• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Farooq said:
I am going to pop in Reach right now, but last night we weren't able to play any other playlist.

Edit: I was wrong. I can search in every playlist under competitive.

I wonder what was wrong last night then? Weird.

Last night there was like half hour that the servers wouldn't connect and it kept saying "Information could not be retrieved"

That might be the answer, not sure what time you tried playing.

Who wants to get on and do that Long Night Of Solace Legendary challenge?!

The Waypoint video was great... Brought back a lot of 'memories' from the weekend. I sincerely hope they do something like this again next year. I understand the financial cost in it all is huge, but it certainly made me more passionate about Halo and 343i.

One little note is that on the questionnaire that you fill in to get the Cortana code, a bunch of the questions make it seem like they are considering doing Halo Fest again. They also hint at making it somewhat of a separate event (similar to what COD XP is or Blizzcon). I am curious, would you guys travel to go to a 3 day long all Halo event? I know I certainly would.

Tunavi

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:
I need a weapon haircut.
ghaleonEB said:
both of these made me lol.

kylej

Banned
currently running a filthy party. need one more good kid to crap on people in Squad with if possible. jelyk. thank you and god bless

feel

orznge said:
I do not know how I implied that. I was taking a jab at FyreWulff's attitude towards the CE plasma pistol.
So was this sarcasm some good old alt log-off fail? v
orznge said:
These rockets sure are overpowered! I don't have any chance to turn around and kill the other player when they get the jump on me with them!!!

blamite said:
Waypoint just posted a wrapup ViDoc of Halo Fest, including HaloGAF's own ncsuDuncan and Hypertrooper!
This is really nice.

I spotted nutter and omlet sitting in a table with 343gs and allison

"objective holding ftw" and "beli343" on the board! Plus "Halogaf was here"

hypertrooper shows up several times with the gaf shirt

Booshka said:
I meant that playlists that aren't affected by the TU are gonna be dead. I am probably wrong, because Living Dead will always be the most popular playlist. I was just joking.

Oh I see. I would hope they would be, but sadly I already know they won't.

Tunavi said:
Well one day I will look back and wish I could be this young again

I got an MIP

so lol anyone wanna get online?

That is awful bro

Letters said:
So was this sarcasm some good old alt log-off fail? v

This is really nice.

I spotted nutter and omlet sitting in a table with 343gs and allison

"objective holding ftw" and "beli343" on the board! Plus "Halogaf was here"

hypertrooper shows up several times with the gaf shirt
People will know me as the guy with the awesome shirt in the Xbox videos lol.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
http://loscuatroojos.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/tsingtao-bags.jpg

Btw, I think I'll be returning to Halo soon. I think...[/quote]
Don't get out of cryo early.

GhaleonEB

Off to mail HaloFest swag to some GAFers. I didn't do any contest or anything after the fact, just arranged to send things to a few folks during the show. I know I collected a lot of loot, and while much of it was for my kids, I was intent on sharing the Halo love a bit wider. You're both getting a bit more than you asked for, but it was all free. Thank 343. <3

Recipiants know who they are.

I have 3 pals over playing some Reach this evening. If anyone fancies taking us on (kicking our ass) at some Reach, sling me a message on live. :) We are lanning it, so no split screen.

xxjuicesxx said:
Why did you find it interesting? Its the mlg forums of course but naturally you can tell they are discussing according to the playlist they play (mlg) Where the sandbox isn't as large so the balance needed isn't as large. No bloom won't ruin that playlist much at all, in fact its probably going to be very fucking awesome.

I knew though that MLG would be all over no bloom. Those kids don't want randomness in their game. Sure bloom adds a level of skill but at too high of a price.

Some well known pros want to keep it. I thought they would have more influence on the forum kids than that.

Nutter

GhaleonEB said:
You get a notice that you are missing recommended DLC, but not required. You can play in those playlists.

From the vidoc:

nerds.png

What a bunch of nerds. Especially that dude doing the thumbs up thing. Stealth Ghaleon sighting somewhere in there. I'm in the vidoc twice but have something in front of my face both times. :lol
:(

Can barely see me...

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
Off to mail HaloFest swag to some GAFers. I didn't do any contest or anything after the fact, just arranged to send things to a few folks during the show. I know I collected a lot of loot, and while much of it was for my kids, I was intent on sharing the Halo love a bit wider. You're both getting a bit more than you asked for, but it was all free. Thank 343. <3

Recipiants know who they are.

That's cool as hell. So 343 hooked you up with some extra goodies huh? They impress me more and more. I may not agree with what they do in the future of the games but damn if they don't love the community. I'll always damn well respect he hell out of those fine folks.

TheOddOne

GhaleonEB said:
You get a notice that you are missing recommended DLC, but not required. You can play in those playlists.

From the vidoc:

nerds.png

What a bunch of nerds. Especially that dude doing the thumbs up thing. Stealth Ghaleon sighting somewhere in there. I'm in the vidoc twice but have something in front of my face both times. :lol
Che looks wasted :lol

HaloGAF, you are so awesome.

In preparation for Halo 4 can we reach a consensus on what a realistic and acceptable map count is?

Minimum for me is 12 MP and 5 firefight. One of those 12 can be a forgeworld type deal.

Can we also get a semi-regular Letters Firefly update?

GhaleonEB said:
From the vidoc:

nerds.png

LMAO! Too legit to quit.

ElRenoRaven

Bregmann Roche said:

In preparation for Halo 4 can we reach a consensus on what a realistic and acceptable map count is?

Minimum for me is 12 MP and 5 firefight. One of those 12 can be a forgeworld type deal.

You know map count has never bothered me. Even in Reach I'm ok with it because I like the forgeworld maps they made. But I think no less then 10 at the minimum. Oh and 5 firefight too. I forgot firefight. Anything more is just bonus I think.

Risen

Bregmann Roche said:

I think 16 maps that can be playable in all MP offerings (regular vs multi player, firefight, and any other wiz bang ideas 343 comes up with) sounds about right.

Bregmann Roche said:

12 MP, 0 Firefight.

feel

Bregmann Roche said:

Finished 3rd episode. Don't want to get into plot details, but I'm deeply in love with all the aspects of the show, the characters, the environments, the wardrobe, the humour, all of it. Every time I start to get disappointed because I'm already predicting where a scene is headed, I get slapped with a twist that proves me wrong and makes me smile. Very gripping, very cozy show, doesn't ask too much from me other than some space in my soul for the joy to move in. I find the visuals and the multiple contrasting styles in each episode very fascinating too.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I am in that ViDoc way too many times. Look for the dude smiling like a goofy dork. :^)
Not wearing a halogaf shirt, not worthy of a mention.

Speaking of that:
lybertyboy said:
That's just the way he looks.
As far as I know, you didn't wear the halogaf shirt for a bit like you promised.. you're forgiven as long as you make sure CEA, the TU and Halo 4 are great.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Five Firefight maps?? Yall are straight trollin', that number is way too low! I'd say 12-15 MP maps and 8 FF maps is a reasonable minimum. And c'mon, FF maps are easy since they're based off of Campaign environments.

Reach's low map count was made worse by the lack of good BTB maps at launch. The game only had like three truly fun maps at launch. I have faith that 343 won't make the same mistake with Halo 4.

orznge

Banned
Has anyone considered the possibility of terrain creation for Forge in Halo 4? I don't really have any thoughts on implementation but that would add a lot of possibilities to mapmaking.

orznge

Banned
omg.kittens said:
Reach's low map count was made worse by the lack of good BTB maps at launch. The game only had like three truly fun maps at launch. I have faith that 343 won't make the same mistake with Halo 4.

The MP maps need to be designed with the explicit purpose of "humans playing a multiplayer first person shooter on them". Some of the map design in Reach is so bizarre.

Crucio

Letters said:
Finished 3rd episode. Don't want to get into plot details, but I'm deeply in love with all the aspects of the show, the characters, the environments, the wardrobe, the humour, all of it. Every time I start to get disappointed because I'm already predicting where a scene is headed, I get slapped with a twist that proves me wrong and makes me smile. Very gripping, very cozy show, doesn't ask too much from me other than some space in my soul for the joy to move in.
This is exactly how I felt after watching Firefly. So much awesomeness. Fox can go to hell for damning it.

Be sure to watch Serenity afterwards! :)

Letters said:
Speaking of that:

As far as I know, you didn't wear the halogaf shirt for a bit like you promised.. you're forgiven as long as you make sure CEA, the TU and Halo 4 are great.
He promised me a lot that I could touch his sexy 343i Hoodie. That we would play a match against each other and he would wear the Halo GAF t-shirt. :^(
But the panels were too awesome, so that his promises are fulfilled in my eyes.

JB1981

One thing about Reach that makes it hard to go back to Halo 3 is the speed of the matchmaking. Even in playlists with a few hundred people it's super fast

Top Bottom