• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Devolution said:
That was my point actually. The superbowl might as well have been in the playoffs for the AFC teams, the NFC has been pretty weaksauce for years.

Yeah AFC championship game is usually basically the Super Bowl. Last couple of years, the NFC is putting some real good teams out there though.

PNut

Banned
PooBone said:
Would be interested to hear Frankie's or David's feelings/comments on the last 10 pages.

Could care less. We're all going to buy the damn game no matter what. Hope they are concentrating on making Reach MP better. Believe it or not a lot of people still play it.

Here's a start....remove Jetpack from Arena and add 85% bloom.

Edit- Do something about people quitting.

heckfu

Banned
Devolution said:
That was my point actually. The superbowl might as well have been in the playoffs for the AFC teams, the NFC has been pretty weaksauce for years.

I've waited my entire life for the Bills to be good again and even though we lost to the Giants today I'm really optimistic about this season.

Gotta Billi3v3. BOOM. HALO/FOOTBALL CROSSOVER JOKE.

Ramirez

Devolution said:
Cardinals and the Seahawks, the best the NFC had to offer those years. Yeah feel proud.

Shit talkin' about football is too fun, I missed it for sure.

Both teams were good the year they made it, the Cards offense was crazy good.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
AAAADMizL-MAAAAAAUzYWg.jpg

I just dont really like that a handgun is stronger than a assault rifle modified for long range.

Plus you get no indication where you are health/shield wise when getting hit with pistol spam. You either die or live depending on if they hit you but you don't know til its too late. Very annoying.

Otherwise I donged tonight even if our randies were practically braindead. Someone needs to sign those kids DNR's.

xxjuicesxx said:
I just dont really like that a handgun is stronger than a assault rifle modified for long range.

Plus you get no indication where you are health/shield wise when getting hit with pistol spam. You either die or live depending on if they hit you but you don't know til its too late. Very annoying.

Otherwise I donged tonight even if our randies were practically braindead. Someone needs to sign those kids DNR's.
Do No Resuscitate's?

Tashi0106 said:
Lol I was reading your post thinking, "Why does she even play still?" And then I read the last sentence :lol

Normally I get a couple good games in. But it's getting to the point where it's just shit after shit after shit.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devolution said:
Normally I get a couple good games in. But it's getting to the point where it's just shit after shit after shit.
I know that feel sis. Take a few days of break, it helps.

Devolution said:
Not new, still dumb.

Then just get exterms with rockets.

To be a bit more serious as long as bullet spread of any sort and auto aim exist there will always be twitching, I twitched in UT with the SR all the time.

Auto-aim: you can tell when your crosshair switches from a faster movement to that slower sticky movement that auto-aim gives you and you pull the trigger, its one of those muscle memory things you just learn and react to.

Bullet spread: we will always calculate statistics and outcomes in our head and do what works more often than things that are more risky. This is why you twitch up with the DMR, 8-9 shots out of 10 fall within the bottom half of the DMR reticule, statistically twitching up gives you a much greater chance of a headshot. If they did it reverse you would find everyone automatically adjusting and twitching downwards even if 343 never mentioned they modified it, its just automatic.

NOKYARD

PsychoRaven said:
Grenade jump the small gap maybe?
That's fine for you and i but how many YouTube commenters even know how to grenade jump, and will they reserve any grenades from the previous encounter?

I plan to be chauffeur driven on the hood of a 'hog, headshotting marines while yelling "Analyze that!", you know, to protest the Kinect implementation in my own special way.

NOKYARD said:
That's fine for you and i but how many YouTube commenters even know how to grenade jump, and will they reserve any grenades from the previous encounter?
Ahhh, achievement whores will just look for a YouTube video to show them how to do it.

Willeth

Karl2177 said:
I've tried .m4a and .m4r, but neither imported into the Ringtones section.
Import the MP3 into iTunes. Find it in Music, right-click and convert it to AAC. You can now delete the iTunes entry for the MP3 version if you want. Right-click the AAC version and view it in Explorer or Finder. Rename it from .m4a to .m4r. Delete the AAC version's entry in iTunes. Drag and drop the .m4r into iTunes and it'll show up in Ringtones. Make sure your sync settings are set to put ringtones on the phone, and use Get Info to rename it to something useful. Sync.

Note that you can do this for any audio file in iTunes, but the phone won't recognise it as a ringtone if it's too long. You can set the start and end point in iTunes before you make the AAC version. And if you're making a ringtone from an existing song, don't delete the original from iTunes. :p

heckfu

Banned
Willeth said:
Import the MP3 into iTunes. Find it in Music, right-click and convert it to AAC. You can now delete the iTunes entry for the MP3 version if you want. Right-click the AAC version and view it in Explorer or Finder. Rename it from .m4a to .m4r. Delete the AAC version's entry in iTunes. Drag and drop the .m4r into iTunes and it'll show up in Ringtones. Make sure your sync settings are set to put ringtones on the phone, and use Get Info to rename it to something useful. Sync.

Note that you can do this for any audio file in iTunes, but the phone won't recognise it as a ringtone if it's too long. You can set the start and end point in iTunes before you make the AAC version. And if you're making a ringtone from an existing song, don't delete the original from iTunes. :p

If you have a mac you can download a free (at least it was when I got it) app called iRingtones which will chop and convert the song for you for itunes

PooBone

The Real Napsta said:
They probably didn't see this fit coming.
On the contrary, I'm sure they knew the backlash would be there, just like when they made the announcement about multiplayer. How much or how little, who can say?

ncsuDuncan said:
Fixed to remove awkward situations. I don't like calling them out like that, it just doesn't feel polite to me because there's a good chance they would love to comment but can't.

GAF will get over this minor bonus feature. Unless the Primordium e-book requires Kinect. :p

"TURN PAGE."

"ANALYZE."

"THROW GRENADE KINDLE."
OH GOD! LOL!

Ramirez said:
I just don't understand the reasoning behind someone complaining about a feature that isn't worth the cost of admission to them. You say you like the feature, but you're not willing to pay for a Kinect (which is the only way you'll get it, like it or not), obviously it's not THAT great of a feature to you then. That's how I see it anyways.
I see your point, and I'd say what sucks is there is no positive outcome to this at all. MS doesn't sell me a Kinect, and the 100% goodwill and excitement for 343 and Anniversary is effectively crushed because of a business decision. It also makes me worry about the future. What exclusive Kinect features will Halo 4 have that don't really require a Kinect?

FyreWulff

Streak's over on this weekly. Jesus. Time to look at my calendar.. let's stop with the grind weeklies for next week, please?

gQQyR.png

That's been four "grinders" in a row, please to be alternating with non-grinder weeklies

Top Bottom