• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Fuck this essay sideways with a lunchbox, Imma play some Haloz.

In celebration of that:
werwequvt.gif

FyreWulff

FilthyLies said:
Legacy sticks

Lightning bolt and Knight Chess piece

Winnar is you

Dug said:
1. Bumper Jumper

2. chess knight, lightning bolt

EDIT: Woops, somehow read it as button configuration.

Were so close, but the answer would have been Recon for button config anyway :3 maybe if I get another one.

Dug

Banned
FyreWulff said:
Winnar is you

Were so close, but the answer would have been Recon for button config anyway :3 maybe if I get another one.
Oh, well I googled "fyrewulff neogaf bumper jumper" and it seemed like you used it. :p

edit: oh, it just appeared like that because you were on the same page as the word bumper jumper. This is what I get for not clicking on the pages!

Dug said:
Oh, well I googled "fyrewulff neogaf bumper jumper" and it seemed like you used it. :p

edit: oh, it just appeared like that because you were on the same page as the word bumper jumper. This is what I get for not clicking on the pages!

Google noob.

KevinRo

Having seen and heard about Timberland I was excited to play it for the first time today. The map is amazing. I love the Pistol/DMR start the best. You have the Pistol, which is an amazing short range weapon, and the DMR for long range encounters all at your disposal.

Headlong and Timberland show that BTB can work in Reach. The problem is they're all old maps. I hope Halo4 will have many more BTB maps at the go then the 2 past games.

daedalius

Havok said:
We were wondering why you left. But yeah, I didn't care for Prisoner at all. As with Sword Base, the fighting congregates one the highest of the three levels, with every respawn spent trying to regain the high ground.

Also, High Noon's BTB weighting seems exceptionally high (8 of the 12 options so far have been HN/HeH). It's supposed to be the backup, not the star.

Edit: Evade in TU BTB loadouts. Come on, 343. Stop this madness.

Ugh... guess I'll be voting for Anniversary mode every time.

Looking forward to some multiplayer after finishing the campaign with my wife.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Somewhere on this page is an Undiscovered Easter egg from campaign. Almost crapped my pants when I saw someone had figured it out. Then I realized they hadn't.

senador said:
This just happened to me with the gray controller with the convertible D-pad. I tried to fix it but had no luck. What I ended up doing was making a hybrid controller. I took an older controller that didn't have the problem and my newer one and opened them both up. Then I took off the parts front the old chipboard and replaced them with parts from the new one (sticks and triggers). I then put the old chipboard with new parts into the newer controller body and BAM!

The stick assembly themselves are soldered on so unless you want to get serious my method is probably the best. That or you can put up with it or buy a new one.

Photo%20Nov%2012%2C%202%2044%2058%20PM.jpg

Edit: Instructions for taking it apart and changing the sticks.

It calls for a security T8 but I used a T9 and it worked well. A few screws were stubborn and I jammed a screwdriver in for those ones.
Thank you!

Silly me, I should have just thought of swapping the boards with a good controller. I think I'll fix up my Reach controller and then set it with my other 3 aside for safe keeping and get another controller to slowly kill.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Somewhere on this page is an Undiscovered Easter egg from campaign. Almost crapped my pants when I saw someone had figured it out. Then I realized they hadn't.
Tease.

Homeboyd

OuterWorldVoice said:
50 or 100 ppp?

Also, is Inst. 04 in Score Attack? The Waypoint Reach playlist page says "N/A" in the maps section for this playlist.

Dug

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
Is it the trollface?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
OuterWorldVoice said:
I had the same reaction. :)

I imagine it's Fyrewulff's comment on finding a new hallway in High Noon. Maybe there's a BR model hidden in one of the halls?

Edit: LOL there's a picture of the original Hang em High on one of the walkways.

Homeboyd

ncsuDuncan said:
I imagine it's Fyrewulff's comment on finding a new hallway in High Noon. Maybe there's a BR model hidden in one of the halls?

Edit: LOL there's a picture of the original Hang em High on one of the walkways.
He said campaign.

Havok

Please remove Banshee from all maps ever. It is ruining my Headlong/Breakneck experience. Thank you.

Also, increase BTB Objective weighting.

Top Bottom