIBLE Halo's gameplay would be with ADS. God Damn.

TheOddOne

A27 Tawpgun said:
I've had people outright, no trolling, for srs, say that Halo is out-dated because it didn't have sprint (fuck you, Reach.) and Aim Down Sights. I don't think they could grasp how HORRIBLE Halo's gameplay would be with ADS. God Damn.
The same people whill be saying "see Halo just copies nowadays, no real innovation".

Tawpgun

Honestly, not even CoD should have ADS. It just ends up playing like a slower, easier version of Counter Strike.

Games with ADS should use it for realism/immersion. Battlefield ADS works remarkably well and I'm pretty sure BF did ADS before CoD.... might be wrong though.

CoD is too arcady. It would be cool, however, if they included an ADS-less game mode in MW3. The reticle would be modified to represent the correct amount of bullet spread as if you were ADSing, so it would be the accuracy of ADS with the glory of a reticle.

Needs some sort of zoom functionality though.

Another interesting thing they could do is implement ADS without reducing player speed.

So, question about Anniversary.

Will I earn cR playing Anniversary multiplayer? Will it blend with Reach? As I recall, Bungie/343 holds all of our Spartan's stats on the web, so I believe it could. What about campaign?

Tawpgun

Epyon MX said:

Will I earn cR playing Anniversary multiplayer? Will it blend with Reach? As I recall, Bungie/343 holds all of our Spartan's stats on the web, so I believe it could. What about campaign?

If you play through the CEA campaign you will get no credits whatsoever (I think so anyway) There's scoring, and skulls and whatnot, but no credits.

Anniversary Multiplayer is the same as Reach Multiplayer, but on the new maps. So you use the same spartan with the same settings, armor, credits, stats EVERYTHING, from Reach.

If you play from the Anniversary disc you can only play the Anniversary maps in the Anniversary playlists. If you have Reach installed to your hard drive, then you can play all maps with the anniversary disc.

If you download the anniversary maps (there will be a code in the box to do this) you can download the new maps and then play them and the anniversary playlists right from your Reach disc.

The maps and multiplayer are interchangeable, but the campaigns are restricted to each disc.

Epyon MX said:

The Anniversary multiplayer is the Reach multiplayer. You will get credits etc. for playing it. But the Campaign is technically the same like ten years ago. So no Credits, No daily challenge, no theater. I don't know if there is a metascore system. But there're skulls, so I think metascore system will be in.(But just in the "Anniversary" version of the game)

FyreWulff

squidhands said:

This is my same reaction to people that wanted ironsights in Perfect Dark XBLA.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Clearly the correct response is to buy more games without ADS/iron sights.

Dear HaloGAF,

Buy and play Half-Life games.

Sincerely,
Dax

Tawpgun

Dax01 said:
Clearly the correct response is to buy more games without ADS/iron sights.

Dear HaloGAF,

Buy and play Half-Life games.

Sincerely,
Dax
Implying everyone already hasn't.

That's been an established franchise for quite some time. What's sad is no more shooters, NEW IP shooters, are coming out that have reticle aiming. Not to mention the disturbing lack of Arena Shooters. Only one we have left is Halo. And I mean that on consoles/modern ones. Obviously Quake Live is still alive and running.

I guess Gears is sort of an Arena shooter, but with a different movement.

daedalius

A27 Tawpgun said:

That's been an established franchise for quite some time. What's sad is no more shooters, NEW IP shooters, are coming out that have reticle aiming. Not to mention the disturbing lack of Arena Shooters. Only one we have left is Halo. And I mean that on consoles/modern ones. Obviously Quake Live is still alive and running.

Space Marine is pretty 'arena shooter' in its multiplayer, but it has a slowdown when you 'aim' like in Gears/TPS but firing from the hip is pretty effective with a lot of weapons. But at the same time it has classes instead of power-weapons on the field, which makes it play quite different from other arena shooters like UT, quake, etc; probably most like Rocket Arena for Quake imo.

A27 Tawpgun said:

Then everyone should buy them a second time!

Tawpgun

Alienshogun said:
So how's the TU? Did AL actually get a nerf?
It did.

Doesn't make it any less annoying. You can now shoot/nade people who are locked and they pop out quicker. Not by too much.

And they can't deflect a stick once its already on them.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
A27 Tawpgun said:
It did.

Doesn't make it any less annoying. You can now shoot/nade people who are locked and they pop out quicker. Not by too much.

So it's a minor tweak, and that's it? That's pretty crappy.

What about the zero bloom playlist? Is it everything some of you hoped for? I saw uleet playing around with it yesterday, and it seemed to be more fun.

daedalius

Alienshogun said:
So how's the TU? Did AL actually get a nerf?

Still seems like a pause button, still have gotten killed by someone's teammate while they are 1shot and would have lost if not for armor lock. I think it should still just be for wrecking ghosts that try and smash you/and messing with other vehicles.

Hopefully it just won't be in the classic playlist. In classic, do they have pickups for overshield and active camo? or are those not even in Reach at all? I think I saw it in Beaver Creek or something...

Zerobloom seems pretty cool, but the pistol in ZB seems a bit OP. DMR fights are more fun; but the ZB settings seem to kind of invalidate every other weapon besides the best power weapons.

Also, can I plug my ipod into my xbox yet for a custom playlist? I remember I could do this a long time ago and then it just stopped working, haven't tried in a while.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
daedalius said:
Still seems like a pause button, still have gotten killed by someone's teammate while they are 1shot and would have lost if not for armor lock. I think it should still just be for wrecking ghosts that try and smash you/and messing with other vehicles.

Hopefully it just won't be in the classic playlist. In classic, do they have pickups for overshield and active camo? or are those not even in Reach at all? I think I saw it in Beaver Creek or something...

The only problem I have with "classic" playlists is that the population is always small as hell. On a P2P game that creates the issue of getting matched with people across the god damned globe, then you throw in "truskill," and it only gets worse.

I don't get this trend of adding shit to games that make the game annoying.

Commando lunge for COD, Armor lock for Halo, and Sawed off for Gears.

The trend needs to stop.

Photolysis said:
Well, it is now statistically proven that sticking a player with AL is exactly 937% more satisfying.

Yes, AL still sucks.

They should let everyone spawn with 8 plasmas in AL playlists. ;)

A27 Tawpgun said:
It did.

It makes it way less annoying, they are much easier to kill, it takes less time, and less people use it.

Tawpgun

The Real Napsta said:
It makes it way less annoying, they are much easier to kill, it takes less time, and less people use it.
Less people use it? Not in my time with the beta playlists.

Much easier to kill? They were already easy to kill before, that wasn't the problem. The problem was the pause button effect it had. Now its slightly shorter, but still a pause button.

Just as annoying though.

Alienshogun said:
So it's a minor tweak, and that's it? That's pretty crappy.

What about the zero bloom playlist? Is it everything some of you hoped for? I saw uleet playing around with it yesterday, and it seemed to be more fun.
85% should be implemented across the board.

Ideally, I'd like to have a ZB DMR with an 85 Pistol. The problem ZB has is that the movement in Reach means you still can't strafe effectively.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Less people use it? Not in my time with the beta playlists.

Much easier to kill? They were already easy to kill before, that wasn't the problem. The problem was the pause button effect it had. Now its slightly shorter, but still a pause button.

Just as annoying though.

85% should be implemented across the board.

Ideally, I'd like to have a ZB DMR with an 85 Pistol. The problem ZB has is that the movement in Reach means you still can't strafe effectively.

How is it easy to kill a guy who is invulnerable and and has tons of time for his teammates to come help?

Now we are in control, nade them, pop them out of lock and shoot them in the face before his teammates get there.

I barely see anyone using it anymore. Everyone uses Sprint/jetpack now.

Risen

A27 Tawpgun said:
The problem ZB has is that the movement in Reach means you still can't strafe effectively.

That's not a problem with ZB... that's a problem with the movement. The game with ZB is still infinitely more enjoyable for me even with the feeling of being an immobile slug.

FyreWulff

Willeth said:
Did the TU make the Nightfall door glitch more reliable, or did I just get lucky not hitting the teleport volume just now?

TU didn't touch campaign at all.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Cept for the being able to play without an HD thing.

I view that more of a backend change. TU touching campaign means campaign bugs/exploits fixed or weapon changes to me.

Top Bottom