• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

FyreWulff

Ok, what if you had three arms and they were all gravity Hammers and you had no legs, so you kind of have to cartwheel around, but every step you take destroys everything?

ChopperH3.png

One of these days we really should play that game where someone draws on something hands it to the next person to draw on, and so forth. It all would have to be halo related though for maximum lulz.

Striker

Different tastes I guess. I found the fire-fights in Halo 3 and Halo: Reach much more exciting and dramatic than the fire-fights in Halo or Halo 2, where a single weapon usually dominated and the same tactics and map control strategies played out the same way match after match after match.
The DMR/Reach and BR/Halo 3 didn't have that same formula? Outta your mind.

And battling around or through a bubble shield is no different than battling around a piece of cover in Halo: CE or Halo 2 to me.
Gross.

eeblogue

Neo Member
I honestly think bloom is necessary for weapon balance. But 85% bloom compared to Reach feels good to me.

No, it’s this way of thinking that has destroyed gun-play and the skill gap since CE; you balance these weapons by making them harder to use. Reducing precision weapons aim assist and bullet magnetism along with giving the player a Spartan that is actually fast, agile and responsive is the way forward. And while you’re at it reducing the player models (hit-boxes) and giving bonus damage for headshots would be a nice.

No, it’s this way of thinking that has destroyed gun-play and the skill gap since CE; you balance these weapons by making them harder to use. Reducing precision weapons aim assist and bullet magnetism along with giving the player a Spartan that is actually fast, agile and responsive is the way forward. And while you’re at it reducing the player models (hit-boxes) and giving bonus damage for headshots would be a nice.

Now here's a post that is smart.

FyreWulff

Man, I like Infection but it'd kinda feel like it'd come off pretty boring on LAN.

I remember when we were holding out after the Halo 2 sign in had been shut off, for a couple of days the only games being played were Infection. I was like "DAMNIT WE NEED TO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE"

feel

Man, I like Infection but it'd kinda feel like it'd come off pretty boring on LAN.

I remember when we were holding out after the Halo 2 sign in had been shut off, for a couple of days the only games being played were Infection. I was like "DAMNIT WE NEED TO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE"
Speaking of this, I was checking out that 10th Anniversary of Halo magazine earlier today in the toilet, and stumbled upon an interview with Hirednoobs (and some others) about those last games of Halo 2. Pretty cool for him I thought.

daedalius

Speaking of this, I was checking out that 10th Anniversary of Halo magazine earlier today in the toilet, and stumbled upon an interview with Hirednoobs (and some others) about those last games of Halo 2. Pretty cool for him I thought.

Heh, bought this today at Microcenter while I was browsing for deals.

Ended up going to BB and getting Rage for $30 and Dance Central 2 for $25.

wwm0nkey

Was thinking about this but would anyone like it if there was a mode for Halo 4 that was kind of like a RTS where you get points by time, killing and ect to buy weapons and other things. Basically how Forge mode was originally going to be but maybe with a MOBA twist.

FyreWulff

I'm still convinced to this day that Bungie set an upper limit on the last game ID bungie.net would record, since yeah I'm not exactly convinced it ended naturally on a game ID divisible by 7. Still had a bunch of good memories of the run though.

So I like to remind those people that they burned up game ids on freaking 5 hour long infection games on Coagulation (seriously?)

At least I pushed for and got recorded in the last ranked game of Halo 2, even though n00bs had to go and one-up me by being in the last recorded game ever.

Was thinking about this but would anyone like it if there was a mode for Halo 4 that was kind of like a RTS where you get points by time, killing and ect to buy weapons and other things. Basically how Forge mode was originally going to be but maybe with a MOBA twist.

According to an interview a while back with Bungie, Invasion had a whole economy system and a purchase menu for your team to buy stuff that was cut. We were this close to getting a modern version of C&C Renegade (you even had to walk up to purchase kiosks like you do in Renegade)

wwm0nkey

According to an interview a while back with Bungie, Invasion had a whole economy system and a purchase menu for your team to buy stuff that was cut. We were this close to getting a modern version of C&C Renegade (you even had to walk up to purchase kiosks like you do in Renegade)

See now this I would like a lot, a mix between RTS and Shooters is really cool. Love the way Star Hawk is doing it too.

MW3 survival mode does this, its a nice idea i was thinking about Firefight 3.0 the other day. A weapon purchase system ala MW3 and the purchase system from gears horde would be great addition, purchase auto-turrets, holo projectors, useable turrets, barricades ect

The more expensive items could be a ai spartan strike team or a elephant, pelican attack runs like on Sierra 117 and longsword bombings like invasion. Most expensive item could be a halo wars esq mac strike or for enclosed maps a map wide explosion like they did to the grunts in "fall of reach" (the drums filled with extra ammo and frags ect)|

P.s boot someone off your FR i cant add you

Yeah Invasion had some interesting iterations during development. At one point, it was 3 'fireteams' of 3 that each actually had their own objective that was all together part of a larger objective. That was also when they were playing with Reach supporting more than 16 players (That iteration was an 18 player game).

That would make for some frustrating games with randoms.

Most likely why it got cut, i can count multiple times me and 1 other person have both skunked and captured the core in invasion carrying the whole team of scrubs 3 objectives would of been hell.

I did prefer the beta colours for invasion what was the reason for change?

FyreWulff

That would make for some frustrating games with randoms.

Even after all the cuts, Invasion is still a very complicated gametype. It's even challenging to Forge it correctly.

I would have liked to have seen Certain Affinity do an Invasion map, especially with Headlong, but seeing as how they got Firefight down pat with Installation 04 finally.. I don't think they were quite ready to undertake doing an Invasion map.

Ask and you shall receive

edit: well, I meant that to be an extra quote to my last post. Whoops.

Bit of extra coding so spartans where always green and visa versa was really too much?

Still seems pretty odd, i mean red and blue is fine i just prefered green and purple im overestimating the population of xbox live obviouisly in thinking that they could tell the difference between a BIG ELITE and a spartan

FyreWulff

Bit of extra coding so spartans where always green and visa versa was really too much?

I added in two more posts from Jonny, but it's probably related to this tidbit:

Color was part of team setup, which got very complicated and error-prone because of needing to support FFA, normal teams, and fireteam setup. That's why most of that stuff is hidden from the UI.

Probably too dangerous to attempt late in the game.

I want to be drunk again. Next weekend I hope. I'm going to drink a lot, if there is no Halo 4 teaser at the VGAs.

Otherwise I'M GOING TO PLAY LASERTAG TODAY! *N64KIDMODE*.

Top Bottom