• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

kylej

Banned
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=792194733&player=jelyk

tumblr_ktt08jUmhk1qzpwi0o1_500(1).jpg

Cleansed

Homeboyd

Zeouterlimits said:
Not at all suprising, but what was the one sentence?
:lol I was just kidding.. considering there was literally zero new or exclusive info.. I figured there had to be a sentence or 2 in there that we never heard before based on the arrangement of the words.

Like, Im sure we heard "Halo 4 will be a good game" somewhere before..

So, if xplay said "Man, Halo 4! This will be a good game!" technically it would be something new about Halo 4.

I can't figure out why they thought they had something exclusive there.

Edit:
kylej said:
I posted something about me going fairly positive the other day and was run out of town because there was a guest on the other team. Prepare yourself.

Booshka

Homeboyd said:
I posted something about me going fairly positive the other day and was run out of town because there was a guest on the other team. Prepare yourself.
Bro, I was joking, I posted stats of a 50-0 game with guests in it a few days ago. Everybody goes huge against Guests, but it is still fun to brag about games where you slaughter a team.

Havok said:
Duncan, you realize you have sniper, rockets, and grenade launcher within 10 feet of each other on your Boneyard variants, right? And a grenade launcher with five extra shots on either side of the Highlands map, 5 seconds away from each other with those mancannons, and a short-respawn shotgun with two extra clips right in the base? You know better than that.
Hmm, I'll take another look at the weapon placement on Boneyard. I know which ones you're talking about and yes they do need to be adjusted.

As for Highlands, I suppose it would be prudent to reduce the Grenade Launcher ammo slightly (although that's partly offset by removing the Plasma Launcher). I'll increase the respawn on the shotguns and reduce the ammo to 1 extra clip.

Thanks for the input.

Homeboyd

Booshka said:
Bro, I was joking, I posted stats of a 50-0 game with guests in it a few days ago. Everybody goes huge against Guests, but it is still fun to brag about games where you slaughter a team.
Yeah I was too.

Consistency is what I strive for.

Kyle, that your dog?

Cinnamon on left and Bandit on right.

Its not stomping on guests. Its the perfect game. No deaths 75-0. and that demands dogs!

001.jpg

Retro

Alright, I've looked over the last three days of the thread, did I imagine it or did somebody say that Halo:CE A will include the previous DLC map packs from Reach?

I could have sworn it was mentioned but now I can't find it and I'm beginning to suspect I'm going mad from WAIT WHO'S TEETH ARE THESE IN MY MOUTH?

Homeboyd

Retro said:
Alright, I've looked over the last three days of the thread, did I imagine it or did somebody say that Halo:CE A will include the previous DLC map packs from Reach?

I could have sworn it was mentioned but now I can't find it and I'm beginning to suspect I'm going mad from WAIT WHO'S TEETH ARE THESE IN MY MOUTH?
Yeah someone quoted from the OXM magazine that you could download ALL Reach maps with a code in the CEA box. Not sure whether that's been actually confirmed yet.. but thats what it said.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Homeboyd said:
Yeah someone quoted from the OXM magazine that you could download ALL Reach maps with a code in the CEA box. Not sure whether that's been actually confirmed yet.. but thats what it said.

Incorrect. You can download the Anniversary maps to your HDD, that is all. If you alreadY HAVE Reach, you can launch all the maps from your Reach menu, including Anniversary.

Retro

Homeboyd said:

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you.

Also; false alarm. I asked and through two smiling spokes-teeth, my molars and bicuspids proclaimed to be mine, unless they're lying to me through their teeth.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Incorrect. You can download the Anniversary maps to your HDD, that is all. If you alreadY HAVE Reach, you can launch all the maps from your Reach menu, including Anniversary.

So there's no sense in waiting and I might as well pony up the dough for the DLC maps now, eh? I was hoping it would be like ODST and I could just replace my Reach disc with CE: A for multiplayer purposes.

Homeboyd

OuterWorldVoice said:
No Im just saying what someone quoted. I never saw the magazine...

Don't blame the messenger's messenger.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Homeboyd said:
No Im just saying what someone quoted. I never saw the magazine...

Don't blame the messenger's messenger.

Don't blame the clarifier of the muddied message's messenger.

Tunavi

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
Awesome functionality is awesome.

OuterWorldVoice said:

I think i helped partake in the muddying of the message, i quoted the quote from OXM.com saying Map DLC confirmed., Wouldnt this mean people could disk share so they dont have to pay for the DLC?

Homeboyd

OuterWorldVoice said:
You know you have to say something 1000 times minimum before it's understood by the majority.. By my count the explanation of the disc and the maps it comes with have only been explained in the 8-900 range.

Now, join me in some blaining on the beautiful FW maps in TS. Nao.

Booshka

People aren't going to know what the fuck is in CEA until the disc is in their Xbox. Even then they will still be confused.

Kujo

OuterWorldVoice said:
If you alreadY HAVE Reach, you can launch all the maps from your Reach menu, including Anniversary.
So is it a code in the CEA box you use to download the maps to play in Reach or do you have to install CEA to your HDD for Reach to detect somehow?

Got a glorious amount of ODST screenshots, lets hope they make an equally glorious amount of ODST panoramas.

And there's a lot of screenshot potential still out there, too.

cory021

Neo Member
Blue Ninja said:
Got a glorious amount of ODST screenshots, lets hope they make an equally glorious amount of ODST panoramas.

And there's a lot of screenshot potential still out there, too.
I'm assuming you got one of the ending where the city's being glassed? Easily my favorite scene in the game.

MrBig

cory021 said:
I'm assuming you got one of the ending where the city's being glassed? Easily my favorite scene in the game.
That scene is terrible low poly and there's no way to get out there with the camera while anything interesting is happening.

StalkerUKCG said:
the what?
It is possible for all 5 players on a Squad Slayer team to get a perfection. Hence, Pentfection.

Frankie, will it be possible to access all Reach multiplayer and Firefight maps from the Anniversary disc if we have the Games on Demand version of Halo: Reach (as well as the Noble and Defiant Map Packs)?

cory021

Neo Member
MrBig said:
That scene is terrible low poly and there's no way to get out there with the camera while anything interesting is happening.
You don't have to have the scene encompass the entire panorama. You could make the focal point the Scorpion (or whatever vehicle you're driving at that point), and just have the glassing at the edge or the top of the picture.

MrBig

cory021 said:
You don't have to have the scene encompass the entire panorama. You could make the focal point the Scorpion (or whatever vehicle you're driving at that point), and just have the glassing at the edge or the top of the picture.
Oh, I thought you were referring to the scene where they were glassing the planet with an aerial shot, not the play area.

On a semi-related note, I found out that Reach compresses screenshots when they are saved, not when they are uploaded. That sucks, I was hoping to extract uncompressed shots for some anniversary map panos.

There any customs today? I may or may not play, if I do and randomly go afk it's because the toilet is beckoning me (I think have some sort of food poisoning).

MrBig said:
I've been there. Well, the glassing itself occurs completely outside of the map, but it's possible to see it when you use pan-cam. It's definitely on my to-do list, but I just did the first two parts of Coastal Highway (and a small part of Kikowani Station) today. Here's what I've got.

First one (well, first three) isn't so great, I tried getting closer to the "crater" you can see if you fly up during Kikowani Station. It's definitely something that looks better on one screenshot, I think.

This one had a potential for greatness, but unfortunately the one Banshee in the center getting fucked during screenshot-taking kinda ruins it. I might go back and photoshop it in, but I didn't have enough time now.

This one has some awkward proportions, and it feels like the cruiser's got it's nose pressed up against the camera, but it is kinda cool.

This one is pretty cool. I finally got a good look at the other side of the Mombasa island and the city there.

By the way, did any of you ever notice the ONI HQ so close to Coastal Highway? I had no idea. :lol

(Yes, I will turn the cityscape in the background into a panorama of most epic proportions, or die trying.)

Here's where stuff gets really cool. I really like the way this one turned out:

And, well I love the others, too.

As always, click for embiggenifyingness.

MrBig said:
Oh, I thought you were referring to the scene where they were glassing the planet with an aerial shot, not the play area.

On a semi-related note, I found out that Reach compresses screenshots when they are saved, not when they are uploaded. That sucks, I was hoping to extract uncompressed shots for some anniversary map panos.
Yeah, I noticed that too. It sucks.

Hypertrooper said:
I hope you get well soon.

Thanks. Yesterday after class (which is 8:30 am - 3:00 pm) I went to my bf's pal's house and lanned reach till 11:30 pm (everyone there were either noobs or bks). Ate some sushi and burgers, drank some mimosas, and <insert female equivalent of donging too hard>. I came home exhausted, fell asleep then woke up with a headache and nausea.

Had like 2 vomiting episodes, the second of which was literally water. Awful. I managed to eat some chicken noodle soup earlier that I hope I can just digest since I haven't been able to eat anything all day otherwise.

Top Bottom