• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

GhaleonEB

lybertyboy said:
They're still coming. Not sure about exact release date off the top of my head, but I believe they're coming as part of the next Waypoint web update.
Would love to learn more about them, and how the system works; what details are still not TBD at any rate.

(Shocking that I'd want to know more about Challenges, I know.)

lybertyboy said:
They're still coming. Not sure about exact release date off the top of my head, but I believe they're coming as part of the next Waypoint web update.
Do they earn you some cR when you complete them and will they actually be shown in-game?

TheOddOne

Well if everybody is giving out their gamertag, might as well pimp mine: TheOddOne187. Add me, look at my stats and laugh uncontrollably.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Also funny to think that the number of Team Slayer maps will almost double come November.
Not to toot your horn, but it is kind of strange (in a good way) to think that there'll be a bunch of new maps for Reach in 2 months.

Do wonder how well Headlong with work in zero-bloom, no AA Reach.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The Real Napsta said:
Are you counting all the forge world variants?

Sure, but more like discounting maps that aren't that great for TS, or ones I am bored of.

My YES PLEASE voting rotation will basically include all the new maps.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Zeouterlimits said:
Not to toot your horn, but it is kind of strange (in a good way) to think that there'll be a bunch of new maps for Reach in 2 months.

Do wonder how well Headlong with work in zero-bloom, no AA Reach.

Stay tuned to TGS stuff next week.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Ja

Also funny to think that the number of Team Slayer maps will almost double come November.
I will be lucky to play on the Anniversary ones, from my 335 and 179 games of BTB and Invasion respectively none of them were on Highlands or Breakpoint (my favorite invasion map).
Any chance we will see some changes on the actual DLC policy over matchmaking?

TheOddOne

OuterWorldVoice said:
tumblr_lqt807yCy71qh3j4zo1_400.gif

senador

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
Sure, but more like discounting maps that aren't that great for TS, or ones I am bored of.

My YES PLEASE voting rotation will basically include all the new maps.

Is this you discounting those mentally, or might we see some of the maps removed? Please yes.

OuterWorldVoice said:
OMG <3
Also, any chance once the TU drops we get some elite gametype variants like Elite CTF or Elite Assault, elite's health and shield system are superior, same with their movement and jump height.
They would play amazingly with no bloom settings, please.

Sai-kun

Banned
AlmostMilk said:
You have got to go with the classic Jack Daniels.

Agreed w/ this post. Also I just remembered I'm going to a party tonight. *sweeettt*

Gonna make some food and get online for a couple hours :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GAFCUSTOMSSEPT.png

1am BST - aprox. 4 hours 40mins from now*

*DLC required

Going to be slightly more conservative this week with the map selections. If anyone has something they want to bring along (I've seen one or two posted here this week, bring them along.

Details to join will come closer to the time.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so excited for the TU. I'm loving Reach as is, but yeah.

And new maps. Oh man, new maps. Headlong and Prisoner especially. <3

Do we want to make a map/gametype list for customs tonight or should we just bring them then?

Example:

Small/Medium Maps (~4v4)
Glaive - 2-flag CTF
Promenade - 1-flag CTF (might work for 8v8 too)

Large Maps (~8v8)
Uplands - 2-flag CTF
Bonezibar - 1-flag CTF

But with everyone else's maps, of course. Although I wouldn't mind testing Promenade as well (my crazy new Boardwalk variant for 1-flag).

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
ncsuDuncan said:
Do we want to make a map/gametype list for customs tonight or should we just bring them then?

Example:

Small/Medium Maps (~4v4)
Glaive - 2-flag CTF
Promenade - 1-flag CTF (might work for 8v8 too)

Large Maps (~8v8)
Uplands - 2-flag CTF
Bonezibar - 1-flag CTF

But with everyone else's maps, of course. Although I wouldn't mind testing Promenade as well (my crazy new Boardwalk variant for 1-flag).

I dunno. Lists are good.

Here's the maps I have lined up. The worst thing about lists is that if you use them then you want to stick to them. The actual amount of players present can change from game to game so it's not always possible to play certain maps. Guess we can try if you want. Also depends on how many folks are bringing maps. If everyone brings maps then we can't play on them all obviously.

--
Cladite
Created by a Polish Korean

Recommended Gametypes: MLG TS, MLG CTF (5 Flag), MLG Bomb (Sanctuary Bomb), MLG Team King, MLG Oddball
Recommended Players: 6-8
======
Gully
Created by ThrowinDemBows.

Recommended Players: 10-16
Recommended Gametypes: 3-Plots, Assault, Crazy King, King of the Hill, Multi Flag, Stockpile, Team Slayer, Territories
======
Warhorse

Recommended Players: 10-16
Recommended Gametypes: Team Slayer
======
Awesometown!
Created by Ladnil

Recommended Gametypes: All Competitive Gametypes, All MLG Gametypes
Recommended Players: 6-8

Dug

Banned
Can anyone find the image of Master Chief being surrounded by some type of dragon thing? I've been looking for the image but can't find it. :\

FyreWulff

Duncan's Highlands variant is pretty neat. Like the way he did the side-to-side mancannons, has a lot more fair Spartan Laser spawn.

ncsuDuncan said:
:lol I went to bed right before you guys started that 1 Flag on Boardwalk match last customs, what was so bad about it?

Looking to test your version Duncan, seriously most Reach maps would be much better with a few tweaks. Spire and Boneyard should have their objective placement changed and Spire's banshee removed too while Countdown should have its weapon layout changed (way too many kids camping the lifts with swords and shotguns).

Obviously this will never change, way too many changes for casuals to remember.

Homeboyd

Dani said:
GAFCUSTOMSSEPT.png

1am BST - aprox. 4 hours 40mins from now*

*DLC required

Going to be slightly more conservative this week with the map selections. If anyone has something they want to bring along (I've seen one or two posted here this week, bring them along.

Details to join will come closer to the time.
Will be there my man.

Havok

Gabotron ES said:
:lol I went to bed right before you guys started that 1 Flag on Boardwalk match last customs, what was so bad about it?
Asinine flag placement. Completely unsuited for 8v8, could be fine for 4v4 if the flag was fixed.

Duncan, you realize you have sniper, rockets, and grenade launcher within 10 feet of each other on your Boneyard variants, right? And a grenade launcher with five extra shots on either side of the Highlands map, 5 seconds away from each other with those mancannons, and a short-respawn shotgun with two extra clips right in the base? You know better than that.

blamite

MrBig said:
Just a reminder, xplay says they are having some sort of exclusive H4 preview after this commercial on G4.
If there's anything interesting, will it be online anywhere for easy watching? My dorm doesn't get G4.

Edit - okay nevermind

Top Bottom