• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Letters said:
I think I saw some map talk earlier. Just wanted to say that The Pit > all

And I'm about to blind jump into the Firefly series bluray, I've heard its good, any fans around? (since it's scifi)
I love Firefly. Hopefully you'll enjoy it and have a greater appreciation for the ODST campaign and Nathan Fillion in general. Make sure to watch Serenity after you're done with the TV episodes.

squidhands said:
I love Firefly. Hopefully you'll enjoy it and have a greater appreciation for the ODST campaign and Nathan Fillion in general. Make sure to watch Serenity after you're done with the TV episodes.
I watched Serenity before Firefly, it was good in that order too

Tawpgun

Hypertrooper said:
You know that there is a WP7 app for HaloWaypoint? Otherwise Silverlight support should come with Mango. I had a education about WP7 and Sliverlight a few months ago.
Didn't think to use the waypoint app, good call.

Anyway, I think my general point still stands, the physics and hammer in Reach still make Reach grifball feel more grounded. A top 10 in Halo 3 would have offered more acrobatic clips. I has fun with H3 grifball. In Reach not so much. But its rocket race that disappointed me in Reach...

I'm hitting up a few of ye with friend requests. Anyone want one? :p

I'll take any amount of complaints from Halo playing people over just about the rest of the internet's complaints on Halo any day of the week. This thread is tame :p

feel

Sai-kun said:
My BF and I just started watching it a week ago! It's so awesome! The story seems a little meh but I really like all the characters. :)
senador said:
You will not be disappointment.
Until you get to the end and realize there are no more. :(
. <- Not a Firefly spoiler.
Bregmann Roche said:
I envy you and Sai. I basically watched the first 3 episodes accidentally then could not FREEKING stop watching. Your heart will be sad when you are all out of eps. to watch. Luckily Doctor Who came along to fill the sci-fi TV void.
squidhands said:
Just finished watching the first episode, holy shit I'm already a fan!!! So good. :O

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
GT: Lyphen

I'm going to try playing Reach again in full force this month, so I can feel even more relieved when the TU hits. I've been mostly going back achievement hunting and playing arcade games recently.

Retro

Hydranockz said:

GT: Retrogames. Always happy to have people to play with that aren't blithering assholes.

I too, will probably be playing a lot. Let my Live subscription lapse in February and I've kinda missed playing Reach. Check out my file share often because I tend to play in Forge more than any other part of the game.

thezerofire said:
I watched Serenity before Firefly, it was good in that order too
Same here, actually. We watched Serenity again after it was all over, though. But watching the movie first works really well too.

Glad you're digging it, Letters. So good.

Hydranockz said:

I'll take any amount of complaints from Halo playing people over just about the rest of the internet's complaints on Halo any day of the week. This thread is tame :p

I'm always up for some halo. GT: BlueThunder850

Retro said:
GT: Retrogames. Always happy to have people to play with that aren't blithering assholes.

I too, will probably be playing a lot. Let my Live subscription lapse in February and I've kinda missed playing Reach. Check out my file share often because I tend to play in Forge more than any other part of the game.

I added you as well.

Kuroyume

Banned
Plywood said:
The majority of post are complaints sprinkled with rose tinted nostalgia.

tumblr_lqg8uznYdA1qmzafk.gif

orznge

Banned
Plywood said:
The majority of post are complaints sprinkled with rose tinted nostalgia.

Yeah, the memories of people who don't complain as much are much better. Wait, they aren't. We get to hear their cool insights like "I assert things about the design of Halo CE but I literally cannot remember whether the weapon that I claim single-handedly ruined the game was hitscan or not" and "strafing is useless" and "the plasma pistol is unbalanced because of players positioning themselves badly".

orznge

Banned
These rockets sure are overpowered! I don't have any chance to turn around and kill the other player when they get the jump on me with them!!!

feel

orznge said:
Yeah, the memories of people who don't complain as much are much better. Wait, they aren't. We get to hear their cool insights like "I assert things about the design of Halo CE but I literally cannot remember whether the weapon that I claim single-handedly ruined the game was hitscan or not" and "strafing is useless" and "the plasma pistol is unbalanced because of players positioning themselves badly".
x6mv6p.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
Nah man, Halo 2 was perfect, no roses here!
zX4rS.gif

Kuroyume said:
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l527/stuffgif/tumblr_lqg8uznYdA1qmzafk.gif[/quote]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HVRLi.gif
orznge said:
I was merely making a point as to why we have an OT6.

kylej

Banned
orznge said:

sup Eazy

orznge said:
These rockets sure are overpowered! I don't have any chance to turn around and kill the other player when they get the jump on me with them!!!
Are you arguing what HaloGaf as never argued before as some kind of joke post or something? I... don't... even...

HaloSphere v2 launched on HaloCharts a while back and once again I am suuuuucked in :/

orznge

Banned
Hydranockz said:
Are you arguing what HaloGaf as never argued before as some kind of joke post or something? I... don't... even...

HaloSphere v2 launched on HaloCharts a while back and once again I am suuuuucked in :/

It was a reference to FyreWulff mentioning how his group of players frequently banned the plasma pistol from use in Halo CE because they could not turn around when he got the jump on them with it.

I assert all my opinions as so good they might as well be fact.

smug.jpg

orznge said:
It was a reference to FyreWulff mentioning how his group of players frequently banned the plasma pistol from use in Halo CE because they could not turn around when he got the jump on them with it.

Fyrewulff played with bad kids confirmed.

Plywood said:
How does this work exactly?
You just click an awful lot of things. You can equip weapons, armor, AAs, etc but each one that unlocks is seemingly better than previous ones. You have base traits you can incement when you level up and you sort of 1v1 other players and gain EXP and Skill. It's addictive, b warned :/

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
orznge said:
Lol nice one.

Edit: nevermind, just saw your post above.

Devolution said:
Fyrewulff played with bad kids confirmed.

Considering the act of picking up the controller and playing Halo automatically includes playing with yourself, yes Fyrewull has always and will always play with bad kids.

feel

kylej that gif :lol :lol :lol

and that junior can't be Eazy. Eazy would not be in favor of rockets that wipe everyone in the room they hit with minimal aiming effort required

Tashi

Got a tracking number from Sennheiser for my headset. Very fast turnaround time, I was surprised. I should get my new replacement headset early next week.

orznge

Banned
Letters said:
kylej that gif :lol :lol :lol

and that junior can't be Eazy. Eazy would not be in favor of rockets that wipe everyone in the room they hit with minimal aiming effort required

I do not know how I implied that. I was taking a jab at FyreWulff's attitude towards the CE plasma pistol.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
kylej said:
Hahahahaha, that's awesome.

What's with the sudden thread slowdown? Shit's worse than Asylum.

Good games tonight! Not with any of you, but regardless.

Edit: Firefly sucks. /controversialopinion

Booshka said:
This thread is as dead as regular Reach is gonna be when the TU hits.

I doubt it (the thread). Most of Halo GAF will still probably post here about everything and the multiplayer is still technically Reach.

Booshka

Steelyuhas said:
I doubt it (the thread). Most of Halo GAF will still probably post here about everything and the multiplayer is still technically Reach.
I meant that playlists that aren't affected by the TU are gonna be dead. I am probably wrong, because Living Dead will always be the most popular playlist. I was just joking.

Tashi

I need to alter my avatar to show my support for bloom. It will never die in my heart

(x) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) (x) <3

/dramatic lol

Living Dead wasn't the most popular playlist before...then again it never had a permanent home like it does in Reach. Can you imagine a world where Team Objective has a consistent +10,000 player population?

I think it would be interesting if they turned off kill medals and kill/death stat tracking in objective, and replaced it with a feedback system more suited to objective play. I know that the majority of the player population supposedly doesn't care about objective, but I think that Halo games put so much focus on slayer from top-to-bottom via the UI that it can detract from the experience.

Tunavi

Banned
Well one day I will look back and wish I could be this young again

I got an MIP

so lol anyone wanna get online?

Booshka

Tashi0106 said:
I need to alter my avatar to show my support for bloom. It will never die in my heart

(x) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) (x) <3

/dramatic lol
Just replace the x's with your internet speed numbers. ; )

Top Bottom