• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Yay, stats!

Halo 2: 53 (just on this gamertag)

Halo 3: 1,276 games (just on this gamertag)

ODST: Firefight Highscore - 1,743,056 Lost Platoon on Heroic

Reach: 1,193 (Total)

Havok

king picollo said:
Thank you

Used to do Trials type maps on Farcry on the xbrick, always a pain but a welcome change of pace at times.
Don't let all the hubbub intimidate you, it's not that difficult. I did the full thing in just a few tries.

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:
Yep. That and the Turf/Terminal mentions he and Max had at the Multiplayer panel made for a very interesting time.

I wish he'd come back to GAF and post again. I asked him about how frustrating it must be to be the scapegoat on the forums, he and Jeremiah really do get unfairly trashed quite often. He joked about the impending forum meltdown that would happen when people associate him with CEA/Reach playlist management. He told me he's not the person in charge of playlists, making the map/gametype decisions. He's working on the TU more than anything, but some people won't understand that.

This is why I made sure to make it a point to thank him for his work on Halo 3 MM and ATLAS in person.

Also he answered everything about FW Lockout. Turns out that the waterfall area on Forge World was specifically carved out for Lockout.

Stats!

Halo 2: 7,777 games

Halo 3: 2,401 games

ODST: 117 firefights

Reach: 343 games

Of course, I'm probably just making those numbers up.

CyReN said:
Just got done watching another Panel.

THANK YOU Chad Armstrong/Shishka for pushing for the Halo 1 pistol since H2.
never thought I'd be thanking Shishka

also stats:
Halo 2: 74
Halo 3: 4823
Reach: 1636

feel

Assuming the change between campaign and mp in Anniversary is seamless, the game will be breaking some new ground when it comes to xbox 360 game IDs huh?? I think it's the first time a single game will provide achievements for 2 different games on xbl servers, or that game will use another's install file as dlc. Wouldn't mind a future Bulletin dedicated to talking about this sort of thing, it kinda fascinates me.

Okay, here are mine:

Halo 2: 28 :p

Halo 3: 7700
ranked: 3177
social: 2978
campaign: 97
custom: 1435

ODST: 261
campaign: 206
firefight: 55

Reach: 3784
arena: 673
competitve: 2015
custom: 334
campaign: 365
firefight: 397

Crucio

Oh man HaloGaf, you guys are amazing. These Reach threads are moving insanely fast! Woah! I used to read up on every post but now its just impossible.

Sidenote: I just got my Bungie Town Poster framed! Looks freaking good, gonna hang it up top of my games and Legendary props. :D

Edit: Thanks for sharing the grunt plushies!

Havok said:
Don't let all the hubbub intimidate you, it's not that difficult. I did the full thing in just a few tries.

Well, excuuuuuuusse those that aren't as cool as you!

Just kidding, man! I'm still upset that I can't get past the stepping stones. :(

Havok

-Yeti said:
Well, excuuuuuuusse those that aren't as cool as you!

Just kidding, man! I'm still upset that I can't get past the stepping stones. :(
Are you crouch jumping? That's the only way to get up on a few of them.

Gui_PT said:
Anyone want to party up?
I would have sent you an invite if I had known. I played a couple games of Reach with Bobs (and was doing really well), and then we switched to Halo3, where I did really badly, lol.

My team slayer games starting horribly this afternoon. I think 90% of my deaths were to power weapons and my first 2 games consisted of teams doing some hardcore camping and armor locking. I thought to myself, "oh noes my streak of days enjoying the team slayer playlist has come to an end!" But things got better and then my last game with Bobs was highly satisfactory. Going to sleep before work tonight. If I get up soon enough, I'll play a few more games.

14 kills with the pistol? Why yes, thank you.

Havok

-Yeti said:
Yeah. Do you think Toggle Crouch has anything to do with it?
Maybe. I dunno, I don't see how people can play with that anyway. Make sure Clench Protection is off. It'll give you crazy input lag when crouching.

Havok said:
Maybe. I dunno, I don't see how people can play with that anyway. Make sure Clench Protection is off. It'll give you crazy input lag when crouching.

Haha, I starting using it in Halo 3 for sneaking around easier, and I guess I just stuck with it.

But I will try without Toggle Crouch and I believe Clench Protection is already off, but I'll double check.

ElRenoRaven

Ah A good nap and my back is feeling not so shitty now. Time to catch up.

Louis Wu said:
One of these people is using the proper settings.

Oh Oh Oh I know this one. The answer is Who is account attempt #4?

What do I win? What do I win? lol

Louis Wu said:
Interested in a Grunt Plushy?

(Maybe not, if Ram's impromptu contest is any indication, but...)

Check this post for details.

Very freaking cool of you guys. That will make a ton of people very happy.

king picollo said:
New thread in the space of a few hours it's already at page 6.

You guys are crazy.

Well I can't speak for the others but I don't have the name Psycho in my name for nothing.

ncsuDuncan said:
Yep. That and the Turf/Terminal mentions he and Max had at the Multiplayer panel made for a very interesting time.

I wish he'd come back to GAF and post again. I asked him about how frustrating it must be to be the scapegoat on the forums, he and Jeremiah really do get unfairly trashed quite often. He joked about the impending forum meltdown that would happen when people associate him with CEA/Reach playlist management. He told me he's not the person in charge of playlists, making the map/gametype decisions. He's working on the TU more than anything, but some people won't understand that.

Yea. They really do. I wish he would come back too. I've always liked Shishka.

Hypertrooper said:
Again EUHaloGAF:

Competition for free Grunt plush or should I choose the people?

I would love to see a funky competition.

Zeouterlimits said:
*reads Wu's post*

Such a dude, nice work man.

Cant be said enough! Shame hes using the wrong number of posts per page though. :p

Zoolader

thezerofire said:
Yes. I used to have that on in Halo 3 and then I realized you can jump way higher without it.

This.

Also go to forge so you can keep practicing if you fall off, saves alot of time compared to if you were restarting the map each time you fail.

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
Again EUHaloGAF:

Competition for free Grunt plush or should I choose the people?

I remember being promised some Swag

Deputy Moonman said:
I would have sent you an invite if I had known. I played a couple games of Reach with Bobs (and was doing really well), and then we switched to Halo3, where I did really badly, lol.

Well hopefully you learned your lesson for not inviting me

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I was able to 'acquire' a stash of Cortana avatar codes. I'll be handing some of those out later this afternoon PST.

ElRenoRaven

lybertyboy said:
I was able to 'acquire' a stash of Cortana avatar codes. I'll be handing some of those out later this afternoon PST.

Wow. This thread is full of love today. You have contests out the ass then you have good old David with that post. Halogaf has to be the most generous group of people I've met on the net besides maybe HBO members. Course I consider them adopted Halogaffers. lol

lybertyboy said:

Any idea on how many hours time? Is it early PST at the moment? Ill porbably be sleeping in the next few hours please hand them out within the next 3 hours. :p

I am catching up on the Halofest stuff, and I am LOVING the Bungie panel, I am going to miss that crowd talking about Halo, tear.

Loved the voice over panel, was hilarious. 343 are going to have some fun times ahead of them in the recording studio if they keep the same cast.

Gui move to America we have plenty of jobs here!

Also I will hire you to play on my account while I am out. Are you going to help me with that weekly!?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
bobs99 ... said:
Any idea on how many hours time? Is it early PST at the moment? Ill porbably be sleeping in the next few hours please hand them out within the next 3 hours. :p

It will be within the next 3 hours. Probably won't hand them all out today. Have a couple meetings so it's probably 2 hours or so from now.

vhfive

lybertyboy said:
You should save one for me because I'm not going to be around a computer until late tonight.

plz

EDIT:

lybertyboy said:
It will be within the next 3 hours. Probably won't hand them all out today. Have a couple meetings so it's probably 2 hours or so from now.
:D

HiredN00bs said:
No, I mean random headshots. One of the complaints about bloom is that it is possible (albeit rare) for someone to ignore any kind of pacing and spam out a lucky headshot. If the bloom is reduced by 15%, then there is a greater chance that the spammer will get a lucky headshot, no?

I knew what you meant straight away. And it's exactly why i'd rather see a four shot, zero bloom DMR with a slightly reduced rate of fire than different percentiles of bloom. We know they can adjust rate of fire and number of shots to kill. Bloom, whatever percentage, is still bloom. Good thing is, multiple folks that had the privilege to experience the TU early have said that zero bloom as it is worked really well so maybe it'll be fine without ROF adjustment.

lybertyboy said:

Awesome, thanks a lot!

I would love to be a fly on the wall in a 343 meeting.

thee henery said:
I knew what you meant straight away. And it's exactly why i'd rather see a four shot, zero bloom DMR with a slightly reduced rate of fire than different percentiles of bloom. We know they can adjust rate of fire and number of shots to kill. Bloom, whatever percentage, is still bloom. Good thing is, multiple folks that had the privilege to experience the TU early have said that zero bloom as it is worked really well so maybe it'll be fine without ROF adjustment.

If the damage is the same it would still be a bit slower than previous games where 4 headshots would down a guy, wouldn't it? Since it would be 5 in this game?

Risen

Devolution said:
If the damage is the same it would still be a bit slower than previous games where 4 headshots would down a guy, wouldn't it? Since it would be 5 in this game?

If memory serves... and it may not lol... a certain Bungie employee posted regarding the kill time of the 5 shot DMR in Reach being 1/10 of a second longer than the 4 shot BR from H3.

This was from back before I was accepted and when I lurked from time to time... so I could be wrong.

Top Bottom