• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

kylej said:
Yeah great I'll have my mom and family barking in my ear while I'm trying to hear my teammates' pro callouts and blain kids. Mom I gotta game right now throw me another Gamer Fuel and leave me alone.

Nah you gotta scream into your mic "MOM I SAID I WANT SOME FUCKING CHOCOLATE MILK."

ncsuDuncan said:
c4ged_suX

-------
What if someone built a forge remake of Lockout adjusted for Armor Abilities? Loosely copy the layout and do what is necessary to keep a solid framerate. That would be a great way to finally eliminate Caged/Uncaged from matchmaking but keep a floating asymmetrical map... I seriously think jetpack would be less annoying on Lockout than it is on Uncaged.
*cough* :)

Just a reminder for HaloGAF, I almost forgot about this:

The NeoGAF forums will go offline in about six hours.

EviLore said:
Scheduled downtime begins Friday, November 18th at approximately 23:00 GMT (6pm EST) and is estimated to last at least 15 hours. For status updates when something inevitably goes terribly wrong, check @NeoGAF on Twitter. See thread for details on new features: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452106
What the hell am I supposed to do on a Friday night without NeoGAF?
Throwing a Halo LAN party with some old friends.

FyreWulff

Also,

are these maps ever going to sort properly with the other ones, or are they so egotistical that they feel they should always sort first? These maps are such divas.

ncsuDuncan said:

Yes! One less distraction so I can write my paper. :)

Thanks for the reminder. Forgot all about it.

Sai-kun

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:

I guess that means it's time to study for finals :(

ncsuDuncan said:

I'll be watching last night's episode of Community again (everyone needs to watch this show, please), then CEA campaign once Mrs. Squid falls asleep.

squidhands said:
I'll be watching last night's episode of Community again (everyone needs to watch this show, please), then CEA campaign once Mrs. Squid falls asleep.
I'm about to do that right now! Everyone needs to pick up their remotes and tune in for Community. It's likely to get canceled after this season.

Six seasons and a movie!

FyreWulff said:
Also,

are these maps ever going to sort properly with the other ones, or are they so egotistical that they feel they should always sort first? These maps are such divas.

Yeah, it's a little OCD, but it annoys me that they are at the top and not alphabetical like the rest of the maps.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Dax01 said:
I'm about to do that right now! Everyone needs to pick up their remotes and tune in for Community. It's likely to get canceled after this seasons.

Six seasons and a movie!
I haven't watched it in awhile, but that's sad to hear. Good dark humour and dry wit.

wwm0nkey

Steelyuhas said:
Speaking of achievements, does HaloGAF want to full party those because some of those are just plain stupid?

Ihaznohalohonor I know
I am up for that, Halo honor has no place for MP achievements.

Hey You

Steelyuhas said:
Speaking of achievements, does HaloGAF want to full party those because some of those are just plain stupid?

Ihaznohalohonor I know
I got the Headshot,splatter and flag carrier stick one legit, but the remaining ones I think I'll want apart of that.

I'm all for earning them legitly and I enjoy working towards multiplayer achievements (especially in H3) but they are gotten more and more ridiculous (get stuck and try to kill the guy who stuck you?,Assinate an Armor Lock player?) Come on now, you would think 343i would learn by now from Bungie.

ElRenoRaven

Steelyuhas said:

Ihaznohalohonor I know

Count me in. Just tell me when and send me an invite when time.

Ramirez said:
Am I the only one that really dislikes Damnation?

I'd still take it over the majority of Reach maps, but yea.

I actually despise it more than I thought I would. When it was announced I thought it was a waste of a classic map slot; never played it much during CE lans, always considered it a poor map. Sure enough these thoughts were vindicated by the fact it's the only map of the six in present day Reach that I don't like - the rest are awesome (especially beaver creek and hang em high).

The map is bad in classic mode; it's positively morbid in co-existence with the jetpack. My friend has been playing BF3 and neglecting Reach, so come CEA launch day MM, I was putting up the big numbers. Then we started playing games of Penance and he put the numbers up. He is the UK's biggest jetpack whore (He is actually top of Halocharts in the UK for firebird medals) so go figure.

The jetpack fucks the map.

Lyphen said:
I haven't watched it in awhile, but that's sad to hear. Good dark humour and dry wit.
This season was a slow start, but recent episodes are absolute gold.

I'm down for the MP achievements too. It would be nice to play this game with a group rather than the solo ventures that I endure.

Karl2177

FyreWulff said:
Not for long :p
Cold, but true. :lol

Also, Dammy/Penance is poor. Better than some of the Reach stock offerings, but still not even close to Halo 3 and it's super far from Halo 2 standards.

Steelyuhas said:

Ihaznohalohonor I know

i'm definitely down, just send me a time and place (lol?)

kylej said:
Yeah great I'll have my mom and family barking in my ear while I'm trying to hear my teammates' pro callouts and blain kids. Mom I gotta game right now throw me another Gamer Fuel and leave me alone.

3 to 10ish PM ESTish.

I've got a quiz and I'm driving for 5 hours today, so late night PST I might play, but other than that pretty much anytime this weekend would be good for me.

The Playfire thing... it's some kind of scam? Someone on my friend list just send me a pm with this url "http://www.playfire.com/xbox/Gabotron_ES" and I haven't even enterd any info.

Is my "friend" really trying to get my personal info? Not cool :(

If there are any multiplayer achievements in Halo 4 (I hope not) they really should be doable in custom games as well.

That way:
- Achievement whores can get them over with in custom games instead of ruining matchmaking games.
- People who want to get achievements the legit way can still try for them in matchmaking.
- Achivement requirements won't force 343 to keep certain gametypes/playlists around.

-------
squidhands is right - You should really watch Community, it's brilliant. Don't let NBC repeat Fox's mistakes on Arrested Development.

Ayo I'm downloading this mammoth map pack thing and will probably play some MP before touching Anniversary. Send me invites I haven't played an FPS in two months thx bye.

Steelyuhas said:

Ihaznohalohonor I know

Yes.

Dude some of those achievements are aweful. Worst thing is you have to be on Defiant map pack maps to unlock some of them. WTF.

TheOddOne said:
We got four people, cmon GAF :p

get me in!

stephen08

Striker said:
Why consolidate them? One uses armor abilities, the other does not. It's a vast difference for many people, like myself. Also the gametypes are different, i.e. no headhunter in Classic. Shame they didn't put Neutral Bomb in Classic, funny enough it is in 4v4 Squad. o_O

Squad is TU Reach and Anniversary gametypes, and the Anniversary playlist is purely Anniversary gametypes. I like that the maps will show up for both groups but I am saying they should remove the Anniversary gametypes from Squad since there is a whole playlist dedicated to them already.

While we are on the topic of playlists:

Premium Battle needs some attention stat. It went downhill once Premium Slayer was consolidated into it but that was never made clear so a lot of people assumed that it was still the same. And now it requires all DLC but makes no mention of this in the playlist information.

I think it is as simple as a rebranding and new splash screen. Maybe a super jackpot weekend would help too?

Steelyuhas said:

Ihaznohalohonor I know

Halo honor goes out the window with achievements this bad. I'll gladly help people if you send me an invite when needed.

PooBone

A27_StarWolf said:
sounds like hippie talk :p
you sunuva....

bobs99 ... said:
Yes.

Dude some of those achievements are aweful. Worst thing is you have to be on Defiant map pack maps to unlock some of them. WTF.

get me in!

The Reach achievements they added are terrible, especially the Defiant ones. Stupid. Halo 3 and Halo Reach both have horrible multiplayer achievements.

I actually really like damnation (classic settings). I don't like Hang 'em High at all though. It's way too open with the accuracy and power of the pistol.

stephen08

Steelyuhas said:
As long as MP achievements are for the player investment system, then I'm okay with them, but in game actions for MP achievements are terrible.

They can be okay if they are team oriented. This Defiant one for not letting the enemy team touch the flag in a 1 flag game is a good example. It fails for other reasons though.

Top Bottom