• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
classic feels absolutely awesome, thank god for the ROF change to the pistol. not sure if that is my new go to mode or not, but i do plan to play it extensively

Question to forgers, are there any objects apart from hill markers and both bomb and flag plates as "Invasion res phase X".

I still don't get why would they ship a map with only 11 hill markers.

Steelyuhas said:
That link sent me to my own game history. What wasn't what you were trying to do were you?

A convincing argument.
Then you try to use the HaloWaypoint site and you get that.

Bungie.net link.

ncsuDuncan said:
Does it really make a difference?

lol trueskill

vfyslt.png
loool

Who is in the HBO Facebook group? Did you see the Halo LA launch event photo? Frankie's face expression lol.

KevinRo

The halo anniversary games I've played so far have been fun. The three shot kill pistol really isn't that bad for slayer, I just can't imagine when I hit an objective gametype.. or do they have them at all in the playlist? So far I've been donging on kids. I might put up a review later.

Striker

Timberland Anniversary has four snipers, two rockets, two fuel rod guns, one overshield, and three invis? Is that right? Why so much ammunition? I had figured it would rival something similar to Blood Gulch or Coag with a middle heavy weapon, sniper at each base (inside the top), and an invis someplace on the far sides. But geesh.

Striker said:
Timberland Anniversary has four snipers, two rockets, two fuel rod guns, one overshield, and three invis? Is that right? Why so much ammunition? I had figured it would rival something similar to Blood Gulch or Coag with a middle heavy weapon, sniper at each base (inside the top), and an invis someplace on the far sides. But geesh.
Reduces betrayals. When everyone has a power weapon, no one loses. :-|

edit: wow, no more ninja edits.

ncsuDuncan said:
Does it really make a difference?

lol trueskill

vfyslt.png

My service record is only filled with glorious victory!
come%20at%20me%20bro.jpg

Not really

The Real Napsta said:
I just played my first game in Ann. Classic, it was a ton of fun.

OT: My buddy brought over MW3 last night to play before the midnight launch. The game is a slideshow on both my boxes with the preview but plays fine on his xbox without the update.

All other games play fine (HCE, Reach, Blops, MK, MGS HD collection)

Anyone else have this problem?

I've had the new dash for a while and I've never had a performance issue with a game, including MW3.

Ramirez

Awesome Barlow said:
Anyone have a way to fix thumbsticks from drifting. If I bought new sticks to pop on would that work?

That just means your controller is officially broken in, like a good baseball glove, embrace it!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking forward to CEA, but dat Skyrim. Halo is gonna have to wait.

I'm picking it up today, but I'm just gonna let the kids I babysit borrow it. They're totally gonna nerd out on the terminals, I can't wait. :-D

FyreWulff

Gabotron ES said:
Question to forgers, are there any objects apart from hill markers and both bomb and flag plates as "Invasion res phase X".

I still don't get why would they ship a map with only 11 hill markers.

You're gonna have to do like I did when I started working on my Invasion variant and just make a canvas out of Breakneck. Breakneck uses a crapton of everything, it even uses all 250-something respawn points by default. Any Invasion variant you make is gonna have to be a standalone variant. That way you'll get all 50-100something hill markers back.

Karl2177 said:
New achievements not working? I went into Living Dead, and was the Last Man Standing and infected 3 people in a single round.
I believe they fixed those achievements with the TU so that you have to obtain them on a map from the specified map pack.

If it says "Defiant: " it has to be done on a Defiant map.

If it says "Anniversary: " it has to be done on an Anniversary map.

Okay, day-dreaming time:

TU2 changelist: (determined by gametype, just like TU1)
- Option to disable fall damage.
- ROF adjustment for the zero-bloom DMR.
- Vehicle damage model adjustment.
- Shield recharge delay reduction.
- Grenade adjustment (damage/radius reduction or fuse lengthening)
- Banshee nerf.

Which allows the creation of:

The Halo 2 Playlist
- 4v4 Slayer & Objective (until the population explodes and it can be split into two playlists)
- Applies the TU2 changes to the Classic gametypes
- ZB DMR start, no Anniversary pistol
- Requires: Reach disc maps, Anniversary map pack

Maps:
Battle Creek Anniversary: Beaver Creek
Hang 'em High Anniversary: Tombstone
Headlong Anniversary
FW: Sanctuary (not Asylum)
FW: Ascension (not Pinnacle)
FW: Coagulation (you get the picture)
FW: Warlock
FW: Lockout
FW: Turf
FW: Elongation
FW: Midship
Reflection: Ivory Tower

- If any of the Forge maps can be remade in Anniversary to improve the framerate, do so (like the superior Tempest variant of Lockout, but I wouldn't require Noble DLC just for that one map). If Lockout can be built on Timberlands it would be nice to have that non-FW skybox.

- I wouldn't be opposed to another map pack in March with 3 Halo 2 remakes: Waterworks, Terminal, Relic. Or maybe a proper Turf remake.

Just day-dreaming though. I'll be surprised if we get a TU2 and another map pack, doubly so if it's full of Halo 2 maps.

What a difference a map makes (or six).

I like Reach anyway, but the maps are its weakest area. These Anniversary maps are sooo much fun to play on. Really hammers home the importance of stellar maps to Halo 4's success. High Noon is beautiful.

The three shot pistol is fun against bks; I haven't played a full team of tumescent dongers yet to see how bad it is when team shot.

Loving what I'm playing so far.

feel

@duncan too good to be true for halo MM standards, so forget about it

unrelated: such a shame having armor abilities and slow movement in BTB. But still had fun, great map that ridgeline is.

The Real Napsta said:
Buy a new controller.
But its my reach controller...dang.
Ramirez said:
That just means your controller is officially broken in, like a good baseball glove, embrace it!
Haha.

Also, I suck as evidenced by that HaloGAF vs. HaloGAF+Random classic match on damnation.

thee henery said:

I like Reach anyway, but the maps are its weakest area. These Anniversary maps are sooo much fun to play on. Really hammers home the importance of stellar maps to Halo 4's success. High Noon is beautiful.

The three shot pistol is fun against bks; I haven't played a full team of tumescent dongers yet to see how bad it is when team shot.

Loving what I'm playing so far.

It's a bit too beautiful, seriously distracting.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
thee henery said:

Absolutely. It was the starkest difference between Halo 2 and Halo 3, and it became even more apparent when Reach released with its default garbage maps. I can still enjoy the game, but holy crap is it nice to have some top tier maps again.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I need fucking Hang em high clips and everyone is voting for other maps. WTF I thought Hang em High was the favorite for all these noobs

senador

Banned
Awesome Barlow said:
Anyone have a way to fix thumbsticks from drifting. If I bought new sticks to pop on would that work?

This just happened to me with the gray controller with the convertible D-pad. I tried to fix it but had no luck. What I ended up doing was making a hybrid controller. I took an older controller that didn't have the problem and my newer one and opened them both up. Then I took off the parts front the old chipboard and replaced them with parts from the new one (sticks and triggers). I then put the old chipboard with new parts into the newer controller body and BAM!

The stick assembly themselves are soldered on so unless you want to get serious my method is probably the best. That or you can put up with it or buy a new one.

Photo%20Nov%2012%2C%202%2044%2058%20PM.jpg

Edit: Instructions for taking it apart and changing the sticks.

It calls for a security T8 but I used a T9 and it worked well. A few screws were stubborn and I jammed a screwdriver in for those ones.

senador

Banned
DP on purpose...

I played 3 rounds so far. First was FFA Anniversary Slayer. I did not like it. It was way too fast and ridiculous. My last round I played Anniversary Classic on HeH on a team. THAT was fun. The changed rate of fire on the pistol with a bit of bloom was good stuff I thought. Fast game play but not too fast to be frustrating. We took first and I had the most kills, good stuff.

I haven't been following this thread or Halo much for the past month or 2 (which felt nice taking a break) so I'm behind on playlists. Do we have a list with all changes? What is the difference in Anniversary Classic Slayer and Anniversary Slayer? 1 has CE pistol and 1 doesn't'?

Tashi0106 said:
I need fucking Hang em high clips and everyone is voting for other maps. WTF I thought Hang em High was the favorite for all these noobs

Play with a party.

I can play tonight if anyone here wants to play.

After 8 EST

GT:

The Real Napsta

Ken

The Real Napsta said:
Play with a party.

I can play tonight if anyone here wants to play.

After 8 EST

GT:

The Real Napsta
I'll add you when I get home. I need people to play Anniversary MM with.

GT: Chocopolka

Ken said:
I'll add you when I get home. I need people to play Anniversary MM with.

GT: Chocopolka

Yo, I'm ready to get back in there(if I can tear myself away from the campaign and Rayman, of course)

GT: KoolAidShoto

in fact, I wish somebody could add me to the HaloGAF tag

senador said:
DP on purpose...

I played 3 rounds so far. First was FFA Anniversary Slayer. I did not like it. It was way too fast and ridiculous. My last round I played Anniversary Classic on HeH on a team. THAT was fun. The changed rate of fire on the pistol with a bit of bloom was good stuff I thought. Fast game play but not too fast to be frustrating. We took first and I had the most kills, good stuff.

I haven't been following this thread or Halo much for the past month or 2 (which felt nice taking a break) so I'm behind on playlists. Do we have a list with all changes? What is the difference in Anniversary Classic Slayer and Anniversary Slayer? 1 has CE pistol and 1 doesn't'?

The way I understand it all gametypes with Anniversary in the name have the CE Magnum..

senador

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
The way I understand it all gametypes with Anniversary in the name have the CE Magnum..

Hrm. I'm a bit lost then.

Halo Waypoint is cool but I can't find playlist info on the site or the bulletin that talked about those changes. Seems like if you don't read things while its a top story, its lost. Anyone have a link?

ViewtifulJC said:
Yo, I'm ready to get back in there(if I can tear myself away from the campaign and Rayman, of course)

GT: KoolAidShoto

in fact, I wish somebody could add me to the HaloGAF tag
Devo is going to put on the list very fast.

What I have to say, these maps are a lot of fun. A fun I hadn't for while. First the maps are beautiful. It's the mystery I missed in Reach's maps. Areas I want to explore more. I hope Halo 4 will have much more epic settings(But the art teaser showed that already). The maps play all very good. Even there is a lot of power weapons on them, I haven't seen the use of them a lot. People use the pistole or the DMR a lot more. Otherwise this are still day 1 experiences. People will know the weapon layout very soon...

One thing I dislike is that Classic and the normal gametypes are mixed together. Both play too much differently. Always need some time to adapt. Maybe keep out the Classic gametypes and let them Classic playlist only. But I always talk about a lot of stuff I don't know.

Tashi0106 said:
Awesome! Next time implant the names better. :) Because I like the cutting, and would even say that this is a official trailer, if there weren't the shitty names on the left top corner. lol. (And I retweeted your tweet :))

Tha Robbertster said:
Wow, the gauss hog is a tad overpowered on Headlong :p
If Hydranockz manages to get more than 20 kills in a match, then there is something wrong in terms of gameplay. :p

Hypertrooper said:
If Hydranockz manages to get more than 20 kills in a match, then there is something wrong in terms of gameplay. :p

If Hydra gets one kill with anything, than you have to question balancing in the game!

Karl2177

HiredN00bs said:
I believe they fixed those achievements with the TU so that you have to obtain them on a map from the specified map pack.

If it says "Defiant: " it has to be done on a Defiant map.

If it says "Anniversary: " it has to be done on an Anniversary map.
This would be the case.

Waiting anxiously for the Anniversary MP to finish downloading. Good to see that the majority of the feedback as far as the playlist and TU changes/additions has been mostly positive. Thought I'd share a couple of vanilla clips with you guys before moving on to new hotness and finally getting my hands on that TSK pistol.

Pest control

Some decided to purposely park himself in front of my wraith maybe for the betrayal and boot or simply just for the standard Halo MM BTB random ****'s and giggles. After a few feeble attempts to shake him off I finally manage to swat the bastard in probably the most satisfactory way possible.

Busted Ghost

One of the few occasions where I actually wished I had a jetpack handy lol

Top Bottom