• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

I think that was you I accidentally assassinated yesterday in that headhunter game? :lol Sorry.
Ha ha that game was pretty crazy, I feel bad for the guy who didn't get the achievement registered.

Also, who was the guy who yelled me to "Stop fucking moving!", I almost jumped out from my bed :lol

No love for my invasion map, feels bad man...

The anniversary classic playlist seems kind of like a mixed bag. Almost all the games I've played on it have been totally lopsided with one team being pistol beasts, and the other team being naive AR users.

Also, I love the platforming and power pickup aspects present in the Classic maps.

Hey You

Do we know what 343i is doing with the nameplates?

Like the DMR? I still have it on, but ran out of Bungie pro before it got shut off. I'm afriad to change it because we can't get Bungie pro anymore.

wwm0nkey

Someone on the Waypoint forums dicovered this.

Sign into waypoint and click on the drop down menu, click and hold down on the Career Overview and drag it to the far right.

Why is this bloom and armor abilities bullshit in the Anniversary playlist? I thought this shit was going to be classic. Anniversary. Celebrating classic Halo. Play a game and guys are rolling all the fuck around and I have to pace my god damn DMR. What is this crap? Then I jump into the BTB playlist and in one game it has armor abilities and in the next it has none. WTF? Bipolar much? Just f'ing settle on classic already. There are like 40 goddamn playlists with armor abilites. Does this shit really need to be in classic too? I mean come on...

Protip: Play Anniversary Classic

So Skyrim has totally dominated my life, so I haven't been following anything else for a while. Anyway, I would just like to know what everyone thinks of all the new maps. As a whole package, do you think they would be worth getting when they're released on XBLM?

So Skyrim has totally dominated my life, so I haven't been following anything else for a while. Anyway, I would just like to know what everyone thinks of all the new maps. As a whole package, do you think they would be worth getting when they're released on XBLM?

They've already been released on XBLM and they are great. Plenty of variation with great artwork. 1200 points is a really good price for 7 maps too.

You can already download them and yes, I would strongly advise to download them. They are great!

By the way, anyone else can't see any avatars?

daedalius

So I made it through the first and 2nd levels on legendary. 1st wasn't too bad, definitely died a lot on HALO, but at least got the achievements.

Also my 60" TV came... and it was dented on the top and the screen was fractured. Had to send it back :(

What's up with no avatars? That's how I identified people... -edit: ah, bug from bringing back animated avatars; I love those!

Homeboyd

Since nobody else noticed your post...
WTF? They are doing something really mysterious.

It's just the web-based version of the terminal library on the game version of Waypoint. I've got all the terminal vids stored there that I've unlocked. But yeah, there could definitely be more to it than just terminal vids.

wwm0nkey

It's just the web-based version of the terminal library on the game version of Waypoint. I've got all the terminal vids stored there that I've unlocked. But yeah, there could definitely be more to it than just terminal vids.

The fact we can type in text makes me think there is more that we have yet to see.

ElRenoRaven

I've tried typing in every Halo related thing I could think of into the terminal but so far no luck :(

It's the waypoint apps terminal stuff. I did that and it shows all the stuff I unlocked doing that stuff on the 360. I'll be damned. That would have made unlocking them so much easier.

wwm0nkey

It's the waypoint apps terminal stuff. I did that and it shows all the stuff I unlocked doing that stuff on the 360.

I'll be damned. That would have made unlocking them so much easier.

I don't think its just those terminals, its obvious we can type something in for a reason but have no idea what to type in as it keeps on saying

"0201 - invalid string: retry using a valid internal or external command"

ElRenoRaven

I don't think its just those terminals, its obvious we can type something in for a reason but have no idea what to type in as it keeps on saying

"0201 - invalid string: retry using a valid internal or external command"

I wouldn't read too much into that. It's probably just the way it was coded. Maybe meant for something later. Also I just played around
I think it's a side effect from the forerunner key entry. Try entering symbols on that and hit enter notice it comes up with that prompt too and the words no data recovered. Also what it's saying after you type anything is invalid string. So it really comes off as the way they coded the terminal stuff and it being a bug in the page.

Kuroyume

Banned
Protip: Play Anniversary Classic

I just would have liked a playlist where I could play BTB games with the classic settings.

Btw, I also don't like how there are like various versions of each map. It's like they sat down and thought about how they could best complicate the matchmaking process for gamers. There are like several versions of Headlong? Why? Does there really need to be a version for the armor abilities?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
FFA should get whacked and replaced with a BTB classic. :p

I just would have liked a playlist where I could play BTB games with the classic settings.

Btw, I also don't like how there are like various versions of each map. It's like they sat down and thought about how they could best complicate the matchmaking process for gamers. There are like several versions of Headlong? Why? Does there really need to be a version for the armor abilities?

Turned off cause they're causing slowdowns on forums. They'll be returned when everything is fixed.

Hahahah multiquote is so fuckin cool

Whys TU Beta still up? Real TU is out with a whole bunch of Anniversary playlists.

SO MANY PLAYLISTS.

Huge mismanagement. Who is in charge here? Its disgusting.

Whys TU Beta still up? Real TU is out with a whole bunch of Anniversary playlists.

SO MANY PLAYLISTS.

Huge mismanagement. Who is in charge here? Its disgusting.

Its probably just there for the stragglers who didnt buy anniversary but they want to hook in with a 3sk Pistol.

It should have at least been renamed but meh I guess.

feel

facepalm at the best MM gameplay being just in a buried/niche playlist and given just 4 maps

facepalm at undestroyable armor lock and 100% bloom still in most of the playlists

facepalm at the achievement that demands an almost impossible to get zombie+defiant combination

facepalm at my use of facepalm

Can we agree that Loadouts suck?

Dude, I thought we all agreed on that as soon as the Reach beta ended?

facepalm at the best MM gameplay being just in a buried/niche playlist and given just 4 maps

facepalm at undestroyable armor lock and 100% bloom still in most of the playlists

facepalm at the achievement that demands an almost impossible to get zombie+defiant combination

Yeah agreed with all of the above, it totally sucks, they need to either throw in more maps or make those settings more universal.

Ha ha that game was pretty crazy, I feel bad for the guy who didn't get the achievement registered.

Also, who was the guy who yelled me to "Stop fucking moving!", I almost jumped out from my bed :lol

No love for my invasion map, feels bad man...

Oh yeah sorry about that man! I joined your lobby but at that time I was so hell bent on getting achievments I really didnt want to play customs. No matter how awesome they could have been!

Striker

Is AL in most playlists? It's essentially wiped out of TO, Arena, Squad Slayer, and BTB. I haven't played Squad yet in Anni., though.

I had thought 85% bloom would be moved for all of Reach, but that hasn't happened - yet.

halo.xbox.com/Terminal

You can type in commands on this one so it might make it easier to find other easter eggs if there are any more.

I really think there is more to this than just an online collection of the terminals plus the 11th one. The fact that it allows 10 symbols to be inputted being the main giveaway, where only 5 are needed per terminal. The other reason is I doubt they would go through all this trouble make such a cryptic yet well functioning app for just the 11th terminal. Whether they plan to release more terminals in the future or give us codes with other cryptic hints I dont know, but I think people should do some experimenting.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dude, I thought we all agreed on that as soon as the Reach beta ended?

Well I believe back in the beta, I was cautious about it. But really, they've been poorly handled, they were never balanced and I still can't believe gametypes with the full loadout list still exists.

They are all pretty balanced.

Jetpack
+Gets you new paths to places
-Loud as fuck
-Advanced radar takes away altitude discrepancies that play off the human eye's weaknesses (Lot less vertical vision than horizontal vision)
-Lose other abilities
Run
+Gets you places fast
-Little Loud
-Lose other abilities
Armor Lock
+Temporarily don't die
-Without teamwork its basically useless
-Lose other abilities
Invisi
+Enemy cant see you well
-Radar becomes retarded