• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Ramirez

Anyone bought the OXM Halo special? I really found no information about it. :( The tease with the awesome art in the last OXM made me to want it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
KuGsj.gif

mzi.dkjxlyzp.170x170-75.jpg

Letters said:
This.

Gears 3 is doing it now, in this vid mad world starts playing in the start of the 2nd round
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbphZkgiFuA#t=108s

Really wish Halo did that in MP. I very much enjoyed it in ODST's firefight (it's probably there in Reach's too, don't really remember)

edit- Gears 3 looks so amazing. This console gen looked like it was peaking right at launch, but it has come so far.

Music is in Reach firefight and also in Invasion I believe.

Wow, that new Gridlock looks great.

Hypertrooper said:
Anyone bought the OXM Halo special? I really found no information about it. :( The tease with the awesome art in the last OXM made me to want it.
I got it like a month ago. Not sure if I still have it.

Is anyone else's favorite song in any Halo game "Neon Night" from ODST? I wouldn't mind if it was played at my funeral.

Not really, but it's still sooo good.

FyreWulff said:
I thought it played pretty well for the gametype.

Remember, there was BTB Midship in Halo 2..

So because there was a bad gametype in Halo 2 MM, that means it's okay to play seemingly bad gametypes in Reach?

-Yeti said:
Is anyone else's favorite song in any Halo game "Neon Night" from ODST? I wouldn't mind if it was played at my funeral.

Not really, but it's still sooo good.

I loved that song!

Marty is a genius, people have been posting up favorite Halo tracks and the sheer variety and amount is testament to how good the Halo music is.

VHFive your missing out by only listening to it once!

cory021

Neo Member
Trident and Mt. Lam Lam aren't that bad...

Renegade and Abridged on the other hand, 343 can go ahead and remove those from matchmaking anytime now.

Ramirez said:
I'd take BTB PH over Wayont, Trident, Mt Ram Ram, etc.

Yeah Powerhouse 8v8 is really not that crazy. It's a pretty large 4v4 map and as long as your team makes an effort to stay relatively spread out, its not really that cramped.

It certainly would have been more welcome to the BTB than Countdown was lol.

heckfu

Banned
cory021 said:
Trident and Mt. Lam Lam aren't that bad...

Renegade and Abridged on the other hand, 343 can go ahead and remove those from matchmaking anytime now.

Trident has AWFUL frame rate issues and Mt. Lam Lam is like playing a map created by a blind five year old child. No offense to the blind OR children.

FyreWulff

heckfu said:
Trident has AWFUL frame rate issues and Mt. Lam Lam is like playing a map created by a blind five year old child. No offense to the blind OR children.

I feel bad for missing Mt. Lam Lam coming through. I would have had the spawns fixed..

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
FyreWulff said:
I thought it played pretty well for the gametype.
Ramirez said:
I'd take BTB PH over Wayont, Trident, Mt Ram Ram, etc.
Huh. Guess I shouldn't knock it till I've tried it. Sounds cramped as hell, though.

Zeouterlimits said:
Perhaps it's because our group don't play Arena or MLG, but I'm not a fan of it.

Squad Slayer DMRs is great on it too.

MLG Zealot (dat nade launcher) > Arena Zealot > Zealot though.

Default Zealot is garbage.

Booshka

The Real Napsta said:
Squad Slayer DMRs is great on it too.

MLG Zealot (dat nade launcher) > Arena Zealot > Zealot though.

Default Zealot is garbage.
They need to replace the sword with the nade launcher in Arena Zealot.

GhaleonEB

I'm hoping there will be some discussion of playlist management in the Waypoint update today. If not in specific changes, then in timing and methodology.

Ramirez

omg.kittens said:
Huh. Guess I shouldn't knock it till I've tried it. Sounds cramped as hell, though.

I'm not saying it would be great, but BTB is so pathetic in its current state it couldn't be much worse.

JB1981

Powerhouse kind of reminds me of High Ground (even though the layout is pretty different), guess it's the color palette. I loved High Ground.

thezerofire said:
I got it like a month ago. Not sure if I still have it.
No, I didn't mean that. There is another one. Ehm.. OXM advertised it in the Halo CEA version with a Halo CE and Halo CEA graphic on a page for the Sep. 6.

TheOddOne said:
Is BTB that bad nowadays? Been playing Team Slayer exclusively but wanted to jump back to that playlist.
It's bad because of the FW maps.

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
Thing is, the default maps are not really better. Paradiso, Spire, Boneyard and Hemhorrage? Wayont has a lot of problems, but I'll take it over Spire and Paradiso.

I really hope the lesson of matching game type scope to map development budget is one 343 takes. Including Invasion and then having it cannibalize BTB was really unfortunate.

Gui_PT

I still don't understand why people complain about Spire.

Srsly, try 1 Bomb on Spire and then tell me how much it sucks.

Woorloog

Banned
Spire would be moderately playable with a few tweaks.
Does someone have the GAF gamertag list? I should probably send a few friend invites or something... Playing alone after having been in full GAF parties is horrible experience.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hypertrooper said:
FW maps don't help, but what really kills BTB is inconsistent vehicle health, DMRs destroying vehicles, overpowered Banshee, terrible spawns...

And the PEOPLE. BTB just brings out the douchebags and dipshits.

GhaleonEB

Gui_PT said:
I still don't understand why people complain about Spire.

Srsly, try 1 Bomb on Spire and then tell me how much it sucks.
I've never had a game on Spire that even bordered on fun. I don't ever recall playing 1-Bomb on it, though. Just Invasion, BTB snipers, 1-Flag, Slayer.

omg.kittens said:
FW maps don't help, but what really kills BTB is inconsistent vehicle health, DMRs destroying vehicles, overpowered Banshee, terrible spawns...

And the PEOPLE. BTB just brings out the douchebags and dipshits.
Yup. The vehicles will always set BTB way back in Reach. But even with the current set of options, BTB could be much better.

Things have been unchanged for two months now during the handoff, and I know 343 has been working on building their support team. But it's for these reasons that I'm growing anxious about when we'll start seeing what they plan to do.

Hopefully by the weekend I'll be marinating in Deus Ex, so I'm hoping by the time I'm through Reach's playlists have been given some love.

Top Bottom