• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
FyreWulff said:
Streak's over on this weekly. Jesus. Time to look at my calendar.. let's stop with the grind weeklies for next week, please?

gQQyR.png

That's been four "grinders" in a row, please to be alternating with non-grinder weeklies
I understand where you're coming from, but this glut of multiplayer-focused weeklies is absolutely intentional.

For me these are only a grind if you're just doing them for the sake of doing them, which somewhat misses the point. This week's is tough, don't misunderstand me.

I'd have to double check the challenge calender to be sure, but I think next week's is campaign focused.

ElzarTheBam said:
For those in the UK interested in this, Sainsbury's are doing halo anniversary for £23.99 here!

I hope that offer is still valid in a few hours time! Would that 20% discount apply to anything? If so that deal is amazing, I can imagine myself buying a lot more from sainsburys.

bobs99 ... said:
I hope that offer is still valid in a few hours time! Would that 20% discount apply to anything? If so that deal is amazing, I can imagine myself buying a lot more from sainsburys.

Yep, 20 percent discount code for any game. However in this case the code applies to new members only (I think).

ElzarTheBam said:
Yep, 20 percent discount code for any game. However in this case the code applies to new members only (I think).

So it applys to games and not just everything? Sorry I would check myself but im scared of voiding the code. Either way thanks for the heads up! Ah yeah just checked games only, still awesome.

FyreWulff

lybertyboy said:
I understand where you're coming from, but this glut of multiplayer-focused weeklies is absolutely intentional.

Intentionally keeping me from having time to finish Gears :p Yeah, I can see why there's multi-centric weeklies over the past month.

This one normally wouldn't be too bad, considering we had a 1000 kill one before, but I have to bust ass today to launch some software, so I'm essentially calculating that I'm starting in the hole -100 (considering a ~100 kill per day minimum amount).

But even campaign centric ones can be big. When they ran the SLASO challenges, they also alternated those with a SLASO the one week and something different the next. Just saiyan. It's not the fact that there are grinder weeklies, it's the spacing of them.

edit: in other news, I need to find out how many CE:A achievements I could get in a single run.

lybertyboy said:
You'll want to wait for the version on Waypoint. It's an extended cut yo.
Oh. Yeah. I'm waiting for a stream version. Not downloading a >200mb video. Will it be up before 2pm 30 BST?

bobs99 ... said:
So it applys to games and not just everything? Sorry I would check myself but im scared of voiding the code. Either way thanks for the heads up!
Just games. Otherwise they took down Halo Anniversary.

kylej said:
I don't know the whole story, I just know T2 dropped Ryanoob after placing second, and then Ryanoob went on to win the next event while T2 placed like 90th with the original Str8 lineup (which also prompted Neighbor to say he was/is going to retire).

Julie is currently flying to NH to marry me.

Cool, thanks

Hypertrooper said:
Fixed it for ya.

I'm a bit disappointed by Instinct. lol. at the MLG Gold ad.

lol indeed

StalkerUKCG said:
Im getting a kinect for this..

kinda, i might aswell grab one anyway i can get a discount my gf works in game retail and its a better time than any.

Seriously? For that feature? Teach me how to circumnavigate the recession please.

Ken said:
Trying to finish Dark Souls a second time on a new character

WAT.
I'm still at the beginning, grinding, in an attempt to make a passable shot at that thing in the cellar that kills you in one hit.

ElzarTheBam said:
For those in the UK interested in this, Sainsbury's are doing halo anniversary for £23.99 here!

Massive thanks for this info.

bobs99 ... said:
So it applys to games and not just everything? Sorry I would check myself but im scared of voiding the code. Either way thanks for the heads up!

Just games, judging by the forums, I don't think anyone wants to waste a 20 percent discount on DVD's and books. So they are not trying the code on anything else.

ElzarTheBam said:
Just games, judging by the forums, I don't think anyone wants to waste a 20 percent discount DVD and books. So they are not trying the code on anything else.

Ah yeah thats still awesome. Im actually wondering if I should throw Assassins Creed on top or if I should wait and see if that game drops in price itself anyway. Sainsburys seems pretty expensive compared to other shops so im not sure if the deal is worth it for more than anything other than Halo which is capped at 29 quid for all shops anyway (the 23 quid price is about right).

Any idea if it includes the pre-order bonuses?

Tawpgun

Playing standard slayer the 700 kill thing should be attainable at 10 games per day which is a little much, especially if you miss a day or two.

Then again, you could just go dong in objective, living dead if you're lucky, multi-team, kill whore in grifball....

The FFA playlists would be good since they last as long as regular games (some shorter) and if you're planning on winning its 25 kills at once. If its FFA hill or something it would be more.

Attainable, but you'd need to alter your playing preferences significantly to get it.

bobs99 ... said:
Ah yeah thats still awesome. Im actually wondering if I should throw Assassins Creed on top or if I should wait and see if that game drops in price itself anyway. Sainsburys seems pretty expensive compared to other shops so im not sure if the deal is worth it for more than anything other than Halo which is capped at 29 quid for all shops anyway (the 23 quid price is about right).

Any idea if it includes the pre-order bonuses?

Not sure bro, sorry!

Was going for the completion challenge but I stopped after the first two games because:
1. First game two of the guys on my team quit, so it was 2v4 for most of the game.
2. Nobody quit, but somebody on my team got 0 kills and it was 47-50 I think (we lost). :/

The music, the graphics, everything, the memories, thank you 343!

P.s. I noticed when the warthog went over the lightbridge it did not leave impact tracks, nooooo!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Any idea when this will be up on Youtube or the Xbox app? Not going to bother with postage stamp resolutions on the Waypoint site as it cant seem to detect my connection speed right on either Chrome or IE.

Watching the video now and I actually gasped out loud when they first showed the marines, they look REALLY good. Visually the game looks amazing.

Fake edit: I kind of hate all the twisting of the truth in that video.

"Ever since xbox live came out people have been calling for a Halo 1 remake for... co op"
"Our number 1 request is multiplayer co op over live."

Maybe im wrong, but it does seem like a slight twisting of the truth lol.

Love you guys for all the work that went into co op though!

As for it being one of the most value for money games this holiday season. If you like Reach MP sure, if you dont though then nah. For 23 quid though I cant complain!

TheOddOne

bobs99 ... said:
I kind of hate all the twisting of the truth in that video.

"Ever since xbox live came out people have been calling for a Halo 1 remake for... co op"
"Our number 1 request is multiplayer co op over live.

Yeah, I noticed that pause too
laugh.gif

Willeth

I need to find out if Sainsbury's are doing the preorder stuff. If so I'm switching from ShopTo. That's a better deal even with my in-store credit I have with ShopTo.

Awesome vid and those graphics look delicious. I said that I wasn't going to look at the campaign vids but I can't help myself. Atleast the story can't be spoiled with this game :lol

PooBone

bobs99 ... said:
Watching the video now and I actually gasped out loud when they first showed the marines, they look REALLY good. Visually the game looks amazing.

Fake edit: I kind of hate all the twisting of the truth in that video.

"Our number 1 request is multiplayer co op over live."

As for it being one of the most value for money games this holiday season. If you like Reach MP sure, if you dont though then nah. For 23 quid though I cant complain!

Well, that was definitely my most wanted feature, for what it's worth.

Also, the waypoint vid requires silverlight, can't view on my iphone, which means I can't view it period. :(

And I'm curious if anyone's excited about ATLAS? I don't have a WP7, but even if it was on iphone I still wouldn't use it. Seems like a distraction imo, and that's a shame because from an engineering point of view that feature seems damn near impossible. The custom challenges I will definitely be taking part in.

PooBone said:
Well, that was definitely my most wanted feature, for what it's worth.

Also, the waypoint vid requires silverlight, can't view on my iphone, which means I can't view it period. :(

And I'm curious if anyone's excited about ATLAS? I don't have a WP7, but even if it was on iphone I still wouldn't use it. Seems like a distraction imo, and that's a shame because from an engineering point of view that feature seems damn near impossible. The custom challenges I will definitely be taking part in.

Are you really saying that since the inception of xbox live you wanted a Halo 1 remake for co op when Halo 2 didnt even have co op over live? Dont get me wrong, co op over live is an amazing feature, but trying to deflect that the majority of the fans wishes for Halo 1 over live was for co op rather than multiplayer is a bit of a lie. Frankie has already given us good reasons for CEA not to have multiplayer over live so its more the twisting of the truth I dont like lol.

As for ATLAS, if I had a windows phone I would be so excited to try that out, it does seem like such a cool feature.

I never liked Hang ´em High or Tombstone because there were just too much open spaces.

However, I'm an Aesthetics guy so I can safely say that High Noon looks sexy. I might actually like it this time.

Nollemaster said:
I never liked Hang ´em High or Tombstone because there were just too much open spaces.

However, I'm an Aesthetics guy so I can safely say that High Noon looks sexy. I might actually like it this time.

Looks aren't everything dude!

But that map has some sexy looks. I still think it has something to do with a portal to the ark. You can also see some holograms that kinda resemble the forerunner ship in Halo 3.

Tha Robbertster said:
But that map has some sexy looks. I still think it has something to do with a portal to the ark. You can also see some holograms that kinda resemble the forerunner ship in Halo 3.

That blue hologram reminds me of the Mendicant Bias hologram on Epitaph.

PooBone

Nollemaster said:

Hang Em High has always been my favorite Halo map. Plays great for 2v2 or 4v4 with pistol starts/AR starts/rockets/snipers. Sooooo good.

ElzarTheBam said:
Anniversary vidoc YouTube here!
Thanks dude.

Crucio

Pfff.. 700 kills is nothing. I need to get this weekly before friday. Shouldn't be a problem, what you need is the right settings for high kill volume like Multi Team Headhunter and CrazyKing.
Even then you could find a party for some grifball spawn killing.

Top Bottom