• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Blinding

The Real Napsta said:
ou605y.jpg

Next they play Color of Honor

Nope, they're slow on updating the open bracket, they actually just played Color of Honor and won (I think 2-1, not sure though,) now they move on to Round 5 where they play Shaded.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We just beat them Napsta, 2-0. Now it gets real tough. All the teams from here on out are higher seeds. Gotta play our hardest.

Also, congrats on going gold. To make it even sweeter, lol, it's Tsquared birthday. Hahahaha. Gonna try to find where his birthday party is at tonight lol.

Hydranockz said:
Hey 343, in splitscreen, if I was to press the back button, would both my screen and my brother's screen switch?
From what I've heard, yes.

I don't think you have to be using the same visuals in online co-op though.

kylej

Banned
So what's the CE framerate now that it's gold? Locked 30? Please no Not Enough Resources™ Love, Bungie™ nonsense, I need that game to be smooth as silk.

give em the D, Tash.

lybertyboy said:
We're doing a European tour to show off the game next week. The Anniversary copies are either staying in a lockbox of some sort, or I'm going to make DennIs keep them on his "person" when not in the test kits.
Can he resist the finest the French have to offer? I think not.

Congrats on going Gold. Glad I predicted that it would be the third week of October correctly.

Tashi0106 said:
We lost. I suck
Oy! None of that now sir! You did awesomely.

KevinRo

Tashi0106 said:
We lost. I suck

First event? It gets easier the more events and you get use to it. Furthest I was netted me only 3 points. Don't worry about it. Everyone knows how you feel right now lol

Yesterday: 2500 credits / I need some ammo: Beat a campaign mission with famine skull on. Heroic +
Today: 2000 credits / Sronger Harder: Beat a campaign mission with famile tough luck and thunderstorm on. Heroic+

Challenge system still has some kinks in it.

LBR5 is not bad for first event Tashi. Practice a lot more and you could get to the end or make it into the real bracket. I just noticed sometimes your streams are like an hour or two long, thats not really enough.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks guys.

And I just found out I could save money by driving to Providence instead of flying. Thinking about doing it. Gotta work out the financials.

Also, fuck Countdown Slayer. Wow, fuck that gametype.

So many what ifs running through my mind right now but I'm pround of our performance. We played hard and lost to good kids with higher seeds. Each loss was super close and could have gone either way.

Woorloog

Banned
kylej said:
So what's the CE framerate now that it's gold? Locked 30? Please no Not Enough Resources™ Love, Bungie™ nonsense, I need that game to be smooth as silk.
Did Bungie really claim "not enough resources" about Reach framerate drops?

Does anyone have advice for improving a map's frame rate? I'm working on my crazy 1-flag Breakpoint variant and I can't pin down the exact problem.

MrBig

Dax01 said:
Did someone make a new thread for the Anniversary achievements?
Don't think there's ever been a thread for achievements. Not really worthy of one.

ncsuDuncan said:
Does anyone have advice for improving a map's frame rate? I'm working on my crazy 1-flag Breakpoint variant and I can't pin down the exact problem.
Avoid objects that have real-time shadows, which Breakpoint has a lot of iirc. Definitely don't have more than 3 or 4 visible within range on screen at once.

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:

Depends. Does it only happen in Forge, or in single-screen in the actual gametype?

Usually I go down the list:

1) Object count reduction
2) Maximize objects occluding other objects from main throughways
3) Check for and eliminate Z-fighting (will drop framerate)

Forge is more intensive since it's rendering all the editor objects.

feel

Congrats on going Gold David, Frank and rest of the crew.

Can Halogaf get boxart inserts autographed by you guys (343 gaffers) after release?

Ken

Gabotron ES said:
Halo Anniversary reveal: 343's new Forge World, now with less grey and fucking trees!

I'm surprised they haven't made a Lego/Mega Blok's set called "Forge World" yet.

lybertyboy said:
BTW, are there any HaloGaf folks near London, Madrid, Milan or Paris? Don't go and get too excited I'm just curious.

Near enough. Come show the UK some love!

Well done on your tourney Tashi. That's completely respectable for a first run.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
A27_StarWolf said:
I don't know if it's possible... but I think it would be really cool if 343 included some of the upcoming viddoc's regarding HCEA on the game disk.

It was discussed, but there wasn't enough disc space.

MrBig said:
That's what the waypoint option built into the main menu is for
I forgot this, that's a really good feature.
darthbob said:
I hope Waypoint integration will be smoother than Reach.

I can see why it wouldn't be able to, but still.
Lol, don't even call that "Waypoint integration", such a joke.

Homeboyd

Hypertrooper said:
Wow at IGoTurPistola and Orge 2. Damn. Instinct want revenge for the last time.
Is that pistola's GT? If so, I played a game with him last night. We got matched against a team of inheritor objective holders... He (and everyone else on my team) quit.

I was.. the last man standing.

Except, I wasnt standing much.

Damn. The moderation is really boring. Why did Puckett have to leave?

Homeboyd said:
Is that pistola's GT? If so, I played a game with him last night. We got matched against a team of inheritor objective holders... He (and everyone else on my team) quit.

I was.. the last man standing.

Except, I wasnt standing much.
It's the tag, he is using in MLG ProCircuit. Otherwise I don't think that he played Reach last night, when he is in Orlando at the MLG event.

Gabotron ES said:
David, when can we expect more info regarding Anniversary's european tour?
It isn't a public tour I think. Planned for Press. But I ain't sure.

Edit.: I hope 343i managed to get that 2nd Kinect feature working. I really want to use my Kinect again. :^) If not, I hope we will find out, what they planned.

Homeboyd

Hypertrooper said:
Damn. The moderation is really boring. Why did Puckett have to leave?

It's the tag, he is using in MLG ProCircuit. Otherwise I don't think that he played Reach last night, when he is in Orlando at the MLG event.
Yeah I can't tell you whether or not I would think he would do that or not... Just that that tag was in my game.

Edit: Nvm, I had a "your" instead of "ur" in my game.

Top Bottom