• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Ramirez

Ken said:
I think everyone on the West Coast is sleeping right now and school is starting up soon as well.

http://www.giantbomb.com/pax-prime-2011-welcome-to-the-halo-fest/17-4819/

So apparently those Halloween Halo costumes in the background were removed because they were pretty ugly. Is this true, to anyone who went to PAX'?

I think they were there all 3 days...

I'm going to be blunt, the store at HaloFest sucked. Aside from the grunts and the artwork, it was a mish mash of stuff already available, most of which no one would care about. Seriously, a 130 dollar cat helmet that you could actually wear? Marked down to like 90 bucks by the end because no one was buying them, lol.

I was expecting cool shirts like Bungie had at 08, instead I was met with shirts with huge graphics on them of stupid stuff like the Reach boxart, and a spartan helmet with the same art reflecting in the visor. Another random shirt with a shotgun(not even a Halo shotgun!) on it that said "Ask me about my Zombie plan", and some other lame shirts that no one wanted. The only semi cool one they had was the HaloFest shirt, and it was sold out before the end of day one. :|

I hate to sound like a negative nancy, but I came to PAX loaded with cash, wanting to give it away! If I hadn't of bought the two art pieces (which are super sweet), I would have came home with pretty much every penny I took, lol.

It sucks even more when you see 343i employees walking around in sweet 343 GS hoodies, 343i shirts, and 117 shirts. Throw us a bone at the commissary will ya?

Tashi0106 said:
Fixed.

Booshka is Risen's alt...confirmed! :p

That's pretty much what I was talking about.

Stock Zealot sucks, MLG and Arena Zealot are pretty good.

Countdown is ruined by sword and shotgun, MLG countdown plays rather well.

Tunavi

Banned
Barrow Roll said:
Will forever lol at that 21 drinking age bullshit. Such nonsense.
I turn 21 in one month...and I had a beer in my hand.

also, lol I have the best KD ratio and I get a loss on my bungie.net record. I need teammates right now haha

TheOddOne

kylej said:
funny-gifs-goatse-dive.gif
This disturbs me more.

Booshka

Tunavi said:
also, lol I have the best KD ratio and I get a loss on my bungie.net record. I need teammates right now haha
That's what happens when you are playing for k/d and not the Win. j/k but in FFA, your main focus is just slay like crazy, don't give a shit about your deaths. Unless it is close and you are trying to maintain a lead.

Tunavi

Banned
Booshka said:
That's what happens when you are playing for k/d and not the Win. j/k but in FFA, your main focus is just slay like crazy, don't give a shit about your deaths. Unless it is close and you are trying to maintain a lead.
well i'd rather hold a position and not die, rather than just rush everyone and get a kill for every death i have.

Booties

Banned
kylej said:
5:50 AM? Fly away, troll.

(come dong w/ me today Q T Pie)

I've been bartending every night this week, getting hammered, sobering up around 6am and going to sleep for work at 5pm. I can barely do anything let alone play halo. BTW happy birthday booties. can't teach size.

MrDaravon

Someone I know posted this on Facebook (check out the post Scott tagged you in urk). Apparently his brother had this custom made for him:

k0j60w.jpg

:lol

Hypertrooper said:
But... but... I want a shooter with a lot of exploration.

I dont think hes saying its not a FPS, he was just saying that in the interviews he couldnt even reveal that lol.

Im very worried about his history at Treyarch though, Halo doesnt need to have CoD influenced. :/

Can anyone render this for me?

reach_23095742_Full.jpg

So I was playing invasion with randoms, right as the match starts me and my bro mate decided to approach the base but he got killed, he decided to spawn on me but for some reason he spawned inside the game geometry...I got instantly booted.
Matchmaking is full of jerks.

Barrow Roll said:
beerbag.jpg
Here in Spain old people gave bags a new different approach, years of advantage...
59390-479.jpg

Gui_PT said:
Hypertrooper wasted the perfect chance to yell FUCKING GRENADES

I too was thinking about that as soon as I heard his voice.

Cool vidoc, it's really great to see all the enthusiasm from the fans and the 343 guys.

blamite said:
Waypoint just posted a wrapup ViDoc of Halo Fest, including HaloGAF's own ncsuDuncan and Hypertrooper!
It is already up? Damn. Sorry for my english, guys!
Such an awesome Weekend ;(

About the store: Yeah the stuff sucked! Except for the grey HaloFest t-shirt, the cap, Grunt plushie and the artwork. They should really open a 343i store. The 343i GS hoodie is so awesome.

The Real Napsta said:
I know it's just a poll on the forums but I found this interesting:

what-bloom-to-use-after-tu/
Isn't it a bit early to start a poll like this? tbh. Zero Bloom in MLG? Everyone will only use the DMR and no other weapons except the Rockets maybe.

Totally OT here but thank you Deputy Moonman for introducing me to Regular Show from that "awww yeah girl" clip you posted earlier. I ended up looking for the rest of it and caught all the episodes, it's awesome.

Striker

Hypertrooper said:
Isn't it a bit early to start a poll like this? tbh. Zero Bloom in MLG? Everyone will only use the DMR and no other weapons except the Rockets maybe.
What's so different about that than regular MLG? Always been that way.

Risen

Tashi0106 said:
Fixed.

Booshka is Risen's alt...confirmed! :p

I'm in yer mom's alt...

HiredN00bs said:
but I think that Halo games put so much focus on slayer from top-to-bottom via the UI that it can detract from the experience.

Only for bad kids.

Trasher said:
Eazy's out there......somewhere....

Trying to channel his spirit... did I do it right?

Tashi0106 said:
Got a tracking number from Sennheiser for my headset. Very fast turnaround time, I was surprised. I should get my new replacement headset early next week.

What kind of headset do you use?

FyreWulff

Farooq said:
So after a long hiatus, and little session in Halo 3, My friend and I decided to play Reach multiplayer.

To our surprise, we found every major playlist DLC required, and only have 3 playlists available for non DLC users to play.

The only two playlists in Reach that require DLC are Premium Battle and Premium Slayer.

Farooq

Banned
FyreWulff said:
The only two playlists in Reach that require DLC are Premium Battle and Premium Slayer.

That's not true. We couldn't play any playlist in competitive.

Hypertrooper said:
The only playlists that require DLC maps are Premium Slayer and Premium Battle. The other playlist just recommend you to have the DLC...

We couldn't even start matchmaking. I don't understand.

Farooq said:
So after a long hiatus, and little session in Halo 3, My friend and I decided to play Reach multiplayer.

To our surprise, we found every major playlist DLC required, and only have 3 playlists available for non DLC users to play.

While normally if a Halo game has a map pack available, it's an automatic purchase. But because I was so disappointed with how Reach played I wasn't ready to fork over money to play a game that I disliked.

In Halo 3, the first map pack was not required in every playlist, and was free after 6 months. The legendary map pack was also not required for every playlist, it wasn't until mythic came out that majority of the playlist's required DLC.

Reach has not even been out for a year, yet every playlist under competitive is DLC required. Okay that's fine, people want to play the maps they paid for on a consistent basis. I just thought it was a bit silly to only have 3 playlists available to non DLC users, considering 343 said they wanted to inject some life back into Reach.

This begs the question, will the Beta hoppers require DLC? My evaluation of how Reach plays after the TU will be the deciding factor if I am going to buy the maps or not. If they are going require me to have DLC, so that I can voice my opinion on the changes that they are trying to implement. I think that would be very unfortunate.
The only playlists that require DLC maps are Premium Slayer and Premium Battle. The other playlists just recommend you to have the DLC...

GhaleonEB

Farooq said:
That's not true. We couldn't play any playlist in competitive.
You get a notice that you are missing recommended DLC, but not required. You can play in those playlists.

From the vidoc:

nerds.png

What a bunch of nerds. Especially that dude doing the thumbs up thing. Stealth Ghaleon sighting somewhere in there. I'm in the vidoc twice but have something in front of my face both times. :lol

Hypertrooper said:

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you here. Can't see anyone bypassing the grenade launcher, that thing is a game changer in the right hands bloom or no bloom. I also doubt any MLG pro or wannabe pro will pass up the chance to prove how much of a l33t sniper they are especially with zero bloom settings supposedly increasing the skill gap (gotta archive those clips for that upcoming montage). That leaves the plasma pistol, which will still be a viable weapon at close range and of course, without bloom getting in the way of landing consistent headshots, the "noob" combo will be that much more effective. The only weapon that may be heavily impacted by the no bloom settings would be the needle rifle, in other words players might actually have a reason to pick it up and use it now.

GhaleonEB said:
You get a notice that you are missing recommended DLC, but not required. You can play in those playlists.

From the vidoc:

nerds.png

What a bunch of nerds. Especially that dude doing the thumbs up thing. Stealth Ghaleon sighting somewhere in there. I'm in the vidoc twice but have something in front of my face both times. :lol
I can nearly name everyone... Such an awesome weekend.

Farooq said:
Reach has not even been out for a year, yet every playlist under competitive is DLC required. Okay that's fine, people want to play the maps they paid for on a consistent basis. I just thought it was a bit silly to only have 3 playlists available to non DLC users, considering 343 said they wanted to inject some life back into Reach.

I don't know if I'm just misunderstanding you, but the bolded is just plain wrong. Currently, the only playlist that requires the DLC is the aptly named "DLC" type with the playlists "Premium Slayer" and "Premium Battle".

EDIT: beaten. twice.

Farooq

Banned
BlueScrote said:
I don't know if I'm just misunderstanding you, but the bolded is just plain wrong. Currently, the only playlist that requires the DLC is the aptly named "DLC" type with the playlists "Premium Slayer" and "Premium Battle".

EDIT: beaten. twice.

I am going to pop in Reach right now, but last night we weren't able to play any other playlist.

Edit: I was wrong. I can search in every playlist under competitive.

I wonder what was wrong last night then? Weird.

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:

From the vidoc:

nerds.png

I am literally just out of the frame when you see Hypertrooper and Duncan sitting in the front row in one of the shots.

You're just to the right of Wu

I think the only thing I ended up being in was the HBO breakfast group photo, and I have no idea what happened to that.

kylej

Banned
Booties said:
I've been bartending every night this week, getting hammered, sobering up around 6am and going to sleep for work at 5pm. I can barely do anything let alone play halo. BTW happy birthday booties. can't teach size.

You're a freakin graduate of an Ivy League stop bartending you scrub. Get a real job so we can shit on kids at night.

The Real Napsta said:
I know it's just a poll on the forums but I found this interesting:

what-bloom-to-use-after-tu/

Why did you find it interesting? Its the mlg forums of course but naturally you can tell they are discussing according to the playlist they play (mlg) Where the sandbox isn't as large so the balance needed isn't as large. No bloom won't ruin that playlist much at all, in fact its probably going to be very fucking awesome.

I knew though that MLG would be all over no bloom. Those kids don't want randomness in their game. Sure bloom adds a level of skill but at too high of a price.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
Stealth Ghaleon sighting somewhere in there. I'm in the vidoc twice but have something in front of my face both times. :lol
This time hidden by a ridiculous birds nest haircut :lol

Farooq said:
I am going to pop in Reach right now, but last night we weren't able to play any other playlist.

Edit: I was wrong. I can search in every playlist under competitive.

I wonder what was wrong last night then? Weird.
Are guests allowed in competitive playlists?

MrBig

Dax01 said:
Are guests allowed in competitive playlists?
Unfortunately they are allowed in almost all playlists. Some are capped to a certain amount though. You could have been over the limit but it was displaying the DLC message instead of the player count one.

Top Bottom