• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

daedalius

Wow I got carried hard in the BTB group, also managed to betray Juices with a rocket once.

Fun stuff ;)

My wireless seems to work fine, I also have the Reach console though.

FyreWulff

I'd play BTB more if there was a list that was just Headlong for a week.

edit: oh hay looks like my Xbox moved somewhere else on the router again.

Havok

Match up a random Recruit (zero games played) against a full party of Nobles and Eclipses? Trueskill? Almost felt sorry for the guy.

Next up, a bunch of guests.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
That's what happens when you're #8 on the charts with a smaller pool! Especially on the anniversary playlists. Not the resurgence I was hoping for (at the very least I was hoping they'd eclipse team slayer and infection regularly).

Whatever. I've had fun matches in classic and that's all that matters. Prisoner and Hang em High are quite fun without jetpacks fucking over sight lines.

Ramirez

That's what happens when you're #8 on the charts with a smaller pool! Especially on the anniversary playlists. Not the resurgence I was hoping for (at the very least I was hoping they'd eclipse team slayer and infection regularly).

Whatever. I've had fun matches in classic and that's all that matters. Prisoner and Hang em High are quite fun without jetpacks fucking over sight lines.

Yea, how is Living Dead STILL the most populated playlist? Disgusting...

Homeboyd

I heard it is embarrassing to not get the Popcorn.gif. But you shouldn't be disappointed to not get the Kill all Elites one if you got the Popcorn.GIF. I didn't get it. And everyone will laugh at me if they find out.
I got the popcorn.gif in one of the first few encounters... Before you even jump in the pit. The elite one... I didn't know where else to look. Everything was dead.

FIOS should have an asterisk

MLG Hall of Fame:
nystofmind23*

DAYUM!

Loving this multi-quote thing.

FyreWulff

Every time I see Headlong it's been voted away for Timberlands

Come on people, Halo PC comes in like cereal boxes now, you've all had a chance to play that map.

Ramirez

Still not sure how I feel about this game. It's a definite improvement over Reach, but I still can't see myself playing it every night, can't really put my finger on it.

99% of games being a slaughter with quitters doesn't help...and the voting options in BTB are so bland and bad. Where is the 1 Flag on Headlong? Multi Flag on HiH instead of 1 Flag, c'mon son.

kylej

Banned
TV size and wireless vs wired are what scrubs care about.

I've played with Wifi on a big ass TV since the original Xbox days and poop on kids all day every day.

PNut

Banned
Need dedis for the next one. So bullshit when one team can cross map and the other can't.

If Halo had dedicated servers Halo 3 would of been offline a year ago. Not a fan of games that have them. I mean I still like to play BF 1943 every now and then, but half the time the server is down.

Still not sure how I feel about this game. It's a definite improvement over Reach, but I still can't see myself playing it every night, can't really put my finger on it.

99% of games being a slaughter with quitters doesn't help...and the voting options in BTB are so bland and bad. Where is the 1 Flag on Headlong? Multi Flag on HiH instead of 1 Flag, c'mon son.

I've only gotten Headlong for slayers =(.

kylej

Banned
Needs to be a weekend playlist with griffball

Considering 343 seems to be following in the rich Halo tradition of having someone who doesn't play Halo manage the playlists, I doubt anything that will boost player populations will happen.

Gotta really 'make sure' they've nailed it 'before taking that step'.

That BTB classic match on Timberland sucked ass

2 kills and so many fucking deaths. Embarrassing performance by me, but at least we won by a small margin

And completing two Anniversary achievements was great

I don't think it was even a voting option for us tonight in the 10 or so games I played with them.

That should be weighted just as high as Slayer on any of the maps, no one wanted Headlong back for Slayer.

Slayer as blue team is the biggest "fuck me" there is.

Havok

That BTB classic match on Timberland sucked ass

2 kills and so many fucking deaths. Embarrassing performance by me, but at least we won by a small margin

And completing two Anniversary achievements was great
It just isn't a Slayer map. Two teams camping at their bases taking potshots at each other basically made it Slayer on Standoff on an extreme scale. It might be better for objective stuff (surely it must be), but at this point I think Ridgeline is a Halo 2-style "improvement on the old map in every way" kind of thing.

Slayer as a whole dominates BTB which is a shame. The objective stuff we managed to get was a blast, but it was always punctuated by something like Big Team Slayer on Hang 'em High which is a crossmapping clusterfuck, to put it lightly. Also, it's unfortunate that this release of Hang 'em High regressed on so many of the good changes that Tombstone brought - the switching of the defensive base to the large structure being one of the largest.

Good games tonight though, ladies and gentlemen, despite the bad final game (before I backed out, at least). Running with a full party in Big Team is still great fun.

Crucio

I don't understand the credentials for the "Dive Bomber" achievement. I've tried it many times. Any tips?

Perhaps its my method. How exactly does one achieve a "Beat Down"? I'm guessing its a double pummel with no other damage inflicted?

It just isn't a Slayer map. Two teams camping at their bases taking potshots at each other basically made it Slayer on Standoff on an extreme scale. It might be better for objective stuff (surely it must be), but at this point I think Ridgeline is a Halo 2-style "improvement on the old map in every way" kind of thing.

Slayer as a whole dominates BTB which is a shame. The objective stuff we managed to get was a blast, but it was always punctuated by something like Big Team Slayer on Hang 'em High which is a crossmapping clusterfuck, to put it lightly.

Objectives should be at like 70% with slayer at 30%. I'm serious. Big Team slayer is just big team clusterfuck on high noon, stand off on Ridgeline and "PLEASE DONT BE BLUE" on Breakneck.

Another great night of Halo. The new maps are so fresh, so good. I lke how differently each new map plays from the original variant too. This game, so good :p

Another great night of Halo. The new maps are so fresh, so good. I lke how differently each new map plays from the original variant too. This game, so good :p
I still demand to play One-CTF Headlong in Anniversary BTB. Is that even part of the playlist? Never shows up. Only Breakneck...

Updated avatar is hilarious Ram!

I feel that BTB is just really not for slayer is general most of the time. It's just too large scale for slayer I feel. Objective BTB is where its at.

Ramirez

Updated avatar is hilarious Ram!

I feel that BTB is just really not for slayer is general most of the time. It's just too large scale for slayer I feel. Objective BTB is where its at.

This X a million. It's the one playlist where I feel Objective should always outweigh slayer.

Certainly the most fun I've had with Reach in a while.

Headlong, <3.

Still those Prisoner spawns seemed terrrible[/].
Blue spawns on Ridgeline seemed janky too.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Top Bottom