• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

kylej

Banned
Slightly Live said:
Cute that you're hating on international players. Must be great to never have to even consider other players in different parts of the world. Pretty much every non-American player has to put up with being connected to American players and American hosts yet you rarely see the contemptuous backlash of the system working out that way for them like you regularly see from American players connecting to non-Americans.

Dedicated servers won't make international populations swell in size nor will they deepen the skill pool of international players. In the end, dedicated servers would make the situation worse for players outside of America by forcing upon them smaller pools of players to be matched up with overall and a truncated pool of players from which to find Trueskill matches.

Like the guy on HBO from a country most Americans probably have never even heard of with it's handful of Gears players, with dedicated servers the dude cannot even play with anyone apart from a few locals occasionally.

But Americans would be better off for sure. So who gives a toss about those foreigners anyway?

The anti-American rage burbling beneath this post makes me lol. Dedicated servers please just for uptight European tears thank you in advance Franklin.

Slightly Live said:
Yeah that and applications have to be designed with IPv6 in mind too, no?

Early adoption in these kinds of things isn't usually the best.

I think most applications support IPv6 already, even if its actual usage is currently very slim.

wwm0nkey

Steelyuhas said:
I think most applications support IPv6 already, even if its actual usage is currently very slim.
360 supports it by default actually. The only current advantage of having it is the lack of NAT and being future proof.

Also for those of you with Time Warner, go ahead and sign up to try IPv6

Trasher

kylej said:
Not 1v1 if you're thinking that. Plywood died in a Squad Slayer game with like 5 kills left. We finished 75-1. One of the biggest chokes in HaloGAF history.

We finished the job a few weeks later - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN10xajrD4
Oh ok haha. I thought you meant he was on the receiving end of that lolol. I was like "howwwww???"

Devolution said:
We almost shut a team completely out, perfections across the board, and Plywood choked. Sad day.
Salty about your niners still. :( Was a good game though. What I had expected actually.

The Real Napsta said:
They probably didn't see this fit coming.
Id imagine they did, their not stupid its obviously this type of feature that locks content from the user unless they have a specific peripheral dosnt fly to well with the community. S

Something like the libary that only the more devoted fans would get a kick out shouldnt be locked in my opinion.

PooBone said:
Would be interested to hear Frankie's or David's feelings/comments on the last 10 pages of Halo: Cryptum.
Fixed to remove awkward situations. I don't like calling them out like that, it just doesn't feel polite to me because there's a good chance they would love to comment but can't.

GAF will get over this minor bonus feature. Unless the Primordium e-book requires Kinect. :p

"TURN PAGE."

"ANALYZE."

"THROW GRENADE KINDLE."

Plywood said:
One of my fav e-buddies is Barrow Roll who is from Canada. We don't exactly get the world's greatest connection when playing.
307308_1516749275559_1139281066_31354204_472615262_n.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from Sai Kun.

But yeah, dedicated servers please.

senador

Banned
Wouldn't each ISP have to also assign IPv6 addresses out to each household as well? I doubt they are just going to drop all the IPv4s already in use.

Ramirez

Hydranockz said:
Maybe if you actually read the posts up until know you would realise no one cares about that feature.

Poobone is the one I was replying to, and he DOES care about the feature, maybe you should learn to read.

PooBone said:
Hell Ramirez, why complain about anything? For that matter why say you like anything? Why come on a forum and say something looks awesome? Why even have an opinion?

I just don't understand the reasoning behind someone complaining about a feature that isn't worth the cost of admission to them. You say you like the feature, but you're not willing to pay for a Kinect (which is the only way you'll get it, like it or not), obviously it's not THAT great of a feature to you then. That's how I see it anyways.

wwm0nkey

senador said:
Wouldn't each ISP have to also assign IPv6 addresses out to each household as well? I doubt they are just going to drop all the IPv4s already in use.
IPv6 and IPv4 users can connect, also ISPs will just have IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, they wouldn't just drop IPv4. I am just adopting now so I dont have to deal with this stupid NAT crap.

Trasher

Devolution said:
Still not as salty as your coach I bet ;).
I watched the end of the game while I was still at work, and I just caught the part where they got together at midfield to handshake one another. I remember thinking "wow that was the most rude handshake I've ever seen." Harbaugh just seemed to push Schwartz aside rather abruptly. I think Schwartz wanted to actually say congratulations or whatever to him, but Harbaugh was too caught up in the moment to take the time to do so I guess, which is understandable, but generally you see coaches exchange a few words before they part and I think that's what Schwartz was expecting. Oh well I guess haha. Things got taken the wrong way obviously.

Trasher said:
I watched the end of the game while I was still at work, and I just caught the part where they got together at midfield to handshake one another. I remember thinking "wow that was the most rude handshake I've ever seen." Harbaugh just seemed to push Schwartz aside rather abruptly. I think Schwartz wanted to actually say congratulations or whatever to him, but Harbaugh was too caught up in the moment to take the time to do so I guess, which is understandable, but generally you see coaches exchange a few words before they part and I think that's what Schwartz was expecting. Oh well I guess haha. Things got taken the wrong way obviously.

Yeah dude needs to chill. The Lions were seriously like the Niners hurtle at this point since they're one of the stronger teams they've faced thus far, it's understandable that Harbaugh would be as excited as he was.

/nfl talk

Also is anyone up for playing tonight?

Lawl at an 8ft+ Elite being in the 300-400 lb. range. Are all Elites anorexic or something? That's a really low weight for that height, even for a human. At 8'6'', Robert Wadlow was 435 lbs. and build like a beanpole.

Thagomizer said:
Lawl at an 8ft+ Elite being in the 300-400 lb. range. Are all Elites anorexic or something? That's a really low weight for that height, even for a human. At 8'6'', Robert Wadlow was 435 lbs. and build like a beanpole.

They have no bones and are supported by a system of fluid-filled bladders.

225px-Kif_Kroker.jpg

senador

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
IPv6 and IPv4 users can connect, also ISPs will just have IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, they wouldn't just drop IPv4. I am just adopting now so I dont have to deal with this stupid NAT crap.

Hmm, somehow I don't think it'll be this simple. If you have IPv6 and I have IPv4, I and therefore you get to deal with NAT still. Right?

Ramirez

Trasher said:

Harbaugh was acting like he just won the Super Bowl, pathetic.

NOKYARD

So, how do we get the CE:A achievement How Pedestrian (Complete the level “Halo” on any difficulty without entering a vehicle) if you can't get over the "this cave is not a natural formation" jump? Considering the jump was placed there to prevent you from proceeding without a vehicle.

wwm0nkey

3179rwo.jpg

Being released during Providence, so November 18th we will probably be able to order these things.

(so far everyone is saying these are amazing)

Devolution said:
They have no bones and are supported by a system of fluid-filled bladders.

225px-Kif_Kroker.jpg

Nice.

The figure given at Halopedia (700 lbs) seems much more reasonable.

Then again, this is the company that said that a UNSC destroyer weighed 8,000 tons, which is a ridiculously small number. Bungie am bad at mass calculation.

wwm0nkey said:
3179rwo.jpg

Being released during Providence, so November 18th we will probably be able to order these things.

(so far everyone is saying these are amazing)

I know it's probably a good controller but god damn if I saw that at someone's house I'd just start chuckling.

/brutal honesty

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn I passed by that booth a thousand times but didn't get my hands on it. I should have said whats up to MarkMan too.

ElRenoRaven

NOKYARD said:
So, how do we get the CE:A achievement How Pedestrian (Complete the level “Halo” on any difficulty without entering a vehicle) if you can't get over the "this cave is not a natural formation" jump? Considering the jump was placed there to prevent you from proceeding without a vehicle.

Grenade jump the small gap maybe?

Ramirez

NOKYARD said:

Probably added a ledge or something to walk along the wall on in the updated version.

wwm0nkey

senador said:
Hmm, somehow I don't think it'll be this simple. If you have IPv6 and I have IPv4, I and therefore you get to deal with NAT still. Right?
No I mean I wont have to deal with mine going closed or strict randomly, I will still have to deal with NAT from other users.

Can't wait for the next few years when we start seeing NAT disappear all together.

Ramirez said:
Hardly, I know what it feels like for my team to win a Super Bowl in the last decade. ;)

Cardinals and the Seahawks, the best the NFC had to offer those years. Yeah feel proud.

Shit talkin' about football is too fun, I missed it for sure.

wwm0nkey

Devolution said:
I know it's probably a good controller but god damn if I saw that at someone's house I'd just start chuckling.

/brutal honesty
Because it has MLG on it or because it looks funny?

(I don't plan on keeping the MLG face plate on)

Devolution said:

/brutal honesty
Why's that, what part of it gives you that first reaction? I'll admit the "Pro" labeling is goofy. But I like the customizability of these things, even my main gripe (the glossy face) can be swapped out with a matte one.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
wwm0nkey said:
Ok, yeah agreed on that, probably going to buy a faceplate for it as soon as I buy it since im not really a MLG guy lol
I wonder if MLG will make those mandatory at events to help drive sales.

Devolution said:
Cardinals and the Seahawks, the best the NFC had to offer those years. Yeah feel proud.

U jelly?

Winning the Super Bowl is winning the Super Bowl.

Plus, regardless of what NFC team they play in the super bowl, any AFC team has to get through the train wreck brutal AFC just to get there.

Trasher

Devolution said:

Join us in the other thread more often!

Steelyuhas said:
U jelly?

Winning the Super Bowl is winning the Super Bowl.

Plus, regardless of what NFC team they play in the super bowl, any AFC team has to get through the train wreck brutal AFC just to get there.

That was my point actually. The superbowl might as well have been in the playoffs for the AFC teams, the NFC has been pretty weaksauce for years.

Ken

D22320B2.jpg

I remember using that MC controller for the original Xbox; had no idea about how terrible Mad Catz was back then. They seem to have gotten a lot better now or at least their arcade sticks are.

wwm0nkey

Tashi0106 said:
No the controller.
idk, I would think so and hope so as they are quality controllers with an insane amount of customization, I think they have a set of 5 analog sticks at launch actually (Im probably going with the little nubs for more precise aiming.)

I think my set up will be 360 layout, nub analogs and PS3 dpad.

Top Bottom