• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Is AL in most playlists? It's essentially wiped out of TO, Arena, Squad Slayer, and BTB. I haven't played Squad yet in Anni., though.

I had thought 85% bloom would be moved for all of Reach, but that hasn't happened - yet.

AL is in BTB I believe.

85%, AL, and Camo tweaks should be in every playlist. (All the default Reach playlists)

Quick Edit is hawt!

I really think there is more to this than just an online collection of the terminals plus the 11th one. The fact that it allows 10 symbols to be inputted being the main giveaway, where only 5 are needed per terminal. The other reason is I doubt they would go through all this trouble make such a cryptic yet well functioning app for just the 11th terminal. Whether they plan to release more terminals in the future or give us codes with other cryptic hints I dont know, but I think people should do some experimenting.
Of course there is more behind this. I'm making a bet: Halo 4 terminals are going to have the same symbols at the end too.

Anyone up for some big team today? I want to play without having to carry a bunch of idiots It's stressful.
I will play today.

Argh for picking up a Health pack without seeing it. argh!

Forgot how much of a pain in the ass being blue team is on Headlong, got reminded last night.

In fact I've only been blue on Headlong so far, ewww.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
They are all pretty balanced.

Jetpack
+Gets you new paths to places
-Loud as fuck
-Advanced radar takes away altitude discrepancies that play off the human eye's weaknesses (Lot less vertical vision than horizontal vision)
-Lose other abilities
Run
+Gets you places fast
-Little Loud
-Lose other abilities
Armor Lock
+Temporarily don't die
-Without teamwork its basically useless
-Lose other abilities
Invisi
+Enemy cant see you well
-Radar becomes retarded
-Lose other abilities
Evade
+Barrel Roll
-Lose ability to shoot, I think thats the disability
-Roll off cliffs like a pro
-Lose other abilities.

They all have checks and balances.

Are there actually any hard counters to the AA's though? Aside from just being able to detect them? Like, for Jetpack, what if you could lock on to a Jetpacker with rockets. What if when you have camo, the sticky aiming on you for your opponent is stronger. What if you can only activate sprint when your shields are at 50% or less? I'm just throwing out ideas, I haven't really thought about these for more than 30 seconds lol. But if they all have checks and balances then why does stock Reach gameplay suck? I mean, stock Halo 3 sucked too so it's something that at least I'm used to.

ElRenoRaven

Totally OT here but I know there are plenty of talented folks here.

So I almost forgot but is any Halogaffer good with photoshop? I know we're getting to my favorite time of the year aka Christmas and I don't have it and wouldn't know how to use it if I could. I'm looking for someone that can help me add a Santa Hat on to this image replacing the hat he's wearing currently.

http://i.imgur.com/ITWBT.jpg

It's the image I use to make all my avatars at various forums. lol

I hate the new achievements besides the 3 straight headshots one, I just got the beatdown/jetpack cheev, as a bumper jumper user, that was terrible.

I know a few people on here still needs to grab the achievements, maybe its worth getting another gaf group together to just knock them out?

Anyone up for doing them tonight? I managed to nab em all but ill help whoever still needs them.

We all have REALLY weird nicknames, never noticed that before.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. If I had time and skillz, I would totally draw loads of Gaffers as their nicknames or gamertags. All a top a massive Ghaleon of course :p

Maybe we can pester Ken enough into doing it.

ElRenoRaven

I know a few people on here still needs to grab the achievements, maybe its worth getting another gaf group together to just knock them out?

Anyone up for doing them tonight? I managed to nab em all but ill help whoever still needs them.

I would but without a headset it just makes it a pain. Hopefully sometime next weekend I'll be up for a party to finish getting them. Plus I'm using my 360 for the UFC PPV tonight anyway.

Homeboyd

Man I killed every damn living thing on Keyes and didn't get the elite achievement... Not sure how it's possible I missed one. I ran around for 20 minutes after clearing everything out looking for another elite... No luck

Kuroyume

Banned
They are all pretty balanced.

Jetpack
+Gets you new paths to places
-Loud as fuck
-Advanced radar takes away altitude discrepancies that play off the human eye's weaknesses (Lot less vertical vision than horizontal vision)
-Lose other abilities
Run
+Gets you places fast
-Little Loud
-Lose other abilities
Armor Lock
+Temporarily don't die
-Without teamwork its basically useless
-Lose other abilities
Invisi
+Enemy cant see you well
-Radar becomes retarded
-Lose other abilities
Evade
+Barrel Roll
-Lose ability to shoot, I think thats the disability
-Roll off cliffs like a pro
-Lose other abilities.

They all have checks and balances.

You are nuts. What does the Jetpack being loud have to do with anything? lol

Here's how I would do it:

Jetpack

+ Gets you across places quickly and to high places that people with other armor abilities would be unable to get to. By association it lets you skip skirmishes on maps and lets you get to flags, bombs, etc much easier.
+ Rain grenades on people. You would otherwise have a tougher time trying to throw one to a higher spot with Reach's whacky grenade arc.
+ You can shoot while using the ability.
+ Flying in the air makes the battles difficult for people on the ground if your in close proximity to them. All of the sudden I have to take into consideration that some dude is flying above me where before I just had to focus on the movement directly in front. It's a disruptive adjustment to make during the game.
+ ARs. The most abusive combination of weapon and armor ability next to invis and sniper.

Sprint

+ Gets you to places quickly. Lets you skip skirmishes much more easily.
- You can't shoot while running.
- You can only run foward.

Armor Lock

+ Disrupts fights giving you a shot to perhaps live if another enemy or teammate intereferes in the fight.
+ Disrupts melees
+ Electro magnetic pulse
+ Destroys vehicles
- Doesn't really improve how the player moves throughout the map... Only somehwat.

Invis

+ Makes you somehwat invisible. It's nowhere near what it was in the previous games.
+ Deadly ability with the sniper.
- Shoot and you come out of invis briefly.
- Move slightly and you come out of invis briefly.
- If you shields are recharging while you are invisible the shield recharge effect will give away your position.
- Radar jams your own radar.
- Your audio gets drowned out.
- Doesn't really improve how the player moves throughout the map... Only somewhat if you move REALLY FUCKING SLOWLY.

Evade

+ Allows for the player to roll around the map in all directions. Absurd given the Sprint can only go forward.
+ Incredibly difficult to aim at some using this given how they shrink into a ball ridiculously fast. If you have your sensitivity at a low setting then you're screwed. It's not appropiate for the smaller spartans. Not being able to shoot is not a problem given how it lets people escape from fights so easily.
+ You can vault across maps.
+ One of the best abilities for letting people escape or skip skirmishes.
+ Abusive with the sword and its lunge

There's not a single drawback for using Evade. It's f'ing absurd that it is still on Spartans despite it being so fucking obvious that it's overpowered. 343 did absolutely nothing to it with the TU instead choosing to nerf one of the weaker abilities in Invis, and it also happens to be in every playlist that I play. Fucking great.

Of course Anni, why torture people.
I heard some people like to torture other people.
Nope, they did the same thing like you did: Idling.
Man I killed every damn living thing on Keyes and didn't get the elite achievement... Not sure how it's possible I missed one. I ran around for 20 minutes after clearing everything out looking for another elite... No luck
I heard it is embarrassing to not get the Popcorn.gif. But you shouldn't be disappointed to not get the Kill all Elites one if you got the Popcorn.GIF. I didn't get it. And everyone will laugh at me if they find out.

So one of your negatives on camo is it drowns gameplay audio out yet jetpack doesn't matter that its loud?

Lemme just spend the next eternity trying to wrap my head aroud that logic.

Yes my list was basic and you could go into more complexities but I think I nailed the major checks and balances. If you think one is definitely overpowered then I really urge you to take that into the game and use it, use that competitive advantage.

I love rocking camo, I've gotten a handful of perfections with it, some nice overkills (on GAF) Ive armor locked myself out of almost certain death. I've sprint and evaded to safety thousands of times. I've jetpacked to the randomest rocks on Asylum that should have kill barriers on.

Crucio

Nice new features and layout. Fresh.

Does anyone know what playlist and maps are needed to get the Anniversary Jetpack Beatdown achievement? You need a jetpack to get it but jetpacks aren't available on Anniversary maps. (Originaly named remakes)

Does anyone know what playlist and maps are needed to get the Anniversary Jetpack Beatdown achievement? You need a jetpack to get it but jetpacks aren't available on Anniversary maps. (Originaly named remakes)

Jetpacks are in BTB.

Havok

Anniversary Squad, BTB Anniversary in the TU gametypes. Any of the Anniversary maps or variants (classic/updated) should work just fine.

Ramirez

:lol what?! I couldn't play on Wireless.

Prepare to start going positive

I've been playing Wireless for the past two months, and I've honestly saw no difference. I'm using the Reach console though, dunno if that's better than the adapter on the old ones...?

I've been playing Wireless for the past two months, and I've honestly saw no difference. I'm using the Reach console though, dunno if that's better than the adapter on the old ones...?

The wireless adapter in the new Xbox model is better than the old ones. As long as you have a good wireless router that gives you a solid wireless signal to where you Xbox is located, you probably won't notice a difference when playing.

Looks like all the GAF parties are filled up (one with 4 people, one with 8). If anyone is looking for another player shoot me an invite. GT BlueThunder850.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

That's nice. In my experience wireless has not been fun. I haven't played Reach with wireless though so I could be over-exaggerating how much it sucks these days.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

My xbox is fine, it's my router that sucks butt.

Top Bottom