• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Play Halo 4!

This has to be bullshit, right?
KuGsj.gif

Lazslo

kylej said:
Looks legit to me. I also just won a new MacBook Pro for being the 7,932,054th visitor to this website the other day. And my dick got bigger from playing Evony.
Congrats dude, sounds like a good week.

ElRenoRaven

Slightly Live said:
Play Halo 4!

This has to be bullshit, right?
KuGsj.gif

Oh it's legit. I am like totally playing it right this minute. I have to say too. Bold move 343 by going with a time travel twist. I never saw that coming. Simply amazing seeing locations from the first game from a whole new perspective. I always wondered how weapons got to certain places or how equipment etc got where it did. So to find out just awesome.

Gabotron ES said:
You have to be 21 to drink alcohol in the USA? crazy country is crazy
Yup, same in Spain.

I wonder what's the minimum age to own a gun/rifle there :/

Well legally.

If your talking guns in the US, it's 18.

Deputy Moonman said:
Yep. The 8 bullet clip is one of the 10 greatest mysteries of the world.

Of all the odd design decisions in Reach, this is perhaps the most perplexing one. It just flat-out doesn't make sense.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Wow, Wu's account appears to have been hacked. I am putting a lock on it now and resetting the stats for the last few days. Sorry for the inconvenience Wu.

Tunavi

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
Wow, Wu's account appears to have been hacked. I am putting a lock on it now and resetting the stats for the last few days. Sorry for the inconvenience Wu.
kylej said:
oh man I must've been out when this happened.
this thread delivers the lols

Karl2177 said:
My friend's younger brother has one and he's only 16. In Iowa you can't buy ammunition until you're 18.

Also, lol.

Yeah gun laws are by state, but typically most states are 18 I believe.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Major lawlz!

FyreWulff

Finally got around to posting on the new Waypoint forums. Much nicer. Slight bug maybe:

Looks like the conversion didn't deal with my gamertag change too well. I previously posted as "FyreWulff Rex" on Waypoint's forums because that was my gamertag initially. I had it changed after OXbox Live opened up the old tags, but I still posted as "FyreWulff Rex".

Now it seems on the new forums I post as "Fyrewulff" (matching my current gamertag), under a completely different account id and post history. Separate profile and post count, everything. Don't know what happened there. Can't access FyreWulff Rex in any way. Whoops.

You can see it in this thread:

https://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst13748p2_T-U-R-F-S--Matchmaking-Files--Updated-10-19.aspx

edit: even more strangely, I can view everyone's profile on the forum except the one for "FyreWulff Rex", it throws this error:

Access Denied
You tried to enter an area where you didn't have access.

FyreWulff said:
Finally got around to posting on the new Waypoint forums. Much nicer. Slight bug maybe:

Looks like the conversion didn't deal with my gamertag change too well. I previously posted as "FyreWulff Rex" on Waypoint's forums because that was my gamertag initially. I had it changed after OXbox Live opened up the old tags, but I still posted as "FyreWulff Rex".

Now it seems on the new forums I post as "Fyrewulff" (matching my current gamertag), under a completely different account id and post history. Separate profile and post count, everything. Don't know what happened there. Can't access FyreWulff Rex in any way. Whoops.

Sounds more like the old bug got fixed.

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:
Sounds more like the old bug got fixed.

I just assumed they were imitating Bungie.net funtionality - I still post as FyreWulff Rex there. (Wish I could get it changed).

The bug in this case is that if anyone pays for a gamertag change, your Halo Waypoint post history and profile are going to start anew. I think the intended function would be for your forum display name to change but your profile id stays the same..

Dax01 said:
Since Glasslands is coming out next week (!), are we going to see what the final cover looks like beforehand?

I could've sworn that when the Glasslands cover was first revealed, 343 said it was concept art and that the final cover was still a work-in-progress.
It's the final cover, deal with it.

Blinding

kylej said:
oh man I must've been out when this happened.

6259708482_ff8dfdd7fc.jpg

glorious.

Eh, it was more awkward and unoriginal then funny. Just to quote a post that details how I feel about that specific picture:

When Gandhi did it: Str8 Rippin ALWAYS beat Carbon for top 2 and then Carbon finally 3-0d them.

When Infamous did it: Ninja trashed talked them like 2 events ago and then they beat Ninja 3-1 (11th seed) after Infamous coming off an event win and then used someone else's joke. Blaze's interview following that was just awkward and I've never seen someone so unenthusiastic when they are trying to trash someone. The whole thing just seemed weird.

I felt more embarrassed for them than Ninja.

Tawpgun

Blinding said:
Eh, it was more awkward and unoriginal then funny. Just to quote a post that details how I feel about that specific picture:
I was wondering how he executed it/the audience took it.

You need to walk a fine line between a clever in your face moment and embarrassing yourself.

stephen08

A27_StarWolf said:
Looks like someone who is good who doesn't have a lick of sportsmanship.
that MLG guy is a dick.

Pretty much. I think the general anonymity that is coupled with video games encourages behavior like this. It's a shame really.

stephen08 said:
Pretty much. I think the general anonymity that is coupled with video games encourages behavior like this. It's a shame really.

I don't like it in sports either. I was just taught that sportsmanship is really important from a young age. Its different if they are friends, but I'm not sure they are.

stephen08

A27_StarWolf said:
I don't like it in sports either. I was just taught that sportsmanship is really important from a young age. Its different if they are friends, but I'm not sure they are.

In general sportsmanship is treated pretty importantly, when there is an instance of unsportsmanlike conduct in major sports it usually ends up being a fairly big news story, the individual apologizing and in some cases the league penalizing them with either a fine or sitting them out for a period of time.

If they are friends and the other guys are okay with it I guess there's no harm. That seems like an odd thing to do to a friend though.

Ramirez

A27_StarWolf said:

Sportsmanship is for losers. Being respectful is one thing, but when I'm facing someone in game, or in a real life sport, I want them to be miserable at the end.

Did you guys cry in little league when kids would say "batter...batter...swing!"?

Ramirez said:
Sportsmanship is for losers. Being respectful is one thing, but when I'm facing someone in game, or in a real life sport, I want them to be miserable at the end.

Did you guys cry in little league when kids would say "batter...batter...swing!"?
But how is displaying a toilet paper roll after beating another team being respectful? I can definitely see the humor in the toilet paper roll, but there's still a fine line between being cocky, but still respectful, versus being an ass.

Making someone miserable because you played extremely well is fine. But giving someone the middle finger after a game is something altogether different, which is what the toilet paper roll is essentially implying.

Also, the batter batter swing comparison is not really the same thing. That's something done during the game from both teams. Jeering, more a less, is a part of baseball (always has been), whereas giving someone the big FU to rub it in their face after a win lacks class. But that's just my own opinion.

xxjuicesxx said:
Go 1 and 15 in MLG again kid.

Seriously adults are talking here, quite down.

I suck at MLG, and I've got a life outside of Halo.

Ramirez said:

Awful analogy...

Celebrating because you are happy, and you won, that's great! Being a dick and rubbing it in someones face is not. It gives you, and your potential team an awful image. Not to mention it promotes things like fights to break out. If you want to see people fight watch boxing, when people fight because some football player, or Halo player, was a dick to someone else, its just immature, uncivilized.

You two have attitudes that give gamers a bad name

Top Bottom