• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Well sorry if we thought the guy who doesn't like Skyrim has other fucked up ideas.

:p

The manager at our local Starbucks doesn't like it either. He said everyone told him it would be all battling dragons above soaring aeries, casting magic at dark wizards and screaming sonic death at great bears and wolves. He says so far he's gotten lost and eaten a lot of bugs.

kylej

Banned
First game in a month, had a horrendously laggy, 2fps game of Firefight, followed by a 3 shot pistol game where everyone quit out except for one and we spent 15 minutes hunting around for him.

I'm done. Halo 4 please, thanks.

Karl2177

On a completely non-Halo related note, I jumped off my parent's porch, caught my foot on some Christmas decorations, and faceplanted pretty hardcore. So next year don't do stupid stuff over Thanksgiving Break.

So Halo... My Xbox is still at my friend's house.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Do not get your hopes up. This is not code for, 'secretly do get your hopes up.' it is non code for, 'do not get your hopes up.'.

Joystiq said that there would be a Halo CE remake developed by Saber Int. :p

Tawpgun

343's got it figured out.

Do not hype Halo 4, because once the Halo Hype Machine starts rolling, it can't be stopped. That way isntead of falling short of the hype, Halo 4 will pleasantly surprise us. Maybe even blow us away,

Genius.

They're probably holding all the hype for a hype blitzkrieg at PAX East amirite?

I like surprises. After Halo 4 got prematurely announced I was sad.. Imagine watching E3 and not knowing it was coming. So I am all for some secrecy surrounding Halo 4. Heres hoping we dont have to wait long though.

FyreWulff

I'll never see the draw of booze but I did by a shitton of pop for the thankgivings

144 cans of tooth destroying goodness

24x Mt Dew, 24x Coca Cola, 24x Barq's, 24x Wild Cherry Pepsi, 24x Nestea Lemon Tea, 24x Coca Cola Zero

We've still got 60 of them left.

Mt Dew and Zero were the first ones to fall

If they bring back Game Fuel for Halo 4, MS needs to convince Pepsi to sell it for less than 6$ a 12 pack.

Someone please save me from Cormac McCarthy's The Road. I don't know how much more I can take.

It's this book that's preventing from unboxing my Xbox for the break and playing Anniversary.

Seems kind of pointless now anyway, I guess. Gotta go back to school tomorrow.

Someone please save me from Cormac McCarthy's The Road. I don't know how much more I can take.

It's this book that's preventing from unboxing my Xbox for the break and playing Anniversary.

Seems kind of pointless now anyway, I guess. Gotta go back to school tomorrow.

Are you kidding? That's a fucking amazing book. I would have killed to read that in school instead of shit like Catcher and the Rye.

Although I did read good stuff like 1984, Brave New World, Catch 22, Animal Farm and the like... but still, The Road would have been a great addition.

Are you kidding? That's a fucking amazing book. I would have killed to read that in school instead of shit like Catcher and the Rye.

Although I did read good stuff like 1984, Brave New World, Catch 22, Animal Farm and the like... but still, The Road would have been a great addition.
Cormac's writing style in The Road is like bloom in Reach. I was actively trying to read and follow along instead of enjoying the narrative.

Kuroyume

Banned
343's got it figured out.

Do not hype Halo 4, because once the Halo Hype Machine starts rolling, it can't be stopped. That way isntead of falling short of the hype, Halo 4 will pleasantly surprise us. Maybe even blow us away,

Genius.

They're probably holding all the hype for a hype blitzkrieg at PAX East amirite?

Lol

0% chance

feel

He's just saying it won't blow us away, not hard to agree with that specially with it being released on the same hardware and engine as the previous games, plus how often does a videogame sequel actually blow people away hypebole aside? I don't see it blowing away gameplay wise either, it either will please the fans or (they will ignore the original trilogy's gameplay existed and) it will just be a sequel to Reach.

Kuroyume

Banned
Yes, I like Halo. You can like Halo and yet be pessimistic about the next title blowing you away.

He's just saying it won't blow us away, not hard to agree with that specially with it being released on the same hardware and engine as the previous games, plus how often does a videogame sequel actually blow people away hypebole aside? I don't see it blowing away gameplay wise either, it either will please the fans or (they will ignore the original trilogy's gameplay existed and) it will just be a sequel to Reach.

Exactly.

For a Halo game to blow me away it would have to be something I know it won't be.

That would be pretty mindblowing. In a bad way. :(

Tawpgun

Yes, I like Halo. You can like Halo and yet be pessimistic about the next title blowing you away.

Exactly.

For a Halo game to blow me away it would have to be something I know it won't be.

To be fair, it's as much as a sequel as Return of the Jedi can be regarded as a sequel to Revenge of the Sith.

New Trilogy. New enemies. New (or ancient?) conflict.

I gots hopes.

TheOddOne

@kirklandcougar
YAMyb.png

Ehhh...followed.

Yeah, you're tweeting the whole time about Psych...
Hey, I tweet about movies I saw too. Watched the remake of Fright Night.

I would not mind being locked up with this vampire:

tumblr_lq8tx4gOhu1qhz3xro1_500.png

Brb.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Exactly.

What if, instead of vehicles, you get in a hovering smart bomb emitter that plays ice cream truck music and lures players inexorably, and against their will, towards its blast radius?

KevinRo

I honestly think it will

Unless they do a complete reboot with new gameplay mechanics that include shorter encounters, re-tooling weapons to make them more useful(*plasma rifle*, make it actually stun people again), in-game changing triggered events ala interactive environments, I don't think much will change about the multiplayer side.

What if, instead of vehicles, you get in a hovering smart bomb emitter that plays [leaked Prometheus trailers] and lures players inexorably, and against their will, towards its blast radius?
Fixed.
It's so boring. Almost nothing happens within the first 200 pages (5/6) of the book. I could have someone who has never read the book start at page 200 and he'd be completely caught up. He would not be lost at all.

Then there's the repetitive dialogue that encompasses 90% of the dialogue in the book. Here's the format:
1. Question.
2. Statement.
3. Question.
4. Repeat question as statement with either a "yes" or an "okay." And "okay" turns into his go-to word.

Not only that, but most conversations have a finality to it like McCarthy intends each conversation to be the last in the book. Makes it harder to get through each conversation as the book goes on.

And he doesn't use fucking quotation marks. It was driving me up the wall.

I can understand that if you're not in the mood for this kind of book, you're not going to like it, but still. The book could easily shave 200 pages and not lose much. Ending was done well, I thought.

TheOddOne

Not only that, but most conversations have a finality to it like McCarthy intends each conversation to be the last in the book. Makes it harder to get through each conversation as the book goes on.

And he doesn't use fucking quotation marks. It was driving me up the wall.

I can understand that if you're not in the mood for this kind of book, you're not going to like it, but still. The book could easily shave 200 pages and not lose much. Ending was done well, I thought.
To each his own I guess Dax, I fucking loved The Road. I do have to give you one thing, the whole non-use of quotation marks was driving me up the wall too :lol

kylej

Banned

Wait, fighting grunts, elites, and monkeys with hammers isn't still fresh and fun for you? I love it. Those wacky grunts make me laugh every time with their zany lines.

Top Bottom