• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think a HaloGAF thread really does make the most sense.

A Reach/CEA/H4 HaloGAF thread in the Community forum, a gaming side OT for CEA, and new threads on the gaming side as new H4 news pops up.

Edit: 50% of my posts are on the top of the page wtf.

ElRenoRaven

Slightly Live said:
Glasslands Spoiler (Major? Minor? I dunno yet!)

Last warning.

Spartan-Four program...

I feel like a kid in a sweety shop reading this.

Don't surprise me. I'm 2 chapters in and already called that based on what I've read so far.

Havok

Another minor (?) semi-throwaway Glasslands line tying into a certain question from a teaser trailer:
MJOLNIR upgrades itself during cryo via nanotech. Crotchless Chief vindicated.

Ok. Kindle question. I brought my kindle to school with me to use the free wi-fi and buy glasslands. Sadly, I cant connect to this internet with my kindle and didnt bring a wire.. Anyway I can purchase the book via computer and read it on the computer?

ElRenoRaven

Havok said:
Another minor (?) semi-throwaway Glasslands line tying into a certain question from a teaser trailer:

You're kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding.

ElRenoRaven

Demoncarnotaur said:
Ok. Kindle question. I brought my kindle to school with me to use the free wi-fi and buy glasslands. Sadly, I cant connect to this internet with my kindle and didnt bring a wire.. Anyway I can purchase the book via computer and read it on the computer?

Fear not. Amazon Has a kindle for PC app that lets you read your kindle books on your computer. It's what I use since my Ipod touch died a year ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd?docId=1000426311

Donat said:
About that shotgun bug:
http://i.minus.com/ixB49cqbelKBv.jpg[img]
[/quote]
I've seen you guys complaining about a shotgun bug for weeks without any idea what it was - I would look at shotgun footage and wonder what the problem was and if I was a bad Halo fan for not noticing. Now that I know, I feel silly for missing it. Can't unsee [spoiler]but realistically, it's probably not going to bother me very much[/spoiler].

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Glasslands spoiler

All the improvements in drive performance and weapons capacity we can now incorperate into Infinity...

Teasingly awesome.

TheOddOne

Havok said:
I caved.

I said wat.

Havok said:

For fuck's sake

Karl2177

Slightly Live said:
Glasslands spoiler

All the improvements in drive performance and weapons capacity we can now incorperate into Infinity...

Teasingly awesome.
As in
Marathon?
Or am I missing something here?

Ramirez

Havok said:

Hahahaha

senador

Banned
Donat said:
About that shotgun bug:
ixB49cqbelKBv.jpg

Footage seems to be from yesterday (don't click if you don't want the previously unseen levels spoiled):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSA3mJqmNE

=/

OMG was the fog back in 343GS? It looked like it. I hope so.

I have a theory about the clipping of the shotgun.... Is it possible that the clipping is in the overscan portion of the screen and is only visible in screen captures? I'm thinking that maybe while playing the game on a TV that part is actually offscreen. If not, the animation is so quick that the clipping won't bother me.

Letters said:
We Halo fans pretty much only talk about the great Halo Reach here, so no need for that kind of thread, it would feel very offtopic to discuss Reach in a Halo-dedicated thread.

I'm starting to find it humorous how much you hate Reach. I mean yeah its different but I personally don't feel its deserving of the amount of hate you give it. Regardless, you should just get used to it as Reach will inevitably be discussed in any Halo thread after this. You may as well just accept and embrace it to make it easier for you. ;)

Edit: I think you were being sarcastic based on others not wanting a Halo thread. If so, sorry, but I think my point still stands. ;)

Once I get my hands into Anniversary it will be my first time playing through Halo CE's campaign so I'd like to take some screens from it.

How would I do this? fyi I don't know anything about capture cards and I don't feel like buying one.

Gabotron ES said:
Once I get my hands into Anniversary it will be my first time playing through Halo CE's campaign so I'd like to take some screens from it.

How would I do this? fyi I don't know anything about capture cards and I don't feel like buying one.
Damn. Quit this thread. You never played through CE's campaign? Seriously? I thought you were a good spanish guy. BUT YOU DISAPPOINTED ME SON!

You can make it offscreen with a Camera, otherwise there is no other way without a capture device.

Havok said:

Im actually fine with this dont see the problem.

Gabotron ES said:

Well, since there's no theater mode, I guess it's either that or nothing.

Havok said:
Shit, Halo turned into
Crysis
now?

Gabotron ES said:

I dont understand the question, you dont want to use the only means of capturing from a console yet you want the result. Surely you can see the problems with what your asking right?

Option 1, Buy a capture card dont settle for crap get a Black Magic intensity pro.
Option 2, Dont buy a capture card deal with not getting screens.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
StalkerUKCG said:
Im actually fine with this dont see the problem.

We can travel faster than light, we can repair dents. Anyway, there will be more to say about this later, but it's spoiler-y, so we won't be discussing it for a bit.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Gabotron ES said:

PrtScn.jpg

Hypertrooper said:
Damn. Quit this thread. You never played through CE's campaign? Seriously? I thought you were a good spanish guy. BUT YOU DISAPPOINTED ME SON!

You can make it offscreen with a Camera, otherwise there is no other way without a capture device.
B-but I though we were friends! I should exile myself now.

senador said:
I'm starting to find it humorous how much you hate Reach. I mean yeah its different but I personally don't feel its deserving of the amount of hate you give it. Regardless, you should just get used to it as Reach will inevitably be discussed in any Halo thread after this. You may as well just accept and embrace it to make it easier for you. ;)
I don't get the hate too, I don't like bloom at all but Reach brought us some great features, I love Invasion and Firefight is freaking awesome.

FyreWulff

Havok said:

Chief's glove change from 2->3 explained

Tashi0106 said:
How would this work, should I connect my Xbox to my PC monitor via VGA cable?

OuterWorldVoice said:
We can travel faster than light, we can repair dents. Anyway, there will be more to say about this later, but it's spoiler-y, so we won't be discussing it for a bit.
Forerunner crystals bro!

daedalius

Havok said:

INTEGRATED JETPACKS, GO!

feel

Havok said:
haha ohwow

OuterWorldVoice said:

So, is the tech built into the armor or the cryo-tube? Or both? And here I was hoping an engineer tinkered on him while he slept.

daedalius

Demoncarnotaur said:
So, is the tech built into the armor or the cryo-tube? Or both? And here I was hoping an engineer tinkered on him while he slept.

Halsey obviously made upgrades to MJOLNIR, sent them out on a FTL super-secret channel which the destroyed half of Chief's ship received, then the MJOLNIR suit along with the Cryo-tube carried out the upgrades, and Chief obviously knew how to use the new upgrades (like his integrated jetpack) because the suit/tube was imprinting his brain with knowledge about it while he slept.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE, other than the fact that Halsey is still stuck on Onyx.

I need to go get this book tonight. Was much easier when Borders was down the street from me :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Demoncarnotaur said:

He just said they won't be talking about it for a while. =P

I'm drinking in the universe (re)building Glasslands is doing. I'm pleasantly surprised at the scale that's been achieved.

From the network of Yig-Kar traders, sub-servient Brutes, the unnamed Sangeili serfs to Halsey's past catching up with her now that she's essentially cornered by her situation.

I can see some folks might complain about the pacing. It's deliberately slow with very little "action" so far. There's such a dry tension in everything though. We have various groups of folks from Elite warriors, ODST's and Spartans all itching to fight and totally unaccustomed to the enforced downtime.

*Not finished reading =)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Slightly Live said:
He just said they won't be talking about it for a while. =P

I'm drinking in the universe (re)building Glasslands is doing. I'm pleasantly surprised at the scale that's been achieved.

From the network of Yig-Kar traders, sub-servient Brutes, the unnamed Sangeili serfs to Halsey's past catching up with her now that she's essentially cornered by her situation.

I can see some folks might complain about the pacing. It's deliberately slow with very little action so far. *Not finished reading =)
That sounds so effing awesome.

Trasher

Havok said:
LOL. This is going a bit too far IMO.

wwm0nkey

Trasher said:
LOL. This is going a bit too far IMO.
Not really, again its the year 2552 (well in this case 2553), if they didn't have that kind of tech I would question how they are able to travel via slipspace.

Gabotron ES said:
How would this work, should I connect my Xbox to my PC monitor via VGA cable?

Not sure if serious, You know that you monitor isnt a pc right?. If you connect your xbox to your monitor you think your PC will just dump the image your monitor displays. Im more confused about how you even think this would be possible.

daedalius

wwm0nkey said:
Not really, again its the year 2552 (well in this case 2553), if they didn't have that kind of tech I would question how they are able to travel via slipspace.

Slipspace Crystals... believe!

You're now aware you're all arguing about hypothetical technologies written in sci-fi books based on video games.

Its the best way to do it.

daedalius

Havok said:
Minor Glasslands.

"Lighter than the old model. Mark Seven. New supplier."

Maybe it only weighs like 800lbs instead of ~990 like Master Chief does. I wonder if Jorge and MC are about the same size...? That guy seems like a giant in Reach

Top Bottom