• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Bro Slayer on Countdown? With randoms? What could go wrong? Oh host quit. Now it's reflections, four versus two.

senador

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
Bro Slayer on Countdown? With randoms? What could go wrong? Oh host quit. Now it's reflections, four versus two.
Fix yo shit 343

No but seriously, the Halo community is so bad now. :(

Syracuse022 said:
Love those. I've even gotten a double kill extermination. Good old Team Objective: long respawns are looong.

Love that post because Team Objective respawns aren't actually that long compared to MLG objective. It places the emphasis more on objective and deprioritizes slaying. We played a game earlier that we did good slaying in Pinnacle but by the time we got to the flag they had respawned yet we were still weak..

I didn't quite understand it

I didnt realize how hard it was to cap on Pinnacle cause usually I play bad kids, and me kly and zerofire went in and had a random against a team of 4 'decent' kids.

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Love that post because Team Objective respawns aren't actually that long compared to MLG objective. It places the emphasis more on objective and deprioritizes slaying. We played a game earlier that we did good slaying in Pinnacle but by the time we got to the flag they had respawned yet we were still weak..

I didn't quite understand it

I didnt realize how hard it was to cap on Pinnacle cause usually I play bad kids, and me kly and zerofire went in and had a random against a team of 4 'decent' kids.

Those kids were 100% Genuine Bad Kid with a coating of half-decent teamwork. We tied with a blind randy. Consider them cleansed.

Tonight I officially start my first project for Intro to Digital Animation. I'm going to give a nice tribute to Marty, and make a really cool sound visualizer in After Effects, I'll be sure to post the results here.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Ok random team slayer party, let's do this thing.
I actually happened to be on at the same time you were and tried to invite you.

This is the second time this week I have been able to play. (Slowly getting more free time),

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:
The game as it stands is one of the best FPS ever made.

Obviously people can't wait for the next match to start so they just quit the previous one.

senador

Banned
I went into SWAT to get the small arms challenge and I am close on advancing to gold on that commendation. They voted SWAT Magnums on Uncaged. Whatever. We lost, I did OK, but had experienced some pretty shitty spawns. I snipped out 4 vids.

I get the First Strike, then spawn down on sniper as a dude runs at me.

Shortly after that I am running up middle ramp and looked away just in time to have one come around the corned and assassinate me. Fine whatever, my bad. Then several guys spawn while and just after I die. Its fine since I am dead. But what if I had lived? I would have been fucked anyway.

A little bit later I am running up to corner tower to have 2-3 guys spawn as I pass it. I took out a few but didn't realize another was there.

Then, near the end of the round as several red guys are spawning at corner tower, I get spawned there too and assassinated.

I really wish spawns would be reworked for Reach. If not, Halo 4 better have a helluva spawn system with good setups for each map. I am tired of this spawn bullshit. :(

Sai-kun

Banned
Oozer3993 said:
A year ago, Sai-kun was already playing Reach and we watched as a hacker was banned live on UStream. Good times.

Yup, it's been just over a year :) I probably hyped up the game too much since I got it a bit early, but despite all the flaws I see in it now and everything about it that frustrates me, nothing beats sitting down and playing with you all and just having a blast with the game.

heckfu

Banned
Sai-kun said:
Yup, it's been just over a year :) I probably hyped up the game too much since I got it a bit early, but despite all the flaws I see in it now and everything about it that frustrates me, nothing beats sitting down and playing with you all and just having a blast with the game.

brb. suing gamestop.

wwm0nkey

Demoncarnotaur said:
Awesome! That is a really, really nice move by him.

By the way, anyone see the pic of a Elite from that fan film Halo Faith?

304418_267889456568005_181345861889032_953485_1562771194_n.jpg

Honestly, Im surprised, it looks pretty decent.. Not bad at all. That said, I want a real, live action Halo movie though.

If all goes according to plan, I may or may not direct a Halo fan project in about a year. That said, I may put it off for other projects of my own creation.
Ok that elite looks pretty awesome

TheOddOne

OuterWorldVoice said:
Yesterday 5 out of 20 matches I played this happend to me. I really don't give a shit about being banned for 15 minutes for quiting then, saves me from having a angry german kid moment.

Gui_PT

OuterWorldVoice said:

Yeah, it makes you think "Gawd, who the hell worked on this game?"

vl8QG.gif

Aaah, around this time last year, I got my Halo Reach ending spoiled, without me actually believing it was true. Fucking online streams :lol

And does anyone know if that Halo 4 talk from Xplay will be live streamed?

Striker

Barrow Roll said:
Then fix it, don't scrap it.
Like Backwash getting its camo removed instead of the entire map wiped out of MM, or the Banshee in Containment instead of fixing the hole in the ceiling (never did read more info about that piece from Bungie), or fixing the horrid melee lunge when shooting Maulers rather than deplete the already desolated weapon sandbox? Nah!

FyreWulff said:
Oh wait, it's a Devin Olsen post.
So you're saying it's most likely not relevant to the thread, or probably about some mindless picture or rant?

OuterWorldVoice said:
Full team of armor lockers camping your spawn points with sword and shotgun in 3, 2, 1...

Demoncarnotaur said:
Awesome! That is a really, really nice move by him.

By the way, anyone see the pic of a Elite from that fan film Halo Faith?

304418_267889456568005_181345861889032_953485_1562771194_n.jpg

Honestly, Im surprised, it looks pretty decent.. Not bad at all. That said, I want a real, live action Halo movie though.

If all goes according to plan, I may or may not direct a Halo fan project in about a year. That said, I may put it off for other projects of my own creation.
I really can't see the face...

Halo: Helljumper, Halo: Operation Chasity and Halo: Faith. A lot of fan films...

Hypertrooper said:

Halo: Helljumper, Halo: Operation Chasity and Halo: Faith. A lot of fan films...
Increase the bright of your monitor/smartphone, I just did it and god, it looks gorgeous!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
OuterWorldVoice said:
Drop in drop out Halo 4. It's made Space Marine's MP fun, barring small problems with the speed of matchmaking.

But in the interim, just make a perfect playlist update that gets rid of these joke gametypes on maps that aren't suited for it. And make per-map specific loadouts! We'll all love you for it, you'll feel warm inside.

Lyphen said:
But in the interim, just make a perfect playlist update that gets rid of these joke gametypes on maps that aren't suited for it. And make per-map specific loadouts! We'll all love you for it, you'll feel warm inside.
This, also make Invasion 2 local players max and add community maps (there are some awesome ones), Invasion as it is now is just Spire and Boneyard with the occasional Invasion Slayer on Paradiso
aka: three snipers at once on the same map camping the mountain

kylej said:
Those kids were 100% Genuine Bad Kid with a coating of half-decent teamwork. We tied with a blind randy. Consider them cleansed.

I liked when I got a triple kill when they had pulled flag and then I got double beatdown by the fourth guy, they started spawning little tower and our random was like the only one alive to stop flag and he was getting shot at, standing still, trying to activate his camo which kept getting messed up because he was getting shot at, yet he continued to try and camo and was literally not moving.

Classic move but it just didn't payout like he wanted it to.

Fucking bad kid.

Hypertrooper said:

It's difficult to make out. At first I thought the Elite was wearing a porkpie hat, but now I can tell that it has it's mouth wide open.

Tunavi said:
Infection is pretty fun if you think of it like a firefight mode. Much better than firefight.
HpWC5.gif

Risen

Devin Olsen said:
PS we haven't played reach together in a while. I miss hearing your kid asking you to pick a map solely based on the fact that it has rockets. Lol

Play time has been hit or miss due to work.

I'm on now... bring it.

JUICES!... quit sitting in lobby.

Top Bottom