• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Barrow Roll said:
I think it should definitely be something from the Halo 1 soundtrack. How long are you expecting the trailer/montage to be?
3-4 minutes tops

And Devo, you're right it usually is but there are a few. I wish I didn't use Uphill Both Way Remix for the Defiant Map Pack lol

heckfu

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
GmKjN.jpg
... so true /sarcasm
Slut!

If we get credit mentions i want to be StalkerUKCG Inspiration and Mentor "He who started the trend"

I'm curious as to how you got a picture of me drunk in a christmas sweater wearing a gold medal.

edit: oh my rapter account. you sneaky devil.

Devolution said:
Honestly Halo music is too campaign oriented to me to be used in something as fast paced as multiplayer. But that's just my opinion.
YOU ARE WRONG.

Although the music is from Halo Legends. Nevertheless, I love this trailer oh so very much even if it does feature lots of scrubby gameplay.

Barrow Roll said:
YOU ARE WRONG.

Although the music is from Halo Legends. Nevertheless, I love this trailer oh so very much even if it does feature lots of scrubby gameplay.
The original notes are from Halo 2. :) Otherwise the music fits for a montage, but during a match... I don't know.

TheOddOne

StalkerUKCG said:
Marty o'donnell is kicking himself he didnt think of that for ODST. womp womp du du daaa womp womp
I keep hearing Jeff from Giantbomb doing the womp womp sound. It's freaking hilarious.

FyreWulff

Anniversary Firefight (v1)

I'm pretty happy with this version. Retweaked the skull progression a bit. Made the initial wave a bit less grunty. Turned Map Hazards off because while it spawns the marines, it also allows Brutes to be dropped in via drop pod, so that kinda ruins the theming and had to go.

Also just for giggles, I set up the Elite loadouts and coloring to be themed for Anniversary - they're forced to Gold coloring, with one PR/Needler loadout w/ no AA and a Camo loadout with Sword. Not really designed to be a Versus gametype but it's there.

daedalius

So, trying to decide between a 55" and 60" Panasonic Plasma TV at this very moment, anyone want to throw in any suggestions?

Also just finished my replay of Reach to get ready for CEA ;) are there any ways to blow up those Scarabs on the Package? The Ark and the Covenant are way more epic in terms of level scope.

Tashi0106 said:
Ugh come on bro
<3

Anyway, I played through the Reach campaign to help get me more hyped for Anniversary. As it stands, here's my rankings on the levels:
1. New Alexandria
2. Exodus
3. Tip of the Spear
4. Nightfall
5. Oni Sword Base
6. Long Night of Solace
7. The Pillar of Autumn
8. Winter Contingency
9. The Package

Playing Halo Reach made me realize I miss the Brutes from Halo 3. I know that's an unpopular opinion, but that game had my favorite campaign(terrible, horrible, no good, very bad Cortana level aside). I say Reach is more consistently good with no outright BAD levels, but New Alexandria aside, nothing great either, or at least on par with Tsavo Highway, The Covenant, or The Ark. The whole campaign has a feeling of waiting around for it to become great, hoping the levels will start to knock you on your ass with the epic scale and whatnot, but besides a couple brief glimpses of brilliance, it never actually does. Feels more like the sequel to ODST, a cheaper-budget spinoff then a full-fledged Halo prequel.

But I guess that's what Halo 4 is for.

daedalius said:
So, trying to decide between a 55" and 60" Panasonic Plasma TV at this very moment, anyone want to throw in any suggestions?

Also just finished my replay of Reach to get ready for CEA ;)
Get the 60" if you have the money why settle for smaller?

Karl2177

ViewtifulJC said:
Playing Halo Reach made me realize I miss the Brutes from Halo 3. I know that's an unpopular opinion, but that game had my favorite campaign(terrible, horrible, no good, very bad Cortana level aside). I say Reach is more consistently good with no outright BAD levels, but New Alexandria aside, nothing great either, or at least on par with Tsavo Highway, The Covenant, or The Ark. The whole campaign has a feeling of waiting around for it to become great, hoping the levels will start to knock you on your ass with the epic scale and whatnot, but besides a couple brief glimpses of brilliance, it never actually does. Feels more like the sequel to ODST, a cheaper-budget spinoff then a full-fledged Halo prequel.

But I guess that's what Halo 4 is for.
Ghaleon's campaign review hits on the main points like this pretty well. I just need to get around to writing my reflections on the campaign down...

wwm0nkey

daedalius said:

Also just finished my replay of Reach to get ready for CEA ;) are there any ways to blow up those Scarabs on the Package? The Ark and the Covenant are way more epic in terms of level scope.
Wait for Black Friday, also what is your price range?

Karl2177 said:
Ghaleon's campaign review hits on the main points like this pretty well. I just need to get around to writing my reflections on the campaign down...

I'd be interested in reading that. I actually wanna replay both 3 and Reach's campaign if just for comparison's sake. Cortana aside, I can replay Halo 3 whenever on Heroic or Legendary co-op. After I played Reach, I was actually fine with not touching it again, and I regretted promising my brother I'd do co-op mode with him(we've been doing co-op through Halo campaigns since X-mas 2001, its practically tradition) .

I also really, REALLY miss the Battle Rifle, I just remember :(

daedalius

wwm0nkey said:
Wait for Black Friday, also what is your price range?

There's a pretty sweet deal on amazon right now for the Panasonic Plasmas, of course it COULD get lower around black friday, I don't know if it will.

55" is $1199, 60" is $1299

Karl2177

ViewtifulJC said:
I'd be interested in reading that. I actually wanna replay both 3 and Reach's campaign if just for comparison's sake. Cortana aside, I can replay Halo 3 whenever on Heroic or Legendary co-op. After I played Reach, I was actually fine with not touching it again, and I regretted promising my brother I'd do co-op mode with him(we've been doing co-op through Halo campaigns since X-mas 2001, its practically tradition) .

I also really, REALLY miss the Battle Rifle, I just remember :(
Here's Ghaleon's review:
http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/from-visegrad-with-love/

wwm0nkey

daedalius said:
There's a pretty sweet deal on amazon right now for the Panasonic Plasmas, of course it COULD get lower around black friday, I don't know if it will.

55" is $1199, 60" is $1299
Well I mean its not as big but Walmart is having a 47" LG 3D TV with a bluray player and 4 glasses for $800 for Black Friday.

Top Bottom