• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Will the Analyze/Library mode work on a 3DTV? Viewing and rotating the models would be pretty awesome in 3D.

BRB, off to go buy a Kinect, a WP7, and a 3DTV. Right after I preorder at Gamestop to get the Grunt Funeral skull.

-------
To be fair, I can see it as going something like this:

343: "Hey Microsoft, we want to release CEA at $40."
MS: "The only way we'll let you do that is if there is Kinect-exclusive content."

I'm just glad the Terminals don't require Kinect. If they did I'd reach for my pitchfork and torch. I'm content with the current offerings, but let's just hope Halo 4 doesn't take this exclusivity any further.

Zeouterlimits said:
On the Website? Instore?
You know that he meant Game Spain.

Otherwise cool thing, it looks US only right now. But hey! Halo: CEA Vinyl Soundtrack is preorderable for weeks at Gamestop.com and Amazon.com.

Zeouterlimits and myself posted this on twitter, but not here. I think.

Wow Hang em' High looks awesome. CA/343 really stepped up the visuals for the CEA maps, they all look great. Frankie wasn't joking about the skybox being awesome either, holyshit.gif

kylej

Banned
thee henery said:
Can anyone tell me the story behind why the Dr Pepper face of MLG, Tsquared, is having to fight his way through am bracket? He finished second a few events ago and is considered as one of the most dedicated in the game. So..... did he burn too many bridges in the pro community or what?

Also, Jessica Monda??? Where the fuck is Julie!

I don't know the whole story, I just know T2 dropped Ryanoob after placing second, and then Ryanoob went on to win the next event while T2 placed like 90th with the original Str8 lineup (which also prompted Neighbor to say he was/is going to retire).

Julie is currently flying to NH to marry me.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Steelyuhas said:
Wow Hang em' High looks awesome. CA/343 really stepped up the visuals for the CEA maps, they all look great. Frankie wasn't joking about the skybox being awesome either, holyshit.gif
Is there footage online somewhere? Non-shaky cam?

Steelyuhas said:
Agreed, I don't know what the fuck is going on there but it looks awesome.

Hypertrooper said:
You know that he meant Game Spain.
Sure... >_>.
Hypertrooper said:
Otherwise cool thing, it looks US only right now. But hey! Halo: CEA Vinyl Soundtrack is preorderable for weeks at Gamestop.com and Amazon.com.
Man, it is 30 days of crazy for Halo Stuff :
Halo Glasslands
Halo : The Art of Building Worlds
Halo : CE Anniversary
Halo : CE Anniversary Vinyl.

omg.kittens said:
Is there footage online somewhere? Non-shaky cam?
I posted a very good off screen footage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hR4xmp2h0Y

Tomorrow you can [naughtyverb] to HD direct feed gameplay. And you want to [naughtyverb].

Zeouterlimits said:
Sure... >_>.

Man, it is 30 days of crazy for Halo Stuff :
Halo Glasslands
Halo : The Art of Building Worlds
Halo : CE Anniversary
Halo : CE Anniversary Vinyl.
hey! We both get the same stuff!

The t-shirt will definitely not look like the awesome 343i exclusive stuff. Where is the store, Lyberty? The CEA team has nothing to do. They could do a store.

StalkerUKCG said:
Cant find it on website, i dropped my money with Amazon.

Grunt funeral skull.
Master chief avatar armour.
Release date delivery
£32

Mine is better

Shopto
Grunt birthday skull
Master chief avatar armour.
£29
Guaranteed 1 day early.

Zeouterlimits said:
Sure... >_>.
Don't worry bro, I will send you a copy.

Edit:

-Grunt Funeral Skull
-Chief Avatar Gear
-Halo Anniversary shirt
-39'95 €

I got my Reach and ODST copies like 5 days earlier. Fuckyeah.jpg

TheOddOne

Hypertrooper said:
The t-shirt will definitely not look like the awesome 343i exclusive stuff. Where is the store, Lyberty? The CEA team has nothing to do. They could do a store.
HALO 2 HD REMAKE.

daedalius said:
Him and Jamie Jones (did a lot of Reach art, menus, etc) are some heroes of mine I'd say.
Sparth's flickr account has more sex.

This one reminds me so much of Halo: Cryptum beginning:

4542970224_13116a1666.jpg

Willeth

Hm. How much of Hang em High is Forgeable? Seems like any and every object on there could be a Forge piece if 343 wanted it to be, and it looks tall enough to have some interesting opportunities. Hell, even if it's just a new look for a Forge arena in Reach it'd be welcome.

I don't think we can move/delete ALL of the tombstones. There seem to be two types of them on the map.

Those we can definitely delete:
16asco4.jpg

And those I'm guessing we won't be able to touch in Forge:
rkmxzn.jpg

StalkerUKCG said:
What? how?
Shopto dispatched their orders the weekend before release sometimes.

Finally found the Artist I was looking for: Robogabo! How did I forget him? He has some pretty awesome Mech desgins. 343i has such an amazing team.

MrBig said:
That piece of his has been my favorite for a long time. When he posted it I was in awe. Reading his thought process on making it it makes me so angry :lol
Did ya pre-order his new Artbook? Structura 1 was/is already amazing. Structura 2 is going to be better.

Hypertrooper said:
Shopto dispatched their orders the weekend before release sometimes.

Finally found the Artist I was looking for: Robogabo! How did I forget him? He has some pretty awesome Mech desgins. 343i has such an amazing team.

Did ya pre-order his new Artbook? Structura 1 was/is already amazing. Structura 2 is going to be better.

Is it royal mail? they have taken to holding preorders lately.

kylej

Banned
sick comeback by Instinct. Is there any player scarier than Pistola when the game is on the line? dude clutches it so hard.

according to the twitter feed, Royal 2 got a Rampage on Neighbor & Co. I don't know what to say about that.

feel

Any hints about the release window of the iOS Waypoint app??

edit-

And in addition to the BTSs, will yesterday's panel be uploaded fully by 343i in good quality like the pax stuff? It's getting annoying watching random disjointed bits in bad quality.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You see?!? Do you fucking see why things should pass through flag poles?!?! I feel pistola's pain so much right now.

Zeouterlimits said:
What? How? It doesn't mention the game title on the packaging, does it?
Typically they have a letter with them or some form of "do not deliver" till date, as far as i know its some requirement that the publisher give the retailer that the have to mark every package. Royal mail can obviously ignore this but iv received many delivers with dont deliver till oct 14 stamped on the box.

I think royal mail might of received some form of disciplinary action lately iv noticed they obey the request more often than not, unlike last year where i received everything early.

StalkerUKCG said:
Typically they have a letter with them or some form of "do not deliver" till date, as far as i know its some requirement that the publisher give the retailer that the have to mark every package. Royal mail can obviously ignore this but iv received many delivers with dont deliver till oct 14 stamped on the box.

I think royal mail might of received some form of disciplinary action lately iv noticed they obey the request more often than not, unlike last year where i received everything early.
If shopto don't put the sticker on the package? How should they know it? :)

Wow Instinct is out? I thought they were gods.

Hypertrooper said:
If shopto don't put the sticker on the package? How should they know it? :)

Wow Instinct is out? I thought they were gods.

Well the could but it could cost them the contact with the distribution centre/publisher. At very least large fines per game.

PooBone

So you have to have Kinect to use the Analyze Mode? That's fuckin stupid. Why cant you just look at something and push a button? Replacing a button push with saying a word is as bad as waggle replacing a button on the wii. *annoyed*

StalkerUKCG said:
Well the could but it could cost them the contact with the distribution centre/publisher. At very least large fines per game.

ShopTo negotiate when they're allowed to send games out with the publisher. With the really big releases like Halo, typically MS allow them to dispatch on Saturday (for Tuesday releases) so that it's likely to arrive by the release date. Most people get it a day early because of the leeway.

So, this idea that Royal Mail holds stuff back to avoid breaking release dates is bullshit.

Additionally, pretty much every single pre-order I've done for anywhere that isn't Amazon for the past 8 years has arrived at least a day early.

Photolysis said:
ShopTo negotiate when they're allowed to send games out with the publisher. With the really big releases like Halo, typically MS allow them to dispatch on Saturday (for Tuesday releases) so that it's likely to arrive by the release date. Most people get it a day early because of the leeway.

So, this idea that Royal Mail holds stuff back to avoid breaking release dates is bullshit.

Additionally, pretty much every single pre-order I've done for anywhere that isn't Amazon for the past 8 years has arrived at least a day early.

Want a bet? my gears of war 3 got dispatched by game.co.uk about a week and half before it came out, royal mail didnt deliver it till release day. Your seriously telling me that was by coincidence?

You must of had packages with "do not deliver till *date*" stamped on them.

Royal mail certainly hold packages till release in respect of this date.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
PooBone said:
So you have to have Kinect to use the Analyze Mode? That's fuckin stupid. Why cant you just look at something and push a button? Replacing a button push with saying a word is as bad as waggle replacing a button on the wii. *annoyed*
I'm right there with you. It's fuggin dumb.

Sai-kun

Banned
Argh, can someone link to the Superintendent ringtones again? I only just found out that you can change the ringtone for texts in iOS5...so...i need them.

Top Bottom