• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

MrBig

Dani, can I get a link to the directory of the original sizes of all your Halo concept art, if you have it on your server?
I'm missing quite a lot of it, looking through the galleries.

Steelyuhas said:
Under Reach's campaign concept art that Dani just posted:
http://thegallery.forwarduntodawn.com/var/resizes/Halo%3AReach/Campaign/m60_tram_cave.jpg[IMG]
Cut location?
[/QUOTE]I think that's from The Package. Saw a tutorial on HBO a while back from a group that was able to get there.

Edit: beaten badly

Domino Theory said:

Such awkward phrasing, seems it would be easier to say "New while built upon the former Halo tech". Well, I know thats what they said, but kinda skated around the issue for a beat or two. Anyways, glad to see we will get something new. I wonder if it used Reach as a foundation or if it started its development before reach code was available.

wwm0nkey said:
Can't wait till the next generation when we see Halo inch closer and closer to what the concept art looks like.

Agreed. Sometimes they get it, sometimes they dont, but my god is the art always amazing.

MrBig

Demoncarnotaur said:
Such awkward phrasing, seems it would be easier to say "New while built upon the former Halo tech". Well, I know thats what they said, but kinda skated around the issue for a beat or two. Anyways, glad to see we will get something new. I wonder if it used Reach as a foundation or if it started its development before reach code was available.
343 began engine work early on, and integrated it with the Reach version of the Blam! engine when they received it some time after the game's launch.
This is how any in-house "new" engine is made and if a developer says something different they are just simplifying it down for people that don't know the difference.

Since Glasslands is coming out next week (!), are we going to see what the final cover looks like beforehand?

I could've sworn that when the Glasslands cover was first revealed, 343 said it was concept art and that the final cover was still a work-in-progress.

senador said:
This is not directed at PooBone but more what you said...

I totally hate when people do that. My IRL friends say shit like this anytime we lose. "Bullshit. I don't have time to play all day like these virgins" and they call the Field Marshall+ ranks "Virgin Rank X". Its annoying. Those guys are just better (in these cases), deal with it.

Ah, I think I remember that. Cool thanks.

The funniest is when the better player has less time played. I remember a Halo 3 game pretty early in Halo's lifespan when seeing a General was still kinda rare, where some guys were harassing a General basically saying he must play the game 24/7 to get that high. It turned out that he had less games played than them by a significant amount. The way he said "Wow, after dedicating twice the amount of time as me to this game and still sucking at it you guys must have an awesome life" or something to that effect cracked me up. Sometimes being good doesnt equal time played, it just equals raw ability.

TheOddOne

bobs99 ... said:
The funniest is when the better player has less time played. I remember a Halo 3 game pretty early in Halo's lifespan when seeing a General was still kinda rare, where some guys were harassing a General basically saying he must play the game 24/7 to get that high. It turned out that he had less games played than them by a significant amount. The way he said "Wow, after dedicating twice the amount of time as me to this game and still sucking at it you guys must have an awesome life" or something to that effect cracked me up. Sometimes being good doesnt equal time played, it just equals raw ability.
Really? Thats freaking hilarious.

ElRenoRaven

MrBig said:
Dani, can I get a link to the directory of the original sizes of all your Halo concept art, if you have it on your server?

I wouldn't mind one either someday. I try to save some of the more awesome ones but there are some in those galleries I haven't seen that I must simply have.

BTW folks. T2, Aliens, And Titantic all kick ass and can co-exist together in one's library.

thee henery said:
Best seen so far is

For those in the UK interested in this, Sainsbury's are doing halo anniversary for £23.99 here!

That's what I used

Does anyone know if that includes the grunt funeral skull? (I might as well do a supermarket run on the day if not)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
MrBig said:

Not sure I know where that is. The Gallery software is quite.. alien to me.

kylej said:
Uh, I know people who have been virgins. Please don't make jokes about this, thank you.

Oh lol

Anyone know why the pistol is a four shot in zb and 85% but the DMR is not? I thought they fired the same rounds.

thee henery said:
Oh lol

Anyone know why the pistol is a four shot in zb and 85% but the DMR is not? I thought they fired the same rounds.

Yeah apparently they don't lol.

EDIT: I'M PLAYING A DLC MAP RIGHT NOW!!
conansj4n.gif

Karl2177

thee henery said:
Oh lol

Apparently the pistol does 25% shield + 1 health, so if that 4th shot with the pistol is a headshot it will kill.

EDIT: And I just realized how much "apparently" makes me sound like a douche.

Karl2177 said:
Apparently the pistol does 25% shield + 1 health, so if that 4th shot with the pistol is a headshot it will kill.

EDIT: And I just realized how much "apparently" makes me sound like a douche.

I mean, surely it's a bug though right? Pistol and DMR are supposed to take the same amount of rounds to kill, the pistol should not be more powerful than the DMR in the 85% Reach sandbox.

FyreWulff

thee henery said:
I mean, surely it's a bug though right? Pistol and DMR are supposed to take the same amount of rounds to kill, the pistol should not be more powerful than the DMR in the 85% Reach sandbox.

Well, the gun was made without bleedthrough in the sandbox. It worked as intended before, and implementing bleedthrough has now created some bugs in the system.

thee henery said:

I actually think it gives the pistol a better balance in the sandbox than default.

Karl2177

FyreWulff said:
Well, the gun was made without bleedthrough in the sandbox. It worked as intended before, and implementing bleedthrough has now created some bugs in the system.
Which is why I dislike Bungie's sandbox decisions for Reach. Personally, I think I could have done a better job at balancing AAs, weapons, and vehicles in the gameplay than what they did.

Steelyuhas said:
I actually think it gives the pistol a better balance in the sandbox than default.

I would agree but after watching back footage of myself four shotting in slow motion the extreme bullet magnetism of the weapon renders it a joke. In ZB particularly, the DMR takes a lot more skill to aim consistently than the pistol; that doesn't mean it isn't fun but it shouldn't be taken seriously as a precision weapon.

thee henery said:
I would agree but after watching back footage of myself four shotting in slow motion the extreme bullet magnetism of the weapon renders it a joke. In ZB particularly, the DMR takes a lot more skill to aim consistently than the pistol; that doesn't mean it isn't fun but it shouldn't be taken seriously as a precision weapon.

The Magnum has less bullet magnetism than the DMR from what I've read (and experienced).

Also, Long Island Iced Tea's will knock you on your ass.

darthbob

Steelyuhas said:
The Magnum has less bullet magnetism than the DMR from what I've read (and experienced).

Also, Long Island Iced Tea's will knock you on your ass.

Hell yeah they will. 2 of them and I was done, and I'm a fairly hearty drinker.

heckfu

Banned
darthbob said:
Hmmm on my way to my grandmother's bday dinner. For every racist comment I'll have 1 LIT.

Ohmygodcallanambulance

Never been much of a drinker but Koppaberg is my joint :p Swedish cider with a range of flavours to those who don't know.

To keep it Halo related, Tunavi should concoct as many of the Halo cocktails as he can.

heckfu

Banned
Hydranockz said:
Never been much of a drinker but Koppaberg is my joint :p Swedish cider with a range of flavours to those who don't know.

To keep it Halo related, Tunavi should concoct as many of the Halo cocktails as he can.
Oh man, perfect.

Plasma Grenade:
1.5 ounces Blue Curacao
Fill with Ginger Ale

darthbob said:
The bartenders here must be really watering their shit down because I'm not a heavy drinker but 2 is definitely not enough for me. Tasty as all hell though.

Tunavi

Banned
Barrow Roll said:
The bartenders here must be really watering their shit down because I'm not a heavy drinker but 2 is definitely not enough for me. Tasty as all hell though.
How are you liking crysis? and did you get shadow complex?

Since I wasn't here for achievement talk. I don't give a shit about 'em, if other people do, that's cool. I only give a shit when they make people do dumbass shit in game. As far as how difficult or whatever they need to be, I don't give a fuck about that either, just give me something that's engaging enough on its own that I wouldn't mind playing it over. This bullshit with achievements trying to prolong a game's life is annoying when the game itself isn't engaging enough to bother. I'm not saying they forfeit the quality and write up dumb achievements instead to get people to play over, but it sure feels like that with some games, and it's disappointing.

Letters said:
Can't wait to see it in action. I hope the game looks clean and sharp, with a locked framerate. Reach is so annoying to look at with all the blur and grain filter on top of the framerate drops.
I actually love how Reach looks, Halo 3 and ODST seemed way too cartoony to me.

Tunavi said:
How are you liking crysis? and did you get shadow complex?
I didn't start Crysis yet. Wrapping up some achievements in Assassin's Creed then I'll begin. Also got Shadow Complex, haven't started that either but I didn't want to miss the sale.

Top Bottom