• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

OuterWorldVoice said:
Slipspace crystals.
Elite Bronies. It all makes sense now.

Oh, and happy birthday!

fpupfmoru.gif

Frankie, judging from my little freakout over a couple of dates in the fiction, I can't imagine how hard you're job must be to be aware of as much in the Halo universe at all times. Celebrate your birthday well!

Wut.

I have the same birthday as Frankie? I'm so happy right now.

I'm going to remove my pants and start running around my house hanging brain - brb.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
OuterWorldVoice said:

You coming out to drinks tonight to help celebrate the double birthday across the sky (of Bellevue)?

I'll understand if you can't make it
due to the Matlock marathon on the TBS Superstation™

GhaleonEB

lybertyboy said:
You coming out to drinks tonight to help celebrate the double birthday across the sky (of Bellevue)?

Oh shit.

(Happy birthday, Frankie. I'm curmudgenly about my birthdays, but I hope you enjoy yours.)

TheOddOne

lybertyboy said:

Shit just got real.

Karl2177

Happy birthday Frank!

On another note, Facebook is recommending Duncan as a friend. Gotta love those extended cookies, seeing what sites we're visiting.

lybertyboy said:
I'm just overcompensating because I turn 30 this year.
But you totally don't look 30. (crap. only works with women)

ncsuDuncan said:
C'mon, HaloGAF. Let's keep it clean with the birthday jokes.

Appropriate:

- Making a reference to AI rampancy.

- Asking Frank for his favorite Roy Batty quote.

- Referring to him as The Timeless One.

NOT Appropriate:

- Assuming he is as old as Marty.

- Mentioning that you were in middle school when Halo came out. *cough* Dax *cough*

- Asking Frank what it was like before video games television.
I'm always laughing to death, because of your post. Did I tell ya that?

C'mon, HaloGAF. Let's keep it clean with the birthday jokes.

Appropriate:

- Making a reference to AI rampancy.

- Asking Frank for his favorite Roy Batty quote.

- Referring to him as The Timeless One.

NOT Appropriate:

- Assuming he is as old as Marty.

- Mentioning that you were in middle school when Halo came out. *cough* Dax *cough*

- Asking Frank what it was like before video games television.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
lybertyboy said:

No, I have to raise a human. On the Westside. Because her mom is off slutting it up in Europe.

Homeboyd

I'm not wishing you happy birthday because you didn't wish me happy birthday a couple weeks ago.

Yeah.

Bridges, you're burnin em.

you thought I was going to say happy birthday here huh..?

happybdayBRO!

OuterWorldVoice said:
No, I have to raise a human. On the Westside. Because her mom is off slutting it up in Europe.

I fear for you if your wife lurks NeoGAF :p

Happy Birthday. I promise to buy Halo 4, that is my gift to you.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
OuterWorldVoice said:
:lol :lol

I leave for Orlando tomorrow, pumped for the MLG event man. I'll be updating my twitter with tons of stuff including stats (@tashi0106). Also, I'm going to be filming the entire experience and making a huge video when I get back. Should be awesome. Kyle, if I talk to Walshy, I'll get him to give you a shoutout.

kylej

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Kyle, if I talk to Walshy, I'll get him to give you a shoutout.

You'll get an Adderall high just from shaking his hand. Papa Walsh to wins Nats this year.

OuterWorldVoice said:

dat International Interaction.

Crucio

I've got a one-month Gold Xbox Live code for the first lucky person who quotes/wants it.

:)

Edit: Gave it to first, Hypertrooper, use it well.

Crucio said:
I've got a one-month Gold Xbox Live code for the first lucky person who quotes/wants it.

:)
I want pls! My gold will run out early december. :( But you still can give it to someone other who needs it more. I can still buy Gold. :)

MrBig

Just pre-ordered CEA and BF3.

Will have to renew my live sub next week. Spent a two day pass playing BF3 beta so I still haven't tried the TU changes.

Gabotron ES said:
I just want it to have detailed and nice looking forge pieces, Forge World's pieces are not just grey and blue but they look really bad, not like something you could see on a built in map.

I want a forge space that isn't plagued by grinding framerate problems when one scopes.

OuterWorldVoice said:

walshy.jpg

feel

Happy birthday Frank, try not to go senile before you finish saving Halo.

Tashi0106 said:
I leave for Orlando tomorrow, pumped for the MLG event man. I'll be updating my twitter with tons of stuff including stats (@tashi0106). Also, I'm going to be filming the entire experience and making a huge video when I get back. Should be awesome.
Looking forward to watching this. Have fun!

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
:lol :lol

I leave for Orlando tomorrow, pumped for the MLG event man. I'll be updating my twitter with tons of stuff including stats (@tashi0106). Also, I'm going to be filming the entire experience and making a huge video when I get back. Should be awesome. Kyle, if I talk to Walshy, I'll get him to give you a shoutout.
Any other gaffers going to be there?

Happy birthday frankie! And thank YOU for the wonderful gift of the 1st 2 chapters of glasslands. You shouldn't have, but it was just want I wanted.

On an unrelated note, I have a little story about how I consume HaloGAF. I've had my account approved for just about 3 years now and I'm still rocking junior status. That means I don't post much, and now often get confused as an Eazy alt (I was the original Prince though), but I love keeping up with the thread. Since I got an iPhone last year, it has been even easier to check in wherever I go.

However, with the pace at which things have been moving (nearly to OT7 already...geez) I am constantly behind now (hello from page 56!). Sure occasionally I'll pop in for something big (HaloFest, Glasslands excerpt, frankie's bday, etc.), but most of the time I'm just way, way behind.

Rather than try and catch up though, I've found that I rather enjoy reading people's reactions well after the fact and knowing that I always have a steady supply of HaloGAF.

My favorite part about living in the past however, is checking out people's member status. For example, I just noticed that HiredN00bs is banned. Sure some people might call that a spoiler, but now I can't wait to find out what happened!

Did he post an offensive GIF of kyleJ's head on a statue being toppled? Did we find out that he was lying about his halo community veteran status all along and only watched a stream of people playing halo 2 post server shutdown. Was he actually Eazy? Who knows! I sure don't, but I can't wait to find out.

So thanks for the entertainment everyone, see you in a month and keep posting!

Hi future self! I hope you're reading this on your couch...

minasodaboy said:
Happy birthday frankie! And thank YOU for the wonderful gift of the 1st 2 chapters of glasslands. You shouldn't have, but it was just want I wanted.

On an unrelated note, I have a little story about how I consume HaloGAF. I've had my account approved for just about 3 years now and I'm still rocking junior status. That means I don't post much, and now often get confused as an Eazy alt (I was the original Prince though), but I love keeping up with the thread. Since I got an iPhone last year, it has been even easier to check in wherever I go.

However, with the pace at which things have been moving (nearly to OT7 already...geez) I am constantly behind now (hello from page 56!). Sure occasionally I'll pop in for something big (HaloFest, Glasslands excerpt, frankie's bday, etc.), but most of the time I'm just way, way behind.

Rather than try and catch up though, I've found that I rather enjoy reading people's reactions well after the fact and knowing that I always have a steady supply of HaloGAF.

My favorite part about living in the past however, is checking out people's member status. For example, I just noticed that HiredN00bs is banned. Sure some people might call that a spoiler, but now I can't wait to find out what happened!

Did he post an offensive GIF of kyleJ's head on a statue being toppled? Did we find out that he was lying about his halo community veteran status all along and only watched a stream of people playing halo 2 post server shutdown. Was he actually Eazy? Who knows! I sure don't, but I can't wait to find out.

So thanks for the entertainment everyone, see you in a month and keep posting!

Hi future self! I hope you're reading this on your couch...
Welcome to the world of tomorrow!

I have no idea why HiredN00bs was banned either.

Top Bottom