• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

feel

My memory might be fuzzy on this, but I think it was Mr Voc who came up with that (or maybe Cocopjojo).

Devolution said:
^5.

Also how's the gaming side CEA thread goin? I ain't touching it.
It's not what you'd think. It's mostly just us with a few random gaffers (cool people, no annoying ones). You're missing out on half of the halogaf discussion.

Letters said:
My memory might be fuzzy on this, but I think it was Mr Voc who came up with that (or maybe Cocopjojo).

It's not what you'd think. It's just mostly us with a few randoms (cool people). You're missing out on half of the halogaf discussion.

I can't discuss much yet anyway, no game or maps.

Kuroyume

Banned
Moron who years ago came up with the decision to make HDDs 20 gb is a moron. Need to clear space. In DL queue Crysis, Space Channel 5, Anniversary Maps... X_x

Kuroyume said:
Moron who years ago came up with the decision to make HDDs 20 gb is a moron. Need to clear space. In DL queue Crysis, Space Channel 5, Anniversary Maps... X_x

Stop whining dude mine is like 8gb.

Tunavi

Banned
Louis Wu said:
http://files.smallbits.com/images/sighgaf.jpg[IMG]

(From the PoA's Bridge bulletin board...)[/QUOTE]
Would have been cool to have a bulletin that said "Remember to check your PMs!"

Retro

Hopped into Anniversary Classic Slayer on Beaver Creek and got rolled, though one person quit before the game launched and another about 3 minutes in (after getting popped half a dozen times). The remaining guy spent the rest of the match going "WHUT THE FUCK!" at 3sk pistol, reduced melee damage, etc. as if he had no idea what game mode he was in.

Even getting my socked rocked off it felt amazing. I was getting flashbacks of Halo 2 Beaver Creek fights with SMGs blazing, BRs ratt-tat-tat'ing, sliding down into the bunkers from on high and teleport tomfoolery at the back of peoples' heads. Love it.

Alienshogun said:
I forget, is Halo 4 due out next fall?

Holiday 2012 is what the "Awakening" trailer ended with.

Classic Powerups >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Armor Abilities.

I personally don't ever want to see an Active Camo AA/Loadout in Halo ever again........ever. Loving the playlist so far and the maps are just simply stunning. I also kind of like the fact that having those limited rounds per clip really forces you to make your shots count with the new pistol.

I have never witnessed bad wishes made on people quite like Kuryome's wish for LESS MEMORY ON YOUR HDD. There is an evil there that has not yet been tapped by the evilest of Earth's evil people. Let's hope Devo (and her HDD) will be ok.

Seriously lol'd at that comeback :lol

FyreWulff

something something Microsoft only originally planned for something like 150 content items on Live for the entire life of the console

All 3 of them got caught by surprise by digital content taking off, Microsoft just had the best escape plan. But now they're also addicted to completely changing their dashboard every year.

Halo 3 - Blades
ODST - NXE
Reach - NXE2
Anniversary/4 - NXE3

Then 2-3 years from now they'll probably patch it to imitate Windows 9.

FyreWulff said:
something something Microsoft only originally planned for something like 150 content items on Live for the entire life of the console

All 3 of them got caught by surprise by digital content taking off, Microsoft just had the best escape plan. But now they're also addicted to completely changing their dashboard every year.

Halo 3 - Blades
ODST - NXE
Reach - NXE2
Anniversary/4 - NXE3

There was no NXE2 lol. That dashboard update was very minor.

Dug

Banned
Devolution said:
I wish you'd stop posting. But that's not gonna happen either.
Yes, I can use this GIF finally!

3vloT.gif

FyreWulff

Steelyuhas said:
There was no NXE2 lol. That dashboard update was very minor.

Either way, they've STILL not fixed the mic bug where the 360 just refuses to acknowledge that you have a mic plugged in and will "unplug" it immediately as soon as it sees it hooked up. Still have to power cycle to fix that one.

That one's been around since the blade dash.

Played so much of the Anniversary playlist today. The maps are amazing! Prisoner is probably the weirdest one because all the action takes place on the bottom of bright-side. The settings and maps just seem to work. Headlong is an absolute joy to play on (gauss not ecessarily included :p) and Timberland is still very large even with it's 20% size reduction.

Really loving this rejuvenation of Reach MP.

Just got the grenadier achievement on legendary, Horrible experience. Been playing solo legendary for a VERY long time now and im still only up to AotCR god im rusty.

Saying that i am trying all the "challenge achievements and getting skulls and terminals on the way.

AotCR is one of my fav levels from all of halo.

FyreWulff said:
Either way, they've STILL not fixed the mic bug where the 360 just refuses to acknowledge that you have a mic plugged in and will "unplug" it immediately as soon as it sees it hooked up. Still have to power cycle to fix that one.

That one's been around since the blade dash.

I have never heard of that bug lol.

FyreWulff

Steelyuhas said:
I have never heard of that bug lol.

I get hit by it at least once a month. Spent like 5 minutes "talking" to Hiredn00bs a couple of days ago, wonder why he's sending me text messages asking if I have all the maps, then I look at the party chat and it's showing my mic as not in.

You'll know if you have the bug if you plug in your mic, the mic icon will show up for about 3 seconds and then disappear.

Ken

Thanks for the games Fox and friends.

Not a fan of Prisoner; seems like whoever spawns at one of the higher levels starts out with a huge advantage.

Havok

Ken said:
Thanks for the games Fox and friends.

Not a fan of Prisoner; seems like whoever spawns at one of the higher levels starts out with a huge advantage.
We were wondering why you left. But yeah, I didn't care for Prisoner at all. As with Sword Base, the fighting congregates one the highest of the three levels, with every respawn spent trying to regain the high ground.

Also, High Noon's BTB weighting seems exceptionally high (8 of the 12 options so far have been HN/HeH). It's supposed to be the backup, not the star.

Edit: Evade in TU BTB loadouts. Come on, 343. Stop this madness.

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:
So remind me... who were the sandy vaginas whining about how HaloGAF didn't get any love in the CEA credits?

sighgaf.jpg

(From the PoA's Bridge bulletin board...)
This is what I was talking about the other day, BTW. I nearly choked laughing when I first saw it. Bravo Voc, Cocop, etc.

If you search for the term on GAF, it was running through Halo threads for years since the post Duncan quoted. Hope I didn't hype anyone up needlessly, I thought it was great.

FyreWulff

First person to quote this post with the correct answers to these two questions:

1) Which stick configuration I use (i've mentioned it in this thread before)

2) Names at least two of the images that could randomly appear on the Halo 2 scorpion

And you do NOT have anniversary or the maps already, gets a Anniversary map pack code

Dug

Banned
FyreWulff said:
First person to quote this post with the correct answers to these two questions:

2) Names at least two of the images that could randomly appear on the Halo 2 scorpion

And you do NOT have anniversary or the maps already, gets a Anniversary map pack code
1. Bumper Jumper

2. chess knight, lightning bolt

EDIT: Woops, somehow read it as button configuration.

FyreWulff said:

Legacy sticks

Lightning bolt and Knight Chess piece

Tunavi

Banned
FyreWulff said:

1 legacy
2. chess knight, lightning bolt
beaten, but I was gonna give it to dug anyway

1 flag headlong!!! first time. wish me luck

edit: oh hai thermite

Top Bottom