• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Hi!

ncsuDuncan invites his friends at NeoGAF to become his real friends over at Playfire. What's Playfire you ask? Well let me tell you future friend of ncsuDuncan! Playfire is the future of social networking for gamers like yourself and ncsuDuncan. In Playfire you're able to track what your friends are doing at all times and compare stats and achievements between your favorite games. Awesome! Best of all, Playfire is free. All we need for you to sign up is your Xbox live sign info including email and password, Full name, address, phone number, social security number, bank account number, routing number and any security questions and answers you filed with your bank. Why do we need all of this info? Well, actually if you read this far, we already have all the information we need. You're fucked now. Good luck trying to change your passwords, it's too late. As you're reading this, we're taking your email, any Twitter or Facebook accounts and your credit information that you have tied to your Xbox Live account. I guess ncsuDuncan and yourself aren't really friends anymore huh? Have fun trying to take your identity back.

Sincerely,

ncsuDuncaPlayfire

ElRenoRaven

Hi!

PsychoRaven invites his friends at NeoGAF to become his real friends over at Playfire. What's Playfire you ask? Well let me tell you future friend of PsychoRaven! Playfire is the future of social networking for gamers like yourself and PsychoRaven. In Playfire you're able to track what your friends are doing at all times and compare stats and achievements between your favorite games. Awesome! Best of all, Playfire is free. All we need for you to sign up is your Xbox live sign info including email and password, Full name, address, phone number, social security number, bank account number, routing number and any security questions and answers you filed with your bank. Why do we need all of this info? Well, actually if you read this far, we already have all the information we need. You're fucked now. Good luck trying to change your passwords, it's too late. As you're reading this, we're taking your email, any Twitter or Facebook accounts and your credit information that you have tied to your Xbox Live account. I guess PsychoRaven and yourself aren't really friends anymore huh? Have fun trying to take your identity back.

Sincerely,

PsychoravePlayfire

senador

Banned
Barrow Roll said:
Terminal on 343 is in a devious spot. I'll you a hint though. Near the end of the level. before you exit the complex.
Wow I'd say. I just found it but can't seem to make it to it.

Edit: Oh duh nevermind.

TheOddOne

Tashi0106 said:
Hi!

Tashi0106 invites his friends at NeoGAF to become his real friends over at Playfire. What's Playfire you ask? Well let me tell you future friend of Tashi0106! Playfire is the future of social networking for gamers like yourself and Tashi0106. In Playfire you're able to track what your friends are doing at all times and compare stats and achievements between your favorite games. Awesome! Best of all, Playfire is free. All we need for you to sign up is your Xbox live sign info including email and password, Full name, address, phone number, social security number, bank account number, routing number and any security questions and answers you filed with your bank. Why do we need all of this info? Well, actually if you read this far, we already have all the information we need. You're fucked now. Good luck trying to change your passwords, it's too late. As you're reading this, we're taking your email, any Twitter or Facebook accounts and your credit information that you have tied to your Xbox Live account. I guess Tashi0106 and yourself aren't really friends anymore huh? Have fun trying to take your identity back.

Sincerely,

Tashi010Playfire
Stopped reading.

No thanks bro.

stephen08

I don't understand having 2 4v4 playlists in Anniversary when one overlaps with the other. Wouldn't it be far more logical to have the Squad playlist be standard Reach and the Anniversary one remain as is? Or you could even consolidate them to one list really.

I didn't mention it last night, but playing with Heckfu, Xand, Zalin, Elzar, thezerofire, Hyper and many others is incredibly fun (Someone's gonna point out I forgot them aren't they? I'm apologising inadvance for having forgotten you.). Some absolutely hilarious discussions about just about anything. Truly an awesome social experience. All possible, with PlayFire, my first choice in quality social gaming!

stephen08 said:
I don't understand having 2 4v4 playlists in Anniversary when one overlaps with the other. Wouldn't it be far more logical to have the Squad playlist be standard Reach and the Anniversary one remain as is? Or you could even consolidate them to one list really.

WHOA there, don't not get any of that shit near my classic playlist.

I don't understand why squad is like half classic playlist and half TU Reach either though.

Woorloog

Banned
Why doesn't Halo Waypoint site have an easy way to check playlist maps and gametypes? The forums are not an easy way, playlists should be behind one click at most

What are the settings on classic playlists? And does any classic list have all 6 maps?
I think i have a few days of Live Gold left so i might try out them.

So my father had some Brain surgery last week, (not a joke), and he has the television occupied harder then hippies on wall street.

I want to play CEA so bad D:

PooBone

Steelyuhas said:
It is guaranteed to come back. Even if Firefight was terrible, a co-op mode is a feature you pretty much have to have it in a AAA shooter.
Firefight is a good mode, it was awesome in ODST, but in Reach it felt like the team just shit it out. The customization is there for the user to an extent, but Bungie didn't do anything on their own to make it very fun. Half-assed implementation imo. It feels like a soulless game mode.

A27_StarWolf said:
So my father had some Brain surgery last week, (not a joke), and he has the television occupied harder then hippies on wall street.

I want to play CEA so bad D:
LOL, does he have Fox News turned on 24/7 rotting your brain too?

Woorloog said:
Why doesn't Halo Waypoint site have an easy way to check playlist maps and gametypes? The forums are not an easy way, playlists should be behind one click at most

What are the settings on classic playlists? And does any classic list have all 6 maps?
I think i have a few days of Live Gold left so i might try out them.
I agree they should have it easily visible online. And as far as I know there's only one playlist with "classic" settings, and it only has 4 maps. stupid.

PooBone said:
Firefight is a good mode, it was awesome in ODST, but in Reach it felt like the team just shit it out. The customization is there for the user to an extent, but Bungie didn't do anything on their own to make it very fun. Half-assed implementation imo. It feels like a soulless game mode.

LOL, does he have Fox News turned on 24/7 rotting your brain too?

I agree. and as far as I know there's only one playlist with "classic" settings, and it only has 4 maps. stupid.

All protesters are hippies bro, I'm all for Occupy Wall street.

For the record, my Father watches Fox news and CNN. He can't stand the Fox News opinion pieces but that's just what they are, its not news its how someone thinks and feels. Its hilarious when people say well Bill 'O Glenn Hanity doesn't check his or her facts, who cares its just someone shouting their opinion, who cares lol.

From my life experience the regular and equal viewing of Fox News and CNN, CNN used to be just as liberal as FOX is conservative, and things like that are partly why FOX news came into fruition. However CNN has gone way more to the moderate side of things while FOX news has not gotten much better.

The fact still remains, if you protest, you are a hippie :p

Steelyuhas said:
WHOA there, don't not get any of that shit near my classic playlist.

I don't understand why squad is like half classic playlist and half TU Reach either though.

That's the biggest headscratcher for me. It's two different experiences with different settings and everything. Probably why I've been sticking to just the anniversary classic playlist.

Also, I've gotta be the only one who isn't in complete love with Hang 'em High.

Striker

stephen08 said:
Why consolidate them? One uses armor abilities, the other does not. It's a vast difference for many people, like myself. Also the gametypes are different, i.e. no headhunter in Classic. Shame they didn't put Neutral Bomb in Classic, funny enough it is in 4v4 Squad. o_O

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah sorry, haven't played it yet. I played CEA for a couple days and then Skyrim took over my life. I get up early just so I can do planning for my questing in the evening (this morning it was prepping my gear for a nasty dungeon expedition I have planned tonight; it's going to be quite the trek for Nall and I).

I'll do FF first tonight, because if I don't I know Skyrim will just suck me in hard. Should be on around 8:00 pacific; that's my normal start time since its when the kids go to bed.
That's why I missed you; past my bedtime for a 3:45am wakeup call. :-\ Maybe I can pull you away from Skyrim this weekend.

Falagard

I bought the anniversary maps last night. I'm pretty happy that they came out at the same time as Halo CEA since I don't intend to buy that game right away.

The new maps are super fun, except um Hang Em High with AR/Pistol starts.

You guys should have remade Terminal.

Woorloog

Banned
PooBone said:
I agree they should have it easily visible online. And as far as I know there's only one playlist with "classic" settings, and it only has 4 maps. stupid.
What? Sigh... Classic Settings, all 6 maps with their classic configs, 4v4, that's what i want. Ideally without the classic pistol but i can live with that if i get good maps and proper Halo settings, not Reach shit.
I guess i won't be playing multiplayer games anymore this year, other than SWTOR that is.

Dreaver

Getting Halo CEA tonight together with Skyrim. Haven't played Halo Reach for a long time. Didn't really like the armor abilities and the new maps were boring (I probably played less then 40 hours online.. versus 700+ in Halo 3).

Exciting playing Halo 1 campaign co-op on legendary again and playing the new playlists!

PooBone

A27_StarWolf said:
All protesters are hippies bro, I'm all for Occupy Wall street.

For the record, my Father watches Fox news and CNN. He can't stand the Fox News opinion pieces but that's just what they are, its not news its how someone thinks and feels. Its hilarious when people say well Bill 'O Glenn Hanity doesn't check his or her facts, who cares its just someone shouting their opinion, who cares lol.

From my life experience the regular and equal viewing of Fox News and CNN, CNN used to be just as liberal as FOX is conservative, and things like that are partly why FOX news came into fruition. However CNN has gone way more to the moderate side of things while FOX news has not gotten much better.

The fact still remains, if you protest, you are a hippie :p
I thought if you protested, you were a protester. Hippies is a term that, at least for me and people around me, is reserved for long-haired potheads who don't shower or work. That's why I took offense. :) I don't wanna derail this into a political thread, but Fox News was originated in the 70's, and the original source document was titles "How to get the GOP into mainstream media." Little has changed, opinion pieces or not. CNN did used to be far more left, they're now a bit more middle ground while MSNBC has become the left-wing version of Fox News.

Ramirez said:
Am I the only one that really dislikes Damnation?

I'd still take it over the majority of Reach maps, but yea.
Not a fan of Damnation either, but Reach maps.... yeah, they suck for the most part.

Hypertrooper said:
lol that dude never looks like duncan. Get some glasses!
Putting glasses on that guy wouldn't make him look more like me. ;)

Can't see the pic from work, but I think I know which one you're talking about. Obviously that guy was cosplaying as his favorite Halo icon.

ncsuDuncan said:
Can't see the pic from work, but I think I know which one you're talking about. Obviously that guy was cosplaying as his favorite Halo icon.
Shishka?

Trollface.jpg. Actually like Shishka, wish he would post again. Lost password issue if I recall correctly

Striker

Considering the map quality from Reach and Halo 3, Damnation is stellar. It was one of the better CE maps, also. Chill Out and Prisoner were faves from many, but I was never a big fan. Much preferred Damnation and Battle Creek for the small team action.

FyreWulff

PNut said:
Yeah that's kinda what I was looking for but it isn't much help. It also says I played the level 343 Guilty Spark for over a day. lol.

I think I've figured out why it's doing that. I have over 18 hours recorded for my play of Truth and Reconciliation.. when I know for a fact that me and co-op-bro finished it in 2 or so.

What seems to be happening is that Waypoint is counting the time from your first attempt at the level to when it sees you finish the level.

So we were playing through, beat Halo, and started T&R at like 3am. I end the game.

Sleep, wake up, later that night play through and beat T&R roughly 18 hours later. So it doesn't matter if you start the run over completely like we did - it just timestamps when you first start the level and then records when you beat the level.

Don't know if that's a bug or intentional, but there you go.

I'll know for sure when we finally get to completing Silent Cartographer tonight. We started on it like two days ago and I ended the mission, so if it says something like 48+ hours then I guess that confirms the behavior.

Zeouterlimits said:
Shishka?

Trollface.jpg. Actually like Shishka, wish he would post again. Lost password issue if I recall correctly
gaf_avatar_noble6.jpg

Agreed. The 343 presence here is pretty solid already, but getting Shishka back would be icing on the cake; especially once we start seeing and discussing Halo 4 gameplay. Did he try "password"?

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:
gaf_avatar_noble6.jpg

Agreed. The 343 presence here is pretty solid already, but getting Shishka back would be icing on the cake; especially once we start seeing and discussing Halo 4 gameplay. Did he try "password"?

His password is on the same drive that Lockout Forgeworld is sitting on.

Or we have to get more copies of Age of Booty sold to wish him back to life.

feel

Ramirez said:

Despite really liking them all back in the day with friends in LAN, in a competitive matchmaking environment, of the 4 maps in classic I only really like Beaver Creek.

Really wish they had gone with other stuff like Turf and whatnot

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Shut this nerdfire shit up please and thank you.

You around to dong this weekend? I've got an Amia Miley pack downloading, various drinks, MLG streaming all weekend, and new maps to dong on. Looks like a baller ass Saturday and Sunday. Be there.

Ramirez said:

I played a game of CTF on Hang 'em High. It was lame as fuck. I do pretty well on Damnation so I can't complain. Hell I do well on Hang 'em also but CTF is a total pain in the ass.

kylej said:
You around to dong this weekend? I've got an Amia Miley pack downloading, various drinks, MLG streaming all weekend, and new maps to dong on. Looks like a baller ass Saturday and Sunday. Be there.

Imagine Thanksgiving weekend bruh, stuffed on turkey or ham, new maps, glorious.

Woorloog said:
What? Sigh... Classic Settings, all 6 maps with their classic configs, 4v4, that's what i want. Ideally without the classic pistol but i can live with that if i get good maps and proper Halo settings, not Reach shit.
I guess i won't be playing multiplayer games anymore this year, other than SWTOR that is.
There is a playlist called Anniversary Classic. It has 5/6 maps with their classic configs.

Play that.

Striker

Devolution said:
I played a game of CTF on Hang 'em High. It was lame as fuck. I do pretty well on Damnation so I can't complain. Hell I do well on Hang 'em also but CTF is a total pain in the ass.
One thing they kind of messed up on was keeping Hang 'em High's red base at the small tower. It's meant for the attacking team, and that's why they opted that route in Halo 2 (Tombstone had red base in the large area, blue in the small). So now in CEA's Hang 'em High, 1-flag and 1-bomb are getting charged at a small tower.

Damnation 1-bomb is pretty fun in the games I've played in. Haven't seen 1-flag pop up yet.

PooBone said:
I thought if you protested, you were a protester. Hippies is a term that, at least for me and people around me, is reserved for long-haired potheads who don't shower or work. That's why I took offense. :) I don't wanna derail this into a political thread, but Fox News was originated in the 70's, and the original source document was titles "How to get the GOP into mainstream media." Little has changed, opinion pieces or not. CNN did used to be far more left, they're now a bit more middle ground while MSNBC has become the left-wing version of Fox News.

Not a fan of Damnation either, but Reach maps.... yeah, they suck for the most part.

sounds like hippie talk :p

Striker said:
One thing they kind of messed up on was keeping Hang 'em High's red base at the small tower. It's meant for the attacking team, and that's why they opted that route in Halo 2 (Tombstone had red base in the large area, blue in the small). So now in CEA's Hang 'em High, 1-flag and 1-bomb are getting charged at a small tower.

Damnation 1-bomb is pretty fun in the games I've played in. Haven't seen 1-flag pop up yet.

1 flag suffers from objectives having hilarious spawns.

FyreWulff said:
His password is on the same drive that Lockout Forgeworld is sitting on.
c4ged_suX

-------
What if someone built a forge remake of Lockout adjusted for Armor Abilities? Loosely copy the layout and do what is necessary to keep a solid framerate. That would be a great way to finally eliminate Caged/Uncaged from matchmaking but keep a floating asymmetrical map... I seriously think jetpack would be less annoying on Lockout than it is on Uncaged.

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:
c4ged_suX

-------
What if someone built a forge remake of Lockout adjusted for Armor Abilities? Loosely copy the layout and do what is necessary to keep a solid framerate. That would be a great way to finally eliminate Caged/Uncaged from matchmaking but keep a floating asymmetrical map... I seriously think jetpack would be less annoying on Lockout than it is on Uncaged.

That's apparently what Shishkout was going to be. At least that's what he told me when I asked about it at PAX. But I also was running on about 3 hours of sleep, sooo

edit: it was going to have all the original jumps and not have an ass framerate

Striker

Devolution said:
1 flag suffers from objectives having hilarious spawns.
It's pretty difficult to name a 4v4 asymmetric map that didn't have great spawns. Burial Mounds, High Ground, and Powerhouse all have pretty bad spawns in their home base. More coverage area, i.e. something like a garage in Terminal is more suitable.

High Ground's spawns were hilariously bad in Team Slayer, too, so who knows.

kylej

Banned
Devolution said:
Imagine Thanksgiving weekend bruh, stuffed on turkey or ham, new maps, glorious.

Yeah great I'll have my mom and family barking in my ear while I'm trying to hear my teammates' pro callouts and blain kids. Mom I gotta game right now throw me another Gamer Fuel and leave me alone.

Top Bottom