• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Falagard

wwm0nkey said:
Yep, people pull off crazy stuff in that game.

Though I think Forza has an picture import option?

Nope, there is no import option. It's all done with the livery editor using basic shapes.

Karl2177

PsychoRaven said:
Um you know that he's making a comment on how he can't see a thing. At that time he's turning his night vision on and telling you to do the same.
I'm not even an English major, and I'm saying it was a poorly constructed bit of dialogue. "It's too dark to see. Turn on night vision, Noble" would have been infinitely better and I came up with that as I typed it.

Gabotron ES said:
Rocket CTF on Action Sack. BELI343.
That shit is pretty bad too.

TheOddOne

omg.kittens said:
Holy shit.

The only thing I don't like is that the H in Halo is obscured by Chief's pistol, but otherwise: holy shit.
The design was free too! You gotta see the dude/dudette Mass Effect work, you shall shit ya pants.

feel

TheOddOne said:
I think their was also another producer from Turn 10 that jumped ship to 343i, also Che.

This game dude.

This game.
Microsoft store screwed up my Limited edition preorder (which is actually Limited and hard to find at reasonable prices). For fucks sakes it's the Microsoft store how can't they fulfill the preorders they receive?

Now I'm waiting on my order of a normal Forza4 + Speed Wheel from Amazon.

Hydranockz said:
What a name.
Indeed. And she has this mean look to go with it. :lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
TheOddOne said:
The design was free too! You gotta see the dude/dudette Mass Effect work, you shall shit ya pants.
That's awesome. I'm not really into racing games anymore, but that's still damn impressive.

Edit: I just looked up "car in show room" on Google to compare IRL pics to that Forza pic, and look at the poster in the background of this photo.
onwmf.gif

Letters said:
Microsoft store screwed up my Limited edition preorder (which is actually Limited and hard to find at reasonable prices). For fucks sakes it's the Microsoft store how can't they fulfill the preorders they receive?

LoL

TheOddOne

Letters said:

I was on the hunt for the Limited Edition too today and its all sold out in all the stores I visited. Even the regular place I got that always has those edtions in stock didn't have them. Caved in and bought the vanilla Forza 4 :|

If Hang 'em High is not a new Forge World I will punch some kittens, those Forge pieces textures are really sexy looking.
No more crappy looking green, blue and grey maps. NEVER AGAIN!

feel

xxjuicesxx said:
I know I know, but it's true as of now around launch. Dunno about B&M stores but online even amazon is struggling to get a few in to sell.

BTW I recommend the Forza 4 photo thread. Some insane stuff being posted there.

Homeboyd

Gabotron ES said:
If Hang 'em High is not a new Forge World I will punch some kittens, those Forge pieces textures are really sexy looking.
No more crappy looking green, blue and grey maps. NEVER AGAIN!
Devo, inbound.

Omgkittens, inbound.

Lolz, landed.

wwm0nkey said:
What happened to Devo, havent seen her post in awhile.
Don't worry, Hypertrooper still has 250 posts to go before he catches up to her.

If she hasn't posted before then we can call 911 and send out a search party.

Thagomizer said:
Devo's a girl? Somehow that information completely bypassed me.

The beard throws a lot of people off. It's just cats though.

wwm0nkey said:
dammit now its like they are new people D:
I already miss Milhouse/Wolverine :(

Also, after analysing Anniversary's E3 trailer and some Hang 'em High images I have noticed some neat details.

Yfw you noticed those tombstones/pillars are indeed transparent, pretty much like forge pieces. Speculation time!

Striker

thee henery said:
As for Sandtrap, far too big for the BR's spread, a carnival of misery for Team Snipers, boring laserfest, horrific for Heavies.
I thought it was poor for everything - flag, slayer, you name it. Spawns were all over the place, so you could have an enemy die, and bam, he and whoever else died on their team can and will spawn behind you despite you may have not moved one inch from your first initial spawn.

The elephants caused for some boring strategic shit with pushing them into the sand dunes, which made them hard to attack when they're lined up in a 45 degree angle. And the lasers destroyed any ounce of vehicle fun. Also, I think they placed three bubble shields in a close proximity of each other. There were one a piece at the Brute Shot areas on the small platforms, and then they had one right by the Rocket Launcher spawn. Far, far too much equipment. Terrible all around.

Risen

xxjuicesxx said:
Has anyone heard from Tashi. Is he still donging?

I don't think he's played the first game yet... Pool play starts after 5:30 eastern sometime. Early open bracket rounds will be around the same time if not later.

ncsuDuncan said:
Don't worry, Hypertrooper still has 250 posts to go before he catches up to her.

If she hasn't posted before then we can call 911 and send out a search party.

The beard throws a lot of people off. It's just cats though.
Yeah. She is still 1.44 Hypers ahead of me. (Otherwise she wasn't online since 10.10.11)

Risen

Tashi says he's warming up now. They haven't received match-ups yet. (probably won't until after the official open at 5:00. Pool play will start and match-ups will be called out for the open bracket.

He said they are getting to play full screen instead of split... which is crazy awesome. Must be fewer people competing these days?

Risen said:
Tashi says he's warming up now. They haven't received match-ups yet. (probably won't until after the official open at 5:00. Pool play will start and match-ups will be called out for the open bracket.

He said they are getting to play full screen instead of split... which is crazy awesome. Must be fewer people competing these days?

Hope he does well. Wish we could watch it and root for him

Slightly Live said:
My jaw hit the floor. Hard to believe the old 360 can do that.

Its amazing looking no doubt, but this isnt 100% in game, its running on the "home" mode. In game shots look great but this has better lighting and AA. still the models are stunning.

Got it 2 days ago and havnt been able to put it down.

Double post cause im a legend ^.

Karl2177 said:
That mission was just filled with terrible dialogue.

"I can't see a thing. Noble 6 turn on your night vision." - Carter

So by me turning on my night vision, you are going to see better? Right.
If you turn on your nightvision before you trigger the line it just skips.

Thagomizer said:
Emile is well acted; too bad the character himself sucks.
It's a cacophony of poor choices with most of Noble Team in terms of voice acting.
ElzarTheBam said:
I can look past that, what I can't look past is the shitty voice acting when it is announced that 'the covenant are on reach'. Just terrible.
Indeed, it's like it was no big deal that an alien invasion was happening to the singlemost important military installation in human existence. Maybe the guy was on Valium or something...

GhaleonEB

Domino Theory said:
Chapter 34 of Halo: Cryptum, holy shit.
I keep hearing stuff like this, but I'm about 90 pages in and just pulling my hair out.

The
Didact work up, and boy is he cranky. I have no clue what is happening, what a Didact is, what the Librarian is, where they are, what they are doing, why it's important, what a Mantle is,
who these people are, what their motivations are, nothing has any context or emotion. It's just a series of events, devoid of context and reason. It's driving me nuts. I've literally fallen asleep five or six times reading it. I feel like the author is trying to impress me with how many unexplained words he can drop, which is what is sufficing for world building so far.

GhaleonEB said:
I keep hearing stuff like this, but I'm about 90 pages in and just pulling my hair out.

The
Didact work up, and boy is he cranky. I have no clue what is happening, what a Didact is, what the Librarian is, where they are, what they are doing, why it's important, what a Mantle is,
who these people are, what their motivations are, nothing has any context or emotion. It's just a series of events, devoid of context and reason. It's driving me nuts. I've literally fallen asleep five or six times reading it. I feel like the author is trying to impress me with how many unexplained words he can drop, which is what is sufficing for world building so far.
Now there is a good reason to play Halo 3 and watch the Terminals again. :) And yeah I agree with the use of words.

Homeboyd

Letters said:
Nope, no megaton inbound, 343 guys are all old, lazy and cranky, they use 100ppp.
But... Then there will never be a page 343.

And that... Well that is unsatisfactory. I will not stand for it.

GhaleonEB said:

The
This is exactly what the H3 terminals were for me. Obviously important, but I'll be damned if they couldn't keep me interested in knowing more. It took fans of the series to pique my interest, but after your comments I'll most likely be skipping any more Halo novels.

Sai-kun

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

The

Some of the things I was pretty confused about, and I don't know if every single term is ever laid out, but at least from I recall, you get a general sense of what things are and what's going on as you keep going.

I don't think any of what I wrote is a spoiler? :O

GhaleonEB

squidhands said:
This is exactly what the H3 terminals were for me. Obviously important, but I'll be damned if they couldn't keep me interested in knowing more. It took fans of the series to pique my interest, but after your comments I'll most likely be skipping any more Halo novels.
I'm hoping for a Deus Ex-style HOLY SHIT moment where it gets great. But so far it's been a series of Important Events, with no elaboration. I've never read a book that hasn't grabbed me as long as I have this one, and it's just on the word of others that I keep doing so. But I was supposed to have passed the point where it grabs you, so who knows. I'll keep chipping away.
Sai-kun said:
Some of the things I was pretty confused about, and I don't know if every single term is ever laid out, but at least from I recall, you get a general sense of what things are and what's going on as you keep going.

I don't think any of what I wrote is a spoiler? :O
I didn't even know the subject matter before I read it, so I thought I'd play it safe.

What's a Didact, and what's a Librarian? I have no idea.

Risen

StalkerUKCG said:
Hope he does well. Wish we could watch it and root for him

I think they'll do well... micallus is very talented, emergency is a good team player, flashback is a good slayer, and tashi runs around like a chicken with his head cut off - they mix well... and they have a good seed.

He said they won all 4 of their warm up games with random teams at the practice stations... I think they'll move through some rounds.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:

The
Whoa, someone finally has the same impression of Cryptum as me! I couldn't maintain enough interest to wade through all the unexplained and under-explained elements. I'll just read the summaries online, and leave the Forerunner books alone.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm hoping for a Deus Ex-style HOLY SHIT moment where it gets great. But so far it's been a series of Important Events, with no elaboration. I've never read a book that hasn't grabbed me as long as I have this one, and it's just on the word of others that I keep doing so. But I was supposed to have passed the point where it grabs you, so who knows. I'll keep chipping away.

I didn't even know the subject matter before I read it, so I thought I'd play it safe.

What's a Didact, and what's a Librarian? I have no idea.
Btw. Didact and Librarian are names. So Who's the Didact and Who's the Librarian is the right question. :^)

Top Bottom