• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Devolution said:
They nerfing that pistol yet? It's great that someone can just camp around corners and spam it.

The voting tonight I just can't.

I'm not sure if the Zero bloom pistol is going to be anywhere in MM starting Tuesday. The Anniversary gametypes have the CE Magnum, and the other TU gametypes are the 85% bloom ones I think.

urk said:
I'm still here, plotting and scheming. You'd have to staple my nuts to a cannonball and pack double powder to get me out of the studio. :)

You'll know the new guy's name, but I'll let him handle the introductions.

I'd ask why, but I already know the answer, it's just the beard talking.

Totally sucked in the TU Beta, but at least Devo and the others didn't criticize my shitastic performance :)

Good games (well, some of them anyway lol)

And can someone add my GT to the HaloGAF GT Google Doc (Lazykarl20)?

I don't think I'm on the list either, so if you could add mine while you're at it, Devo, that'd be great.

BlueNinja BE

I'm too busy playing Skyrim at the moment, did they give out map codes or something?

GhaleonEB

Hitmonchan107 said:
That is ridiculous.
There's a perk for 15x damage from sneak. Oh. Yeah. My bow does 3x damage currently from sneak. Plus flame damage. Plus (usually) poison. Most enemies just crumple up into a pile after the first arrow lands, like paper dolls hit with a dart.

I think the skills do actually improve, it's not all tied to perks.

I've 30 quests and misc. tasks lined up. Just joined the Thieves Guild and I'm still just getting warmed up with the game. Just bonkers.
Slightly Live said:
Me too. So much praise for this series and now I can see why.
Dude. So glad you got it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Tashi0106 said:
Why does the combat look so robotic and shitty in Skyrim? Or is that just me.

It's an rpg. The graphics aren't even supposed to represent what you're doing, but rather what you're 'earning.'

GhaleonEB said:
There's a perk for 15x damage from sneak. Oh. Yeah. My bow does 3x damage currently from sneak. Plus flame damage. Plus (usually) poison. Most enemies just crumple up into a pile after the first arrow lands, like paper dolls hit with a dart.

I think the skills do actually improve, it's not all tied to perks.

I've 30 quests and misc. tasks lined up. Just joined the Thieves Guild and I'm still just getting warmed up with the game. Just bonkers.

Dude. So glad you got it.
I'm still beating the crap out of dudes with my sword and shield. All the blocking perks have made my bashing attacking a move to be feared. If it doesn't disarm them, it'll still stagger them and deal a shit ton of damage.

At least if the enemy isn't a Bandit Chief, Dragon or Draugr Deathlord. Those fuckers are insane.

Also, Halo is cool, you guys. Decided I'll go and pick up Anniversary after all, just not from the store I pre-ordered it from, that'd be too much of a detour. I'll just make a quick stop in Ghent tomorrow.

Barrow Roll said:
All this Skyrim talk is making me want to get Demon's Souls. How does that even work, I don't know.
a2ytrdt7pi.gif

And thanks, Devo!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
OuterWorldVoice said:
It's an rpg. The graphics aren't even supposed to represent what you're doing, but rather what you're 'earning.'
That's what it looks like but I don't agree with that. Makes me think about how dumb it must be to fight a badass dragon. Maybe it's cool with spells and shit though. Meh, I'm sure the whole experience is good.

Blue Ninja said:
http://www.abload.de/img/a2ytrdt7pi.gif
I think it has something to do with me wanting to play a fantasy/medieval style game that I can sink a bunch of time into but not being able to bring myself to getting Skyrim on consoles since I'll always know how much better it is on PC. And my PC stinks so that's not an option right now. And GAF praises Demon's Souls so fucking hard that I think I just have to try it. Plus it's like $20 bucks now.

Tashi0106 said:
That's what it looks like but I don't agree with that. Makes me think about how dumb it must be to fight a badass dragon. Maybe it's cool with spells and shit though. Meh, I'm sure the whole experience is good.

The clunkiness of combat in RPG's has always bothered me, but when a game is that good like Skyrim (*cough* I think it's A Song of Ice and Fire, and my character will reflect that*), it's not really that big of a deal.

I could not get into Fallout 3 because the combat was so incredibly shitty.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Steelyuhas said:
The clunkiness of combat in RPG's has always bothered me, but when a game is that good like Skyrim (*cough* I think it's A Song of Ice and Fire, and my character will reflect that*), it's not really that big of a deal.

I could not get into Fallout 3 because the combat was so incredibly shitty.
I feel like I should play it, as a hardcore gamer. But I know I won't beat it, I'll get too side tracked and I'll stop playing it. Always happens to me with huge open world games.

Sordid

Trueskilled! I know k/d isn't a complete indication of skill but in that game players ranged from 0.47 to 1.97. Does trueskill think throwing a few shit players in each team with few decent ones makes the teams balanced? Ugh.

In the next game everyone was European except one guy from Colombia and his guest. Guess who got host :lol we managed to win but it was absolutely awful. I really hope new playlists are decent, Reach is really trying to put me off atm.

I wish people would stop condoning Bethesda's 'iterative' games by buying them.

Barrow Roll said:
All this Skyrim talk is making me want to get Demon's Souls. How does that even work, I don't know.
It works because you are a considerate and decent human and I respect you.

Sordid said:
Trueskilled! I know k/d isn't a complete indication of skill but in that game players ranged from 0.47 to 1.97. Does trueskill think throwing a few shit players in each team with few decent ones makes the teams balanced? Ugh.

Yes, yes it does. That's exactly how it operates in Reach.
I've seen some bad k/d's in my day but even I was shocked by those on your team.

Barrow Roll said:

All this Skyrim talk is tempting me heavily but I know there's no point since I'm pumping many hours into Dark Souls and I simply won't have time, especially as I try to get a few hours of Halo in as well.

The gaming cocoon is prepped for Anniversary.

Shake Appeal said:
It works because you are a considerate and decent human and I respect you.
I'm glad I could appeal to your shakiness. I'm picking up a copy on Tuesday but I probably won't play it until after CEA and Zelda: SS. Really looking forward to seeing what the fuss is all about though, I'm going in nearly blind.

Ah yess a pistol weekly challenge for the release of Anniversary. Can't wait!

I'd post the t-Rex.gif but I'm on mobile.

What the hell am I still doing awake?

JMizzlin

Will the Reach achievements update without downloading the new maps? Wouldn't mind starting on the new Defiant ones before CEA takes all my time.

Blue Ninja said:
Also, Halo is cool, you guys. Decided I'll go and pick up Anniversary after all, just not from the store I pre-ordered it from, that'd be too much of a detour. I'll just make a quick stop in Ghent tomorrow.
You were very worried that I would unfollow you on Twitter, weren't you?

ElzarTheBam said:
Any ETA on the anniversary playlist today for us Europeans? Or will I have to run customs again for today?
I think it's going to go up at the same time for everyone. I'm trying to unlock some of those new achievements in Premium Battle, atm.

FyreWulff

As a side note:

If you want a true canvas for Ridgeline, you're gonna have to wait for the Timberlands variant in matchmaking.

You can delete the side buildings on the map, and delete the healthpacks in them, but you can't delete the healthpack holder.. so it just floats there, mocking you.

HiredN00bs said:
I think it's going to go up at the same time for everyone. I'm trying to unlock some of those new achievements in Premium Battle, atm.

Yeah, I should of said what time it goes up for everyone? Early evening for you could mean early morning tomorrow for me.

Also didn't realise you get the achievements already for reach, this pleases me.

FyreWulff said:
As a side note:

If you want a true canvas for Ridgeline, you're gonna have to wait for the Timberlands variant in matchmaking.

You can delete the side buildings on the map, and delete the healthpacks in them, but you can't delete the healthpack holder.. so it just floats there, mocking you.
People with the Anniversary disc have the classic map variants built-in. Elzar loaded each one of them up for me so I could save them yesterday. Did you need Timberland?

Ken

Barrow Roll said:
I'm glad I could appeal to your shakiness. I'm picking up a copy on Tuesday but I probably won't play it until after CEA and Zelda: SS. Really looking forward to seeing what the fuss is all about though, I'm going in nearly blind.
Why not Dark Souls while the North American online population is still high?

Ugh, re-re-re-pre-ordered Anniversary. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.

FyreWulff

HiredN00bs said:
People with the Anniversary disc have the classic map variants built-in. Elzar loaded each one of them up for me so I could save them yesterday. Did you need Timberland?

I need all of them. Can you be on in 10 mins or so?

Risen

Tashi0106 said:
I feel like I should play it, as a hardcore gamer. But I know I won't beat it, I'll get too side tracked and I'll stop playing it. Always happens to me with huge open world games.

No... as a hardcore gamer you should come play MW3 with me and Micallus... we wreck.

feel

PsychoRaven said:
As long as they are who didn't.

Halogaf
There's still hope for Halo 4, we need to put a stop to all criticism immediately, it's the only way.

Unrelated:
How handsome are Frank O'Connor and David Ellis? I mean dayum!!

Top Bottom