• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

stephen08

Ramirez said:
Sportsmanship is for losers. Being respectful is one thing, but when I'm facing someone in game, or in a real life sport, I want them to be miserable at the end.

Did you guys cry in little league when kids would say "batter...batter...swing!"?

Nope. However at the end we would walk in lines and shake the other team's hand and say 'good game' though. Did you not understand the point of that interaction?

Gabotron ES said:
So you have to be 21 to drink alcohol but you can easily adquire a gun when you are considered a minor (16-18 years), curious country.

Yea you should be over here lol. Its fuckin crazy.

1. "OMG Gas is so expensive"
Answer: YOURE USING A FUCKING NONRENEWABLE RESOURCE WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE PRICE? GO DOWN? WE SHOULDN"T EVEN HAVE CARS IN THE FIRST PLACE, SOMEHOW WE BECAME SMART ENOUGH TO MAKE THESE CRAZY THINGS OUT OF METAL LIVE IT UP WHILE WE HAVE GAS.

2. "OMG WERE NOT THE RICHEST COUNTRY ANYMORE"
Answer: WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN AFTER BEING THE RICHEST COUNTRY. GET RICHER? NO AFTER YOU ARE NUMBER 1 THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION TO GO

I swear to god people here are so fucking dumb.

Funny stuff. Then they bitch about the economy. Oh really, natural resources are getting rare since we have more people on earth? Thats crazy talk! lol.

A27_StarWolf said:
I suck at MLG, and I've got a life outside of Halo.

I suck at MLG too. I still dont go 1 and 15 though lol. I don't know how you are measuring life outside of Halo but I probably have more of one than you. No reason to bring real life into this man.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea you should be over here lol. Its fuckin crazy.

1. "OMG Gas is so expensive"
Answer: YOURE USING A FUCKING NONRENEWABLE RESOURCE WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE PRICE? GO DOWN? WE SHOULDN"T EVEN HAVE CARS IN THE FIRST PLACE, SOMEHOW WE BECAME SMART ENOUGH TO MAKE THESE CRAZY THINGS OUT OF METAL LIVE IT UP WHILE WE HAVE GAS.

2. "OMG WERE NOT THE RICHEST COUNTRY ANYMORE"
Answer: WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN AFTER BEING THE RICHEST COUNTRY. GET RICHER? NO AFTER YOU ARE NUMBER 1 THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION TO GO

I swear to god people here are so fucking dumb.

I suck at MLG too. I still dont go 1 and 15 though lol. I don't know how you are measuring life outside of Halo but I probably have more of one than you. No reason to bring real life into this man.

No bro, I REALLY suck at MLG. Always have.

I think one of the things that really turns people off about gamers is the distinct lack of sportsmanship some of us have.

stephen08

xxjuicesxx said:

Having a "real life" and how good you are at Halo are equally irrelevant when it comes to this discussion. If you can't see that then you need to take a step back and read what it is you are saying.

stephen08 said:
Having a "real life" and how good you are at Halo are equally irrelevant when it comes to this discussion. If you can't see that then you need to take a step back and read what it is you are saying.

If you had any reading comprehension skills at all you would realize I'm not the one who brought that up.

I have both a real life and am very good at Halo. Basically I'm a winner all around. Not that you'd know anything about that Inheritor nerd :)

Responding to your edit:

You attacked me saying what does having a life have to do with nething. Thats what I was saying to Starwolf, who brought that up.

Its completely irrelevant to any of us in reality who has a life unless we actively go about defining what makes up a life, and then proving by those measures defined that we have one. Which I care nothing about.

I don't actively validate myself by being good at Halo, I just am good at Halo. By thinking I validate myself in that way you can most easily demean my life in other aspects by thinking I care too heavily in aspects of my progress in Halo. Sure you aren't offensively attacking me in that regard, but the best offense is a good defense they say.

stephen08

xxjuicesxx said:
If you had any reading comprehension skills at all you would realize I'm not the one who brought that up.

I have both a real life and am very good at Halo. Basically I'm a winner all around. Not that you'd know anything about that Inheritor nerd :)

You interjected with that line about StarWolf not being good at MLG as grounds for him being quiet while adults were talking. He responded with saying he has a life.

Both are equally irrelevant when it comes to the topic of sportsmanship or lack there of.

Who has the problem with reading comprehension again?

And I am happy you are able to validate your worth through Halo. Most people might use happiness as a metric and see that your bragging is really a compensation technique but hey, everybody is different.

Sai-kun

Banned
Ramirez said:
Sportsmanship is for losers. Being respectful is one thing, but when I'm facing someone in game, or in a real life sport, I want them to be miserable at the end.

Wow. :lol I just...wow.

Did anyone here bother trying to unlock the Reach armor that was in Waypoint? I know they don't really count towards armor completion, but I always felt that I should at least try to get them

lazybones18 said:
Did anyone here bother trying to unlock the Reach armor that was in Waypoint? I know they don't really count towards armor completion, but I always felt that I should at least try to get them

You mean those armor parts that you get from the achievements from Halo3/ODST? I got all of those.

So today, bloom or no bloom is decided for MLG Nationals. I'm seriously hoping it's zero bloom, and that is currently leading the polls in the pro only sub forum.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
:lol this is amazing

Edit: Gimme bloom for Nationals!! Actually I might not be going now because of lack of funds soooooooooo whatever.

Oh and completed the weekly about 30mins ago which means I completed exactly a half-year's worth of weekly challenges

EDIT: Checked Waypoint. Have both helmets, just don't have the attachments for them. And don't have the chest armor as well....I think I'll just sell my copies of Halo 3 and ODST since I never really play those anymore

Louis Wu

Daily Challenge said:
Your Daily Dose - 7777cR
Complete all of the Daily Challenges for a given day.
lolwut?

Okay... so either this pops after you get the other 3 for today... or it never pops. :) (I guess I'll actually have to try it and see.)

This has been a weekly a couple of times... but how does it work as a daily?

Ramirez said:

Did you guys cry in little league when kids would say "batter...batter...swing!"?

Personally im happy with myself being happy at the end, I dont need to step on peoples toes for my kicks. Winning is enough for me. Not being funny but I have never understood people who only get kicks if they are screwing someone over. In my experience those guys usually end up playing the victim card after getting screwed up by the guys they try and tuant lol.

Xbox live is different, you cant really react to trash talkers without being a trash talker, but in real life things can get violent. I think that helps self regulate and stop most people from being dicks.

Tashi0106 said:
:lol this is amazing

Edit: Gimme bloom for Nationals!! r.

tearingmeapart.gif

Tashi

Deputy Moonman said:
But how is displaying a toilet paper roll after beating another team being respectful? I can definitely see the humor in the toilet paper roll, but there's still a fine line between being cocky, but still respectful, versus being an ass.

Making someone miserable because you played extremely well is fine. But giving someone the middle finger after a game is something altogether different, which is what the toilet paper roll is essentially implying.

Also, the batter batter swing comparison is not really the same thing. That's something done during the game from both teams. Jeering, more a less, is a part of baseball (always has been), whereas giving someone the big FU to rub it in their face after a win lacks class. But that's just my own opinion.
Lol I watched that on the mainstage. Ninja actually stuffed the paper in Ryanoobs face. It was all pretty funny.

Also, you gotta talk trash in game but usually it's just to get in their heads. I shit on a kid in our final series and screamed, "get fuckin raped!" I know some of you don't like that, especially the rape part but it was such an intense series theres really no self control. When we lost to that team eventually in game 3 a member of their team stood up and yelled, "you guys choked, you had rockets!" Nothin to say to that, we did choke. Everyone just shook hands and that was the end of that. It was still a great series.

I do wish I was the teammate with rockets.

Tashi0106 said:
Lol I watched that on the mainstage. Ninja actually stuffed the paper in Ryanoobs face. It was all pretty funny.

Also, you gotta talk trash in game but usually it's just to get in their heads. I shit on a kid in our final series and screamed, "get fuckin raped!" I know some of you don't like that, especially the rape part but it was such an intense series theres really no self control. When we lost to that team eventually in game 3 a member of their team stood up and yelled, "you guys choked, you had rockets!" Nothin to say to that, we did choke. Everyone just shook hands and that was the end of that. It was still a great series.

I do wish I was the teammate with rockets.
Yeah, I understand emotions are pretty high during intensely close games. And everyone will have a different view on the subject. I didn't actually see it happen, so i have no idea if it was met with laughs or what. They have probably played each other enough times to have developed at least a mutual respect/friendship.

Karl2177

Gabotron ES said:
So you have to be 21 to drink alcohol but you can easily adquire a gun when you are considered a minor (16-18 years), curious country.
Oh it really is. We don't censor violence, but sex is the first thing censored. I would rather my kid have sex than kill someone...

stephen08 said:
xxjuicesxx said:
You two are on extreme ends of the spectrum. There's an understandable limit on each end, but you guys have crossed the respectable lines. You can't be a golden person all the time, but you can't be a shithead all of the time. There's time for smack talk and there's time for general respect. I don't see what's so hard about moving from your position into one of common sense.

Louis Wu said:
lolwut?

Okay... so either this pops after you get the other 3 for today... or it never pops. :) (I guess I'll actually have to try it and see.)

INCEPTION.

TheOddOne

MrBig said:
I don't know what 343 is doing for the next Halo, but Bungie seems to be investing research in real time, macro dynamic and physically realistic lighting for their next ip.
343Industries hired a Pixar guy for lighting :)

kylej

Banned
stephen08 said:
You interjected with that line about StarWolf not being good at MLG as grounds for him being quiet while adults were talking. He responded with saying he has a life.

Both are equally irrelevant when it comes to the topic of sportsmanship or lack there of.

Who has the problem with reading comprehension again?

Apparently you because you couldn't figure out that Juices was joking.

Yo GTD I'm coming out of weekly retirement tonight to shit on kids. All this sportsmanship talk has inspired me, I think we need to have some friendly games in matchmaking later today.

PooBone

Hypertrooper said:
Buy the book?
Just wanting a glimpse of the contents. I'm not asking for a PDF. Looked for it at Joseph Beth and they didn't have it. Also looked to see if they had an early copy of Glasslands out. Fizzled again.

The Real Napsta said:
Or you could just get it over the course of 5 year or something.
You're right, but as a gamer that plays lots of games each year and makes good use of his Gamefly account, even in 5 years I wouldn't have that many kills in Reach. It's whatever. I'm not designing the achievements, just giving my opinion on em.

Zeouterlimits said:
PooBone
(Today, 07:34 PM)
Would you be interested to know where that name comes from? Has nothing to do with shit or dicks.
kylej said:
You're talking to the kid who still thinks STFU is a funny acronym. There really needs to be a better GameFAQs filter for people who register here.
Curious how old do you think I am?

And lastly:

Ramirez said:
You really just pulled the virgin card for being good at a videogame, well played.
I would never call someone a virgin for beating me in a game, being better than me at a game, or being the best pro in the world at a game. Was more in reference to the amount of time spent, not skill level. If anyone was offended, I apologize.

Tawpgun

A27_StarWolf said:
If you want to see people fight watch boxing Hockey, when people fight because some football player, or Halo player, was a dick to someone else, its just immature, uncivilized.

Fixed.

As people have said, there's a fine line between being a douchebag and being funny.

A lot of it also depends on the person receiving it.

kylej said:
Apparently you because you couldn't figure out that Juices was joking.

Yo GTD I'm coming out of weekly retirement tonight to shit on kids. All this sportsmanship talk has inspired me, I think we need to have some friendly games in matchmaking later today.

All day.

Louis Wu said:
lolwut?

Did you end up getting it after your next game? I'm curious about it as well.

PooBone

Devolution said:
Since I wasn't here for achievement talk. I don't give a shit about 'em, if other people do, that's cool. I only give a shit when they make people do dumbass shit in game. As far as how difficult or whatever they need to be, I don't give a fuck about that either, just give me something that's engaging enough on its own that I wouldn't mind playing it over. This bullshit with achievements trying to prolong a game's life is annoying when the game itself isn't engaging enough to bother. I'm not saying they forfeit the quality and write up dumb achievements instead to get people to play over, but it sure feels like that with some games, and it's disappointing.

r_u_mad1.jpg

Pennybags

The Chief in the Anniversary cover that's been shown so far doesn't even look like the updated version seen in footage. Shredder helm, mang.

MrBig

Pennybags said:
The Chief in the Anniversary cover that's been shown so far doesn't even look like the updated version seen in footage. Shredder helm, mang.
They commented on someone's question saying the the cover armor won't be changed for the retail cover. So that confirms that its the real cover that we're getting.

FyreWulff

Gabotron ES said:

Technically it's 18 in the United States. If a state doesn't set their own age limit at 21 though, the federal government denies the state their highway funding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Minimum_Drinking_Age_Act

In a lot of states you can be visibly drunk under 21, you just can't actually be holding a beer in public.

Then you run into where states have a different age of majority. At 18, I was an adult at the federal level but the state considered me a minor until I was 19.

A27_StarWolf said:
No bro, I REALLY suck at MLG. Always have.

I think one of the things that really turns people off about gamers is the distinct lack of sportsmanship some of us have.
This. When I watch MLG players "trash talk" I'm mostly just reminded that they must have been absolutely miserable athletes (or never set foot on a lined field at all) until they found their calling. The behaviors that define sportsmanship - expectations which are ingrained in most young athletes from an early age - rarely manifest themselves in MLG players (there are exceptions - some pros were actually quite competent athletes). And yes, real athletes absolutely talk trash too, but there's a certain level of confidence that's required to pull off these things, and most MLG players don't have it. The confidence that worked so well for Gary Payton or Michael Jordan came, in part, from the fact that they were the best at a sport that commands the adulation of an entire country and pays more than the salary of the man running that country, not quite the case with MLG, even if you're 2GRE.

FyreWulff said:
Technically it's 18 in the United States. If a state doesn't set their own age limit at 21 though, the federal government denies the state their highway funding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Minimum_Drinking_Age_Act

In a lot of states you can be visibly drunk under 21, you just can't actually be holding a beer in public.

Then you run into where states have a different age of majority. At 18, I was an adult at the federal level but the state considered me a minor until I was 19.
Lol that's even more retarded.

Blinding

Tashi0106 said:
Gimme bloom for Nationals!! Actually I might not be going now because of lack of funds soooooooooo whatever.

Pro vote went in favor of no-bloom, and Killa KC has stated that he prefers no-bloom over bloom, so it's incredibly likely that we'll see no-bloom at Providence.

Tashi

Letters said:
It's final. I'm not a fan, but supposedly it looks a lot better in person because the chief is shiny or something.

Walshy's sister is hot made me chuckle
Pics of his sis?

Top Bottom