• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

ElRenoRaven

Actually at one time MS has went after them for collecting live IDs when visiting their site without permission and stopped them. Sounds like that may be happening again by the way you guys are talking.

lybertyboy said:
Already taken care of.

And I sense Microsoft ninjas on the prowl.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
lol, who would be dumb enough to go to some random website like that?

Oh, Tashi...

teehee

lol I was curious!

I fell trap to a fake twitter message before too. I'm usually really good with this stuff lol

Blinding said:
No, they get your info from you going to their site, not from the message itself.
How would they get your Live ID info if you just visit the site but not enter in any info? I hope I'm not infected...

Someone let me know if they get a spam message from me please.

senador

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
As long as you don't go to that site you don't. Speaking of which I got one from you too Devo.
I went to the site from my phone. I didn't sign in and not signed into Live I don't think.

Trasher said:
Jeeze. Devo sure gets around.

Noooooooooooooo. It's my subconscious revenge for only being able to play every so often.

Oh also why camo still in game. Was playing BTB on Ridgeline and some dude had camo, snipes and rocks. Clearly that's not cheap bullshit at all.

orznge

Banned
Karl2177 said:
Guy in pre-game lobby calls me garbage. Said guy goes -2, while I go +4. Why is the general population of Reach stupid?

I don't know. It certainly wasn't this way in Halo 2 or 3.

Devolution said:
Noooooooooooooo.

Oh also why camo still in game. Was playing BTB on Ridgeline and some dude had camo, snipes and rocks. Clearly that's not cheap bullshit at all.
Were you playing one of the Anniversary gametypes? Proper camo is still in those as a pick-up.

Dug said:
I'm pretty sure there was trash talking in Halo 3....
That's the joke.

Devolution said:
Being able to use weapons like sniper with it? I'd rather it just be used to troll the flag base or something.
It only lasts for 30 seconds and they re-appear when they shoot/melee/throw nades.

Did you hate camo in the first 3 Halo games?

The Real Napsta said:
It only lasts for 30 seconds and they re-appear when they shoot/melee/throw nades.

Did you hate camo in the first 3 Halo games?

Camo was different in those games, don't play this game.

Also sorry about the spam from that bullshit website.

Devolution said:
Camo was different in those games, don't play this game.
Doesn't it act the same in it's power-up iteration? As a map pick-up it becomes like any other power weapon that players have to fight for, which is how it is in the Anniversary Classic playlist.

As an AA it is pretty annoying I'll give you that.

Dug

Banned
Letters said:
Got a playfire message from someone on my list, how already dead am I?
Throw your xbox out a window, smash it with a hammer, and then throw it in a fire. You should be safe then. Maybe, if still not safe you must buy a new Xbox, and repeat.

Letters said:
Got a playfire message from someone on my list, how already dead am I?

5GwqB.png

KevinRo

Barrow Roll said:
How would they get your Live ID info if you just visit the site but not enter in any info? I hope I'm not infected...

Someone let me know if they get a spam message from me please.

It's called session stealing. Deals with cookies in your browser. After a while the knock back times out and your session should end.. They don't really get your password, unless you sign in on their site.

Hey You

Anybody having problems unlocking some of the new achievements?

I just played a game of Alpha Zombies on High Noon, got three headshots in a row and no achievement.

Is there some hidden requirement like it needs to be with a DMR or Needle Rifle? Has to be on the original version (Hang Em High)?

daedalius

Ramirez said:
That concept art is jaw dropping.

Hmm I'd best get busy to get a job at Certain Affinity when I move to Austin... downloading now.

Man, so good at 1920x1080, can really get in there and see some good detail/construction.

*slowly plays through 343 GS checking every side room*

*gets to final area without finding Terminal*

*Xbox freezes*

*reboots Xbox, level resumes... at the beginning*

:|

trounced_xbox.jpg

ncsuDuncan said:
*slowly plays through 343 GS checking every side room*

*gets to final area without finding Terminal*

*Xbox freezes*

*reboots Xbox, level resumes... at the beginning*

:|

trounced_xbox.jpg
Terminal on 343 is in a devious spot. I'll you a hint though. Near the end of the level. before you exit the complex.

wwm0nkey

Awesome Barlow said:
Has anyone gotten one of those messages from me? Because I got one the other day too.
Ever make a Playfire account? Also it appears Devo sent me a friend request on Playfire even though I am sure she didn't. Seems like the site is very desperate to get people back on and get new users.

wwm0nkey said:
Ever make a Playfire account? Also it appears Devo sent me a friend request on Playfire even though I am sure she didn't. Seems like the site is very desperate to get people back on and get new users.
No I have not made one. I take it I am safe then?

wwm0nkey said:
Yeah you should be good and like David said, the problem has already been taken care of.
Awesome. Oh btw, I'm actually going to play my xbox next week (feels weird to think about that) we need to hit up some BF3.

wwm0nkey said:

Ugh. Now it's spamming people more shit? Ffffffffffffffffff.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hi!

Tashi0106 invites his friends at NeoGAF to become his real friends over at Playfire. What's Playfire you ask? Well let me tell you future friend of Tashi0106! Playfire is the future of social networking for gamers like yourself and Tashi0106. In Playfire you're able to track what your friends are doing at all times and compare stats and achievements between your favorite games. Awesome! Best of all, Playfire is free. All we need for you to sign up is your Xbox live sign info including email and password, Full name, address, phone number, social security number, bank account number, routing number and any security questions and answers you filed with your bank. Why do we need all of this info? Well, actually if you read this far, we already have all the information we need. You're fucked now. Good luck trying to change your passwords, it's too late. As you're reading this, we're taking your email, any Twitter or Facebook accounts and your credit information that you have tied to your Xbox Live account. I guess Tashi0106 and yourself aren't really friends anymore huh? Have fun trying to take your identity back.

Sincerely,

Tashi010Playfire

Top Bottom