• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

ElRenoRaven

Hypertrooper said:
Yep. I'm reading it on my computer. But if I have to go to an appointment, I can continue reading on my Windows Phone 7 with the kindle app. It even saves the last page I read. And yeah Kindle Wildfire looks awesome.

Why do you have to wait till christmas?

Yup. That stuff is what makes Kindle so awesome. You can read the book on PC or any platform there is the app on. The sync carries over bookmarks, notations, you make, and all that good stuff. Amazon really got ebooks right with the Kindle.

Hypertrooper said:
Yep. I'm reading it on my computer. But if I have to go to an appointment, I can continue reading on my Windows Phone 7 with the kindle app. It even saves the last page I read. And yeah Kindle Wildfire looks awesome.

The Wildfire looks awesome, but I'll probably get a Win8 tablet next year not I'm not looking for a full tablet out of a Kindle, but the Kindle Touch for $99 is pretty damn tempting.

blamite

Ajemsuhgao said:
I've been out of the Halo Novel scene since...well, the first four books. I bought Contact Harvest but never read it!

So now we have:

The Fall of Reach
The Flood
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx
Contact Harvest
The Cole Protocol
Cryptum
Glasslands

I have 4 books to read. Fuck. Are any of the last four books linked together at all, or can I just pick one at random and start reading?
There's also Evolutions, which is a collection of a bunch of mostly great short stories from around the universe.

Steelyuhas said:
The Wildfire looks awesome, but I'll probably get a Win8 tablet next year not I'm not looking for a full tablet out of a Kindle, but the Kindle Touch for $99 is pretty damn tempting.
I'm reading right now, that the device is just Fire lol. I would skip Kindle touch. If you get a Win8 tablet next year, you can definitely use the kindle app on it. So you have the same thing at the end. :)

Tha Robbertster said:
Still not enough money for everything.
If it were possible, I'd gift you the book. Unfortunately the feature to gift Kindle Ebooks is US only. (Or not available here in Germany). I'm sorry. =(

Edit.: I hope "gift" is the verb to give away a present.

Kuroyume said:
Minor Glasslands spoiler:
When Gravemind had control of Cortana he was able to replicate all her data and created a flood AI that's an evil version of her.

Ohhh my what.

cdLj4.png

Hypertrooper said:
I'm reading right now, that the device is just Fire lol. I would skip Kindle touch. If you get a Win8 tablet next year, you can definitely use the kindle app on it. So you have the same thing at the end. :)

Lol 'wildfire'...I'm smart!

The reason I would consider a touch is that it's easy to read that screen for a extended period of time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
PsychoRaven said:
Yup. That stuff is what makes Kindle so awesome. You can read the book on PC or any platform there is the app on. The sync carries over bookmarks, notations, you make, and all that good stuff. Amazon really got ebooks right with the Kindle.
That does sound cool. There's actually a newer way to read now that I'm super interested in. They words are printed on multiple pieces of actual paper and are put together to form a book. Wild I know! You can take and read this book thing anywhere.

/snarky comment

:p

feel

thezerofire said:
when is there going to be any new videogame info so there's actually something to discuss in here?
I'm really digging the Glasslands discussion going on, feels like we've moved on to the Halo 4 hype thread already.

Keep it coming guys.

Homeboyd said:
POST THEM!
Not an infection map, but I've got one that was just featured in Forge Hub's 2v2 tournament. Called Replicant, it's a large, inverse-symmetrical map featuring Hologram AA pickups and a Pro-Pipe as the major power weapon to fight over. More here, if anyone's interested. I've only tested with 2v2, but it's probably large enough to fit 4v4. CTF is the only other gametype that's supported.

gzPf4.jpg

Slightly Live said:
Would anyone be interested in winning a digital copy of Glasslands? I have an idea maybe if there is interest.
If it works for european people, then I'm in!

And don't worry hyper, I'm still to happy with the grunt to take any more gifts from you :)

Slightly Live said:
Should do, although there might be one or two extra steps for non-US folks. I got my copy digitally and I'm in the UK.
I would be, but I've a physical copy ordered, so it would be unfair.

Great idea though.

feel

thezerofire said:
I mean actual game information, not the story in the universe
We've already got the defining game in the franchise, following games' gameplay is irrelevant, all we need now is fiction and forge maps to keep us going.

Havok

Just finished it.

So...what, do I buy the ending as DLC or something?

Good book, with that aside. Traviss manages to capture the same tone that the Nylund books have all had, which is a good thing, while being a more technically proficient writer and story builder.

Havok said:
Just finished it.

Good book, with that aside. Traviss manages to capture the same tone that the Nylund books have all had, which is a good thing, while being a more technically proficient writer and story builder.
Traviss is writing a trilogy.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Havok said:
Just finished it.

UNSC TRILOGY BOOK 1

Havok

Hypertrooper said:
Traviss is writing a trilogy.
Yeah, I get that. But this is a weird cliffhanger. It breaks at a place you wouldn't expect, even for the first part of a series.
Zeouterlimits said:
"Sir. Finishing this fight!"
Exactly the reference I was going to make, with a few twists.

Wasn't Tunavi trolling this guy with false orders? How he can charge people for that in a recession is hilarious. The people paying him must be bk's on steroids.

I just finished chapter two and I'm a bit confused.

Are Osman and her team going after Halsey or keeping the Elites busy by starting up fights in the species?

How were humans able to re-purpose Forerunner technology that fast?

Havok

Dax01 said:

Are Osman and her team going after Halsey or keeping the Elites busy by starting up fights in the species?

The latter. At the moment.

As for your second half,
they did have some research from the Reach artifact. Maybe that sped up the process. There's a bigger part later on that might help.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dax01 said:

1. Latter.
2. Re-play Reach.

Plywood said:
Nah, just nerdy.
Selling your skills? is what i have a problem with, that and the trailer for a guide stuff, i have no problem with him doing the guides but i mean its essentially what GameFAQ's guiders have done for years and you dont see them saying "$15.00 and ill play Game x with you for an hour."

The RvB "tribute" is pretty lame and the whole "200,000 subs before i release it" thing is silly.

kylej

Banned
Strongside just ricochet-blained a kid on runway. I just saw God for a split second. That blain was biblical.

Dammit, all this talk about Glasslands is bad for me. :lol

Considering stepping up my pre-order from the paperback to the hardcover, too... But then again, I kinda wanna have my collection keep some uniformity.

Homeboyd

Plywood said:
Nah, just nerdy.
Yeah, I'll go with this. The pay-to-play thing was a bit much but hey it doesn't affect me in any way. If he makes money from it, more power to him. The guy has done a lot for the community.. more than the vast majority.. and did it for free.

Seems like a good enough guy. Just a squirrel tryin to get a nut!

SUCKIT

A little into chapter 2.

I loved the introduction of...whatever it is. Right after the book cuts to Osman and her team from Halsey and her group first entering that structure. After the Flood, the Forerunners, the Precursors...there's something unknown in the Halo universe.

Slightly Live said:
And folks deride us Halo/Bungie fans as pious.
A review thread 111 pages long? Sheesh.

I heavily Dislike Uncharted 1, Meaning i wont play the 2nd or the 3rd because the narative arc is broken if i dont experience all of the first.

From what iv seen however i greatly doubt its anything amazing.

Since we are off topic.

Thinking of starting to watch a new tv show, Game of thrones good? any other recommendations, something sci fi would be good but i dont think anything of that nature is showing atm.

Will the Halo CE:A OT have new graphics?
Sabre interactive overlay :p

Halo Community |OT| <- we need this

Top Bottom