• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Tunavi said:
I want to see Squad Slayer and Objective to become sprint only. If we wanted armor abilities, we'd play Team Slayer...
God, that would make me so happy. The TU and CEA settings (no AAs) will help, but we need to have Sprint-only games on non-CEA maps, too. For the love of Frankie.

Edit: Slut pride.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
LAUGHTREY said:
lol who is Banchernobyled?

It's actually chernobyled, I forgot to delete the ban part. I think he was a member and got banned or is a lurker. Not sure

Tawpgun

Tunavi said:
Yeah. You joke now, but I'm a little nervous. I would be so bummed if they made Team Objective AR starts again.
SHHHHH DONT ENCOURAGE FYREWULF

I think he was the only one here pulling for AR's in Objective.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Tashi0106 said:
It's actually chernobyled, I forgot to delete the ban part. I think he was a member and got banned or is a lurker. Not sure
Where are you talking?

Tell cherno i said hi.

Today is just one of those days in reach where I go from playing kids far above my pay grade to people who really can't hang and quit, and vice versa. Sigh. Bring back h2 ranks and use that to match people up.

I'll wait a bit longer if it means a good competitive game.

Devolution said:
Today is just one of those days in reach where I go from playing kids far above my pay grade to people who really can't hang and quit, and vice versa. Sigh. Bring back h2 ranks and use that to match people up.

I'll wait a bit longer if it means a good competitive game.
Before Duncan appears with his awesome ideas, I'm posting a shitty one: beard rank. You only get match up with other dudes, who have the same beard like you. Okay Devo, you will still matchmake with kiddies, but you know that this is fair now.

Tunavi

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
SHHHHH DONT ENCOURAGE FYREWULF

I think he was the only one here pulling for AR's in Objective.
Striker was as well. I see his point about players rushing to the objective after death. I'd would much rather see the AA's disabled upon spawn to prevent this, like MLG.

Tawpgun

I just couldn't imagine playing an objective game with AR starts. Not any sort of competitive one anyway.

I remember playing TO at launch. Drop Shields and AR's. Gross.

They fixed TO.

No Drop Shield. Still AR's. Washed my hands and never again until the godly DMR update.

Tunavi

Banned
I know, I can't play AR starts at all. With a pistol so nerfed, it feels so primitive.

Evade still completely ruins Team objective though.

LOL yeah I remember when Objective was drop shield, armor lock, ar starts. worst fucking playlist in the entire world.

Homeboyd

NOKYARD said:
Running the Weekly if anyone wants in.

I see you over there....

Checked your party details and saw PoA.. I do not envy you. I know you're a pro at these but they were hard for me SO BACK OFF!

jk

But they were hard.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
CEA Pistol/AR starts for Team Objective. That's my vote.

But it'd mean altering most maps with DMR spawns, and nobody has the time to do that, considering how hard it is to add softkill boundaries.

Tawpgun

HiredN00bs said:
How long of a wait is acceptable? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?
It would honestly help if they just put Arena Rankings in every playlist. Its almost all win/loss based now so why not? Arena is the only playlist where I feel trueskill does its job (might be because mostly good people play it) If I'm Onyx I always get matched with other Onyx's or high golds.

Does anyone HONESTLY have a problem with this?

Havok

Tunavi said:
Striker was as well. I see his point about players rushing to the objective after death. I'd would much rather see the AA's disabled upon spawn to prevent this, like MLG.
Reduced bloom pistol might be a pretty great fit. The DMR has some issues with immediate pinging on the more open maps which make flag runs more of a pain in the ass than they should be. A nongimped pistol might be a nice middle ground. God, I hope Evade gets the axe.

Tawpgun

FyreWulff said:
I don't remember Evade being in Halo 3. It's too bad Reach doesn't have a playlist dedicated to objectives :(

...Team Objective? Flag Slayer is still objective.... can't win without a cap.

Premium Battle is good also.

GhaleonEB said:
Neither has a playlist manager. *badup bish*

(I know 343 is working on it; I totally forgot to ask when the first update would be when I could. I hope there's a September one. The last was in July, IIRC.)
Hah!

I think I'll hold off from Reach until the TU hits.

Edit: I am firmly in the no pistol camp. Give me a DMR/AR start, sprint only, reduced bloom, nerfed grenades and 5v5 Slayer. Camper = happy.

Tunavi

Banned
Havok said:
Reduced bloom pistol might be a pretty great fit. The DMR has some issues with immediate pinging on the more open maps which make flag runs more of a pain in the ass than they should be. A nongimped pistol might be a nice middle ground. God, I hope Evade gets the axe.
If we get a pistol like we had in the beta, I would be 100% okay with AR starts.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Hah!

Edit: I am firmly in the "no pistol" camp. Give me a DMR/AR start, sprint only, reduced bloom, nerfed grenades and 5v5 Slayer. Camper = happy.
So you felt in love with Squad Slayer? Good.

I miss your voice. When the TU hits, we have to play.

Booshka

Tunavi said:
If we get a pistol like we had in the beta, I would be 100% okay with AR starts.
You'd also need the nerfed AR that was in the beta. The AR being weak amplified the awesomeness of the beta Pistol.

Seriously though, AR burst shields down, switch to pistol, shoot them in the face. Works pretty well in AR/Pistol starts.

Hitmonchan107 said:
It's a date. ;^)
1246354486_happy-doggy.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
FyreWulff said:
2 Flag Slayer belongs in a resurrected Flagstravaganza.
Fixed.

I'm gonna be online in a bit. Party up with me so I can sprint into your grenades.

A27 Tawpgun said:
It would honestly help if they just put Arena Rankings in every playlist. Its almost all win/loss based now so why not? Arena is the only playlist where I feel trueskill does its job (might be because mostly good people play it) If I'm Onyx I always get matched with other Onyx's or high golds.

Does anyone HONESTLY have a problem with this?

Nope. Especially not after today. I don't think there was one competitive game for me today. And even if there was one, that would one out of 25 games. Terrible.

Havok

Arena's trueskill is no better than anywhere else. We've been getting matched with teammates with like .7 kds all damn day. They go -15, we're all very positive, we lose.

Booshka

Havok said:
Arena's trueskill is no better than anywhere else. We've been getting matched with teammates with like .7 kds all damn day. They go -15, we're all very positive, we lose.
Are you rated yet for the season? If not, you will have widely varying experiences with TrueSkill. But, if you get rated to Onyx for the season, you will play better people and have more competitive games.

Arena works pretty well from what I have seen, you just have to play enough to get rated, then you will get competitive games consistently.

EDIT: Quick Bnet stalk session shows you aren't rated. Keep playing, get rated to Onyx, then you will get more competitive games.

Havok

Booshka said:
Are you rated yet for the season? If not, you will have widely varying experiences with TrueSkill. But, if you get rated to Onyx for the season, you will play better people and have more competitive games.

Arena works pretty well from what I have seen, you just have to play enough to get rated, then you will get competitive games consistently.
No, I just have a daily rating (1615). I was just kind of hoping I wouldn't have to slog through four days of awful matches before it would stop giving us people in the 600s :/

You're right, in previous seasons post-division play was great, so I guess I just wish it worked faster to cut off parts of the population cesspool.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Hah!

Edit: I am firmly in the no pistol camp. Give me a DMR/AR start, sprint only, reduced bloom, nerfed grenades and 5v5 Slayer. Camper = happy.

A man who doesn't like a good pistol is no man.

Seriously though, when TU hits we are playing. 'Tiss been to long.

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
Can you imagine how awesome it plays? Yeah it plays really awesome.
I can't believe I got through all of HaloFest without managing to play on it.

Or learning whether the Covenant will intentionally use the man cannon on I04.

FyreWulff

Dani said:
You think DMR starts don't belong in TO either. I don't think your tastes are in tune with the general TO populace.

Considering the massive population drop after DMR starts were introduced, I think they were.

Tunavi

Banned
FyreWulff said:
Considering the massive population drop after DMR starts were introduced, I think they were.
implying there was ever a population.

and we all like it a lot better more now. but its all about the casuals though. shame on us, right?

Top Bottom