• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

kylej said:
Was definitely drunk when I posted this. lollin at my complaints about Powerhouse. Little did I know the atrocities Bungie had in store for Reach. Spire was lurking in the shadows. -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21037973&postcount=8561

lol - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21035402&postcount=8372

It's funny how some of your criticisms are still spot on and still problems. I feel a bunch of people in this thread should just be hired to hash shit out about multiplayer. When almost all of halogaf comes to a concensus about something, I at least think it needs to be done, since we're of all different backgrounds and mindsets.

So on that note bring back Spike Nades please.

Risen said:
Halo anyone?

Yes.

Why does the game help you when you are using the jetpack and aim for someone's head? I hate that shit. Seriously I take down the shield of these jetpackers earlier and then only need one shot. But hey the game help them to aim and they can spam me. And of course a lot of these times they get even a headshot. That shit will be awful with reduce bloom...

I'd love a timed release grenade, a la the frag grenade on the CoD shooters. Not a cut and paste, mind you, but something that required skill to wield and detonate perfectly in the air, instead of a toss and forget.

I'd also like to see an AA that give the user the ability to do a high jump. Not totally controlled, just a one-time burst high into the air (about 15 feet or so). Similar to the lunge but vertically instead of laterally.

StalkerUKCG said:
And please can we give female spartans adjustable bosom's the lack of any discernibly chest area really break immersion for me and im sure many others
You've been to the PSO2 threads I take it? :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Retro said:
I loved spike grenades too, actually... I wonder if they could be re-integrated as a proximity-based grenade. You'd toss one and it would remain there until someone walks by and trips it. Until it detonates, though, you wouldn't be able to pick up a replacement (i.e. if you throw two spike grenades, you can't pick any more up until those are triggered).

Of course, that would completely screw up the pace and flow of the game, so... I'm just full of bad ideas, aren't I?
I love love loved the proximity mines back in the Goldeneye / Perfect Dark days, but yeah, they are so overpowered. They're fun, but have no place in a balanced sandbox. Cheap as hell.

Hydranockz said:
Make them beep loudly and make them suck against everything.

Thank Halo 3 :p
Hah, I forgot those even existed! Yeah, they were nerfed to the point of being useless, and should've just been cut.

omg.kittens said:
I love love loved the proximity mines back in the Goldeneye / Perfect Dark days, but yeah, they are so overpowered. They're fun, but have no place in a balanced sandbox. Cheap as hell.

Retro

Hydranockz said:

Actually, what might be work is if they beeped and occasionally emitted a small pulse on the radar. In that way, they aren't quite as cheap as standard proxy mines and have a secondary purpose; to freak people out.

But yeah, in general, proxy mines don't belong in Halo at all.

Tawpgun

xxjuicesxx said:
Another annoying thing is everytime you shoot the DMR the pins of your screen bend in. So fucking annoying. All those little annoying things they add to make your weapon seem all "powerful" and "responsive" are fucking stupid.

Stop shoving five thousand fucking colors at us, stop shaking our screen.

Let us play the fucking game. God. It just keeps getting worse and worse as Halo's progress too.

Stop it.
REALISM. IMMERSION.

I'm actually all for a more immersive experience, such as bringing back the visor lines from H3, maybe having the HUD bob like in Metroid/Crysis, having motion blur and a lot of feedback when getting shot or shooting...

But I want an option to turn all that stuff off also. Many PC shooters do this. Like in Quake Live you can play with the full graphics or go to simple mode, so weapons and ammo are clear symbols instead of the actual boxes or guns, and the textures get simplified and everything looks really clean. When people play competitively that's how they play.

So it would be completley optional. Have a really awesome immersive experience in campaign as far as effects and HUD elements go, and be able to toggle it in Mutliplayer. If you want to play MP with all that stuff that's fine. If you don't you don't have to and you get a bit of an advantage.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ok I now have voice and game audio for my stream. Man, that was such a pain in the ass. Holy shit it took like over 2 hours to fix it all.

Ken

Sorry for that Double Team game jelyk.

Think I'll stay off Reach until I get my regular internet and monitor back.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
A27_StarWolf said:
They haven't changed?

No. If they had updated them there would be an announcement.

Lyphen said:
God damn, Waypoint's forums are such utter dogshit. I can never get into them without going to Xbox.com first.

That won't be an issue after the update. That's a long-standing and annoying issue they've had.

FyreWulff

Devolution said:
Anyone know why they weren't included in Reach? I thought it was kind of cool to use a nade that could stick to surfaces.

IIRC it's because Bungie didn't like / found out people didn't like toggling between more than two types of grenade, which is why all of the official Bungie Halo 3 map variants (off the top of my head, anyway) only feature 2 different types of grenades: frag+sticky or frag+spiker.

The want to remove redundant weapons probably also played into it.

I liked spike grenades but I'm not sure most of the playerbase ever really 'got' how to use them.

Hydranockz said:

I got a pretty sweet overkill in BTB with one once, but that probably accounts for 4/5 kills I ever got with the things. :p

Im glad they sucked, tripmines are never fun to die against. Cheap tools to be honest. I treated the ones in Halo 3 more like grenades lol.

Louis Wu

Devolution said:
I seriously want to make symbols for these now, so hilariously good.
You know, I'd have no problem at all setting up a place for you to put stuff like this.

We had a page of Halo 3 medals created by a fan (Blackstar) - hilarious and odd occurrances that merited their own credit; he created the graphics (mouse over the thumbnails to see them at full size) and the description, and we'd link to an example of the action that earned the medal. I'd love to create a similar page for Reach medals; you've already gotten a good start on one. :)

Tawpgun

Louis Wu said:
You know, I'd have no problem at all setting up a place for you to put stuff like this.

We had a page of Halo 3 medals created by a fan (Blackstar) - hilarious and odd occurrances that merited their own credit; he created the graphics (mouse over the thumbnails to see them at full size) and the description, and we'd link to an example of the action that earned the medal. I'd love to create a similar page for Reach medals; you've already gotten a good start on one. :)
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

P.S. Fuck off HaloGAF, I'm trying to write an essay. Stop distracting me ffs.
<3 you guys

FyreWulff said:
Refuse to do it again after the dice roll of the MAC gun under SLASO.
No dice. I can do that shit with my eyes closed now. Check mah file share, top slot.

Edit: Love Bungie Pro, how else could I get a saved film from my 360 to YouTube from the comfort of my droid?

Tawpgun

Havok said:
Please take all the awful Forge variants out if Arena. Thank you.

PS Enclosed can eat a dick.

Out of all the terribad FW variants, Enclosed is one of the better ones.

But thats like saying this crap is better than that crap.

Louis Wu said:

Oh awesome. Yeah I'd so be willing to, and give shout outs to people who came up with the original ideas.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Out of all the terribad FW variants, Enclosed is one of the better ones.

But thats like saying this crap is better than that crap.

I think of all the terribad FW maps in MM, Enclosed is one of the worst.

kylej

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

P.S. Fuck off HaloGAF, I'm trying to write an essay. Stop distracting me ffs.
<3 you guys

Doing homework a considerable amount of time before it's due.

Look at this lil college newbie. Remember if you need to do research never forget JSTOR. Love them articles http://www.jstor.org/

edit. cleansing get online

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Devolution said:
Oh awesome. Yeah I'd so be willing to, and give shout outs to people who came up with the original ideas.
That reminds me: you know who's not funny and never has good ideas? Tunavi.
<3

kylej said:
edit. cleansing get online

Can't, GF.

Plus I just had to play friggen Slayer on Countdown. Shit was bad. Its amazing how bad the game plays when you don't have a DMR. I got concussion rifled.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
squidhands said:
If you keep going further I wasn't sure what people were talking about, what you guys called "bloom" was "expanding reticle/reticule" to me. Reading the post now, seems like an elaborate troll. lol
bobs99 ... said:
EDIT: its plywoods Bday? Happy bday dude, I wish I had access to your gif collection to put something worthwhile up.
Might upload my entire .gif collection later tonight or tomorrow. >_>
Steelyuhas said:
Happy Birthday Plywood!

When the long night comes, at least you made it to 21.
Fire cannot kill a dragon. I ain't never scared.

Top Bottom