• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

TheOddOne

StalkerUKCG said:
I heavily Dislike Uncharted 1, Meaning i wont play the 2nd or the 3rd because the narative arc is broken if i dont experience all of the first.
Uncharted 2 is really Uncharted 1. Forget fake Uncharted 1, it never existed.

StalkerUKCG said:
I heavily Dislike Uncharted 1, Meaning i wont play the 2nd or the 3rd because the narative arc is broken if i dont experience all of the first.

From what iv seen however i greatly doubt its anything amazing.

Since we are off topic.

Thinking of starting to watch a new tv show, Game of thrones good? any other recommendations, something sci fi would be good but i dont think anything of that nature is showing atm.

Will the Halo CE:A OT have new graphics?
Sabre interactive overlay :p

Halo Community |OT| <- we need this
Uncharted 2 was way better than 1. Just read the Wiki for 1

Dax01 said:
A little into chapter 2.

I loved the introduction of...whatever it is. Right after the book cuts to Osman and her team from Halsey and her group first entering that structure. After the Flood, the Forerunners, the Precursors...there's something unknown in the Halo universe.
Holy shit. I need to stop reading spoilers.

StalkerUKCG said:
Thinking of starting to watch a new tv show, Game of thrones good? any other recommendations, something sci fi would be good but i dont think anything of that nature is showing atm.
Yeah, Game of Thrones is awesome.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I played Uncharted 2 without playing Uncharted 1 and didn't have any problems following the story. I got bored with the game's mechanics and give up 3/4s of the way through the game, though.

Predictable troll joke:
8/10

Hypertrooper said:
It's kind of incredible that people still put so much merit in review scores. And while I played through UC1 and 2 and thoroughly enjoyed them, thinking of an Uncharted game as some kind of masterpiece of gaming to be put on such a pedestal also seems absurd. I dunno though, I guess I'm just jaded towards the typical blockbuster super rollercoaster approach to game design.

Karl2177 said:
I really want to know if the RT guys know what inertia is or even basic physics... Those speeds were too insane.

Halo does not need inertia or basic physics. Pfft. No seriously I hate Inertia!

To be fair I think I would have preferred it if there was more weight to the movement and it didn't speed by super fast BUT all the same it was pretty good.

Louis Wu

StalkerUKCG said:
Selling your skills? is what i have a problem with, that and the trailer for a guide stuff, i have no problem with him doing the guides but i mean its essentially what GameFAQ's guiders have done for years and you dont see them saying "$15.00 and ill play Game x with you for an hour."

The RvB "tribute" is pretty lame and the whole "200,000 subs before i release it" thing is silly.
I totally don't understand this at all. He offered a service - if you think it's not worth the money, don't use it. How does it hurt you that he's offering it? Why does it offend you?

The RvB tribute - dunno, I thought it worked. I don't have a problem with anyone who thinks it doesn't.

The subscriber ultimatum, though... it's 2,000, not 200,000 - and he's already GOT 1700. So he's just saying "hey, I'd love another couple hundred folks to sign up" - how is that silly? To me, it's WAY better than "THUMBS UP IF YOU LIKE THIS" or other obnoxious annotations.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Plywood said:
Seems more people are concerned about the review numbers than the games themselves, then they turn around and say "lol games journalism" and "reviews don't matter."
Exactly. Also l oh fucking l at people wanting IGN banned on GAF and their 10/10 having huge value now.

Louis Wu

daedalius said:
Ffs, what did he make this in? Surely this isn't even close to in-engine.
lol - no. Season's been more than half CGI. Last season had tons of CGI. They're blending machinima and traditional rendering.

Tashi0106 said:
Exactly. Also l oh fucking l at people wanting IGN banned on GAF and their 10/10 having huge value now.
Kind of funny that they want to ban eurogamer for the score of 8/10. Imo that is still an amazing review score. But hey other sites gave it a 10/10, so every game review site has to give Uncharted 3 a 10/10. If not, they just want to get clicks... Seriously? Damn. So stupid.

Edit.: Trying to finish Glasslands tomorrow. I'm in the middle of chapter 5. So tired right now.

Louis Wu said:
I totally don't understand this at all. He offered a service - if you think it's not worth the money, don't use it. How does it hurt you that he's offering it? Why does it offend you?

The RvB tribute - dunno, I thought it worked. I don't have a problem with anyone who thinks it doesn't.

The subscriber ultimatum, though... it's 2,000, not 200,000 - and he's already GOT 1700. So he's just saying "hey, I'd love another couple hundred folks to sign up" - how is that silly? To me, it's WAY better than "THUMBS UP IF YOU LIKE THIS" or other obnoxious annotations.

Personally it was just the pandering for subs thing i have a problem with in general not just him but anyone who did it. Its essentially the same as "THUMBS UP IF YOU LIKE THIS".

His "service" i feel takes advantage, to me its the same as Halo3forum's "buy a lvl 50" or play with a pro/girl. I think its a relatively safe bet to assume the people paying for this are mostly younger people who feel they "need" that achievement and preying on this market is morally wrong.

Dont get me wrong the guides are admirable but holding them to a subscriber ransom and charging to let people play with you i have a problem with.

bobs99 ... said:
I have no idea. I would assume 3D Max or Maya, high end 3d animation packages. Pretty damn impressive stuff.

Yeah its impressive, The clash of the shaders between shots is a bit jarring and some of the feats displayed are ... a bit too much but its impressive.

Louis Wu

StalkerUKCG said:
His "service" i feel takes advantage, to me its the same as Halo3forum's "buy a lvl 50" or play with a pro/girl. I think its a relatively safe bet to assume the people paying for this are mostly younger people who feel they "need" that achievement and preying on this market is morally wrong.
I think you're absolutely, 100% wrong here.

The service he offers is IRRELEVANT to folks who want to look good in Matchmaking; he is ONLY offering playtime in Campaign. He's offering to help people beat the levels on Mythic difficulty (Legendary, All Skulls On - including Blind), a difficulty many, many people believe is beyond them. His feeling is that it's not beyond ANYONE - but he doesn't have unlimited hours in the day to play with anyone who asks. So he sets up a gate; it happened to be financial. If it's important enough to you to learn to beat the game on these terms, and YouTube videos (or Tyrant's own, totally free, comprehensive guides) aren't enough... he's offering one-on-one tutelage. Beating Halo on Mythic difficulty doesn't show up anywhere; it's not something you can show to your friends and say "woo, look what I did!" - it's for YOU ALONE. There's zero peer pressure here; you gain NOTHING by availing yourself of his services, except the personal satisfaction of beating the game at its most difficult.

I really, really, REALLY don't understand why that's a problem to people.

ElRenoRaven

Holy Crap. So Halsey...........(Glasslands related)

So I just got to the part where it's confirmed that Miranda Keyes was Halsey's daughter. I think we all figured this based off past info but damnnn.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
PsychoRaven said:
Holy Crap. So Halsey...........(Glasslands related)

So I just got to the part where it's confirmed that Miranda Keyes was Halsey's daughter. I think we all figured this based off past info but damnnn.

The Halsey Journal with Reach spelt it out.

I came so close to accidently quoting you Psycho.
I had actually clicked quote (to post "LALALALALA I can't hear you!) but immediately realised that was a bad idea and hit 'back'.

Hurry up Amazon!

Tashi0106 said:
Fuck, I feel guilty for stopping reading Clash of Kings. I'll come back to it.

Second half of that book is crazy-sauce, it's good stuff.

The adaption is so good (at least I felt like the first season was) that I don't feel like it's a crime to not read the books, although you'll certainly get more on some of the minor characters and plot points from the book(s).

Slightly Live said:

Yeah if I recall correctly it stated it pretty obviously in the journal.

Louis Wu said:
I think you're absolutely, 100% wrong here.

The service he offers is IRRELEVANT to folks who want to look good in Matchmaking; he is ONLY offering playtime in Campaign. He's offering to help people beat the levels on Mythic difficulty (Legendary, All Skulls On - including Blind), a difficulty many, many people believe is beyond them. His feeling is that it's not beyond ANYONE - but he doesn't have unlimited hours in the day to play with anyone who asks. So he sets up a gate; it happened to be financial. If it's important enough to you to learn to beat the game on these terms, and YouTube videos (or Tyrant's own, totally free, comprehensive guides) aren't enough... he's offering one-on-one tutelage. Beating Halo on Mythic difficulty doesn't show up anywhere; it's not something you can show to your friends and say "woo, look what I did!" - it's for YOU ALONE. There's zero peer pressure here; you gain NOTHING by availing yourself of his services, except the personal satisfaction of beating the game at its most difficult.

I really, really, REALLY don't understand why that's a problem to people.

He isnt ONLY offering to help people beat the levels on mythic levles.

Are the guides not giving you all the help you need to help you snag those achievements and credits? I'll take it a step further and help you IN GAME! Simply make a purchase via one of the options above and send me a quick message letting me know when you made your purchase (date and estimated EASTERN time) and which Are the guides not giving you all the help you need to help you snag those achievements and credits? I'll take it a step further and help you IN GAME! Simply make a purchase via one of the options above and send me a quick message letting me know when you made your purchase (date and estimated EASTERN time) and which achievement/challenge you're looking to obtain you're looking to obtain.

Its achievements aswell and before the recent price reduction it was

$25.00 - He'll help you get ONE Daily or Weekly Challenge
$35.00 - He'll play ONE mission with you on any Halo game
$50.00 - He'll help you get ONE Campaign Achievement (not all Campaign Achievements apply either)

He says the money is going towards to community and i really hope it does and if it does in that case id be 100% okay with this, Websites like Mythica could of used that funding along time ago. If its not then id disagree with the practice. However what i say and think dosnt matter. People will use this service and he will have more money in his pocket.

ElRenoRaven

Slightly Live said:

Don't think it specifically said for sure did it? Been awhile since I read it.

Granted I do remember it pretty much made it obvious. Still though this really makes Halsey look worse in that regard.

ElRenoRaven

Havok said:
Give it a few hundred pages. Her character is a focused on very heavily in the book.

Yea. That much I'm seeing. That's the one reason I had to pick it up. I've always liked Halsey. She's a very interesting character.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Glasslands spoiler (major)

Holy fucking shit, Batman. We now have a considerable number of Forerunner ships at our disposal.

The UNSC Infinity is going be outdated and outclassed before we even see it.

F**k. So awesome.

PNut

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
He isnt ONLY offering to help people beat the levels on mythic levles.

Are the guides not giving you all the help you need to help you snag those achievements and credits? I'll take it a step further and help you IN GAME! Simply make a purchase via one of the options above and send me a quick message letting me know when you made your purchase (date and estimated EASTERN time) and which Are the guides not giving you all the help you need to help you snag those achievements and credits? I'll take it a step further and help you IN GAME! Simply make a purchase via one of the options above and send me a quick message letting me know when you made your purchase (date and estimated EASTERN time) and which achievement/challenge you're looking to obtain you're looking to obtain.

Its achievements aswell and before the recent price reduction it was

$25.00 - He'll help you get ONE Daily or Weekly Challenge
$35.00 - He'll play ONE mission with you on any Halo game
$50.00 - He'll help you get ONE Campaign Achievement (not all Campaign Achievements apply either)

He says the money is going towards to community and i really hope it does and if it does in that case id be 100% okay with this, Websites like Mythica could of used that funding along time ago. If its not then id disagree with the practice. However what i say and think dosnt matter. People will use this service and he will have more money in his pocket.

Lol. I'm not going to try and defend the guy for whatever services he's offering. I could care less what he does to try and make a dollar. Simple fact is he makes really good campaign guides and has done a lot for the Halo community, all for FREE. It's not affecting you or any one else really. Why the hate?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Slightly Live said:
Glasslands spoiler (major)

Holy fucking shit, Batman. We now have a considerable number of Forerunner ships at our disposal.

The UNSC Infinity is going be outdated and outclassed before we even see it.

F**k. So awesome.
Hnggg, must get a copy. I decided to not buy it today, cause I have it on hold at the library. But... Yeah, the wait is hard. :-(

Retro

So, all of this book talk... having never read any of the books before, and having scoped the advice given in this thread... Start with Ghosts of Onyx, then Grasslands, with Cryptum as a stand-alone work after re-reading the H3 Terminals. Right? Don't need to worry about any of the other books if I want to do this on the cheap?

I'm sure the others are alright, but it sounds like Ghosts and Grasslands are the cream of the crop, and I'm in such a mood that I'd probably pick Ghosts up in paperback tomorrow for the hell of it, but only if it's the recommended starting place.

Hypertrooper said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
OuterWorldVoice said:
8/10 would read again.
Mhwp8.gif

OuterWorldVoice said:
8/10 would read again.
You would only add some precursor race, ancient ruin zombies, slipspace blood diamonds. I dont want you in charge of anything let alone the great 10 out of 10 rated Uncharted series.

They see me trollin

Do you think any of the mods would ever ban someone from the Industry?

I mean other thank Frankie... I bet he really runs the show around here o.o.... but that makes no sense because if he did Ellis would be banned :p

FyreWulff

Fuck that, they're better off changing the forum software if they want search back. vBB is not really suited to handle search after years and years of heavy posting.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The shotty-snipes guy from Bungie got banned.

Also Dyack.

Frankie's been banned before as well, not perma though.
FyreWulff said:
Fuck that, they're better off changing the forum software if they want search back. vBB is not really suited to handle search after years and years of heavy posting.
Maybe you should tell him. p:

Top Bottom