• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

It's Christmas time y'all!

Yeah, Prisoner is a veeery weird map. I can't imagine it being much better way back when.

Make quick work against my opponents in a 4v4 classic slayer match. Kinda small though (couldn't figure out how to reach the third floor for some damn reason)

Ramirez

I get that the panting sounds are funny, but do people not realize that they were added to balance sprint out? Can you imagine how many people would get the drop on you with a melee or something if you didn't hear them breathing so heavily?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
lolol Infamous top 12

For real? That's embarrassing.

Edit: People are complaining about the panting sounds? Ugh, get out of here with that shit. I'll bet you don't like flag juggling so you don't hear the "flag dropped, flag taken, flag dropped..."

Sai-kun

Banned
I don't understand the credentials for the "Dive Bomber" achievement. I've tried it many times. Any tips?

Perhaps its my method. How exactly does one achieve a "Beat Down"? I'm guessing its a double pummel with no other damage inflicted?

It's a smack in the back, without assassinating. You both have to be actively jetpacking (So, there's fire comin' out of your pack), and then you hit 'em in the back!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Welp, that's the last time you'll see those 4 team together. I don't think I've ever seen a team hate each other as much as they do.

From what I hear you might be right. Also, all that talk about Lxthul playing only Skyrim is BS.

Dug

Banned
Mister Chief never fails to make me laugh:

OkSGb.jpg

PNut

Banned
Paper Beats Rock Defiant: Assassinated a player that just exited Armor-Lock in a matchmade game.

What playlist can I find a Defiant map that has AL?

It's a smack in the back, without assassinating. You both have to be actively jetpacking (So, there's fire comin' out of your pack), and then you hit 'em in the back!

Yeah because of the assassinations in Reach, Bungie renamed the melees.
Regular melee: Pummel
Backsmack: Beat Down
Assassination (animation): Assassination

Paper Beats Rock Defiant: Assassinated a player that just exited Armor-Lock in a matchmade game.

What playlist can I find a Defiant map that has AL?
Premium Battle maybe? I think the objective gametypes in that playlist are based off the BTB ones so they would have armor lock, and obviously the slayer ones would as well.

Not really sure to be honest though.

Also, that achievement is possibly the worst, because you're not supposed to get right up next to a player coming out of armor lock. They can turn instantly as low as they move the camera around in third person making it almost impossible to assassinate them, and you get EMP'd so its a dumb gameplay decision to begin with.

Quick edit, and the go to new post button now working correctly is awesome.

Headlong is a fantastic map! Seriously! What part of the map isn't used at all? I mean, this is easily my favourite map. That new corridor in Breakneck and that mancannon are great additions to the gameplay. 4v4 snipers suits the map so well. So much vertical gameplay present but getting higher is always easily done. Vehicles can be quite powerful but there are numerous choke points to trap them in. If they're not in an enclosed one-way route, they're in the open and prone to a lot more fire from most parts of the map. Routes for flag and assault gamtypes are really good too.

Feels so good to play the map that defined most of my time on System Link Halo 2. So fucking good.

Had some good games tonight with Hydra , Hyper, et al. BTB and Objective games continue to be several order of magnitude more interesting when playing with people who know what they're doing.

Actually, we had a really weird bug occur the other day on Timberlands CTF. The game started up but the announcer said "Flag Dropped" on the Loadout screen. We all think that's a little bit weird. So we all spawn in and we clearly see our flag on the capture point. A second later; "Flag Captured". Red Team had scored their own flag. I had heard that and so I was trying to capture our own flag. I mean, it should have been possible right? Nope. Our flag began resetting and in the same split second it respawned, I would have sworn I had the option to pick it up. 1 - 0 down within 3 seconds... It was pretty weird.

Blinding

So who's in the losers finals? Winner's finals is BtH and Instinct right?

Losers Bracket play continues tomorrow. That Instinct-Dynasty matchup was a let down, Formal underperformed completely, I mean, how the fuck do you kill yourself with rockets like that? Also, TP continued their trend of choking by placing 9-12th again.

Dug

Banned
While looking at the Xbox Rewards site I noticed the most popular avatar item is the Bungie 20th Anniversary T-Shirt. Am proud.

Karl2177

So I'm back after one hell of a night. Played some games, stormed the field, played some more games, and partied hard. What all did I miss in the past 24 hours?

:lol "Your Halo credentials deserve recognition!"

That BTB classic match on Timberland sucked ass

2 kills and so many fucking deaths. Embarrassing performance by me, but at least we won by a small margin

And completing two Anniversary achievements was great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq5u3bt6eB0&hd=1

How to fucking close. Take the time to watch what the definition of Ridgeline means. Map is so bad without AA's, sure take out the vehicles but don't remove the AA's

Thermite

Yea, I definitely know my hours are wrong now, you didn't even play Halo 2 that much did you?

Nah, not on my current account. On my very first XBL account way back in the day, I think I got in maybe 300-500 games? Most of my Halo MP time was with Halo 3. I've put in a pretty big chunk with Reach, too..

U jelly? ;P

Ramirez

Nah, not on my current account. On my very first XBL account way back in the day, I think I got in maybe 300-500 games? Most of my Halo MP time was with Halo 3. I've put in a pretty big chunk with Reach, too..

U jelly? ;P

I'd just like to know how much time I've wasted.

8K in Halo 2, 10.5 K in 3, and 4K in Reach, i know that's more than 800 hours, lol.

Oozer3993

FfFdM.jpg

I have no idea where that hour figure comes from. I have more than that in Competitive Reach alone. That's without counting Invasion, Customs, or Arena. Or my 1000 games of Halo 3. Or my 4000 games of Halo 2.

Where do you guys see this? I'm on the rewards site and don't see any of these stats. US only maybe?

It's from an email. It's not on the site.

ElRenoRaven

So yea I remember people asking about Halo Anniversary stats and where you could see yours.

http://www.halo.xbox.com/en-us/Career/HaloAnniversary/ServiceRecord

There is where. It's mainly basic stuff but it's still interesting what it does track. The times taken to beat a level I think are wrong. I know I didn't take a day to beat one level on legendary. I think it counts the entire time from start to finish even if you turn it off for awhile and come back later to finish the next day or something.

Top Bottom