• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Do not get your hopes up. This is not code for, 'secretly do get your hopes up.' it is non code for, 'do not get your hopes up.'

X-files%20-%20I%20Want%20to%20Believe%20poster%5B1%5D.png

=/

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm maintaining hope.

Oh wait, I'm supposed to be going into media blackout. CONFLICTING URGES.

FyreWulff

Sadface. My legendary box took damage in the move. I have no idea how the hell this even happened :(

dzt8D.jpg

As mentioned earlier, still have my copy of the best version of the EGM Halo 3 issue. I thought about attempting to bring it to HaloFest to be signed but didn't think it would survive the plane.

Lli4Z.jpg

CyReN

I really wish I could get rid of the Reach statue, I have nothing to ship it in,none of my friends want it and I have too much pride in putting it in my closet or throwing it out..

daedalius

So guys, I think I've come to the conclusion that BF3 is Modern Warfare with vehicles, especially based on the PC version.

I distinctly don't remember dying in a heartbeat that often in BFBC2. I really liked Battlefield, why did they have to make it so much like MW??

Also, Reach statue is for desk, best place for it ;)

Please do not discuss shit ass games in the Halo Reach thread. This is a place for good things, like donging with DMR's, Pistols, Shitting on kids, Pooping on tryhards in Easy mode playlist- AKA MLG. Things of that nature.

Sorry Juices, just trying to warn people about 'shit ass games' so they don't leave the goodness of donging BKs.

Please do not discuss shit ass games in the Halo Reach thread. This is a place for good things, like donging with DMR's, Pistols, Shitting on kids, Pooping on tryhards in Easy mode playlist- AKA MLG. Things of that nature.

So guys, I think I've come to the conclusion that BF3 is Modern Warfare with vehicles, especially based on the PC version.

I distinctly don't remember dying in a heartbeat that often in BFBC2. I really liked Battlefield, why did they have to make it so much like MW??

I don't experience that at all from BF3. Had a few epic games today.

daedalius

I don't experience that at all from BF3. Had a few epic games today.

You're telling me you don't experience dying the second you start taking damage?

Epic doesn't really have anything to do with the speed at which you can die.

I am not a fan of dying before I can do anything to save myself. My finger can't even reach the prone button sometimes before I'm dead. Its literally an intake of breath, and you are dead.

I guess I just don't like it, and I preferred BFBC2.

You're telling me you don't experience dying the second you start taking damage?

I am not a fan of dying before I can do anything to save myself. My finger can't even reach the prone button sometimes before I'm dead. Its literally an intake of breath, and you are dead.

You die a bit faster than BC2, but not by much in my opinion. I get out of situations alive where someone starts shooting me quite frequently for a military shooter.

The epic games comment was just I played a few games of BF3 today, not really about your statement lol.

daedalius

You die a bit faster than BC2, but not by much in my opinion. I get out of situations alive where someone starts shooting me quite frequently for a military shooter.

The epic games comment was just I played a few games of BF3 today, not really about your statement lol.

Maybe I'm just remembering BFBC2 poorly, because I don't think I died that fast in that. I'm sure there were plenty of exasperated sighs in BFBC2 as well where I got mowed down without any recourse.

Oh well, wasn't a fan of military shooters before BF3, still not really.

Ramirez

You don't really die any faster than you did in BC2...

Devo, $150 cardboard. :p

heckfu

Banned

I'm with you, brother. Had that same feeling and just didn't really care for the flow of games.

wwm0nkey

The hell are you smoking? Battlefield 3 is nowhere close to MW3, kill times are a bit faster but not Call of Duty fast. I really don't see how any sane person who has played both games could even make that comparison.

daedalius

Is there really a difference between dying in .5 seconds or .75 seconds?

A specific kill time doesn't really matter, dying without being able to do anything(most of the time) is what I am referring to.

Like I said before, dying in an intake of breath is too fast imo. I mean, I just went 27-9 in a round of CQ, most of the guys I killed couldn't do anything before they dropped; and the times I died, I couldn't do anything either (well except for running around that corner into the tank).

I mean, its a military-ass military shooter, I guess it is what I should expect.

edit: Spawning on squadmates is pretty much suicide most of the time, I rarely ever do it. Used to do it all the time in BFBC2. That fade in, bleh.

Maybe I'm just remembering BFBC2 poorly, because I don't think I died that fast in that. I'm sure there were plenty of exasperated sighs in BFBC2 as well where I got mowed down without any recourse.

Oh well, wasn't a fan of military shooters before BF3, still not really.

Yeah sounds like you're just not a fan of military shooters. So much of defending yourself is about positioning in a area/in or around an objective so that you don't find yourself getting shot from behind and such all the time.

wwm0nkey

Is there really a difference between dying in .5 seconds or .75 seconds?

A specific kill time doesn't really matter, dying without being able to do anything(most of the time) is what I am referring to.

Like I said before, dying in an intake of breath is too fast imo. I mean, I just went 27-9 in a round of CQ, most of the guys I killed couldn't do anything before they dropped; and the times I died, I couldn't do anything either (well except for running around that corner into the tank).

I mean, its a military-ass military shooter, I guess it is what I should expect.

If you are spawning on the squad that is your fault, there is supposed to be a huge risk when doing that. If you are talking about in general then that happens in every Battlefield game, you just get up and try again. Got killed by a sniper? Go shove a rocket up his ass when you respawn.

If you are spawning on the squad that is your fault, there is supposed to be a huge risk when doing that. If you are talking about in general then that happens in every Battlefield game, you just get up and try again. Got killed by a sniper? Go shove a rocket up his ass when you respawn.

That's right, when we're in a group of four we can single handily dominate matches just through communication, something that is seriously lacking in BF3. But with randoms there's no way to really know if spawning on them will help you, just gotta keep an eye out on the minimap.

wwm0nkey

With the no show of Halo 4 at the VGA's I REALLY hope 343 doesnt end this year with no Halo 4 news. I mean not unless they are waiting for February 5th at the Super Bowl......hmmmmmm

blamite

Hey 343, the Anniversary achievements suck. I just let the other team cap the flag 3 times because I was trying to stick the carrier. Stop making dumb multiplayer achievements plz.
thanks,
blamite

wwm0nkey

Hey 343, the Anniversary achievements suck. I just let the other team cap the flag 3 times because I was trying to stick the carrier. Stop making dumb multiplayer achievements plz.
thanks,
blamite

halo Mp achievements have never been good and really neither have and game MP achievements that require you to do a certain thing in MP. I mean MP achievements should only be either obtain a certain rank or find easter eggs.

Multiplayer achievements should be banned. :(
Nope. Multiplayer achievements should not hoodwink the player into doing something bad. (Damn. That sentences was hard for me lol.)
What do I mean with this:
Player shouldn't change his behaviour for a achievement.

Good achievements are:
"Reach the Rank xy(=not the highest rank.)"
"Get a xy spree(=highest spree: Running Riot)"
"Kill xy(max. 20,000 Kills) in Multiplayer Matchmaking"
"Win xy matches"
etc.

Reach's DLC achievements are good examples, how MP achievements should not be. There are still better than Gears 3's Seriously 3.0 achievo.

Nope. Multiplayer achievements should not hoodwink the player into doing something bad. (Damn. That sentences was hard for me lol.)
What do I mean with this:
Player shouldn't change his behaviour for a achievement.

Good achievements are:
"Reach the Rank xy(=not the highest rank.)"
"Get a xy spree(=highest spree: Running Riot)"
"Kill xy(max. 20,000 Kills) in Multiplayer Matchmaking"
"Win xy matches"
etc.

Reach's DLC achievements are good examples, how MP achievements should not be. There are still better than Gears 3's Seriously 3.0 achievo.

What if we rephrased (and of course engineered) the achievement that requires someone to stick a flag carrier in an anniversary map to:

Be in a game were the flag carrier gets stuck on an anniversary map.

Much less frustrating, might encourage some teamwork by randoms?

The best MP achievements are worse than the worst campaign achievements. Keep achievements to campaign.

Agreed, achievements for campaign and challenges or a challenge like system for multiplayer, so MP people can have certain goals that mimick achievements.

wwm0nkey

What do you guys think would be better to build hype with Halo 4

VGA showing or Super Bowl?
(the answer is obvious but I am wondering if Halo 4 is going to have a bigger marketing budget than Halo 3)

It's so boring. Almost nothing happens within the first 200 pages (5/6) of the book. I could have someone who has never read the book start at page 200 and he'd be completely caught up. He would not be lost at all.
Plot is more or less important in different kinds of novels. The Road is mostly a (v. depressing) mood piece. It's meant to feel like a slog at times. You need that length and repetition to hammer home that jarring mix of constant boredom and constant terror that is McCarthy's vision of the apocalypse. That "almost nothing happens" is sort of the point. While it's far from his best book (that would be Blood Meridian or maybe Suttree), it's still pretty fucking good.

Edit: also, you should watch the movie now. It's one of the very few films I've seen that's as good as the book in its own way. Except for the addition of the dog at the end, which is inexcusable.

Flipyap

What do you guys think would be better to build hype with Halo 4

VGA showing or Super Bowl?
(the answer is obvious but I am wondering if Halo 4 is going to have a bigger marketing budget than Halo 3)
VGA is a better place for a proper reveal aimed at fans, Super Bowl is where you'd see a short clip of random badassery.
So yeah, both.

wwm0nkey

VGA is a better place for a proper reveal aimed at fans, Super Bowl is where you'd see a short clip of random badassery.
So yeah, both.

Well while the VGAs would be the proper place to show a trailer the Super Bowl would probably be better in general. Again Call of Duty is in the spotlight now and having a Super Bowl ad again would give Halo some of that back again.

2 trailers would be amazing though, personally I just want to see something soon D:

(I also hope we see Destiny at the VGAs)

Top Bottom