• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

TheOddOne

Devolution said:
Thanks. Yesterday after class (which is 8:30 am - 3:00 pm) I went to my bf's pal's house and lanned reach till 11:30 pm (everyone there were either noobs or bks). Ate some sushi and burgers, drank some mimosas, and <insert female equivalent of donging too hard>. I came home exhausted, fell asleep then woke up with a headache and nausea.

Had like 2 vomiting episodes, the second of which was literally water. Awful. I managed to eat some chicken noodle soup earlier that I hope I can just digest since I haven't been able to eat anything all day otherwise.
Sushi x Burgers x Mimosas at certain quantities can F you up.

I mixed a big can of Red Bull, a bucket of KFC hotwings and (not even joking)big Slushie last week. Hours later, the aftermath was me vomiting for half and hour straight. My bud, who was with me at the time, also did the same portion and got sick too.

Get well soon!
Still tasting the aftermath of my vomit inducing day

Devolution said:
Thanks. Yesterday after class (which is 8:30 am - 3:00 pm) I went to my bf's pal's house and lanned reach till 11:30 pm (everyone there were either noobs or bks). Ate some sushi and burgers, drank some mimosas, and <insert female equivalent of donging too hard>. I came home exhausted, fell asleep then woke up with a headache and nausea.

Had like 2 vomiting episodes, the second of which was literally water. Awful. I managed to eat some chicken noodle soup earlier that I hope I can just digest since I haven't been able to eat anything all day otherwise.

Femidong like donkey kong hard and long, Get well soon.

Damn blue ninja NICE!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GAFCUSTOMSSEPT.png

Starting Now!*

*DLC required

Message GT: Slightly Live to join.

heckfu

Banned
Getting on for a bit. UNLESS IT'S TOO LATE.

edit: damnit. too late. going to listen to my new Daft Punk vinyl and wait in the lobby.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
GhaleonEB said:
Deus Ex is in the house. Be back in a few weeks.
You'll love it. It and Space Marine have been big, wonderful surprises for me these past weeks. The wait for November seems so much easier now.

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Kyle, that your dog?

Cinnamon on left and Bandit on right.

Its not stomping on guests. Its the perfect game. No deaths 75-0. and that demands dogs!

Nah, not mine. This is my little man Tim.

IMG_0053(1).JPG

There he is at Dong Mission Control at my mom's place during the summer. Dachshund supremacy.

GhaleonEB

Gui_PT said:
I cannot understand why people would camp in custom games.

With evade.

And shotgun.

Why is evade + shotgun in a custom game? Avoiding stuff like that is what custom games should be for.

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
Why is evade + shotgun in a custom game? Avoiding stuff like that is what custom games should be for.

Beats me. I've been camped on with stuff like this in every match so far.

Gui_PT

Tunavi said:
GAF Reach Customs just...aren't fun at all.

Yeah I appreciate letting me join but this was seriously worse than Match Making.

Not because of the maps/gametypes but because of the way some of you people play.

I mean, we're playing CTG in Highlands and half of their team won't even leave their base.

Turrible. Just turrible.

MrBig

Gui_PT said:
I mean, we're playing CTG in Highlands and half of their team won't even leave their base.

Turrible. Just turrible.
Yes. Please stop that red team.

We need to cap some customs at 5v5.

Tunavi

Banned
MrBig said:
We need to cap some customs at 5v5.
This. 8v8 reach just sucks

We should do 2 games of 5v5. That way we can get 20 people in customs at the same time. Do it by country for best connection. Profit

Booshka

Tunavi said:
This. 8v8 reach just sucks
I think it would be better if some of GAF just ran community 8's in the MLG playlist. Good gametypes and settings, but without all the tryhards and randoms, and you get Credits!

Gui_PT

I try not to complain because we have a lot of that already, but..

I was spawn camped, teleporter camped, shotgun camped, shotgun+evade camped, rocket camped...

Why would... Why?

Customs are for fun. They're not for winning or having a positive k/d (actually, this applies to MM too, but that's a different case)

Just play the game! I literally have a headache from not being able to do anything in the matches because of the camping :lol

I remember Halo 3 customs. Man, those were fun. People joined in and played just because it was fun.
I even remember a few games on Valhalla with Dax where we'd enter the enemy's base and ask for permission to pick up their flag before taking it :lol

Sorry for the mini rant.

Homeboyd

squidhands said:
Not until the 19th. Thanks for thinking of me, though. :)
Ahh good deal. No problem! Just wondering what the deal was... I couldn't remember the date (or if you ever said it)

PS (everyone): We have some room in customs

Oh yeah. It looks like I have to foresee in custom... Aim for the head, oh no shoot don't get recognize, because the enemy is already at another position... No fun for me...

My only issue is I hate playing the games in which I have to scour the earth to find people to slay. At some point I'd rather play a chaotic stupid ass game with 16 people on a tiny piece of shit, then play where's waldo only to get donged from some random area 100 yards away.

Havok

Hypertrooper said:
Oh yeah. It looks like I have to foresee in custom... Aim for the head, oh no shoot don't get recognize, because the enemy is already at another position... No fun for me...
That game was pretty laggy. I noticed both of us jumping around a lot in our firefights.

Devolution said:
My only issue is I hate playing the games in which I have to scour the earth to find people to slay. At some point I'd rather play a chaotic stupid ass game with 16 people on a tiny piece of shit, then play where's waldo only to get donged from some random area 100 yards away.

I hard lol'd

Devolution said:
Capture the flag on Beaver Creek ftw!

Retro

Devolution said:

ForgeGAF's first Testing Meetup had a map comprised entirely of one concave satellite dish suspended just over water. The game type had zero damage, ultra low gravity, no jumping and Gravity Hammers as the starting (and only) weapon.

The only way to win was to use the gravity hammer to knock people off the dish and into the drink. We had something like 12 people playing at once. Chaos ensued and it was glorious.

feel

Amazing pics Blue Ninja!! Thank you! I adore ODST.

unrelated:
played some Reach... is it Anniversary MP time yet?? :(

I've been destroying and practically winning every match tonight and it still feels miserable. No satisfaction from combat at all except for the random funny Halo moment here and there. Can't wait for the Headlong/Classic stuff at tgs, hopefully there's some good footage and it shines a bright light in the future of the franchise.

Willeth

Sorry for jumping in and bailing immediately, guys - my joining unbalanced the teams, and I was cleaning up my seven games for today anyway.

Tunavi

Banned
Ghaleon kept talking about he would never stop playing Deus Ex for weeks.
Yeah well my twitter is blowing up with him hating on the game LOL

Homeboyd

Tunavi said:
Ghaleon kept talking about he would never stop playing Deus Ex for weeks.
Yeah well my twitter is blowing up with him hating on the game LOL
Haha at this point it's just play which game you hate the least

Top Bottom