• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Hey You said:
Not up in Canada anymore :/

Haven't gone there in a while anyways

lol I seriously thought they didn't exist anymore. All the ones that I know of closed up shop.

Played 9 games in the classic playlist today. It's fucking awesome. It does however need higher weighting of some of the objective gametypes (specifically Flag and Assault). Didn't see Flag or Assault pop up ever, saw King a few times (played it once) and saw Snipers a few times.

I got trueskilled pretty hard the last game I played.

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:
Hang 'em High pic:
35n3trn.jpg

EGLl3.jpg

Dug

Banned
ViewtifulJC said:
Mine took 'em out, but the guy worked the register was cool and gave me both the code AND the Master Chief avatar for a dollar.
It seems I have turned into jelly!

Headlong pic on Breakneck: (I couldn't get a good straight-on shot, too much glare.)
o0tcmv.jpg

I wonder if there's one on every map? I looked for a pic on Battle Creek but couldn't find one.

Striker

Loving default Headlong and Damnation. We didn't get Timberland to show up, but Ridgeline did. Crappy Laser aside, great layout and everything seems to flow really well.

Wish they had red base in its Tombstone location back in the big base rather than the small structure which fits poorly as a defensive base area.

Karl2177

The new Waypoint on Xbox hurts the eyes. The linear pattern doesn't make scrolling through achievements good. In fact scrolling through anything like that should be reserved for touch devices.

ncsuDuncan said:
I wonder if there's one on every map? I looked for a pic on Battle Creek but couldn't find one.
To answer my own question, yes. Just found the Damnation pic on Pinnacle. I'll collect these onto a page on my site to keep from cluttering the thread (and for people sensitive to egg spoilers).

Damnation pic

senador

Banned
FyreWulff said:
I get hit by it at least once a month. Spent like 5 minutes "talking" to Hiredn00bs a couple of days ago, wonder why he's sending me text messages asking if I have all the maps, then I look at the party chat and it's showing my mic as not in.

You'll know if you have the bug if you plug in your mic, the mic icon will show up for about 3 seconds and then disappear.

Grr I get this one when I have to use my wired mic. It sucks. Its true, the only to fix it is to reboot the Xbox

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Speaking of logos, I couldn't help but notice after getting my copy of Anniversary that Saber Interactive's logo is pretty awful.

565500.png

Saber_Interactive_logo.jpg

It just screams early 2000's amateur to me. Guys/gals are obviously studs and do great work, I think it's time to upgrade.

One of those "too many gradients and kind of crap ones at that goin' on." The top of the E touching the R, among many things, is irking the fuck out of me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devolution said:
One of those "too many gradients and kind of crap ones at that goin' on." The top of the E touching the R, among many things, is irking the fuck out of me.

Picture of cat should be flat, 2 colors and less busy. Like this

179743-lionhead.jpg

THAT, is a great logo

Ajemsuhgao said:
Just found the flashback image for Beaver Creek. I'll take some pictures and upload to b.net

Picture: Here

Awesome! Now we just need to find the Prisoner pic on Solitary. I searched for it for a long time but didn't find it.

If anyone does stumble across it, pm me the screenshot on bungie.net. I think tomorrow I'll throw together a page/album collecting them all.

Willeth

While we're on Easter eggs, presumably everyone saw
Linda's vitals
on the status screen next to Master Chiefs? I can't remember if it was in the original and I didn't think to flick over and see.

Devolution said:
Distance, especially if you're a bomb/flag carrier. Gain all that ground only for some jackass to just roll up on you.

Whatever better player will find a way. Halo 4's gonna be a different game too. Protip evade gives you free auto-aim evade and do an ogre twitch to blain a kid straight out of roll.

Similar to that one vehicle sniper auto-aim glitch which well all forget the name of by the next Halo.

Willeth

Steelyuhas said:
I've had the new dash for a while and I've never had a performance issue with a game, including MW3.
I've had really bad problems trying to get MW3 to run in 3p splitscreen. Even the menu was a damn slideshow. No such issues with CEA but it wouldn't surprise me if the new dash was the cause.

Willeth said:
While we're on Easter eggs, presumably everyone saw
Linda's vitals
on the status screen next to Master Chiefs? I can't remember if it was in the original and I didn't think to flick over and see.
Yep, it wasn't there in the original game. People guessed
that the second cyro tube would be Linda and now 343i confirms it.

Otherwise it is the most found easter egg for now. :p

ncsuDuncan said:
I searched for a while but didn't find one.

Just found the Timberlands pic, btw.
Nice. Maybe I'll look for the Prisoner pic. All locations were reachable with the monitior, right?

Slightly Live said:
Certain Affinity really really kicked some ass.
So pretty.

No the problem with evade is that in objective theres not a proper respawn time and death doesnt mean enough and the gametype becomes whether or not you get lucky enough spawns to win the game the way it plays out.

MLG does it a lot better with a higher respawn time and a short period before being able to use AA's

Although using them as pickups only is a good idea for FFA rumbles.

/Get schooled by someone who knows FPS

Tashi0106 said:
The problem witb evade is that it's a loadout not a pick up

Well by default, Reach AA's are always going to be a loadout, not a pickup, and evade was specifically designed to be used by Elites, in Invasion. Not sure why Bungie decided to go against the design of the AA and start throwing it on Spartans in matchmaking.

Steelyuhas said:
Well by default, Reach AA's are always going to be a loadout, not a pickup, and evade was specifically designed to be used by Elites, in Invasion. Not sure why Bungie decided to go against the design of the AA and start throwing it on Spartans in matchmaking.

To troll us.

Slightly Live said:
Certain Affinity really really kicked some ass.

Goddamn awesome images.
Shiieeeeeet. Why do I not have these maps yet. :( Pan-camming them is the only thing that'd make me take a break from Skryim.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Steelyuhas said:

Source.

So I only get one copy of the maps with my disc? That's pretty fucking lame. I can swap the ODST disc around xbox to xbox but I can't with this.

Top Bottom