• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

GhaleonEB

Woorloog said:
Frankly, it might be too handy even. Two gunners, good pilot, bomb/flag being carried... True, a missile or two or a laser drops the whole thing but if your team manages to keep those in check... True, you could argue that then the team with Falcon deserves a plant but considering how pitiful team work often is and how ofter people waste rockets or laser on something non-essential...
Still, i'd like to have a passenger seated Falcon as well.
It worked well for the Hornet on Avalanche. That vehicle had 1) forward facing turret that 2) didn't require a second player to gun and 3) had much faster lift off speeds for CTF and Assault runs.

The Hornet needs a second gunner, who has limited firing angles, and takes off slowly. I think it would be great on a few BTB maps.

Woorloog

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
It worked well for the Hornet on Avalanche. That vehicle had 1) forward facing turret that 2) didn't require a second player to gun and 3) had much faster lift off speeds for CTF and Assault runs.

The Hornet needs a second gunner, who has limited firing angles, and takes off slowly. I think it would be great on a few BTB maps.
True i suppose... though i'd rather take good BTB maps over additional Falcon variant to be honest. Oh and i'd take fixed Banshee over Falcon variants as well

squidhands said:
I would buy all these games.
Halo: Reach: Trooper? ODST-esque spinoff where you play as an army trooper during the Fall of Reach. The game's set on New Alexandria's streets.

stephen08

What would be a nice feature would be to have flag carriers sit where the turrets are but just not be able to gun.

In general though I think the Falcon needs to be on more maps.

FyreWulff said:
A stinker is a map that sucks at all gametypes and earns a veto instantly from me no matter the gametype.
I was on board with what you meant, but I wasn't when you opined that Reach has no stinkers in their map selection. There our opinions are vastly different, much to my dismay.

Woorloog said:
Halo: Reach: Trooper? ODST-esque spinoff where you play as an army trooper during the Fall of Reach. The game's set on New Alexandria's streets.
I'd like to play a game that's as bad ass as this.

Ace 8095

Bit off topic but I just finished reading Cryptum and really enjoyed it. I was a big fan of Greg Bear's style. What other works of his are most similar to Cryptum?

Here are my assassinations. And quite a few of those are unintentional. I can concur that sometimes simply tapping the melee button triggers an assassination animation.
Bronze: Rear Admiral

Assassinate an enemy in multiplayer matchmaking.

Next Tier: Silver 37 / 100
Devolution said:
I just beat down people in the back since any time I pause for a while I'm either leaving myself open to get shot or not helping a team mate.
Totally agree.

Gui_PT said:
In my opinion, they just thought Assassinations were fun and decided to put them in.

Many of you don't know this, but Halo is mostly about having fun.

Nah, its supposed to be super serious bro.

Real answer - I had more fun when the gameplay allowed me to assassinate one player and start shooting the next while the assassinated players still flipping body took up airspace. Those where the days. :p

Im not going to lie, I love getting assassinations just because I know they are so annoying. but with Halo 4 I hope theres a toggle to turn them off. They just remind me of things like chainsaw kills from Gears which actually have no real gameplay value but are just there to provide bonehead entertainment.

stephen08 said:
What would be a nice feature would be to have flag carriers sit where the turrets are but just not be able to gun.

In general though I think the Falcon needs to be on more maps.
Hold RB to hop on the Falcon, once inside press Y to use it's machine gun.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ace 8095 said:
Bit off topic but I just finished reading Cryptum and really enjoyed it. I was a big fan of Greg Bear's style. What other works of his are most similar to Cryptum?

Try Anvil of the Stars.

Switching weapons in Reach and 3 is both painfully slow, which is especially painful in Reach given that the switch was significantly faster in the beta, but you gotta nerf the individual player right?! :/

Ramirez

Executions in Gears are about a 1000x more satisfying and demoralizing compared to the ones in Reach. I never passed up on an opportunity in the beta to slice someones throat with the Retro Lancer, lol.

Just got home, has the jury came to a verdict whether or not Yoinks are ethical?

On a side but super important note. Does anyone know how to fucking play Halo anymore?

Why is my teammate going ring 2 with sniper in SLAYER. Keep our fucking sniper on our side! You gain nothing having a sniper being in the MIDDLE of a circular map. In fact you become vulnerable from all sides.

Sit the fuck back at base and wait for a shot!

The only reason to ever push up with Snipe on Asylum/Sanctuary is after they go 2 or 3 down and you can catch them in a spawn and pin them down in an Objective gametype so your Objective and Objective Support player can run flag.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
xxjuicesxx said:
Just got home, has the jury came to a verdict whether or not Yoinks are ethical?

Of course they are ethical - a Yoink is a redundant safety feature. What if you didn't yoink, and the yoinkee died as a result. You can't know for sure.

I use power weapons!
If the rendering service remains for Halo:Reach and Halo4, they really need an inbetween render setting. The low-res option is painfully poor, while the the high-res option is not worth the points. I should get a capture card, but that requires even more money and some work setting it up. I'm too lazy for that.

GhaleonEB

xxjuicesxx said:
Verdict: if there's a medal for it, it's ethical. I'd go so far as to say it's encouraged. The more yoinking the better.

xxjuicesxx said:
Bottom line is, know who you're Yoinking and make sure they don't mind being Yoinked at a moment's notice. Have a safe word and it'll all be 'kay.

StalkerUKCG said:
Yoink betrayal arguments are hilarious and stephen08 has a warped sense of ethics but i dislike the tension in gaf, so as a hilarious distraction i present to you Myself!.
http://i.imgur.com/QPwiV.jpg[img]

Any other gaffers wanna join me in posting pics ?[/QUOTE]

I will post a pic I guess:

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2czocbd.png

Eating a healthy batch of pasta.

Also, I would love to play Reach now. Who's in?

xxjuicesxx said:

On a side but super important note. Does anyone know how to fucking play Halo anymore?

Why is my teammate going ring 2 with sniper in SLAYER. Keep our fucking sniper on our side! You gain nothing having a sniper being in the MIDDLE of a circular map. In fact you become vulnerable from all sides.

Sit the fuck back at base and wait for a shot!

The only reason to ever push up with Snipe on Asylum/Sanctuary is after they go 2 or 3 down and you can catch them in a spawn and pin them down in an Objective gametype so your Objective and Objective Support player can run flag.

Well on a real Sanctuary, you often want to push the sniper up to car, but on Asylum, there is no reason to take the sniper out of the base, you can see everything from there.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ace 8095 said:

I'm more than halfway there. Hoping to power through it before Glasslands and Primordium.

Speaking of, I want mah Bulletin!

So, this isn't technically Reach, but I'm replaying ODST and I just love this little moment. I figured, "This looks so good know, it must look even better if it's five times as wide!"

(As always, click for embiggenmenting-ishness)

GhaleonEB

darthbob said:
There's a medal for armor locking too.

>____>
Hmm, maybe we need to carve out an exception.

Do you have a "My other car is a Warthog" license plate frame on your car? Someone else from Saint Helens does, and I thought perhaps it was you after we discovered we live in the same town.

darthbob

GhaleonEB said:
Hmm, maybe we need to carve out an exception.

Do you have a "My other car is a Warthog" license plate frame on your car? Someone else from Saint Helens does, and I thought perhaps it was you after we discovered we live in the same town.

Yes I do. : )

I drive a bluish greenish Pontiac G6, and it's on the back. A few of my friends have them as well, so you might have seen their cars.

FyreWulff

My 360 decided to corrupt both Defiant and Noble, and then renamed Noble to being a progress cache file:

OIv38.jpg

The corrupted Noble also changed where it was sorted each time I looked at the Reach folder.

Fix yo shit Microsoft

I'm afraid to go see if Tombstone and Desolation were affected.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Domino Theory said:
I'm more than halfway there. Hoping to power through it before Glasslands and Primordium.

Speaking of, I want mah Bulletin!

Due to the holiday weekend the Bulletin is coming tomorrow.

Gui_PT

This one time, I was with a girl and she said I could yoink it when I was almost done. But when I was about to yoink it she wrapped her legs around me and caused a showstopper =(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Gui_PT said:
This one time, I was with a girl and she said I could yoink it when I was almost done. But when I was about to yoink it she wrapped her legs around me and caused a showstopper =(
Remember what I said about liking your humor?

I take it back. :p

ElRenoRaven

Blue Ninja said:
So, this isn't technically Reach, but I'm replaying ODST and I just love this little moment. I figured, "This looks so good know, it must look even better if it's five times as wide!"

Yup. It was so nice seeing engineers finally realized. ODST is such a great looking game.

lybertyboy said:

Hmm. I'll have a heart for once and ok it but she had better have an extra paragraph to make up for it.

Gui_PT said:
You made my day lmao

Falagard

Blue Ninja said:

I love ODST. Such a great game. Your biggenment looks great, by the way.

GhaleonEB

darthbob said:
Yes I do. : )

I drive a bluish greenish Pontiac G6, and it's on the back. A few of my friends have them as well, so you might have seen their cars.
I think we live two blocks from each other, or one of your friends does. 0_0

senador

Banned
I like assassinations. I have 852 of them. Many of them are accidental though. I try to only do them if I am in the clear. My favorites are getting Jet Packers or someone in the air. That one where it smacks them down is awesome.

I hope they are in Halo 4 and work the same way, but also have an option to turn them off.

feel

lybertyboy said:
Just so you know, in Bungie's era this kind of unacceptable delay meant we got some sweet compensation. :)

Top Bottom