• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

wwm0nkey

bobs99 ... said:
Technically the Atlas thing is the coolest thing ever. I am in awe of the guys that built it.

But please dont use it on Halo, use it on some other game. Even though it only shows teammates theres going to be a layer of awareness thats going to go out of the window. It will be a gamechanger being able to see a top down view of where your team is on the map. Something that would require pretty hefty communication will now be done for you.

Not a fan at all. Oddly enough if it was part of another game I would be SO desperate to try it out, with Halo im just worried in terms of what its going to do to the gameplay.

As for custom challenges, the CR payout is calculated by the app itself?
I honestly see ATLAS as a step in the right direction for gaming, well not really ATLAS persay but an extra screen+controller.

It offers a new level to games that wasnt previously there, Nintendo has the right idea on their new controller and Im hoping all these companion apps are a hint that Microsoft is planing something similar.

Also I will be 100% honest here, I hope callouts and timing weapon spawns go the way of the dinosaur. This helps give a tactical advantage to everyone not just the few people who actually spent a lot of time learning callouts and respawn times.

Striker

Hopefully the Classic playlist for Hang 'em High and others have a great deal of good objective gametypes.

And by good objective gametypes, I don't mean Flag Slayer, 3 Flag, Speedflag, and Hot Potato.

wwm0nkey said:
I honestly see ATLAS as a step in the right direction for gaming, well not really ATLAS persay but an extra screen+controller.

It offers a new level to games that wasnt previously there, Nintendo has the right idea on their new controller and Im hoping all these companion aps are a hint that Microsoft is planing something similar.

Also I will be 100% honest here, I hope callouts and timing weapon spawns go the way of the dinosaur. This helps give a tactical advantage to everyone not just the few people who actually spent a lot of time learning callouts and respawn times.

I think its really cool and would be amazing in most games, im just worried how it will affect the Halo gameplay. I dont just mean callouts and respawn times. (But I would miss those) Having a top down tactical view of the map just takes a lot of the situational awareness out of the equation. Even with callouts you dont know where teammates are 24/7, if you see a teamate drop off the map then you know EXACTLY where they died, it wont be vague as it would with a callout, you wont have to carefully go into the area, you will know exactly where. It takes some of the ancilliary skill out of the game and it feels awesome when you pull something off with good situational awareness as opposed to just going in and knowing where to shoot.

Its also interesting that stats are streamed online as the game is ongoing, wouldnt that potentially cause lag? I suppose not if thats how its always been done?

Generally I think the ATLAS thing is a really cool idea but I dont like the idea of it on Halo. If a weapon suddently blips off the map you know a enemy has grabbed it? Its that kind of thing which I think should come down to player awareness and not super radars.

wwm0nkey

bobs99 ... said:
I think its really cool and would be amazing in most games, im just worried how it will affect the Halo gameplay. I dont just mean callouts and respawn times. (But I would miss those) Having a top down tactical view of the map just takes a lot of the situational awareness out of the equation. Even with callouts you dont know where teammates are 24/7, if you see a teamate drop off the map then you know EXACTLY where they died, it wont be vague as it would with a callout, you wont have to carefully go into the area, you will know exactly where. It takes some of the ancilliary skill out of the game and it feels awesome when you pull something off with good situational awareness as opposed to just going in and knowing where to shoot.

Its also interesting that stats are streamed online as the game is ongoing, wouldnt that potentially cause lag? I suppose not if thats how its always been done?

Generally I think the ATLAS thing is a really cool idea but I dont like the idea of it on Halo. If a weapon suddently blips off the map you know a enemy has grabbed it? Its that kind of thing which I think should come down to player awareness and not super radars.
Ummm we get a giant red X on where your team died, wouldnt effect Halo too much.

EDIT: Also I think I will start working on a controller mod where I can attach my WP7 to the bottom of my controller, have a few controller cases lying around so might as well try for the hell of it.

wwm0nkey said:
Ummm we get a giant red X on where your team died, wouldnt effect Halo too much.

EDIT: Also I think I will start working on a controller mod where I can attach my WP7 to the bottom of my controller, have a few controller cases lying around so might as well try for the hell of it.

I dont remember that x being very specific. I havent played Reach in quite a while though!

Meh I just think theres a certain amount of satisfaction that comes from mentally keeping tabs on things, rather than having an app for that. I will say that on CoD its SO easy to predict the enemy spawns and movement considering the radar gives you your teammates positions.

Hyper, the only 'hate' for the feature is the exclusive nature of it. I think many fear this is Microsoft testing the waters before Halo 4.

It's starkly similar to having DLC on the disc that we won't be able to access until we spend more money on it. It's not a good thing for us, the consumers/fans.

Hydranockz said:
Hyper, the only 'hate' for the feature is the exclusive nature of it. I think many fear this is Microsoft testing the waters before Halo 4.

It's starkly similar to having DLC on the disc that we won't be able to access until we spend more money on it. It's not a good thing for us, the consumers/fans.

As bad as it is, we aren't actually missing out on anything we cant view on Youtube. Im quite thankful that there isnt gameplay related to the Kinnect features. I am worried that Halo 4 will put gameplay features behind hardware such as Windows phones/ Kinnect. That would really suck. I dont care how its spun Windows Phone Users will have a advantage when it comes to gameplay with Reach. If your going to add features to multiplayer then you need to ensure the whole fanbase has access to the hardware, otherwise you are going down the very cheeky route of giving customers who pay more an in game advantage,. I think thats the scarier precedent here.

What would people say about the ATLAS feature if it was a 800MS point add on directly into the game? Personally I wouldnt like it even if it was a free addon for everyone, but I would be livid if people could pay to have an advantage. (Which is kind of what is happening in a round about way. )

bobs99 ... said:
As for custom challenges, the CR payout is calculated by the app itself?
Would be awful if the player did it. Get one kill = 2300cR. lol

The problem I have with custom challenge is, that you can only make custom challenges for 7 people. Imo it would be cool, if one of us did a weekly and the dailies for a week. And the next week another HaloGAFfer is doing it. etc.

bobs99 ... said:
As bad as it is, we aren't actually missing out on anything we cant view on Youtube. Im quite thankful that there isnt gameplay related to the Kinnect features. I am worried that Halo 4 will put gameplay features behind hardware such as Windows phones/ Kinnect. That would really suck. I dont care how its spun Windows Phone Users will have a advantage when it comes to gameplay with Reach.
I dunno. Would you have wanted the audiologs in ODST available only if you had Kinect? It's not gameplay sure, but there was the good feeling of finding them yourself or with the help of some guide.

I buy a 360 game that doesn't require Kinect, I should expect to be able to play that game fully. I can't see that happening in the future MS/343 titles to be quite honest.

Like I said, it's just a stepping stone. This isn't seriously a once-off feature for the Kinect audience of the Halo franchise.

Hypertrooper said:
Would be awful if the player did it. Get one kill = 2300cR. lol

The problem I have with custom challenge is, that you can only make custom challenges for 7 people. Imo it would be cool, if one of us did a weekly and the dailies for a week. And the next week another HaloGAFfer is doing it. etc.
That would be amazing, we could have HaloGAF related custom challenges.

Hydranockz said:
I dunno. Would you have wanted the audiologs in ODST available only if you had Kinect? It's not gameplay sure, but there was the good feeling of finding them yourself or with the help of some guide.

I buy a 360 game that doesn't require Kinect, I should expect to be able to play that game fully. I can't see that happening in the future MS/343 titles to be quite honest.

Like I said, it's just a stepping stone. This isn't seriously a once-off feature for the Kinect audience of the Halo franchise.

I hope my post didnt make it sound like I was accepting of the Kinnect stuff. I was more thankful that for now it is just ancillary. Annoyed but thankful lol.

If the audiologs in ODST were kinnect only, then I would consider them to be gameplay. Hunting them down in the city was a fair amount of fun. I would have been extremely annoyed if those were blocked off.

I agree that its scary that we are potentially seeing a preview of what to expect with Halo 4, I find myself less of a Halo fan with each announcement these days. Its a far cry from a company like Valve who is still somehow able to swing free DLC for its games. Sadly it doesnt seem like its the kind of thing 343 would do, so I wonder what kind of pressure MS is putting on them, and will continue to put on them with H4.

wwm0nkey

I think you guys are over reacting a bit with the Analyze thing, I mean yes it should have been mapped to the D-Pad for non-kinect owners but.

1. They didn't even have to add it
2. The feature isnt even that great (ooohhhh i can scan stuff and look at it, revolutionary)
3. CEA wasn't actually done by 343, it was done by Sabre and Certain Affinity(MP)
4. This is NOT a preview of what to expect from Halo 4, even if it is I am sure if the Analyze mode is in Halo 4 they will map it to the Dpad next time.

TheOddOne

wwm0nkey said:
I think you guys are over reacting a bit with the Analyze thing, I mean yes it should have been mapped to the D-Pad for non-kinect owners but.

2. The feature isnt even that great (ooohhhh i can scan stuff and look at it, revolutionary)
3. CEA wasn't actually done by 343, it was done by Sabre and Certain Affinity(MP)
4. This is NOT a preview of what to expect from Halo 4, even if it is I am sure if the Analyze mode is in Halo 4 they will map it to the Dpad next time.
No offense, but 343i input was crucial to this package. The Kinect feature had to pass them before it could be in the game.

wwm0nkey

TheOddOne said:
No offense, but 343i input was crucial to this package. The Kinect feature had to pass them before it could be in the game.
True, but i still dont think its a big enough feature to complain about, I have a Kinect and I wont even bother to hook it up for this because honestly it doesn't look interesting in the slightest.

wwm0nkey said:

Reasons 1,2 and 3 are why im not too fussed about it. I can view that stuff on youtube, but as for point 4 we will have to wait and see what they do. If it isnt a preview of what to expect from them then why did it happen this time? Its easy to say "I am sure if the Analyze mode is in Halo 4 they will map it to the Dpad next time." but the real question is why didnt they do that this time. Im willing to bet there is a layer of politics behind it all, which could affect us further in the future.

wwm0nkey said:
True, but i still dont think its a big enough feature to complain about, I have a Kinect and I wont even bother to hook it up for this because honestly it doesn't look interesting in the slightest.

Fair enough this time its not that interesting, but what if next time a layer of gameplay is blocked off? (and by that I mean gameplay which could also be implimented with a controller.)

TheOddOne

wwm0nkey said:
Its a really cool feature for people who like the fiction and the lore, keeping it locked in to only Kinect is really shitty. 343i should really rethink this.

For me its a non-issue though, because I have Kinect, but I can see why people might be pissed about that.

wwm0nkey

TheOddOne said:
Its a really cool feature for people who like the fiction and the lore, keeping it locked in to only Kinect is really shitty. 343i should really rethink this.
$5 says this shit will go up on waypoint at a later time anyways.

Also I care about the lore but this just does not look interesting at all. The info is shit I could find on the web in no time, the only thing "cool" is the 3D models.

TheOddOne

wwm0nkey said:
$5 says this shit will go up on waypoint at a later time anyways.

Also I care about the lore but this just does not look interesting at all. The info is shit I could find on the web in no time, the only thing "cool" is the 3D models.
Might be a way to ease the pain.

Look at Forza autovista mode, you can use the controller or Kinect. No harm no foul.

wwm0nkey

TheOddOne said:
Might be a way to ease the pain.

Look at Forza autovista mode, you can use the controller or Kinect. No harm no foul.
I am sure the models will be unlocked for all via waypoint at some time.

Anyways I just want to play the damn game lol

feel

343i just couldn't win on this one from the moment MS asked for something exclusive to reward kinect owners. If they had the budget, will and time, and created an amazing feature that just wouldn't been possible with controller then the whining would be focused on it being a waste of manpower/time that could've gone into other aspects of the game (fueled by bitterness of missing out on sweet Halo content). They went and created a very minimal and extraneous feature that they thought would be meaningless to the nerds who have every book and well, who brought the crackers..

Letters said:
343i just couldn't win on this one from the moment MS asked for something exclusive to reward kinect owners. If they had the budget, will and time, and created an amazing feature that just wouldn't been possible with controller then the whining would be focused on it being a waste of manpower/time that could've gone into other aspects of the game (fueled by bitterness of missing out on sweet Halo content). They went and created a very minimal and extraneous feature that they thought would be meaningless to the nerds who have every book and well, who brought the crackers..
I could care less about the content. It's the process of restricting any content to further justify sales of hardware like Kinect. I'm paying for content I can't access.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
wwm0nkey said:
I am sure the models will be unlocked for all via waypoint at some time.

Maybe. Maybe not. Look at the pre-order exclusive Skull. It hasn't been confirmed if that will be available alternately at a later date and that is a gameplay element.

I'd bet the Kinect content stays exclusive to Kinect - with the exception of the text that will copied and pasted on a wiki before the end of the launch window.

Letters said:
343i just couldn't win on this one

It's impossible to please every one, every time. No one is expecting them to do that - remember the CE multiplayer backlash a short time ago?

I think it's important that we make it known, just as the CE multiplayer fans did, that there is a segment of their audience, however small (and it really is small in the grand scheme of things), that is disappointed with CEA's Kinect offering.

I honestly believe if they had made Kinect optional instead of mandatory for the Analyse and Library features it would have been better for a fan like me. That's it. No anger and no hyperbole.

ATLAS is pretty sweet and to be honest I'm quite envious of those that will get a chance to use it. I'd love to have that feature on my Android tablet and it just won't happen and it alone isn't an incentive enough to purchase a WP7 device as I have no current need for one.

As a matter off fact, ATLAS could potentially be a stepping stone for greater things. I think it's also fair to bring up that it does provide certain players with an advantage, however small, over players that won't have access to ATLAS. I think there's some amazing untapped potential though and I plan to keep an eye on what they do with it in future.

wwm0nkey

Slightly Live said:
ATLAS is pretty sweet and to be honest I'm quite envious of those that will get a chance to use it. I'd love to have that feature on my Android tablet and it just won't happen and it alone isn't an incentive enough to purchase a WP7 device as I have no current need for one.

As a matter off fact, ATLAS could potentially be a stepping stone for greater things. I think it's also fair to bring up that it does provide certain players with an advantage, however small, over players that won't have access to ATLAS. I think there's some amazing untapped potential though and I plan to keep an eye on what they do with it in future.
Here is what I want to see them do with it.

o6i541.jpg

So much potential screens+controller gives us.

Slightly Live said:
Maybe. Maybe not. Look at the pre-order exclusive Skull. It hasn't been confirmed if that will be available alternately at a later date and that is a gameplay element.

I'd bet the Kinect content stays exclusive to Kinect - with the exception of the text that will copied and pasted on a wiki before the end of the launch window.

It's impossible to please every one, every time. No one is expecting them to do that - remember the CE multiplayer backlash a short time ago?

I think it's important that we make it known, just as the CE multiplayer fans did, that there is a segment of their audience, however small (and it really is small in the grand scheme of things), that is disappointed with CEA's Kinect offering.

I honestly believe if they had made Kinect optional instead of mandatory for the Analyse and Library features it would have been better for a fan like me. That's it. No anger and no hyperbole.

Well said, all of it. The kinect stuff is minimal now but I want 343 to understand why its not exactly an amazing solution before they go further with it next time round.

The Atlas stuff conflicts me, its so damn cool that I cant help but be in awe of it, but I just dont want it in Halo. Conceptually the idea of having the tools Spartans have in the field is epic, gameplay wise will it make it too easy to predict spawns and enemy movement? It certainly provides customers who pay more with an advantage, which is something I hate.

wwm0nkey

bobs99 ... said:
Well said, all of it. The kinect stuff is minimal now but I want 343 to understand why its not exactly an amazing solution before they go further with it next time round.

The Atlas stuff conflicts me, its so damn cool that I cant help but be in awe of it, but I just dont want it in Halo. Conceptually the idea of having the tools Spartans have in the field is epic, gameplay wise will it make it too easy to predict spawns and enemy movement? It certainly provides customers who pay more with an advantage, which is something I hate.
Using ATLAS does not instantly make the player good, this just helps with strategy more BUT it does come at a cost, looking at another screen is distracting so it can get you killed. So it gives you an advantage and disadvantage really.

MrBig

Slightly Live said:

I mean look at BF3, the only thing that is really exclusive among the pre-order bonuses (and there are different ones at different retailers) and content are things that can be unlocked in the game, or don't have a real effect on the game, and exist only as cosmetics. And thats EA.
Same thing with Epic and Gears 3.

smh 343

wwm0nkey

Hydranockz said:
That's a shame :/
Well Custom maps dont have their own height map so it makes sense as to why it wont work.

Also if ATLAS is in Halo 4 (please say it is) I would hope that Forge is a full blown map maker so we could use it in custom maps.

Oh also when Custom Challenges go live anyone want to make a 500 splatter medal challenge and play NASCAR all day? lol

feel

With such minimal feature I don't think they are meaning to sell kinects here, but instead rewarding people who already made the investment, just like with 3d and windows phone. Don't like or have kinect, a 3dtv or a windows phone? Tough break, go find a publisher who doesn't do this kind of thing and play their games. There are far worse things going on like lack of dedicated servers, preorder exclusives and having to pay for post release content.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
Well Custom maps dont have their own height map so it makes sense as to why it wont work.

Also if ATLAS is in Halo 4 (please say it is) I would hope that Forge is a full blown map maker so we could use it in custom maps.

Oh also when Custom Challenges go live anyone want to make a 500 splatter medal challenge and play NASCAR all day? lol
How long can challenges be up for? We can set it to ridiculous amount of kills and whoever has the most when H4 comes out wins

Letters said:
With such minimal feature I don't think they are meaning to sell kinects here, but instead rewarding people who already made the investment, just like with 3d and windows phone. Don't like or have kinect, a 3dtv or a windows phone? Tough break, go find a publisher who doesn't do this kind of thing and play their games. There are far worse things going on like lack of dedicated servers, preorder exclusives and having to pay for post release content.
Forza 4, Mass Effect 3 and Ghost Recon all do this without cutting off features from the game. There was absolutely nothing stopping 343 from adding controller functionality xcept for the magical 'e' word. Let's not kid ourselves here, this is a business thing. This isn't a reward for Kinect owners. This is an incentive for Kinect owners.

Slightly Live said:
"Rewarding Kinect users" is the same as "incentivising Kinect purchases" in regards to marketing.
Edit: This kinda creeped me out...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Letters said:

"Rewarding Kinect users" is the same as "incentivising Kinect purchases" in regards to marketing.

The thing with Kinect is that the average "core" gamer, and most Halo players would be considered as such, hasn't bothered with it. Mixing Halo with Kinect is an obvious attempt to win the hearts, minds and wallets of core gamers. And more power to them. They are a business and want to see their business grow and develop.

I'm not sold on Kinect. I honestly want to be. I would mind at all if something came along and made me want to have Kinect. I think motion gaming needs to be finely tuned to be adapted into existing "core" franchises like Halo. This is just a small step towards doing that. I think it's a misstep that could have handled slightly differently.

As it stands, it would take something as big as Halo to convince me to buy Kinect and I'm pretty sure that, outside of making a Kinect-specific game, Kinect integration into existing games and existing systems (such as the new Metro-style Dashboard) is one of the key methods that will be used going forward to convert core games into Kinect gamers.

To put it in more straight Forward terms.

Vocally giving an Xbox commands sounds sweet. Navigating menus Minority Report style looks awesome. Replacing a button input with a voice input and restricting content is uncool.

Hydranockz said:

LOL!

Can anyone tell me the story behind why the Dr Pepper face of MLG, Tsquared, is having to fight his way through am bracket? He finished second a few events ago and is considered as one of the most dedicated in the game. So..... did he burn too many bridges in the pro community or what?

Also, Jessica Monda??? Where the fuck is Julie!

wwm0nkey said:
Using ATLAS does not instantly make the player good, this just helps with strategy more BUT it does come at a cost, looking at another screen is distracting so it can get you killed. So it gives you an advantage and disadvantage really.

On CoD being able to see your teammates positions on the top down map makes it extremely easy to infer where the enemy is and where the enemies spawns are. It may not make a player instantly good but it provides an extra layer of information. If a player can read that information then he will be able to literally push to spawns etc CoD style.

Its easy enough to have a brief glance at the map when your moving from A-B in downtime, so I dont think it balances itself out.

Honestly, its an amazing tool, something really interesting that I think would work really well in stuff like Firefight. In multiplayer though your effectivly giving people who pay more for your products an advantage.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Will ATLAS actually show CURRENT location of power weapons/if they spawn/where they were dropped by players on the map?

If so I'm going to be donging on fools with increased efficiency since I have a windows phone :D

I hope not, if a weapon icon suddenly disappears then you know not only that the enemy has that power weapon, but also that the enemy is on the spot the power weapon spawns. Thats a huge amount of info.

Tawpgun

Will ATLAS actually show CURRENT location of power weapons/if they spawn/where they were dropped by players on the map?

If so I'm going to be donging on fools with increased efficiency since I have a windows phone :D

Hydranockz said:
Forza 4, Mass Effect 3 and Ghost Recon all do this without cutting off features from the game. There was absolutely nothing stopping 343 from adding controller functionality xcept for the magical 'e' word. Let's not kid ourselves here, this is a business thing. This isn't a reward for Kinect owners. This is an incentive for Kinect owners.

Ghost Recon Future Solider's GunSmith is completely Kinect exclusive. In my opinion it is the same like Analyze Feature. Doable with Controller. Mass Effect 3 feature is doable with Headset. Both things no one really complained. And I WOULD LOVE TO TRY OUT GRFS KINECT EXCLUSIVE STUFF IF I HADN'T A KINECT!
And I totally understand your points, Dan... Slighty Live and Hydranockz.

Tbh. I'll try out the feature only once, than never use it again. Btw. Do we know if the Library(=not the Level) is kinect-exclusive, too?

Havok

A27 Tawpgun said:

I think that's exactly what it's not going to do. It's not giving any information that you can't get by knowing map placement and using the deathcam/looking around to see teammate icons.

daedalius

Hang 'Em High looks pretty cool, I hope there are hoppers for only those maps.

Also, anyone know who did the Halo 4 concept art? I know most of the main artists on Reach, but don't know if they carried over.

Tawpgun

So you can't edit the actual bases and stuff? That's a shame.... they had a chance to make a good arena for making small maps that are lag/framerate free.

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
Ghost Recon Future Solider's GunSmith is completely Kinect exclusive. In my opinion it is the same like Analyze Feature. Doable with Controller. Mass Effect 3 feature is doable with Headset. Both things no one really complained. And I WOULD LOVE TO TRY OUT GRFS KINECT EXCLUSIVE STUFF IF I HADN'T A KINECT!
And I totally understand your points, Dan... Slighty Live and Hydranockz.

Tbh. I'll try out the feature only once, than never use it again. Btw. Do we know if the Library(=not the Level) is kinect-exclusive, too?
Didn't they continually assure people at E3 that the gunsmith UI was designed around kinect, but still completely usable with a controller, and then actually show them using a controller with it?

Ken

I don't think ATLAS' exclusivity to WP7 phones is anything to get worked up about. Teammate positions are already shown by markers in game, any player serious about winning should already know power weapon respawn times (and even then it's really only rocket launcher and sniper rifle), and most of the time the opponent isn't going to be randomly dropping his weapon unless he's dead, which means one of your teammates will know that the power weapon has dropped. All that and there's probably going to be significant lag time between what's happening in game and what's being shown on screen; maybe the map updates at speeds similar to armor model updates
during Reach's first month
. It's a nifty feature but chances are you're not going to be able to tell who is using ATLAS and who isn't when it releases.

As for the model viewer, unless you're spending hours in Reach's, you're not going to be sitting in the model viewer for a significant amount of time for it to matter. I agree that it's a terrible idea to lock anything behind a Kinect wall and that this feature could have easily been done on a controller, but at least they aren't locking something substantial like "command a Covenant cruiser for the first time, a feature exclusively for Kinect" or "get 1000/1000 in Kinectimals with Bears to unlock an exclusive bear skin for your Ghost and Bear armor in Halo."

Karl2177

I'm in the camp disappointed with the Kinect/WP7 exclusives. I don't plan on purchasing a Kinect, as I see no use in it for me aside from Dance Central, Mass Effect 3, and now some bonus shit in CEA. I won't pick up a WP7, primarily because I love iOS and Android devices. Of course they can't please everyone in the community, but this isn't pleasing certain populations; it's alienating the consumer.

Ken

Karl2177 said:
I'm in the camp disappointed with the Kinect/WP7 exclusives. I don't plan on purchasing a Kinect, as I see no use in it for me aside from Dance Central, Mass Effect 3, and now some bonus shit in CEA. I won't pick up a WP7, primarily because I love iOS and Android devices. Of course they can't please everyone in the community, but this isn't pleasing certain populations; it's alienating the consumer.
Alienating the consumer because said consumer can't talk to his friends about how cool "Combat Flood" looks rotated at 280 degrees or because he can't join his friend's party because he doesn't have a WP7 phone to provide them with ATLAS?

Unless the Kinect features are constantly brought up in official weekly updates post-release, they aren't alienating anyone with them.

wwm0nkey

Karl2177 said:
Wp7 allows for a direct connection to the Xbox, even if waypoint was on Android or iOS ATLAS wouldnt work.

Also Windows Phone 7 is a GREAT OS, dont know why some people hate on it, mango really did make the phones amazing.

Top Bottom