• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
I'm surprised. Didn't you enjoy Arkham Asylum? Or are you waiting until it will go down in price? I know you said it got slightly repetitive towards the end, and that's true.
I did like Arkham Asylum, but not enough to override my interest in Deus Ex or Skyrim. I only have so much time, and I don't like to move on to new games before I'm really through with what I'm currently playing. I don't juggle games well; I prefer to soak one up, then move on.

I might pick it up next summer should I weary of Skyrim/Halo/XLBA games to tide me over before Halo 4 hits. That's the role the Arkham Asylum filled before for me.

Gabotron ES said:
Neato.

GhaleonEB said:
I did like Arkham Asylum, but not enough to override my interest in Deus Ex or Skyrim. I only have so much time, and I don't like to move on to new games before I'm really through with what I'm currently playing. I don't juggle games well; I prefer to soak one up, then move on.

I might pick it up next summer should I weary of Skyrim/Halo/XLBA games to tide me over before Halo 4 hits. That's the role the Arkham Asylum filled before for me.

Yeah I'm concerned about time to be able to play these games and I'm not getting near the list that some GAFers in here are getting.

Gears 3
BF3
Halo CEA
AC Revelations
Also, one of my roommates will get Skyrim for PS3, so I'll be playing that as well

With the Reach TU and BF3 beta hitting this month, I'm seriously concerned about ever playing Gears.

Donat

Neo Member
Gabotron ES said:

XF-063 is Onyx. So its probably Glasslands or Halo 4 related. Let's see where this goes.

The dates on the banner:

04-02-2491: The date Onyx was discovered.
07-18-2552: The battle of Sigma Octanus IV (2300h - maybe something to do with Côte d'Azur?)
07-19-2552: Don't know the distance between Sigma Octanus and Reach but maybe it's the date the Covenant discovered Reach.
08-01-2552: -
08-27-2552: The Spartans where given the mission to acquire a Covenant vessel and bring the Covenant leadership to Reach.

And 2553 is probably the year the file was written.

kylej

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
Get in a relationship with someone who isnt a money grabbing hoe?

Thats not to say i dont get gifts for her dont get me wrong, but we buy gifts for each other semi-regularly.

Both of you need to get off the dole and go pro.

Also, was going over the Ages of Man today in a Mythology class and I can't believe Bungie choked so hard with "Onyx". Top rank should've been Heroic or Demigod as per Hesiod.

Ramirez

Havok said:
Renting is my plan for that game. I've been suckered twice into buying one game with terrible multiplayer framework (Server browsers only work on consoles if you can join with a party of people, saying "Quick, join that Raven Down match with 5 players now!" sucks.) and one with a completely broken multiplayer component. I'm still not convinced that they've fixed any of the balance issues from the beta. No thanks. Those are things that Halo has spoiled me on.

Not going to make this a Gears thread, but Reach unspoiled me.

thezerofire said:
I have no defense. I'm a sucker for it.
images

Edit: Image posting fail. :(

stephen08

Game lists? Here's mine:

Gears of War 3
Batman Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Skyrim
Halo Anniversary
Zelda: Skyward Sword

Regular editions for each except Gears which will be the Limited one. Of course, it never seems to work out this simple. Stuff like Rage or even MW3 might get a purchase depending on word of mouth and critical performance.

Hey You

I assume if we install Anniversary to the HDD it will load faster and be quieter?
Edit:

Guess I'll post my list as well, Once I get some money:

Dead Island
Saints Row: The Third
Halo CEA
Modern Warfare 3
(Black ops Rezurrection DLC)
I've been wanting to get Plants vs Zombies on XBLA as well.

Extra:
New Console

Sai-kun

Banned
Edit: fuckfuckfuckfuckkkkk ^ WANT PLUSHIE

Edit 2: Awww yeeaaaaahhhhhh got dat plushie ordered :) Thanks, hypaaaa

For me...

Anniversary
BF3
MGSHD
Mario 3D
Dance Central 2
Assassin's Creed: Revelations

~Dance central 2 cannot wait omg~

wwm0nkey said:
the gif still seemed appropriate lol
on that note, I am glad of the tweaking of knifing in both BF3 and MW3. Playing Gun Game in Black Ops is awful because of the easy knife. Knife kills demote weapons in Gun Game because knifing is hard in CS. Not so much in cod

wwm0nkey

thezerofire said:
on that note, I am glad of the tweaking of knifing in both BF3 and MW3. Playing Gun Game in Black Ops is awful because of the easy knife. Knife kills demote weapons in Gun Game because knifing is hard in CS. Not so much in cod
Speaking of Counter Strike, I fully expect some of you to also be getting CS:GO

Halo 4, BF3 and Counter Strike = FPS heaven lol

Sai-kun

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
Speaking of Counter Strike, I fully expect some of you to also be getting CS:GO

Halo 4, BF3 and Counter Strike = FPS heaven lol

Oh snap you're right, I totally forgot about CS: GO. UNGHHH CANNOT WAIT. cs all over my face pls

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
I'd just like to note that Claude is a very classy guy, insanely generous with his time and personal resources. I'd love to see the look on his wife's face when the crate of plushies arrives.

(Dani, don't order one.)

Yeah, the dude just doesn't stop giving.

And, oh. Thanks! =)

GhaleonEB said:
I'd just like to note that Claude is a very classy guy, insanely generous with his time and personal resources. I'd love to see the look on his wife's face when the crate of plushies arrives.

(Dani, don't order one.)
He don't need one.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Definitely getting the special edition Skyward Sword. I don't have the motion plus and that gold controller is sexy.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Dani said:
Folks are all too ready to throw around "ARG" at the drop of a hat.
: shrug :

I just really enjoyed I Love Bees, and have been pining for a new ARG ever since. I'm a bit excitable as a result. :)

wwm0nkey

Sai-kun said:
Oh snap you're right, I totally forgot about CS: GO. UNGHHH CANNOT WAIT. cs all over my face pls
Really hope Microsoft decides not to be dumb with the whole Steam thing. I REALLY want Steam support in the 360 version of CS:GO. The ability to play against PS3 people would be awesome.

EDIT: With all the people with BF3 on their list I thought this picture from the Gaming side would be appropriate (from the trailer)

Picture
Be prepared to change pants.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
omg.kittens said:
: shrug:

I just really enjoyed I Love Bees, and have been pining for a new ARG ever since. I'm a bit excitable as a result. :)

Halo 2 and 3 had ARG events. Halo 4 is coming so... wait and see. =)

Hypertrooper said:
Wu is the man. Might have to do this.

My list:
Deus Ex: HR (got it - might be my favorite game of this generation)
Fifa 2012 (preordered)
Battlefield 3 (likely preordering today)
Anniversary (preordered)

Timeline-wise, they couldn't be set up any better: one release each month from August to November. Plus I've got a few games I still need to get through (Red Dead, Mirror's Edge, and Deus Ex) while I wait.

Guyz I discovered something today! AFK players can spend the whole match without moving a feet but they can instantly boot you when you accidentally betray them with your ghost, fucking awesome!

Gui_PT said:
Can't buy stuff that's not for sale in Europe
Same here bro :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Gabotron ES said:
Guyz I discovered something today! AFK players can spend the whole match without moving a feet but they can instantly boot you when you accidentally betray them with your ghost, fucking awesome!
Hahaha, I would rage so hard.

Guests have become my ultimate bane in Reach.

PS: I'm hopping on for a few games.

wwm0nkey

Gabotron ES said:
I think we can all agree that Halo's online booting system needs a massive revamp.

Also would like these changes too

-betraying system tracks damage done now, if a team mate does enough purposeful damage to you you can boot them
(there are some people who constantly damage you but never betray you)
-boot idle players after 2 minutes

Player Match only:
-players that leave or are booted can be replaced by other people trying to join (like Call of Duty)

Ranked Match:
-Players that get kicked for idling receive a penalty
-Players that betray and get booted receive a penalty

wwm0nkey said:
I think we can all agree that Halo's online booting system needs a massive revamp.

Also would like these changes too

-betraying system tracks damage done now, if a team mate does enough purposeful damage to you you can boot them
(there are some people who constantly damage you but never betray you)
-boot idle players after 2 minutes

Player Match only:
-players that leave or are booted can be replaced by other people trying to join (like Call of Duty)

Ranked Match:
-Players that get kicked for idling receive a penalty
-Players that betray and get booted receive a penalty
Also maybe have a choice of whether you want to be put into games halfway through.

feel

You're the best Claude!! Really nice of you to do that.

the one and only hitmonchan gifted me one already but I'll be sure to pass the word around

Top Bottom