• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

GhaleonEB said:
I keep hearing stuff like this, but I'm about 90 pages in and just pulling my hair out.

The
Didact work up, and boy is he cranky. I have no clue what is happening, what a Didact is, what the Librarian is, where they are, what they are doing, why it's important, what a Mantle is,
who these people are, what their motivations are, nothing has any context or emotion. It's just a series of events, devoid of context and reason. It's driving me nuts. I've literally fallen asleep five or six times reading it. I feel like the author is trying to impress me with how many unexplained words he can drop, which is what is sufficing for world building so far.

The mantle/A mantle is the beliefs, the creeds, the dutys and the ideaolgy of a generation/being that is then passed downwards to the next leader or generation. If you where being serious about not knowing

GhaleonEB said:
I'm hoping for a Deus Ex-style HOLY SHIT moment where it gets great. But so far it's been a series of Important Events, with no elaboration. I've never read a book that hasn't grabbed me as long as I have this one, and it's just on the word of others that I keep doing so. But I was supposed to have passed the point where it grabs you, so who knows. I'll keep chipping away.

I didn't even know the subject matter before I read it, so I thought I'd play it safe.

What's a Didact, and what's a Librarian? I have no idea.
Keep us updated, I'm interested to see how or if your opinion changes.

Edit: good luck, Tashi.

I personally loved Cryptum, but I think Ghaleon has trouble with this:

69468h.png

My only suggestion is to power though it - if something is confusing just skip that sentence. Things start making more sense eventually and it would be a shame to miss out on the amazing content of the last few chapters.

MrBig

ncsuDuncan said:
I personally loved Cryptum, but I think Ghaleon has trouble with this:

69468h.png

My only suggestion is to power though it - if something is confusing just skip that sentence. Things start making more sense eventually and it would be a shame to miss out on the amazing content of the last few chapters.
If your name is Larry Niven this graph is inverse.

Though he does provide a glossary in the book.

kylej

Banned
As much as I respect Ryanoob and aPG, I want big man Yhslaw to run train this event. Throw Ninja in your backpack and lets go old man.

edit. Gandhi talking about sportsmanship. lol

Tough luck for TP. Infamous is like running into a brick wall for the first round.

Blinding

kylej said:
Tough luck for TP. Infamous is like running into a brick wall for the first round.

Nah, Infamous isn't unbeatable, it was silly things that cost TP, especially during the swing game (Oasis King,) they just kept rushing the green hill directly instead of getting red/blue plat control then sending someone for hill. They'll bounce back though.

GhaleonEB said:
I didn't even know the subject matter before I read it, so I thought I'd play it safe.

What's a Didact, and what's a Librarian? I have no idea.
They're just names, Ghaleon. Though the Librarian's name does describe something about her job: indexing species.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Keep on eye on main stage. Im all the way in the back, on the right. Campus Safety jerseys. Im the really big guy.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Homeboyd said:
I'm 13% positive I mentioned something along these lines on the last page...

...and was shot the hell down.

Don't worry about being shot down by people without ammo.

Havok

Having to go manually delete cookies and cache files for Live Passport related sites to get them to load literally every time I try to visit Xbox.com totally sucks. :/

Edit:
Maw Legendary with 1+ mins remaining
might be a rough one. Can't remember what the difficulty gives you.

Huh, wow.

The Not Using A Warthog on Halo is not what I consider good Achievement Design. At the least it should set to secret on the disk to prevent people form doing it the first time through.

Sai-kun

Banned
UNGH ACHIEVEMENTS

fap

Awesome list. Looks like Heroic for my first playthrough, co-op of course, and then solo legendary :D

Can't wait!

bPgHh.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the achievement names are hilarious. And some of them look really hard!

popcorn.gif = lol

Complete the Warthog ride on the level “The Maw” on Legendary difficulty with at least a minute remaining on the countdown. I can barely beat the run without rage quitting, let alone with a minute left on the clock.

This one should be hard, too:

After activating the map in the level “The Silent Cartographer,” complete the rest of your mission without firing a shot on Heroic difficulty or above.

Seeming as you're here David, can I ask if there will be more achievements for reach in relation the new maps? Or is that it for reach?

Also shishka did a good job on those!

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
ElzarTheBam said:
Seeming as you're here David, can I ask if there will be more achievements for reach in relation the new maps? Or is that it for reach?

Also shishka did a good job on those!

You'll notice that there are not mp achievements in the list we released today. There is a reason for this.

And yes, I love these achievements.

Top Bottom