• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

FyreWulff

Halofest was pretty much Bungiefest - 95% of the content on the floor was Bungie created directly in some form. The only non-Bungie thing there was Halo Wars and the Forza display. Even the maps being demo'd early to the public were all Bungie maps.

ElRenoRaven

ncsuDuncan said:
Hitmonchan, I typed out a big response but I think Ghaleon covered most of it. I do want to mention these points though:

@bungietweets is still pretty active, as are the accounts of many Bungie employees. They just can't really engage the Halo community right now like 343 employees can. (And yes, David, Veronica, Frank, Jessica, Dan, Alison, et al. are doing a fantastic job.)

This I disagree with. The cheers before and after the "Bungie: Hatching the Cosmic Halo Egg" panel at PAX were deafening.

The Marty Army begs to differ. Bungie had fans before Halo, the studio has a unique culture that fosters loyalty. They'll be fine.

I think you and Ghal covered it nicely. Bungie had a ton of fans long before Halo. To say they created a fanbase because of Halo and around it is just wrong. Did they gain more? Yes. But they had a ton of fans a hell of a long time before Halo and guess what. They'll be there a hell of a long time after Halo along with new ones that the gained thanks to their creation of Halo.

I hate this wait as much as anyone but we have to be patient. Bungie is in a quiet time. One that we haven't seen for a long time. When they can and do reveal their new IP Bungie.net and the fans will come out of hibernation.

Havok

Gabotron ES said:
And we still don't know anything about the Hang 'em High remake, show me your secrets!
There's gotta be a reason for this, right? I mean...it's been so willfully passed over for so long, something's gotta be up.

Or maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment.
Devolution said:
I can search alone but not with others. Trolled to the max.
We've been getting weird network errors all week too. I wonder if there's a serverside issue.

feel

Fuckin sawnoff shotty in gears pisses me off so much, ragequit earlier and have been playing the last bastion of decent online console gaming as
far as my tastes are concerned, Halo 3.
Doing horrible, but loving it. Can Halo 4 please be a very improved (not radically changed) version of this awesomeness I've been loving since halo 2 came out??

Please 343i, please... :(

edit-

Halo 3 loves me too lol

2e2q7gi.jpg

Homeboyd

Devolution said:
3 people on the opposite team (which is full) have brackets. Being trolled confirmed.

Fuck this no more playing for me tonight.

Just wow I couldn't be more pissed off. Finally get to play, can't join with friends and I get this bullshit. Fucking really?
Yeah I tried to join up.. No luck. I even tried to check your party to see if I could get in through someone else... Game wasn't having any part of it.

: /

Homeboyd said:
Yeah I tried to join up.. No luck. I even tried to check your party to see if I could get in through someone else... Game wasn't having any part of it.

: /

I shouldn't even be this upset but it's like, really the game has to pull this shit when I can play with people and on a guilt free night for me? Just not cool.

Photolysis said:
Question regarding "Leave It Where It Lay" achievement, if someone would be so kind.

Does that mean you're not allowed to pick up a new plasma pistol to replenish the one you start the level with? Or simply that you're not allowed to change weapons from the Shotgun/PP combo?
I'd like to know this too.

Ramirez

The main thing I want addressed for Halo 4 is quitters. I'd take bots as replacements, just so the game will end quickly, looking around a map for 2 guy is beyond boring.

Ramirez said:
The main thing I want addressed for Halo 4 is quitters. I'd take bots as replacements, just so the game will end quickly, looking around a map for 2 guy is beyond boring.

I wanted to quit the game I got tonight but I didn't, halo honor? Lopsided games just make for more quitting than anything else honestly. That and stupid ass gametypes that people vote for because they're red team on a given map. Ugh.

senador

Banned
Devolution said:
I want to play.

>Matchmaking aborted due to networking difficulties.

Oh wow.

I got this a bunch the other night too. I couldn't figure out what the issue was so I just gave up and haven't tried again. :(

I hadn't ever seen it before, and I got it right after getting the recent Xbox update.

PNut

Banned
Ramirez said:

Me too. Why not just add a forfeit option that still takes away a significant amount of EXP, Credits, rank or whatever if you choose to use the option. Make it substantial and only a last option. After that the winning team can choose to back out with no penalty.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Glasslands comes out tomorrow, right? I think I'm gonna pick it up.

Edit: Ohhhh, I thought it was the 15th. :-(

Lazslo

Slightly Live said:
Bungie's silence is deafening. They don't need to keep fans "going" until their next big announcement. A soon as they are ready, the world and every fan will be paying attention.
You don't think it's weird that Bungie, a studio known more for their outReach to their community, has been incredibly silent for the past couple months? I guess it makes sense if they are purposely going dark for a little bit in-between projects, but it's a different path for Bungie to take. It kinda sucks, I wanna read pointless video game developer bullshit on a Friday night again. Hitmon is spot on with everything he said about it.

stephen08

Lazslo said:
You don't think it's weird that Bungie, a studio known more for their outReach to their community, has been incredibly silent for the past couple months? I guess it makes sense if they are purposely going dark for a little bit in-between projects, but it's a different path for Bungie to take. It kinda sucks, I wanna read pointless video game developer bullshit on a Friday night again. Hitmon is spot on with everything he said about it.

I think it's done to separate themselves from the Halo brand. If they were to keep the community updated it would likely be either a pitiful amount of content being released due to being dark and not mentioning Halo or mixed-messages with Halo stuff permeating in to the updates despite them not working on it.

I am getting eager to see what both Bungie and 343 have been working on. While we know a fair bit about Anniversary, it's a Bungie game remade by Saber with maps that Bungie designed (primarily) being brought back by Certain Affinity.

343 proper is no doubt hard at work on Halo 4 and I can't wait to see what changes they incorporate. Bungie's project sounds very intriguing based on all of the info we have heard about it (whether it's accurate or not).

GhaleonEB

Tunavi said:
Enjoying my break from Reach. Shadow complex is so good. Portal 2 is incredible. Crysis currently downloading now.
Ayup. Glad to see lots of people discovering it as of late. It was worth it at full price, but it's a freaking steal at the current one.

On a totally random note, everyone needs to buy Defense Grid. Because I want a sequel, dammit. :(

Tunavi

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Ayup. Glad to see lots of people discovering it as of late. It was worth it at full price, but it's a freaking steal at the current one.
Using the flashlight in the tunnels is my favorite part about the game lol, also I'm playing on Insane mode and you die really really quickly

Havok said:
There's gotta be a reason for this, right? I mean...it's been so willfully passed over for so long, something's gotta be up.

Or maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment.
Exactly, I mean, Anniversary's Headlong remake was the big surprise and was the last one to be officially revealed.
We still don't know shit about Hang 'em High, weird. Today might be a really good day.

omg.kittens said:
Glasslands comes out tomorrow, right? I think I'm gonna pick it up.

Edit: Ohhhh, I thought it was the 15th. :-(
Dammit, either I pay nothing and get Lord of Souls, Glasslands and Primordium delivered only when Primordium comes out, or I pay almost double to get 'em all on time. Goddammit Amazon.

Dax01 said:
I don't get it. What's wrong with people
going through Halo on-foot the first time? Halo's sandbox can be played both ways.

A lot of the achievements seem really cool, but I do have some issues with some of them, like:
Complete The Library on Legendary in 31 minutes? How are you suppose to do that?! D:

I agree. To me it seems that achievment list is focusing on hard rather than fun. The achievment for using the Banshee is a good achievement because people may not have known about it and it will encourage them to explore that mission in a different way. Its a shame thats one of very few fun exploration achievements on the list.

Hell I would have taken achievements which highlighted the better most stand out parts of the game than that list. Not a fan of those achievments, but luckily cheevo's dont really mean much in the grand scheme of things. Seriously though, we should have had an achievment for hog jumping or finding eggs rather than achievments for grinding the library. eww

Also time based achievments in Halo are sort of going against what Halos good for. Really you want people to take theyre time and explore, not run through. I know I can do multiple runs but really im just suprised that achievment list is getting so much love on here when it goes against Halo's sandbox.

bobs99 ... said:
I agree that achievment list is focusing on hard rather than fun. The achievment for using the Banshee on coatr is a good achievement because people may not have known about it and it will encourage them to explore that mission in a different way. Its a shame thats one of very few fun exploration achievements on the list.

Hell I would have taken achievements which highlighted the better most stand out parts of the game than that list. Not a fan of those achievments, but luckily cheevo's dont really mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Seriously though, we should have had an achievment for hog jumping or finding eggs rather than achievments for grinding the library. eww

Also time based achievments in Halo are sort of going against what Halos good for. Really you want people to take theyre time and explore, not run through. I know I can do multiple runs but really im just suprised that achievment list is getting so much love on here when it goes against Halo's sandbox.
It would be awesome, if Microsoft allow 343i to add some achievements without a DLC.

bobs99 ... said:
I agree. To me it seems that achievment list is focusing on hard rather than fun. The achievment for using the Banshee is a good achievement because people may not have known about it and it will encourage them to explore that mission in a different way. Its a shame thats one of very few fun exploration achievements on the list.

Hell I would have taken achievements which highlighted the better most stand out parts of the game than that list. Not a fan of those achievments, but luckily cheevo's dont really mean much in the grand scheme of things. Seriously though, we should have had an achievment for hog jumping or finding eggs rather than achievments for grinding the library. eww

Maybe we do? I mean there not on there explicitly, but think about the skulls, and think where they could be hidden, for example a skull on top of silent cartographer? The only way to get that would be to hog jump?
I mean I could be wrong, I hope I am not. Hopefully they put skulls where the Easter eggs used to be, or put skulls in places where we have to utilise the tricks we have learnt in the original.

ElzarTheBam said:
Maybe we do? I mean there not on there explicitly, but think about the skulls, and think where they could be hidden, for example a skull on top of silent cartographer? The only way to get that would be to hog jump?
I mean I could be wrong, I hope I am not. Hopefully they put skulls where the Easter eggs used to be, or put skulls in places where we have to utilise the tricks we have learnt in the original.

Very good point! Hmm that does change my perspective on things slightly.

Top Bottom