• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Steelyuhas said:
Meh I could never get into it. Tried the beard a few times and hated it the whole time.

True fact, in parts of Ireland beards act as natural age verification. This allows minors entry into drinking establishments and the ability to consume alcohol before the legal age.

Slightly Live said:
True fact, in parts of Ireland beards act as natural age verification. This allows minors entry into drinking establishments and the ability to consume alcohol before the legal age.

That
is
awesome

Not that I have to worry about that anymore

Karl2177

I just had a legitimately fun game of BTB. And even more shocking, it was CTF on Hemorrhage. If the Sniper wasn't such a death machine, it would have been more fun. To get onto the issue though.

Extend Sudden Death, please. 30 seconds is barely any time for a BTB game. We would have won the game, if we had more than 30 seconds.

Stats: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=824894510&player=Karl2177
Full game: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=24195549&player=Karl2177
Last couple of minutes(rendered): http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=24195499&player=Karl2177

Another thing: Why is the bullshit with offline files still here? People have circumnavigated that anyways, and now all it does is hurt the average person with less than stellar internet.

GhaleonEB

Slightly Live said:
I could get in now, but then I wouldn't know what to do.

neoism

PooBone said:
Pure Heresy. Traviss is 100x the writer that Nylund is. Halo is at the point now where it doesn't have to commission second rate talent to write a shitty screenplay and call it a novel (which is how Nylund writes).
Fall of REACH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ElRenoRaven

Yea put me in the Nylund camp. I just can't get into Traviss writing. Seems like I'll be passing on Glasslands based off what I've read so far between her work before and the released Glasslands stuff so far.

Ramirez said:
Didn't Travess write the Gears 3 story? Easily one of the top 5 literary pieces of our existence.
What's with the snarky remark? What's your point with it? Not every great writer produces great work with each release. Some of the best have stinkers.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Ramirez said:
Didn't Travess write the Gears 3 story? Easily one of the top 5 literary pieces of our existence.

Name a single author that could have done a better job.

I doubt any author could have done better considering the source material to work with. The Gears franchise is hardly the most intellectually taxing.

feel

Zeouterlimits said:
http://i.imgur.com/wZ5IV.jpg[IMG]

So the shirts arrived :-D.

Zalinkrow, Me, Manathen & HydraNockz.
Awesome job Letters, the back Beli343 really is fantastic (after I was doubting it earlier).[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Zeouterlimits][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HNSrR.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Awesome pictures!! :lol :lol

Thank you guys.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dax01 said:
What's with the snarky remark? What's your point with it? Not every great writer produces great work with each release. Some of the best have stinkers.
Hold on here, it is worth mentioning that Gears 3's story is by far the best in the series.

I enjoy that Traviss takes an approach of coming into these game projects with a clean slate. She doesn't play the games or read any previous material in order to give an in-biased perspective on the universe.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tashi0106 said:
Wtf I've been asking for a name change for like a year now and no luck. I hate you Dani! :(((

Who? =P

I just PMed a mod and politely asked. Got told I would be added to a waiting list and a few months later it happened. They were quite nice about it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I want a name change, too. My soul has long since shriveled up, and the world is dead to me. Kittens no longer elicit omg's from me.

But no, really, it's a dumb name and I want to get it changed. Do I just PM a mod and wait patiently?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Slightly Live said:
Who? =P

I just PMed a mod and politely asked. Got told I would be added to a waiting list and a few months later it happened. They were quite nice about it.
Oh really? That's cool. Maybe I'm on the waiting list and they never told me. I guess I'll just wait longer

GhaleonEB

Slightly Live said:
Who? =P

Very cool. I didn't even notice, I've just associated the names together for so long.

Tawpgun

GhaleonEB said:
Very cool. I didn't even notice, I've just associated the names together for so long.

I see people by their avatars.

That's why when you fucks switch avatars it throws everything completley off. You become another person.

Ramirez

Dax01 said:

Snarky? I was being completely serious.

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:

That's why when you fucks switch avatars it throws everything completley off. You become another person.
I'm the same, I think that's why I didn't even notice the change. People without avatars drive me nuts for that reason.

Karl2177

A27 Tawpgun said:

gaftar1.jpg
last_panel_avatar_choice_one.jpg
image.jpg

I can't even find my 2nd one. While I was searching for it, I came across a site that was collecting some of the NeoGAF avatars, and rehosting them elsewhere.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Karl2177 said:
gaftar1.jpg
last_panel_avatar_choice_one.jpg
image.jpg

I can't even find my 2nd one. While I was searching for it, I came across a site that was collecting some of the NeoGAF avatars, and rehosting them elsewhere.
I'm still not used to your new avatar. I find it amazing and bizarre that my brain is even able to remember and distinguish so many people on GAF. I read through old threads sometimes, see someone who used to post a lot, and I'm like oh yeah, that person.

Slightly Live said:
I occasionally get jokingly carded, reach for my wallet only to have the shop assistant burst out laughing.

Happened in Belfast most recently funnily enough.

Sai-kun

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
You want to slide that little Spartan head all over your body, don't you.

dax.jpg

God, I am so sad that I missed this post as it happened. :lol Amazing.

Belated happy birthday to Franklez, and hello to y'all in here, and hello to Karl's amazing new avatar. I need a new one.

Top Bottom